PDA

View Full Version : People who censor out their own words

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 12:46 PM
Seriously why do people do it. In my 7 years of being on the internet, I have seen few thing annoying than people who say sh!t, sh*t, or s***. If you are going to cuss just do it. Unless you are trying to get around word censors, (another rant in itself) then it is pointless.

Here's why:

When you decide to say "h*ll" instead of "hell", people aren't going to say," H asterisk and two L's what's that?" They are going recogonize the word and interpret it as hell. How is it any less offensive to censor a word than to just flat out type it? They are both going to be interpreted the same way.

I personally try to avoid cussing, but when I do I write the word out.

Vantamiath
Jul 10, 2003, 01:06 PM
You're f*cking right about this.

Seriously, though. I understand what you mean; going into lobbies and seeing some guy type "f*ck"-- like he's doing some kid a favor.

F*cking N*obs

neko-chan
Jul 10, 2003, 02:08 PM
*** *** * ****** ******** ************!

Gestiv
Jul 10, 2003, 02:38 PM
It's supposed to be like you aren't actually saying the word, just that you mean it. But I agree with you, usually I try to avoid cursing anywhere, but I usually write the word out whenevr I say it. People probably would stop doing this online if there weren't so many 10-13 year olds online, but that's another rant entirely.

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 03:42 PM
On 2003-07-10 12:38, Gestiv wrote:
It's supposed to be like you aren't actually saying the word, just that you mean it. But I agree with you, usually I try to avoid cursing anywhere, but I usually write the word out whenevr I say it. People probably would stop doing this online if there weren't so many 10-13 year olds online, but that's another rant entirely.

That was the other rant I was talking about. The obviously don't want us to cuss for a reason so why try to find a way to do it?

Dime
Jul 10, 2003, 05:46 PM
Fuck.

Mystil
Jul 10, 2003, 05:52 PM
^LOL!

On 2003-07-10 12:08, neko-chan wrote:
*** *** * ****** ******** ************!

Lmao.

Maybe people do it to show respect to others. By not typing the whole word out. That's what I do..

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 05:54 PM
fuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umbrella on 2003-07-10 15:55 ]</font>

Kupi
Jul 10, 2003, 07:08 PM
I think, Silhouette, that if you were trying to show some respect for others, you'd take the whole thing out. Like going @#$%, instead of h*ll. The first way gives the image and feeling of a curse word without it actually being there, whereas in the second example your mind extrapolates what it is, and it's just as offensive. That's the point of the rant. I think.

Ness
Jul 10, 2003, 07:19 PM
On 2003-07-10 17:08, Kupi wrote:
I think, Silhouette, that if you were trying to show some respect for others, you'd take the whole thing out. Like going @#$%, instead of h*ll. The first way gives the image and feeling of a curse word without it actually being there, whereas in the second example your mind extrapolates what it is, and it's just as offensive. That's the point of the rant. I think.

The point of my rant is that if you are going to cuss don't censor out your own words because it is no less offensive than typing the whole thing out.

Maybe people do it to show respect to others. By not typing the whole word out. That's what I do..

If you showed respect, you wouldn't use those words at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-07-10 17:20 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 08:49 PM
Stop hurting my virgin ears... err.. eyes... errr.....

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 10, 2003, 09:32 PM
On 2003-07-10 15:46, Dime wrote:
Fuck.

Nicely said...I have only one thing to say to that.

[Edit: Watch the content]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-07-11 01:45 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Jul 11, 2003, 03:45 PM
you know what I rally hate??? The whole WTF thing. That's pretty lame...you make someone mad on the internet and then they say WTF. insanity..

If someone mad me mad on the net, I'd just say shut your fat fucking mouth Cartman...then it'd be the end of it.

Nawms
Jul 11, 2003, 03:54 PM
WTF WTS???

Ness
Jul 13, 2003, 03:54 AM
Abbreviations are stupid too.

umbrella
Jul 13, 2003, 02:34 PM
Jeese WTF OMFG I'M ROFLMFAO ME JEET GODLY.

Guile
Jul 13, 2003, 11:05 PM
Yeah don't be a bitch and just say that shit. Yo.

Reenee
Jul 14, 2003, 01:29 AM
WHAT THE DILLY!?

Hey Ness, does the word "Jebus" get into here as well?

Caprice
Jul 14, 2003, 02:05 AM
The only thing that pisses me off more then sensored cuss words, is when people come in to the ranting section, and aren't ranting.

Fore exxampple:

Caprice>PSO EP looks stupid
Jared> No it doesn't, it looks really cool

I mean, I come to the ranting and raving section to have people agree with me somewhat, but not to argue the other way, fucking mother of a hell bound Jesus!

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 07:01 AM
Acutally, Jebus isn't that bothersome and it's not a swear word.

On 2003-07-14 00:05, Caprice wrote:
The only thing that pisses me off more then sensored cuss words, is when people come in to the ranting section, and aren't ranting.

Fore exxampple:

Caprice>PSO EP looks stupid
Jared> No it doesn't, it looks really cool

I mean, I come to the ranting and raving section to have people agree with me somewhat, but not to argue the other way, fucking mother of a hell bound Jesus!

People are are going to disagree wtih you no matter what section you are in. Infact the Rants section is about getting something off your chest and hearing the opinions of others.

Caprice
Jul 14, 2003, 02:57 PM
Is the person with homer simpson as the picture, locking forums? Because he came in and sensored his own words. And it pissed me off!(the sensoring and the locking)

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 03:01 PM
The person you are talking about is Saladwood and she is a girl. Also she is one of the mods here.