PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should HUmans and NEwmans be affected by shock?

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 11, 2003, 12:04 AM
I know this has to have gone through your head once or twice. How do you feel about Humans and Newmans being susceptible to the status condition shock? It ticks me off. Its annoying, and many times I have played a game with a friend using a RAceaseal while I used my RAmarl, and I was shocked more than she was! WTH?!

AxemPunanny
Jul 11, 2003, 12:09 AM
Funny how I don't remember Humans/Newmans ever being affected by shock on the DC version. Or maybe that's because I always had a state/maintenance on my chars. DC players remember that support item; one of the best items in the game (IMO), that was ommitted on ep1&2.

I don't think Humans/Newmans should be shocked (temp. paralyzed), maybe dazed for a bit (inability to act or move for a second or 2). And we could just wiggle the thumbstick to quicken the process (like what's done when you get frozen. But we can't do anything bout that now, we're playing a finished product.

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2003, 02:18 AM
You don't remember it because it didn't happen. Shock was android-exclusive on DC. I've a friend who rants about this in the IRC channel I hang out on occasionally. I join the ranting, and then split off on a tangent and bitch about them making it so HUmars can't learn Shifta and Deband anymore. This especially pissed me off the other night when I found both Shifta and Deband, Lv.15. Rage.
...Actually, Shock is good. If it weren't for Shock, Vol Opt would be entirely too easy. Oh wait, he is anyways. >P

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 02:36 AM
Who cares if they should, they are.

Dime
Jul 11, 2003, 02:39 AM
Let me shock you with a taser and see if you can walk afterward. Just be glad your HUmar doesn't bleed from the ears.

umbrella
Jul 11, 2003, 02:51 AM
right..
I'll give you my two.... oh err... sorry Dime.. ten.. cents http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dime
Jul 11, 2003, 04:24 AM
This was aimed at the creator of the topic, but hey if you want a shock get in line behind all the others.

FinalHell
Jul 11, 2003, 06:29 AM
uummm if u dont like it... dont play... thats wat there all is to it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 07:09 AM
Well, shock is like a SHOCK TO YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM/COMPUTER. it temporarly fries your brain/computer I guess... at least the droids have somethin to worry about.

martian_man
Jul 11, 2003, 08:02 AM
i always get shocked >.<

martian_man
Jul 11, 2003, 08:05 AM
Funny how I don't remember Humans/Newmans ever being affected by shock on the DC version. Or maybe that's because I always had a state/maintenance on my chars. DC players remember that support item; one of the best items in the game (IMO), that was ommitted on ep1&2.

mmmmm the dc days*hugz everything*

Mazarin
Jul 11, 2003, 09:30 AM
Grab a fork, and shove it into an electric socket.

Lemme know if you can move.

Voluntarily.

IceBlink
Jul 11, 2003, 10:40 AM
It's good. Adds a little more realism to the game. ^_^

Though Humans and Newmans technically should be laid out flat on the floor from being electrocuted, but eh. ^_^

MasterForce
Jul 11, 2003, 12:06 PM
umm i stuck a fork in the elctric socket and uhhh it hurt like a muther. lol j/k im just being stupid but ya humans and newmans should be affected by shock

Sham
Jul 11, 2003, 12:13 PM
On 2003-07-11 07:30, Mazarin wrote:

Voluntarily.

Why are people using real-life analogies to give explanation to the Shock status on PSO? The first topic never asked for explanation, it asked for your opinion on Shock. And mine is, it should be Android-exclusive. Either way, comparing PSO to real life is a bad thing, because then I might ask you to explain how "midget whores"(hunewearl) can carry massive swords twice the size of their bodies, or "little girls"(fonewearl) can shoot fireballs, etc.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 11, 2003, 12:35 PM
Geez, whats the big deal anyway? Thats why theres sol atomizers for. Besides its not like shock stays on forever.

ShadowJedi
Jul 11, 2003, 06:34 PM
I'd say it like this:
Be &¤#%/% glad you're not PARALYSED.
That's what you SHOULD get from a f¤"(&ing lightning bolt in yer face!

JGaff
Jul 11, 2003, 06:38 PM
Though I am a HUcast and we don't get poisoned and paralyzed, we should get a kick in the rear with shock. Though other classes have techs, they ought to be compensated justly for the many other issues thay have to face while we take them for granted (trap vision for example)

~JGaff~

Golden_Force
Jul 11, 2003, 06:42 PM
Androids do not have the ability to use techniques what-so-ever. And their ability to use traps doesn't exactly make up for that. Though they do have much higher ATP and DFP and don't have to worry about maxing out MST and be a lot more focused, they still deserve another exclusive ability. One of those is the ability not to be affected by such ailements as Poison and Paralysis. However, they couldn't very well be immune to everything, or that would be pushing it. So Shock was made to level things out. Paralysis is just that, it completely shuts down most of the higher nervous functions other than the motory functions. Shock is much more of a quick powerful jolt that dissappates. An android wouldn't be affected by Paralysis becuase their system wouldn't respond to a condition targeting a thing so wonderful as a brain. However they are affected by Shock becuase it overloads their system. The reason Humans and Newmans are affected by Shock is because their systems woudl respond similarly to shock, but becuase they have a mind with the ability to tap into power that violates one of the laws of thermodynamics (wiggling fingers and then shooting out electricity is not comparable energy) they can be affected by Paralysis.

