PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz a Waste of Time?

Chaz
Mar 17, 2001, 04:31 PM
This really got me aggravated...

Look at this...

EXP FOR DRAGON (VHARD) - 4100
EXP FOR DARK F. (VHARD) - 7100 (I think)

TIME IT TAKES FOR DRAGON (VHARD) - >1 min.
TIME IT TAKES FOR DARK F. (VHARD) - <15 min.

You can have about 20 times the amount of exp you get from playing DF if you just kept playing the forest...see anything wrong with this picture?

jett862
Mar 17, 2001, 04:44 PM
yes

Rei
Mar 17, 2001, 04:52 PM
Let's make the total.
For example:
Ruin has 3 levels: Each level allows 7000exp.
then 7000 x 3 =21000exp
DH from v-hard= 7100 exp.
so 21000 + 7100= 281000exp total from Ruin.

Forest has lower exp enemies, and it has 2 levels. Each level allows you to gain 1500exp.
1500 x 2 =3000exp
Dragon from v-hard= 4100 exp
so 3000 + 4100=7100exp.

Then you spend 90 minutes in ruin to get 281000 exp; however you spend 30 minutes in forest to get 7100 exp.

Now, your do the math.......

Chaz
Mar 17, 2001, 04:55 PM
I've gotten 4000 exp from Forest 1 before Rei.

AND, you added a 0 to to the overall # on Ruins exp.

So basically, you get almost the same exp in the same amount of time on each.

Rei
Mar 17, 2001, 05:08 PM
Ohh, my bad.....hehe my maths sucks.....
Not to mention that Ruin has better items, you'll get lots of db saber and varista......

DaHumAn
Mar 17, 2001, 05:42 PM
yeah forest has decent xp for the time but if u want xp/loot/money/rares at the sametime ruin is about 10000x better =) lets see now maybe ull tell me u have everything in the game right? =) so u dont need ruins right? =)
am i right? =)

Danger_Girl
Mar 17, 2001, 05:57 PM
we were having this conversation yesterday. The trouble is Dark Nutz is a bit undervalued. Forget the argument that the ruins are a waste of time, because they arn't. Its where to get the loot and great experiance. I wont go as far as say he's a waste of time, because killing him is kinda fun....er, that is if his grants don't one hit ya. But he's not as rewarding as I would expect him to be. I guess he's just a creep, even after deathhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

Fargo
Mar 17, 2001, 06:25 PM
Gah, who said you HAD to defeat Dark Falz?
If you don't feel like wasting 15 minutes on his boring ass, finish the ruins and quit the game. Then restart and hit the ruins again! rinse repeat etc...

Danger_Girl
Mar 17, 2001, 07:42 PM
Actually Fargo dear, if you read the posts nobody says you HAVE to beat Dark Nutz. And I actually don't mind "wasting 15 minutes on his boring ass." We're just wondering why the reward for killing him is not consistant with the difficulty level. *sigh* but like I said it just seems Dark Nutz is a creep, even after death.

Ziro
Mar 17, 2001, 11:23 PM
I'm sorry if I offend any1 but dark falz on v-hard isn't that hard if u have the right plan and weapons(all can be found in ruins). As a HUmar I found this method really easy. Get a 3-4 slot armor and fill it with resist light/saint and use a varista or vise/justice with a decent dark%. THen just get lots of fluids or mates(if your an android) and scape dolls(at least 4). Its worked for me since lvl 50 though this works better if u have a buddy to take some hits and revive, but they don't have to be a higher level. this is just me but every1 plays it different.

ragnarok
Mar 17, 2001, 11:48 PM
Wait till you get the version 2 of PSO and try to beat dark falz on ultimate mode..........

Mayi
Mar 18, 2001, 12:58 AM
I wonder if you kill Dark Nutz and wait for a 1000 years if he will come back.

Glider
Mar 18, 2001, 01:09 AM
Forest is very easy so you can get decent exp fast. Ruins is harder, has better items, and funner to play. Mines is the worst level to gain exp since those guys always fall down and you have to wait for them to get up. Plus if someone has a spread needle, they just keep knocking it down so it's hard for hunters to hit everything.

NeiLast
Mar 18, 2001, 05:23 AM
Actually, the mines is great.... IF you do the Endless Nightmare 3 quest.

Masses of enemies, coming quickly in bunches. How's 16 S-beats in 60 secconds sound?

Try Endless Nightmare 3 for exp. you'll like it. I played last night with a force, a ranger (with crush bullet) and 2 HUnewarls (incl me) with slicer/partisan class weapons.

Everyone can tag all the enemies for exp with razonde or a shotgun. Slicers tag enemies for exp easy too..... Sure, I used a bunch of trifluid keeping up, and resta was constantly being cast by someone (hey, 8 S-beats or 4 of those real big things can do some damage!).

Just don't try this quest alone, unless you have hacked items like 999 mags or God/HP+++.

On the quest note... when will us english people get more quests? Don't they have lots of them in Japan? Why can't we download them? I only get endless 123, mopup 123, and the heat sword...

Seutekh
Mar 18, 2001, 06:19 AM
Uhm... I guess I'm alone on this one.

(BEWARE: MINI-RANT FOLLOWS)

I don't play PSO for the loot... or the exp. Granted: I used to, and I will admit still feeling a certain satisfaction when I find something particularly groovy, but it's a bit different now.

I enjoy just meeting some nice people online or going out and having fun with complete strangers. So I'm a freak... but it's still fun.

(and yes, if you show up at my door and want to party with me, I'll still assume you're a stalker and will call the police without batting an eye.)