PDA

View Full Version : Funny reason people get pissy

Rated_Lexxx
Jul 10, 2003, 07:33 PM
I think its funny wehn people get mad cause I take stuff on the ground. Like materials and rares. Like they owned them. I know they would do the same if I didnt grab them. And for me asking for them nicely I would split the swag evenly. Its even funnier that these people have duped items and there still complaining

Rated_Lexxx
Jul 10, 2003, 07:38 PM
Hey its a commint on pso works.

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 08:01 PM
lol I know exactly what you mean.. I grab items when I'm playing 2 player offline and my friend always gets pissy.. lol

ABDUR101
Jul 10, 2003, 08:04 PM
Atleast in Off-line split screen you can bludgeon your item-snatching buddy?

hucasts_rock
Jul 10, 2003, 08:04 PM
if 2 or more people want the same item that was found, why not play janken for them? it works well with my friends and myself...

Bit
Jul 10, 2003, 08:06 PM
There is something in life called 'Courtesy'.

It's a good trait.

Rated_Lexxx
Jul 10, 2003, 08:07 PM
true and that is why I said ASK NICELY I would share in the sawg

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 08:08 PM
..for the weak.

ShyftedOne
Jul 10, 2003, 08:10 PM
I've only really played with one person online lately and he still doesn't consider himself ready to take on anything past VH Forest although he's a RAcast around level 60 something... so we mostly play EP 2 Tower quests on hard so if anything drops I'll usually let him get it since I doubt it would be anything I need. It'll probably be like that when he starts playing the rest of VH too, but on Ultimate I don't think I'll resist too much when going for a rare unless I created the game and I know what rare it is that dropped.

Not to sure about what easily pisses people off, but I'm sure there are a lot of things such as trading with some impatient person who doesn't realize you don't have a keyboard and must slowly input sentences http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I think it'd be fun to just tell someone "hold on, brb" and then just leave your character standing there while you go and do something else for about 30 min or longer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 08:20 PM
I hate it without a keyboard.. On DC I could never talk to ANYBODY because I was the only one with one.

ON THE WHOLE INTERNET lol,..

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 10, 2003, 09:48 PM
I love assholes. If someone was giving a rare to you then thay would have said your name. correct me if im wrong, but if someone was trying to give you somting and another person came up and took it, you would be super pissed off. So dont say to me that because there is a red box on the ground, it automaticaly balongs to who every gets it first.

OniTatsujin
Jul 10, 2003, 10:15 PM
so u love assholes? eewww.....so ur going to become a proctologist when u grow up? EEEWWWWW!!!!

Well any way, i do that all the time, i always end up getting the rare, because im a HUmar. But im nice and give em it if i dont like it.

umbrella
Jul 10, 2003, 10:30 PM
I think he's already grown up O.0

Monomate
Jul 10, 2003, 10:48 PM
i dont get it...

when i play its always whoever killed the monster that dropped it is the one that gets the rare. anyone else takes it we immediately turn on them like rabid monkeys on crack (i play offline...).

btw...what's the deal with the penguin...?

(sorry ive been wondrin bout that penguin all day...)

ABDUR101
Jul 10, 2003, 11:03 PM
When I played, it was a mix depending on who you played with.

If I found a rare and did'nt need/want it, I'd give it to someone who actually did.

The first time I fought Gal Gryphon online, all of the team mates died, and he dropped one of those card weapons(I'll be darned if I forgot it), I had an HUcast, so I went back to Pioneer 2 and gave it to someone who had a force character without thinking twice.

Why? Even though I had a FOmar who could have used it, it was just better to give it to someone in that game who could use it.

I've played with people since way back in Vers 1 on the DC, and it was almost always a mad scramble to atleast get the rare and see what it was, but even then it was usually handed out to those who could make more use of it.

*shrug*
When you spend so many hours trying to find a rare, only to have someone nab it who can't even use it anyway, that'd piss you off. o_O

LifeOnTheEdge
Jul 10, 2003, 11:04 PM
Lol, my friend screams at me if I accidentally pick up a monomate. He's a level 60 HUcast....as if he needs it. Yea sure their useful, but his Mag's defense is only 12 while his power is 106! As if all that power is even useful since his dexterity is only 6. Pitiful....