Monomate
Jul 11, 2003, 07:03 PM
i think you should fall to the ground and start convulsing like in real life...(woohoo! i made a taser out of a disposable camera and electrocute people in the leg...then their muscles clench and dey fall on their face...its so funny!)

^yes...i am sick...^

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2003, 08:11 PM
On 2003-07-11 10:13, Sham wrote:

Why are people using real-life analogies to give explanation to the Shock status on PSO? The first topic never asked for explanation, it asked for your opinion on Shock. And mine is, it should be Android-exclusive. Either way, comparing PSO to real life is a bad thing, because then I might ask you to explain how "midget whores"(hunewearl) can carry massive swords twice the size of their bodies, or "little girls"(fonewearl) can shoot fireballs, etc.

Amen. 9_9 Hey, guys, let's see your 3-foot tall slutty HUnny take a slash or three from a Delsaber in real life! Or even a big brawny HUmar! Is there going to be much left? Hell fuck no. PSO != Real Life. Even a Booma whacking you IRL oughta be enough to kill you. :-P Real life just doesn't apply to PSO, so saying Humans and Newmans should be affected by shock because in real life electricity will zap you something fierce is almost as silly as me saying I should be able to shoot instant death from my fingers because my FOmar can. Sheesh.

Para
Jul 11, 2003, 08:26 PM
well shock gave electric techniques a good use... now if they only affected other monsters as well..

DarkSerge27
Jul 11, 2003, 09:57 PM
They do affect monsters. Mainly just machines, but I've seen a few Boomas twitching here and there...

FinalHell
Jul 12, 2003, 01:14 AM
On 2003-07-11 17:03, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
i think you should fall to the ground and start convulsing like in real life...(woohoo! i made a taser out of a disposable camera and electrocute people in the leg...then their muscles clench and dey fall on their face...its so funny!)

^yes...i am sick...^

Wow i thought i was the only person that does that. Put the flash on! more effeective!! Baq to the topic... My Gizonde sometimes stuns monsters in the ruins... also some in the caves too. But alwayz in the mines (if i dont kill them fast enough)

Zarana
Jul 12, 2003, 02:34 AM
In a world with any justice, humans and newmans would be getting shocked on the same day androids come down with bouts of poison.

Edit: Oh, and furthermore, the status was originally called 'short'. Humans and newmans don't short circuit, so they had to give the entire status a name change just to justify it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-07-12 00:37 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 02:44 AM
*shock*
ahhhh yeah....
*shock*
....ah...

Lilknitemarethug
Jul 12, 2003, 06:06 AM
hey im sorry but i think that only a fuking idiot would stik a fork in a socket.

Nani-chan
Jul 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
Of course it should effect everyone.. humans and newmans can cure the whole team using anti. If you're a fomarl or a fonewearl you can clear the whole room. Just because the game is made slightly tougher you will still survive. Heros are made from difficult situations. Don't whine.. deal with it and become legends. <.< =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-12 11:38 ]</font>

Kenshin008
Jul 12, 2003, 02:33 PM
On 2003-07-11 07:30, Mazarin wrote:

Voluntarily.

Stop giving people like umbrella bad ideas! have a turkey http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/turkey.gif

Mirian
Jul 12, 2003, 07:20 PM
Sham has a point people...

Da_Wrecka
Jul 23, 2003, 08:32 PM
On 2003-07-11 10:13, Sham wrote:

Or how anyone can take a couple of whacks from a Delsaber and come out with all limbs attached.

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jul 23, 2003, 09:08 PM
I know this was stated before, but on the DC version, Shock was called Short. It was the equivalent of Paralysis for andriods, but the catch was that it eventually wore off. Still does, of course, but since non-droids are already saddled with Paralysis (which doesn't wear off), why the hell should they be shorted, too? If humans and newmans get shorted, then my little fonewearl ought to be able to short any damn creature in the game (bosses excluded, this is a video game, ya know).

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 10:45 PM
I hate shock. Stupid Vol Opt.

St_Botchua
Jul 23, 2003, 10:48 PM
yeah only the bots should be affected by shock there metal and all or least make our shock significantly quicker to go away than the ones they get

lordinviso
Jul 24, 2003, 12:18 AM
Of course they should be shocked. I like seeing HUmans and Newmans fry in electricity then can't even move while my HUcast runs around freely.

Blade21
Jul 24, 2003, 12:28 AM
ha i agree. Androids should have to taste the pain of having to remeber to carryextra items for condition. . . . .and then jump off a cliff. DEATH TO ALL ANDROIDS!!