PDA

View Full Version : Section ID... Does it matter?

Soma
Jul 10, 2003, 03:21 PM
I recently made a new character on PSO for Gamecube. It was a HUcast I belive, the one in my avatar. I registered him with the name Soma, and I got the section ID: VIRIDIA. I soon learned VIRIDIA was the best or Rangers, and not Hunters... Will this have a dramatic affect on my game? Wil my character not reach his full potential as a Hunter because his Section ID is best for Rangers? Please tell me! Thanks!

Guntz348
Jul 10, 2003, 03:57 PM
Viridia gets good hunter rares. Just check the Item Finding and look what you get. Just see what's there that you want and plan out your rare hunts accordingly.

Soma
Jul 10, 2003, 04:01 PM
Alright. So you don't think its really worth it to make a new character, and name just because of my ID.

Soukosa
Jul 10, 2003, 04:48 PM
If you're going to be online alot, you section ID won't matter too much since you can get rares from other people. If you're going to be offline alot, it may be better to get a more HU friendly ID. I remade my first character alot when I first started to playing, so if you remake him, you're not alone.

kat
Jul 10, 2003, 04:54 PM
But if you have a hunter with a good ranger ID that you play as... then you can switch items between your characters as well. It's what I do. I can therefore make up for the fact that I have a pinkal ranger who _never_ finds rifles with my Yellowboze hunter or my Oran hunter... or use the stuff my brother's greenil gives me.

PS my pinkal ranger is now level 53. I'm not remaking her, despite the horrid section ID for her occupation, because she gets that support she needs from my other characters

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 04:59 PM
I follow the similar philosophy as Kat does. If you got the chars, ur chars can share (it's urs). If you don't have multiple chars, Kalonera says it well. It doesn't matter much online, offline it matters more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-10 15:00 ]</font>

Soma
Jul 10, 2003, 09:26 PM
I think I'll stick with a Viridia section ID. I like the fact I can keep my name, plus I have an "A" class Mag, and it seems to only be good for finding Spreaders, so I could still find alot of other rare swords. Plus my bro is a Skyly, so I can get all the weapons I need!

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2003, 12:24 AM
VIRIDIA finds some good Hunter things. Better than some of the 'Hunter' IDs, actually, like ORAN... Ian-Kun X'd still be running around with a Gladius and a Raygun, his Red Partisan which would be his only worthwhile rare, and maybe the 50% Hit Master's Gatling he found a while back, if I didn't have other characters. Maybe.
However, I -do- have other characters, which negates the grimness of ORAN. No good God/ units, good high-powered weapons hard or impossible to find... And I hate Swords, and that's the only other thing I find. Cross Scars and Dragon Slayers, and the former is piss for Ult and the latter is the ever-worthless sword. From my REDRIA FOmar came my Lavis Cannon, Demolition Comet and Red Handgun. From my PINKAL FOnewm, my Orotiagito. So, if you someday find yourself hating your section ID because you can't find good rares to save your life, make other characters, it'll help, -and- alleviate boredom. But you shouldn't want that much with VIRIDIA. If nothing else, you get easy God/Powers, which can negate the effects of bad weapons some. ^_-

AxemPunanny
Jul 11, 2003, 12:37 AM
On 2003-07-10 19:26, Soma wrote:
I think I'll stick with a Viridia section ID. I like the fact I can keep my name...

Sometimes the name matters alot for me. Sometimes, you don't want to be compensating a part of your identity, in this case, a part of your char's identity.

Fr3aK
Jul 11, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well now since u have a hunter and not a ranger...most of the stuff u find will be like guns or rifles, or other stuff u cant use. If your planning to make a new character always check the guides and use the Section ID Calc.

-Fr3aK-

Soma
Jul 11, 2003, 07:29 PM
Viridia seems to be finding, n the earlier sections of the game, more swords and blades than anything else. However, I did find a nifty Handgun +6 (remember this is an early game...). On another cool PSO site I saw this description of Viridia's findings.

1. (very frequent) Shot Weapons
2. (frequent)Partisans
3. (rare) Slicers

Looks like a 2/3 bases on Hunters. I think I'll stick to the name Soma, and a section ID of Viridia. The fact that my bro constantly plays, and is a Skyly, totally blurs the reason why I should restart.

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
What lvl are you? Would it hurt badly to restart?

Soma
Jul 11, 2003, 07:41 PM
I'm level 14 (goin' strong)... Heh. I don't see why I need to restart. Nobody is perfect, and I've accepted that/ Besides, my freind is a Purplenum Hunter, qich really isn't good at all for Hunters, but he's got the second best weapon in the game.

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah I guess but you're only 14...
Redria is always good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soma
Jul 11, 2003, 07:47 PM
I woulda acually prefered Skyly or Oran.

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 07:49 PM
yeah, but.. yeah.. RESTART HiM http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
you might have regrets later when you're higher..

