PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is cheating?

Luna15
Jul 10, 2003, 12:19 PM
I have trained a mag so it would have high dex and gived it to a racaseal at level 1 and trained her, doy you think this is cheating?

Stalfos333
Jul 10, 2003, 12:23 PM
That is what is known as twinking. I don't consider it cheating, but I understand that twinkers online tend to hog exp and aggrivate people.

PoBoy
Jul 10, 2003, 12:24 PM
No i dont i do the same thing with a lvl one force of mine(now lvl 8 ) its only stratagy in my mind makes the beginning of the game go by faster i only do this offline

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PoBoy on 2003-07-10 10:25 ]</font>

kat
Jul 10, 2003, 04:07 PM
Not technically cheating, as you found/raised what you're giving to this new character. I do it myself now.

However, I don't make the mag level 200 and then take the character online and hog the exp by killing everything in the room before anyone else can hit it. Doing that is what makes people annoyed. So either give a higher mag, but not that high, or don't play in a group and kill everything with one hit, or play offline until you have some compararative stats

joncushing
Jul 10, 2003, 04:10 PM
Nah its not cheating! I do it aswell, didnt know this many other people did 2 lol! Its not cheating, anyway speeds up normal which is only fun first time round after that its kinda boring

xanoki
Jul 10, 2003, 04:14 PM
I will twink my RAcaseal till I get to V-Hard offline, then I will have good enough stats to use lesser eqquipment. At teh mo I have 4 god/arms, a 188 dex mag and all the yasminkov's. I kick, but only offline for now!

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 04:22 PM
On 2003-07-10 10:23, Stalfos333 wrote:
That is what is known as twinking.

That's exactly what it is. Though I've always wondered why they call it "twinking." Why that word. Anyways, it's not cheating in IMO. As Kat said, you did raise it, and put the work into it.

I admit to twinking, but not all the time. Well moreso now. I figured, since I've beaten the game so much and done so much on my own, I don't want to have to do it all over again the same way. I've accomplished enough with the game on DC, that I'd just being doing it over again on Xbox/GCN. I just want to get through the the areas I've done so many times faster. So, I give some of my lower level chars a good boost so they can get through the game faster, or at least get to where I want them to be faster (i.e. Ultimate, ep.2). I've never had so many low level chars on Ult all at once (low level meaning sub-lvl50. But with every accomplishment, comes struggle; the sooner I'm there, the sooner I get beat up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Also, I've earned the items, and raised the mags, and if you did the same, go ahead and twink if you like. I figure I have clean chars (ones that have done it untwinked), and I have unclean chars, so can you.

It is bad when you do hog exp, and items if ur a twinked char playing with untwinked/lower level chars. Actually, it's annoying period if people do that, twinked or not. I like to share the exp and items when I play online or multiplayer. It's karma.

Godfather
Jul 10, 2003, 04:31 PM
exactly man dont worry about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Luna15
Jul 10, 2003, 05:06 PM
Okey becouse i have a ushasu at level 147 with
DEF:18
POW:20
DEX:20
MIND:89

And i will only use it on offline in single player with my fonewearl at level 26 so she can use some high mst weapons

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 05:27 PM
Techs will be ur best friend at low levels. You just need weapons with an MST boost, or any weapon for that matter. Since, there aren't many MST boosting weapons for low levels.

I don't see why couldn't use it with you online. You just need to play with players with the same levels/skills/goals. Sometimes it doesn't even matter. If you're distinctly stronger than the rest of the group, then just tone down your involvement (i.e. less tech casting, more support). You can still get exp from casting j/z, and not touching one monster. Also, some people won't mind the major support. You just gotta play the way you like, but won't compensate for other's enjoyment (if you still want to play with the same people).