PDA

View Full Version : on the issue of mag shape locking

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 17, 2001, 04:08 PM
ok, i have a slightly different problem here, i dont even want to hand mags to other classes to keep a specific shape, i just want to retain a shape within my own section id and class. the problem is that that shape, nandin, has the evolution pattern dex, mind, pow. as a hucast however i want lots of pow an little mind. i was wondering if there is any way to raise it to lv 50 following that evolution path and then raise power afterwards without changing the shape.
help on this would be much appreciated.

Lenneth
Mar 18, 2001, 06:14 AM
...not really. =( Supposedly, mags won't change their shape when the defense is over 45, but I'm still testing this. Under this theory, you should be able to raise the defense to 46, while keeping dex>mind>pow at something like 2>1>0; then from there you could increase the power at your whim.

This is much easier said then done. Good luck. =)

Pax, Lenneth

Magius_00
Mar 19, 2001, 07:50 PM
I wanted to do the same with my Garuda (DEX>POW>MIND), but investing so much effort in DEX when it only gives you 1/2 back... I have accepted my new Apsaras since then (POW/MIND/DEX)...

BTW, raising defense over 45 is one hard thing to do if you don't plan it from the start!

Fargo
Mar 20, 2001, 12:24 AM
I have run into this problem this week. I have a level 177 Bana, and a few levels ago, when I was charging it's power up some, it turned to Apsaras. Now, I like Apsaras, I already owned one, they're pretty good mags. But they ain't Bana. So I was pretty distraught, but thankfully, after I'd fed it a shed load of Mind material, it turned (again!!) into Bana. I have no desire whatsoever to see it change again. This is one mag I won't be using a cell on - it's awesome. But now I've got 23 levels of uncertainty to go through!!!

But at least I know now that a mags' fifth evolution can be reversed. *Phew!*