PDA

View Full Version : banned from pso?

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 08:47 PM
i had just gotten online one day and was at the ship select screen and the information link was under ship select, so i went into it. i remember reading something about how if you do that max attack 2 thing and you have duped, hacked, or any illegal items while playing it, you can and probably will be kicked off PSO and your hunters licsens will be terminated. if this is true, how can anybody from Sega or ST tell if you have duped items. i know you can tell if something is hacked, like a mag with impossible stats or a weapon with impossible percenatges.

Bit
Jul 10, 2003, 08:57 PM
With the new Quest out, it's not techinically Impossible to get high percents on your weapons .. just takes insane amounts of time, and many, many photon drops.

Nall
Jul 10, 2003, 09:13 PM
i know about the new quests. east and west tower. but im sure some hackers somewhere can figure out a way to get something like 300% against all attributes and quite possibly 300% hit. i just need to know if there is any possibility they can tell if things are dupes or not.

Shadow82
Jul 10, 2003, 09:20 PM
Well if it had 300% ud know its a hack.Dupes are items u see alot of.

Micah
Jul 10, 2003, 11:22 PM
ive been banned alot

Ether
Jul 10, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-07-10 21:22, Micah wrote:
ive been banned alot

The system works

Micah
Jul 11, 2003, 03:17 PM
banned from mostly tfc servers though

ShadowJedi
Jul 11, 2003, 03:33 PM
If the game uses hexadecimals (which it should), then the maximum % a weapon could have through hacking should be 255.
But maximum is 100.

polishedweasel
Jul 11, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-07-11 13:17, Micah wrote:

You do realize that getting banned from a server in Halflife is nothing compared to gettting banned from a SEGA server. And why do you still play TFC anyway??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ginko990
Jul 11, 2003, 05:50 PM
Only good halflife mod is CS.

CivX
Jul 11, 2003, 06:00 PM
On 2003-07-11 15:50, ginko990 wrote:
Only good halflife mod is CS.

And by good you mean terribly coded, right?

Suhleap
Jul 11, 2003, 07:03 PM
"Only good halflife mod is CS"

Wow...thats just. Wow. Have you PLAYED any other mods? Or once CS got mega-popular did you hop on the proverbial bandwagon? Theres TONS of good mods out there. Half-Life has one of the biggest mod communities...I don't see how you can play off so many peoples hard work.

And I see nothing wrong with still playing TFC. I play old games I liked all the time. I just went through Sam and Max and Day of the Tentacle again, and often reinstall quake 2 and Quake 1 when i'm in the mood.

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 11, 2003, 08:13 PM
i think the only way they can find out if its a duped or hacked item is if you have that pink lvl 200 mind sato or something else that i dnt know about.

FinalHell
Jul 11, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-07-11 18:13, TheMuffinMan2200 wrote:
i think the only way they can find out if its a duped or hacked item is if you have that pink lvl 200 mind sato or something else that i dnt know about.

EH!?!? wat chu talk'in bout Muffin!?! The quest that gives percentages... I dont think its out on the PSOX. Its out on the GC but it takes a hella long time to get an item to 100%. ITs Like raising your own mag to lvl 200.

NeiLast
Jul 11, 2003, 09:11 PM
If the game uses hexadecimals (which it should), then the maximum % a weapon could have through hacking should be 255.
But maximum is 100.

Uh, well since there are negative percents possible that can't be true.

Plus, you're assuming a single byte stores each percent individually. It could easily compress the data such that a single byte stores two percents (from -25% to 100%).
Then again, since the percents are only multiples of 5, you only need to store from 0 to 20 to get 0 to 100% or 21 values. Assuming that you can go to negative 50, that's 31 values, or just under 5 bits of information.

Do this for a max of 3 areas with percents in them, and you have 15 bits. Then you need to encode what percents (what 3 of 5, and what order) are used, which can be packed into 9 bits but concieveably as small as 6 (60 combinations of first, second, and third area with a percent fits in 6 bits, 6 bits is 64 values).

So All weapon percent info can probably fit in 24 bits easy. If they pack the data like this then a hacker can only work within those bounds. For instance, a hacked item may not be possible that has 4 percent areas, or one with more than 100% or less than whatever the max negative % is. There might also be code in PSO that just caps out of range values, so even if the item was hacked for 200% it would only display and work like it was 100%.

Hackers can't just "do anything". They have to work from within the design of the game for the most part.

