PDA

View Full Version : Is this legit?

Atley
Jul 10, 2003, 11:47 AM
I have a friend who plays PSO and he is level 100+ so he has lots of good stuff, and he has given me some special weapons, and im not sure if any of them are hacked, he swears none of them are hacked but anyway. If i used it and it was hacked would i get in any sort of trouble?

kat
Jul 10, 2003, 11:54 AM
In accepting a trade item, you can never be 100% sure that the item isn't a dupe. However, if you trust the friend, and he says that they're legit items he found and doesn't need/want, then you can continue feeling legit.

HOwever, if he's handing you out a BKB and a JSword and a Dark Flow... he's a duper.

As far as I know there aren't any 'duped weapons police' on the cube, because if there were there would be very few humars out there, and we'd be lacking a bunch of other characters with their dark flows and other duped weapons....

And there's no way to prove that your duped weapon really is a dupe or not... but that goes the other way too. There's no way to prove your legit weap is really a dupe. And there's a lot of unofficial condemination for BKB and obviously duped item users because of their in your face BKB kill everything in one hit in the room playing style.

Now, if the weapons he's giving you are some nice vulcans, and a DB's saber and a club of laconium, you can be pretty safe in that they aren't dupes. I also look for weapons percents. If people are offereing me major star items, and the percents are off the charts... I'll assume it's a dupe.

Hope that helped somewhat

Obscenity
Jul 10, 2003, 11:54 AM
The only trouble you have to worry about is if you fear the wrath of the anti-duping/hacking fanatics. If you don't care what they think (which you shouldn't), then don't worry about it.

Atley
Jul 10, 2003, 12:11 PM
Cool, thanx alot you too. I will check the percentages in one second to make sure anyway.

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 03:51 PM
"HOwever, if he's handing you out a BKB and a JSword and a Dark Flow... he's a duper."

that is untrue and stereotypical. not only dupers give out stuff to their friends and to noobs. i remember when i was a newbie my friend gave me a dark flow, and he does not dupe. another time in my noobish days, i met somebody who you could definitely tell he/she wasnt a duper and he/she had a bkb and gave it to some noob because he/she was a fonewearl and could not use it.

kat
Jul 10, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-07-10 13:51, Nall wrote:
"HOwever, if he's handing you out a BKB and a JSword and a Dark Flow... he's a duper."

that is untrue and stereotypical. not only dupers give out stuff to their friends and to noobs. i remember when i was a newbie my friend gave me a dark flow, and he does not dupe. another time in my noobish days, i met somebody who you could definitely tell he/she wasnt a duper and he/she had a bkb and gave it to some noob because he/she was a fonewearl and could not use it.

You're right on that, and it was not meant that way. I appologize.

What I mean is that if he's giving you an entire laundry list of the 'most commonly duped items' then you're in good standing for it being duped.

As well as the fact that finding parasite gene flow stuff is so rare that even if he found the sword itself, the odds of the olga flow dna being legit are so low I'd have a better chance of wining the lottery... so if it's one thing, maybe it's legit. However, finding a monkey king bar in it's own right is incredibly hard, and then making it into a BKB doubles or tripples the difficulty... so for stuff like that the odds are not in the legit holding it's favor.

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 05:30 PM
funny how we keep meeting like this, eh kat?

anyway, i have to admit i do dupe. who doesnt dupe these days? pretty much the main reason i learned to dupe is because i had corrupted two times. both my files were excelent and had alot of excelent items. so i learned to dupe and got alot of my stuff back. then i got another memory card and duped it all and gave it to character on that card and backups. luckily i did it just in the nick of time because i got corrupted again that night. so i did it again but i forgot to do the hunter stuff. and lucky me, i corrupted AGAIN two days later and lost a ton of great stuff. that is why i dupe. i also dupe to help some people. but lately it seems that way too many people dupe. i used to be better than alot of people i had met, but now it seems every force has a 200 mind sato and every hunter has a 195 pow sato. i got very sick of duping so i started legit again, but now i cant ever get exp because every ranger uses heaven punisher, every force uses lv. 30 techniques, and every hunter kills enemies i one hit. i think people should just stop duping completely, and even if they dont, give the legit people a chance to play the game too.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:36 PM
On 2003-07-10 15:30, Nall wrote:

anyway, i have to admit i do dupe. who doesnt dupe these days? pretty much the main reason i learned to dupe is because i had corrupted two times. both my files were excelent and had alot of excelent items. so i learned to dupe and got alot of my stuff back. then i got another memory card and duped it all and gave it to character on that card and backups. luckily i did it just in the nick of time because i got corrupted again that night. so i did it again but i forgot to do the hunter stuff. and lucky me, i corrupted AGAIN two days later and lost a ton of great stuff. that is why i dupe. i also dupe to help some people. but lately it seems that way too many people dupe. i used to be better than alot of people i had met, but now it seems every force has a 200 mind sato and every hunter has a 195 pow sato. i got very sick of duping so i started legit again, but now i cant ever get exp because every ranger uses heaven punisher, every force uses lv. 30 techniques, and every hunter kills enemies i one hit. i think people should just stop duping completely, and even if they dont, give the legit people a chance to play the game too.