Stalfos333
Jul 11, 2003, 09:23 PM
Oran is really not a good ID. You can find Syncestas and Star Amplifiers, but the dagger drops are just annoying, and not at all useful!

Octavian
Jul 11, 2003, 10:00 PM
purplenum in all honesty is not a bad hunter id, i found lavis cannon, red handgun, spirit garment, and some 45 hit combats all before level 110. i think you'll like having the id later on when you realise how cool a weapon flame/burning visit is, it'll make you want to start a ranger, which is where the sharing weapons comes in.

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 10:06 PM
Hey Octavion, I need your spirit garment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2003, 10:11 PM
On 2003-07-11 19:23, Stalfos333 wrote:
Oran is really not a good ID. You can find Syncestas and Star Amplifiers, but the dagger drops are just annoying, and not at all useful!

Amen. And if the item findings are right, you can use a Star Amp on an armor ORAN -can't- find, to make one it -can-. WTF? And if you're a Hunter, a Twinkle Star or whatever it is isn't going to do you much good. Syncesta is useful, but a bitch to find, and you're not that likely to get a Lavis Cannon off those Sinow Reds. X_X Or an Agito off of Nano Dragons... Oran has good finds, but they're few and far between, and most are worthless for Hunters. If you want Cross Scars, other section IDs get them as well, it's not as if you can't get the same worthless Cross Scar along with a bunch of -other- stuff, some of it useful, with another ID. X_X

Soma
Jul 11, 2003, 10:24 PM
OK OK! I retarted my guy. He's now a Redria! But damn, his proportions seem wierd... -_-...

NeiLast
Jul 11, 2003, 10:43 PM
Viridia is a good overall ID. THere really is no reason to restart if, as you say, your brother has Skyly. If anything, just start a second character (of another class) that is another ID like redria. Eventually you will want to play some with the other character to mix it up.

Everyone that has multiple characters should have a redria. They consistently find great armor and units to give to everyone else.

LJ
Jul 11, 2003, 10:50 PM
I have a Viridia Humar. It's not a bad section id. You can get all the Katanas which arew good weapons{all agito models, Sange, yasha,(in the same level for sange and yasha) kamui} I'm not disappointed cuz i have a ramarl that has an oran id a Fomar w/ skyly, a HUnewearl with Purplenum, and a Hucaseal with Bluefull. I can get whatever i need for any class.

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 01:19 AM
my friend has a purple hucaseal.. it's quite nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soma
Jul 12, 2003, 06:06 PM
I finally restarted my guy (I don't think anyone read my above post...). He's a Redria this time. I've already tarted to notice differences. Thanks for your opinions and help guys!

RangerFenix
Jul 12, 2003, 11:03 PM
Yeah, before i got hooked on PSOWorld, i created my RaMar w/ the name Fenix... Which i use on about every game. I was happy, until i found thisd site and found out (i really like mechguns) I won't be getting the good ones. That sucked. But i was in too deep (like level 45ish/VHard) so no restarting for me. But i play offline and with my girlfriend (Bluefull). If we make secondary characters, definitely picking Purplenum...

TheDing
Jul 13, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-07-11 17:41, Soma wrote:
I'm level 14 (goin' strong)... Heh. I don't see why I need to restart. Nobody is perfect, and I've accepted that/ Besides, my freind is a Purplenum Hunter, qich really isn't good at all for Hunters, but he's got the second best weapon in the game.

What weapon is this?

umbrella
Jul 13, 2003, 11:23 PM
saber + 2?

LiVe4gCn
Jul 13, 2003, 11:31 PM
Geez enough Oran bashing going on to make my head spin like you said if your stuck with the god awful Oran ID just build some other characters w/ Section ID's that get the rares you want.

Stormblaze
Jul 14, 2003, 07:24 PM
Oran gives you some exclusive weapons, for a Ranger at least.

Dillon
Jul 14, 2003, 07:38 PM
Being on a Viridian ID for over 200 hours, I'll give you my personal opinion.

The Viridian ID sucks, personally. I've got few rares worth boasting about, and as for Ranger weapons, the only thing I've found worth using are:

Meteor Smash, quite common.
Final Impact, even more so.
Guilty Light, fairly rare.

As for hunter weapons..

Supressed Gun, from the SoAB quest. Good handgun, I believe the best a Viridian can get offline.

Gae Bolg, a decent partisan type..although you can later get a Soul Banish in the Central Control area.

..that's really all I've found..enemy drops are..ok, just depends on how much you fight that enemy.

Photon drops are very frequent on the hard+ difficulties, and that's about it.

All in all, viridia is an ok ID to go with, but far from the best for any class.

This is my opinion.

/Dillon

Soma
Jul 14, 2003, 09:33 PM
Oh, well I'm glad I changed! My dude is at level 17 now; my weapons are "Gigush +3" and a "Partisan +4." So far, I've noticed that Redria does find some good stuff for its level. However, I can't be sure until I get far enough to get rare weapons.