AxemPunanny
Jul 10, 2003, 11:59 PM
I agree items on the ground are up for grabs, BUT when you actually get the kill, others should have the courtesy to at least let the killy take a look at it. If he/she doesn't pick it up then it's up for grabs. I never really had a problem online when I played on DC with looters and such. Since I got back on XB/GCN, I've been playing multi from time to time and i hate it when someone picks up something after my kill. If I don't pick it up, it can be yours. I usually let someone know it's theirs, even if I found it. It's common courtesy. You want to be greedy, play by yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

cutestduochan
Jul 11, 2003, 12:22 AM
On 2003-07-10 20:48, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:

the penguin belongs to me...Umbrella gave it to me and he just doesn't want to be on my sig. He says he should be in the message on ALL of my posts. But he really likes Umbrella so he'll sit in Umbrella's sig. Silly lil penguin.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif <----Waddles

FinalHell
Jul 11, 2003, 12:54 AM
LoL today i was playing with my HUcaseal in room that was only VH we go into the mines and i see a rare and i pick it up. this ass hole guy whos like 9 or 10 levels ahead of me says "give it back" and i go "why" and he goes "because i killed the monster" and i go "so" then he goes "so, im the strongest in this room". That was my boiling point there. I go back to my bank and i pull out my double cannon. i was doing over 1000 damage. i was pretty suprised my self because i never used that weapon before (just got it like the day before) The guy shuts up now and i droped the rare (it was a battle verge). as soon as the guy picked up the rare he left. I never met an ass hole that thought a battle verge was so important to him. HaHa thats the high light of my day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 01:59 AM
On 2003-07-10 22:22, cutestduochan wrote:

the penguin belongs to me...Umbrella gave it to me and he just doesn't want to be on my sig. He says he should be in the message on ALL of my posts. But he really likes Umbrella so he'll sit in Umbrella's sig. Silly lil penguin.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif <----Waddles

what? he can be in your sig! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zuna
Jul 11, 2003, 05:51 AM
there are different situations:

1. if they all help to kill that monster, usually the hunters will get the item first ,as they are always the nearest to the monsters

2. this is what make me mad: i am a force, we were are ult forest, there was a hidleblue, that hunter was killing other stuffs (wolves) while i was focusing on this H.blue guess what, the hunter just arrived at the moment i killed that monster, and so lucky that it dropped H.blue head..

well he didnt even hit that stuff and he just got his prize..

the worst thing is, i said i would need that head, and he said he would trade to me (dam) of coz i dont want to, (basically it should be mine, well but i dont mind anymore, i was so happy to refuse his trade)

picking up stuffs is the human instinct.. especially when yo usee a red box..even you have everything in the game, you will still run to a red box and want to know whats it..

Zuna
Jul 11, 2003, 05:53 AM
On 2003-07-10 22:54, FinalHell wrote:
he goes "because i killed the monster" and i go "so" then he goes "so, im the strongest in this room".

OHH MY GOD.. *Rolling on the floor laughing*

FinalHell
Jul 11, 2003, 06:17 AM
On 2003-07-11 03:51, Zuna wrote:
there are different situations:

1. if they all help to kill that monster, usually the hunters will get the item first ,as they are always the nearest to the monsters

2. this is what make me mad: i am a force, we were are ult forest, there was a hidleblue, that hunter was killing other stuffs (wolves) while i was focusing on this H.blue guess what, the hunter just arrived at the moment i killed that monster, and so lucky that it dropped H.blue head..

well he didnt even hit that stuff and he just got his prize..

the worst thing is, i said i would need that head, and he said he would trade to me (dam) of coz i dont want to, (basically it should be mine, well but i dont mind anymore, i was so happy to refuse his trade)

picking up stuffs is the human instinct.. especially when yo usee a red box..even you have everything in the game, you will still run to a red box and want to know whats it..

Yes, yes i have the same problem with my FOmar.This happens to me all the time in the Mines. I cast Gizonde like crazy on every friggin flying tin can in the room and the damn hunter picks up a rare. The hunter said it was a cane and he couldnt equip it and i ask if i can see wat it is and ill give it baq to u. The cheap bastard goes "wat do u got for it". I wanted to challenge the bastard for saying those 6 words but the *** didnt show up... Thats life

[edit]Please cease with the derogatory slurs or you will get another warning.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-07-11 09:27 ]</font>

Monomate
Jul 11, 2003, 07:00 PM
whoever strikes the killing blow gets the rare! except for the ninja assassin who secretly grabs it before anyone knows he is there. If that happens, we can always settle it in battle mode (hehehe...too bad that's never happened yet...so far we just settle everything by throwing poo like rabid monkeys...)

Monomate
Jul 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-07-10 22:22, cutestduochan wrote:

can i have something umbrella?

*whack! 'stop imposing you ungrateful wretch!' whack!*

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
Here you go,
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

monkeyfist
Jul 11, 2003, 08:01 PM
i just yoink the rare and drop it if i don't want it/have it/can't equip it. except in 2P offline where i hoarde everything

NeiLast
Jul 11, 2003, 09:22 PM
he goes "because i killed the monster" and i go "so" then he goes "so, im the strongest in this room".