if you dupe, you deserve to be corrupted. literly, =and i think PSO needs a server system to detect dupes and corrupt someones card on the spot, simply for duping or having a duped item, that way, people wont do it anymore.. for a while.. it will start up again and a new way to stop them will be needed..

"this is gonna be a long war, and its far from over" - me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-10 16:56 ]</font>

CivX
Jul 10, 2003, 06:37 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:36, Micah wrote:

if you dupe, you deserve to be corrupted. literly and i think PSO needs a server system to detect dupes and corrupt someones card on the spot, simply for duping or having a duped item, that way, people wont do it anymore.. for a while.. it will start up again and a new way to stop them will be needed..

What we need to do is kill all the legits so they'll shut the fuck up about duping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-10 16:56 ]</font>

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:37, CivX wrote:

if you dupe, you deserve to be corrupted. literly, its gay. and i think PSO needs a server system to detect dupes and corrupt someones card on the spot, simply for duping or having a duped item, that way, people wont do it anymore.. for a while.. it will start up again and a new way to stop them will be needed..

What we need to do is kill all the legits so they'll shut the fuck up about duping.

its people like you, who are the ones that need to be drug out in a street and shot. so how about you please stfu before something gets started you will regret.. but thats already begun.. this war that is.

on a note of seriousness, if you want to talk crap, please take it to a pm. i dont think you want to get owned on the fourm for everyone to see. but thats your choice. not mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-10 16:42 ]</font>

CivX
Jul 10, 2003, 06:45 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:40, Micah wrote:

if you dupe, you deserve to be corrupted. literly, its gay. and i think PSO needs a server system to detect dupes and corrupt someones card on the spot, simply for duping or having a duped item, that way, people wont do it anymore.. for a while.. it will start up again and a new way to stop them will be needed..

its people like you, who are the ones that need to be drug out in a street and shot. so how about you please stfu before something gets started you will regret.. but thats already begun.. this war that is.

on a note of seriousness, if you want to talk crap, please take it to a pm. i dont think you want to get owned on the fourm for everyone to see. but thats your choice. not mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-10 16:42 ]</font>

What war? The childish one started by people who have no lives but to bitch on the internet all day? Yeah, okay.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:47 PM
strange.. the only childish one i see here is you

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 06:47 PM
well maybe all the legits should corrupt and quit because they really would not care much because they have no good or even half decent items to have to get back.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:49 PM
listen, if you think PSO should have cheaters and you think cheating is a way of life, please consult this fourm first before talking crap to someone you obviously dont know.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=57569&forum=4

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:47, Micah wrote:

well obviously youre wrong about that since you said that all dupers should be corrupted.

CivX
Jul 10, 2003, 06:52 PM
I don't care if there are cheaters in PSO. They don't affect me in the slightest

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:53 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:50, Nall wrote:

well obviously youre wrong about that since you said that all dupers should be corrupted.

umm.. i wasnt saying that to you. and yes, dupers should be corrupted, why is that childish, its simply common legit sence.. maybe you dont understand...

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:52, CivX wrote:
I don't care if there are cheaters in PSO. They don't affect me in the slightest

haha.. you dont seem to think well do you. you posted that legit players should be killed so we stop talking about dupers.. same as cheaters.. so i think your contradicting yourself now. since if they didnt affect you the slightest.. why would you care to post about them?

CivX
Jul 10, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-07-10 16:53, Micah wrote:

On 2003-07-10 16:50, Nall wrote:

umm.. i wasnt saying that to you. and yes, dupers should be corrupted, why is that childish, its simply common legit sence.. maybe you dont understand...

Uh, no. That's not "sence" at all, that's being a complete moron.

LollipopLolita
Jul 10, 2003, 06:57 PM

civx you can stop the flaming now. you already flamed me, i don't need you flaming more people. you have one warning, i don't mind giving another.

and for the rest of you, i don't care for the incessant arguing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-10 16:58 ]</font>