PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone know this? (important)

Omikron
Jul 11, 2003, 12:27 PM
Well, this sucks, i just realised this this morening...

If you have a stat maxed by units/mag and you level up even if it says that you gain something on that stat it doesn't keep record of it, basically it gets wasted, for example if you have a humar with max ATA with some god/arm and you level up and gain 1 ATA and unequip the god/arm, your ATA will still be 185, wich totally sucks.

So a very important warning, if you have a maxed stat unequip at least one of the things wich make it maxed when you are close to leveling up!!!

Zolpner
Jul 11, 2003, 12:29 PM
thanks, thats scarey... (seriously)

Omikron
Jul 11, 2003, 12:38 PM
Ooooooh, NEVERMIND!

You don't lose the points you gain, i figured it out by fiddling with my equipmant.

It's a very nasty glitch...

If you unequip only one thing that gives a stat (ATA here) like a unit or a mag, it'll take off what the unti/mag gives (HUmar: 200-god/arm=185) but if you unequip all your things that give ATA, it will show your true base ATA instead of substracting what the unit/mag gives from your max.

Whoo, i got really scared... i've been at max ATA with my humar since about level 100 and he's 128...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omikron on 2003-07-11 10:39 ]</font>

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 11, 2003, 12:40 PM
Thats a good thing to know. Thanks

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 11, 2003, 12:43 PM
Well at least you did not screwed your character up.
Cheers for you ^_^

Frozt
Jul 11, 2003, 01:24 PM
Yes you should be put in the PSO Hall Of Fame.

I dont think there is one but if there was you would be in it.-Capt.Murphy, sealab2021

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 11, 2003, 01:42 PM
Not trying to be mean at all. But I knew about that for a while. But nice find on your own.

lordinviso
Jul 11, 2003, 01:47 PM
Which system is this on because I have max ata on my RAmarl on Gamecube and im still lvling and when i take my equipment off I still retain the point i earn when i level

Golden_Force
Jul 11, 2003, 06:34 PM
At every level that is a multiple of 5, a character's base stats must be at a certain level. The game also saves the number of materials you earn, and your MAG can't screw up any of those numbers. As for the equiped items, like I said before, becuase you must have specific stats at a certain level and becuase your mats are saved, you really can't screw up your stats by keeping equiped items that push you to your max and then level up.

Monomate
Jul 11, 2003, 07:06 PM
cool...that's totally irrelevant to me cuz i don't think im anywhere close to maxing any of my stats (lvl 55)...but that's important anyway...

Artemidorus
Jul 13, 2003, 08:44 PM
but you know what is odd about that every 5 level thing? My FOnewm's ATA is always just 1 below the said amount of ATA for the every 5 levels. how odd!

Soukosa
Jul 13, 2003, 08:56 PM
Are you comparing your FOnewm's ATA to the chart here at PSOW? If so, it might be that they made a mistake, like they have with the FOmarl stats.

Artemidorus
Jul 14, 2003, 12:39 PM
yup, thats what I've been using- but its lower by 1 pt every 5 levels, so thats very odd that it'd be wrong on every part, ya know? hmmm...

HaLLa
Jul 14, 2003, 12:49 PM
you can see your base without unequiping stuff.

Its the one on the right with ( ) around it

Dunedain
Jul 14, 2003, 12:53 PM
Yeah, except for the fact that every stat boosting item boosts your base just about, except for things such as kasami bracer, and weapons like twinkle star.