LOL, that's when you are supposed to reply:

"Yeah, the strongest SMELLING"

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 11, 2003, 10:27 PM
Hey Umbrella got any monkey sigs like that penguin?

ANywasy back on topic, umm My mom gets pissed when me and my friends pik up all the items and if I pick up a Grinder of any type or photon drop or add slot she goes I hate u, U dont know how to play as a team, U dont share items, So yay IT gets annoying!

Suppa_Buddha
Jul 11, 2003, 10:58 PM
that happened to me today...
ok this racast drops a Surpressed Gun in C1. he says, "IF ANYONE WANTS THIS GUN YOU CAN HAVE IT"(caps... no keyboard) so then i just took it. then there was this fomar that had a DB saber. then i guess he meant to give it to the fomar. and then they both started to bitch at me and went on and said how greedy i was. i warped back to P2 and sold it and dropped the money(10 meseta) so then the racast said, "WHATEVER I HAVE LIKE 5 OF THEM DUPED ANYWAYS" at that moment i saw the fomar grab the meseta. next thing he said was, "ILL GIVE YOU A HOLY RAY ITS MUCH BETTER" so then i just left got tiered of being bitched at. then, id say a good 30 minutes he came into a game i was in and said, "ZERAS GREEDY DONT DROP YOU WEAPONS" and then all my friends were laughing at me. i left real quick just to tell him to get a KB ok in quotes "THE SOFTWARE KEYBOARD IS FASTER TO TYPE WITH!" ok this was in the lobby. i put lol, and a few ppl in the lobby put that too. they called him a noob. he left and end of story...

Caprice
Jul 12, 2003, 04:11 AM
I just play offline with my friends, but they get all pissed off when i kill something and take the rare item, or find a whole bunch of boxes... Those lazy bums need to get the items them selfs!

Creasian
Jul 12, 2003, 04:34 AM
Need before greed.

Acually back in dc version 1 days, we had a good 4 of us who played online alot. It got to the point that no one would grab the rares. Seriously, we all were like "naw you take it.. " and sometimes we kill red box drop we keep running thinking someone else grab it.. we beat the boss.. go up to p2.. and ask what the rare was.

Everyone be like... silent.. thinking someone else would say what it was. Then confusion set in and finally we all started to laugh. That was a kickass team.. we all so centered on having fun and keeping together we forgot about rares.

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 05:14 AM
On 2003-07-12 02:34, Creasian wrote:
Need before greed.

fuck that.

Creasian
Jul 12, 2003, 05:50 AM
On 2003-07-12 03:14, umbrella wrote:

On 2003-07-12 02:34, Creasian wrote:
Need before greed.

**** that.

Thats your opinion and thats cool with me. Yet i would have to ask the question that isnt playing with teammates about having fun and working together? I mean you can do solo missions and find all the rares you wish, i let that aspect go when i play in groups. Personally i wouldnt care if a yasha, flow dna, or a sealed j sword dropped. I play with others, and if i play with them alot, wouldnt giving them a weapon i couldnt use, but make them stronger, acually benefit me in the end? I think so.

In the end, hey its all good, "need before greed" got me alot of good teammates in version 1, i am sure it will do the same in gamecube ^_^.

Micah
Jul 12, 2003, 03:52 PM
i dont have online, but i always say give to those in need. if your a hunter, and you find canes or rifles, why not just give them to the force or ranger on your team. you never know, thier section i.d. might find a sword they cant use and give it you. personaly i have too many rares, flowens swords, db sabers, last survivors, dragon slayers.. id be giving them away if i had online. that and secret gear.. thats all i can find with my redria.

FinalHell
Jul 12, 2003, 11:10 PM
If some1 is acting like an asshole, do u give him/her crap that could benefit the team even though he/she is a jerk? Or do u tell him/her to screw off and find another room to bother???

Creasian
Jul 13, 2003, 12:21 AM
The question above is somethingto think about but..

Wouldnt you by the time you started to maybe find rares.. imean you could on the first enemy but usually its deeper in, know hes a jerkand ask him to leave by then? Also if hes a jerk hes gonna try and grab all the rares anyhow. I admit the need before greed can give you some headache, but once you getsome fellow players who really think like yourself, you wont really need alot of open games. but thensomeone who is very nice and does theneed before greed, might come into a room and see you grabbing all the rares and you yourself are the Jerk to them. so by taking the easier road... you might lose out on a good teammate for the future.