PapaSmurf
Jul 11, 2003, 09:12 PM
I have an item to show that your on the actual sega team http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Micah
Jul 11, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-07-11 13:48, polishedweasel wrote:

On 2003-07-11 13:17, Micah wrote:

You do realize that getting banned from a server in Halflife is nothing compared to gettting banned from a SEGA server. And why do you still play TFC anyway??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

well of course its nothing, theres like 300 some servers out there. the funny part about it is even though i was banned, my score of 3000 - 146 will still be on there when anyone types in /top15, and it will still have my name at the top. the only person closest to me was a guy named maj0r, whos an admin there, but hes still 1500 kills behind me. he banned me because he didnt like the idea that he was an admin and was getting beaten. even though he used admin ablilites to cheat.. talk about a lame ass baby. oh well. i still play tfc because sometimes i just feel like caping someones flag, or watching the gibs fly when i emp someone near a ammo bag, or building a sg were no one does now adays and watching poor scouts become food for it. haha. so yeah. rpging gets old if thats all you do all the time. i also play fast paced fps like CS and TFC. CS is kinda lame though since theres a lack of balance. and i even play strategy games like empire earth, AOE II, and even homeworld. and of course sega probably isnt like HL, which i can just change my CD key and my WON id and bam, im a whole new person to that server. but then again, i 'used' to run a TFC ntf server of my own back in the day. i was an admin myself. got boring though. most my time i spend at large open servers like "2FORT ONLY!". but those lack admins and anyone can cheat or exploit.. which makes it dull sometimes when an idiot HW blocks the respawn door. oh well.. seriously.. i have a pic you guys need to see. but i dunno how to get it on here... so yeah.. still new to things on this site like posting pics..

Felix
Jul 12, 2003, 12:29 AM
Some hacker gave me disk 4 on GC pso its the sonic theme, and i went to deposit it in my bank, then when i tried to take it out it said line was disconnected. When I tried to get back online it said i have been suspended for 25 hours =/

Micah
Jul 12, 2003, 01:37 AM
thats what people deserve for cheating, even if you arent the one that hacked. your still cheating by using hacked items.

MightyBoot
Jul 12, 2003, 03:20 AM
Yeah, the game just loses all its challenge once you get that fourth music disk.

polishedweasel
Jul 12, 2003, 04:00 AM
On 2003-07-12 01:20, MightyBoot wrote:
Yeah, the game just loses all its challenge once you get that fourth music disk.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly...

IceBlink
Jul 12, 2003, 07:34 AM
People, please stay on topic. o_o If you must talk about other games and stuff, the offtopic forum is there!

Nall
Jul 12, 2003, 09:11 PM
to NeiLast:...i have no clue wtf you just said, but it sounded smart. if you could just simplify that into a single verse of a children's song, that would ve greeeeaaaat.

and what is the disk volume 4? how do you get it?

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 09:59 PM
On 2003-07-11 19:00, FinalHell wrote:

On 2003-07-11 18:13, TheMuffinMan2200 wrote:

EH!?!? wat chu talk'in bout Muffin!?! The quest that gives percentages... I dont think its out on the PSOX. Its out on the GC but it takes a hella long time to get an item to 100%. ITs Like raising your own mag to lvl 200.

I was talking about identifying duped or hacked items like the pink 200 mind sato thats floating around gc.

Soukosa
Jul 13, 2003, 11:59 PM
On 2003-07-11 19:11, NeiLast wrote:

But maximum is 100.

Uh, well since there are negative percents possible that can't be true.

Plus, you're assuming a single byte stores each percent individually. It could easily compress the data such that a single byte stores two percents (from -25% to 100%).
Then again, since the percents are only multiples of 5, you only need to store from 0 to 20 to get 0 to 100% or 21 values. Assuming that you can go to negative 50, that's 31 values, or just under 5 bits of information.

Do this for a max of 3 areas with percents in them, and you have 15 bits. Then you need to encode what percents (what 3 of 5, and what order) are used, which can be packed into 9 bits but concieveably as small as 6 (60 combinations of first, second, and third area with a percent fits in 6 bits, 6 bits is 64 values).

So All weapon percent info can probably fit in 24 bits easy. If they pack the data like this then a hacker can only work within those bounds. For instance, a hacked item may not be possible that has 4 percent areas, or one with more than 100% or less than whatever the max negative % is. There might also be code in PSO that just caps out of range values, so even if the item was hacked for 200% it would only display and work like it was 100%.

Hackers can't just "do anything". They have to work from within the design of the game for the most part.

Since the game supports negative percents, it has to be a signed number. Since it only uses an 8 bit integer for each percent, the range would be from -128 to 127. It is also setup so there can only be percents in 3 areas (thus the limit on a maximum of 300% for all of them). And on an interesting bit, if ST didn't change things with S-Rank data, you can't have percents on them, since the data for the name is stored where the percents would go.