PDA

View Full Version : Hildebear's Cane makes blood shoot out of my nostrils.

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 10, 2003, 10:49 AM
I love the status boosts associated with the cane, but does it have to be so freakishly huge? And when you attack, it makes Hildebear noises! Anyone out there know of a Force weapon that has similar boosts and doesn't look like I went shopping at Taxodermists'R'Us?

Kupi
Jul 10, 2003, 12:04 PM
Well, to my knowledge the Hildebear Cane only boosts Foie (the spell, not the line) damage, so if you want an equivalent boost all you need is a Club of Laconium. =/ A Summit Moon or Twinkle Star might be a bit more appropriate, though, since they boost Foie, Zonde, and Barta.

Sunblast
Jul 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
The Hildebear Cane is funny. Not only does it sound like a Hildebear, but it also moves its mouth open and close. Is it really dead?

Reenee
Jul 10, 2003, 12:16 PM
That mouth serves a purpose. Depending on how open it is, it'll determine the Foie level it'll use.

Electron
Jul 10, 2003, 12:24 PM
The Club of Laconium boosts foie with 30% and Fire Scepter Agni boosts fire-techs with 20%.

Stalfos333
Jul 10, 2003, 12:41 PM
I never knew that about the mouth. Are you certain? And does the same hold true for Gibarta out of the Hildeblue?

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 10, 2003, 01:17 PM
Hmm, I didn't know about the mouth thing, interesting, and the only real reason I'm complaining is because I have a tiny (yet powerful) FOnewearl and I made a great multi run and got the head, but was disgusted when I saw the weapon (lol). It dwarfs her and looks retarded. Anyway, thanks and have a good one.

OnnaWren
Jul 10, 2003, 01:37 PM
Hmm.

I run offline sometimes with my FOmar ("Megane Akai", lv 145), and because of his height (even without a hat), the Hilde-canes (I have both -bear and -blue in stock, but I usually run with the -bear due to the FOmar's natural proficiency with Foi) don't cause a visual clash...

I just wish that there were Hildelt and Hildetorr Canes as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 10, 2003, 03:13 PM
Aww, I always thought the Hildebear's Cane was cute.
Well, I dunno about cute, but it always gives me a laugh looking at it. Best. Weapon. Ever.

Reenee
Jul 10, 2003, 05:44 PM
On 2003-07-10 10:24, Electron wrote:
The Club of Laconium boosts foie with 30% and Fire Scepter Agni boosts fire-techs with 20%.

I'd like to add:

Some of you might've thrown away your Laconiums since Hildebear Cane gives a Foie boost too.

Well, the Club of Laconium has a better Foie boost than the 'bear Cane. But just barely.

Z-Death
Jul 10, 2003, 06:14 PM
really? thanks, i jsut amde a force and he has 2 clubs! woot!, and my friend says club of lacronium sucks! hes a retard

Sasarai
Jul 10, 2003, 11:31 PM
You'll notice when using the special attack on the Hildebear's Cane on an enemy who is vulnerable to foie (Bartles) the damage it does varies, sometimes greatly. With my FOnewm it varies from about 240-320.

I never knew why that was, but I assume it's because of what Shapiro stated; how wide the mouth opening is.