Shimarisu
Jul 14, 2003, 04:04 PM
I hate this about being a FOrce too (I'm sure RAs get same treatment). If you kill something from a distance the HU (attacking from close range) always gets it. Perhaps in my next game where a cruddy duper joins I'll toss untekked varistas, laconium rods and ice canes all over the playfield, let em max out their inventory with the luvverly red boxes, then nick the dropped ones for myself. Then again my FOmar is MIND/POW, so if there are people carrying uber dupes (people with uber dupes ALWAYS steal red boxes, like they fecking well need them) I always act like a HU. Then they tell me I suck. Then I lose it. Spend a lot of games yelling at people for much this reason.

- Shimarisu

Caprice
Jul 19, 2003, 07:36 PM
I just let my friends take the rares now... I wait untill they go home, so I can play one player for a few hours, to get te rares i missed out on.

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 07:53 PM
wow...this thread is BACK!!!

bordering
Jul 19, 2003, 09:55 PM
christ, people are animals.

well, i -usually- play in games with only people i know, so i suppose us all knowing that no one is gonna be a grabby jerk helps... but i almost never pick up rares that drop. when playing with my freinds, we HELP each other search for weapons. there's about 15 or so people in my usual circle (no, we're not a clan) that all act the same way.

if it's a rare that 3 people don't need and one does, then it's supre easy, the one that needs it gets it.

if there's a contest, we go into, "no YOU take it mode" until we determine who should get it based on a number of factors such as who got the last rare, who wanted/needs the current item more, etc.

we do the same thing for mats. ever since i corrupted my freinds have practically been force feeding me mats, hehe. makes me feel like a right glutton. since i'm starting to get back on my feet, i have been twisting their arms into taking at least some of the ones we find. i don't want my pretty little FOmarl to end up like that cow Cicil in "The Lost Bride". "please take me on a walk through the caves! i got fat from eating too many mats!"

also, if none of these informal methods work, we would resort to the jp rock/scissors/paper method of rare sharing where 1>2>3>1. ppl who want the rare lay down meseta until someone wins it according to those rules. that hasn't happened yet to me amoung freinds.

when i used to play a lot on jp (i don't anymore, i corrupted over there), i would drop ALL rare items, mats, techs, stuffs that could be useful on P2. one time, i lost a lavis cannon to 1>2>3>1 over there. i loved playing on jp, i only ever ran into a couple of greedy jerks over there ever. sigh...

in open us games, i try to not grab rares as much. i will, however, if i see that one person is using duped weps and another isnt. i will take the rare and usually give it to the legit. also, there are rare occurences where i run into non-grabby jerks. the other day i was playing in a random game and a magic rock moola dropped. seeing that the other people could have grabbed it and didnt, i didn't either. we later decided that the player that was newest to the game should keep it.

eh... sigh... why do people have to be so base? it sucks.

Maki_Nomiya
Jul 20, 2003, 12:09 PM
I hate when ppl who used dupe items and suposed have everything in game, just try to get all red boxes. Worse

Im a FO, is fun on EP2, 'cause i can kill, but on ep 1 usually everyone runs to red, if is a cane they should not get it. fun, ppl just want everything.

also fun when u find a wep, and anyother get it for.. trade !!!, or "I will make a char" for that wep!

Good play with my friends, is great when we play and we see a red box on middle, and while figth is still there and when end we come close to see what is it, and see who needs it

Kometsky
Jul 20, 2003, 04:06 PM
When in game its clear quite fast what kind of players Ur with.
Start with giving them the benefit of the doubt but after a few minutes observation if they's the greedy kind go greedy urself.
Deceiving those naggers is also nice just have a few untekked 0% weps (stuff U tested untekked and know at first glance what it is [Redria diska of Braveman] for instance) in inventory and grab red boxes if someone nags that its their kill and they want the rare just drop the lowly 0% untekked rare U had with U (hoping that they don't read these pages on what weps drop in what ID-games/areas)

deathdragon2006
Jul 20, 2003, 06:40 PM
thats all happened to me i play online with psox and well there was this guy who just so happened to run by and pick up the item when i just killed the monster i gave him my evil mean look on the game!
then i killed a monster at the next level and i picked it up and he said he saw it first. . . and i was like well to bad i got to it first plus you got the last rare then he bitched me out for like a few moments then he left. . . the rest of the people though when he left all started cracking up!

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 20, 2003, 08:51 PM
On 2003-07-10 18:04, hucasts_rock wrote:
if 2 or more people want the same item that was found, why not play janken for them? it works well with my friends and myself...

*sly voice* You read that Tips and Tricks article dincha? Heeheehee, I love figuring people out...

s.TiNgEr
Jul 21, 2003, 11:10 AM
On 2003-07-10 18:06, Bit wrote:
There is something in life called 'Courtesy'.

It's a good trait.

I have no courtesy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif