PDA

View Full Version : GC: The floating hands are smiling... (screenshot)

VulpesMundi
Jul 11, 2003, 12:28 PM
One of the goofier things I've ever seen while playing online, though it's not particularly anything new. I used to see this kind of stuff all the time on the DC version. They have to be originally created by someone using a cheat device, but after that they can be copied by anybody exactly as they appear (same goes for the symbol chats that have no sound at all). Anyway, I removed the person's name for her/his protection.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/floating_hands.jpg

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 11, 2003, 12:48 PM
Kinda funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Can you smack other players with them. LOL

Yosho
Jul 11, 2003, 12:51 PM
I thought people could'nt use a Cheats with PSO?

Frozt
Jul 11, 2003, 12:57 PM
Hey thats pretty cool.
And I dont think its a big cheat because I know in lobby 5 you can get in your chair and get inside the fish tanks.

And good standard on hiding the persons nick.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 11, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-07-11 10:57, Frozt wrote:
Hey thats pretty cool.
And I dont think its a big cheat because I know in lobby 5 you can get in your chair and get inside the fish tanks.

And good standard on hiding the persons nick.

ya I saw people in the pillers and what not, how do they do that?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 11, 2003, 06:36 PM
How did that person in green fall to the ground?

Guntz348
Jul 11, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-07-11 16:36, RAmar_Monkey_Boy wrote:
How did that person in green fall to the ground?

Ctrl+M on the keyboard is one way, one of the numbers makes you fall down and shift+ctrl+m do a differnt fall animation. It's just the keyboard lobby animations. Full guide here,

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=538

VulpesMundi
Jul 12, 2003, 01:45 PM
On 2003-07-11 11:52, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
ya I saw people in the pillers and what not, how do they do that?

I was actually in the pillar when I took that screenshot. I got the camera stuck, and that's why you can't see me. Anybody can get into the pillars if they have the patience, it doesn't require a cheat device (and for the record, I don't have one). You just run your character into the outside corner of a pillar that is against the information desk and slowly wiggle the controller. If you get it right your character will clip the corner and walk right into the pillar.

Mario2485
Jul 13, 2003, 03:09 AM
I tried to go in a pillar and instead my screen was shaking and so was my character. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Vantamiath
Jul 13, 2003, 03:59 AM
Oiii...

Anyone can go in ANY of the objects in ANY of the lobbies.

The only problem is, you don't actually see yourself inside. You do the chair animation next to one (such as the fish tanks), then go forwards while the chair is still "developing".

Just make sure you have a group a people nearby so you can constantly ask;

"Am I in?! Am I in?!"

BrokenHope
Jul 13, 2003, 05:04 AM
On 2003-07-13 01:59, Vantamiath wrote:
Oiii...

Anyone can go in ANY of the objects in ANY of the lobbies.

The only problem is, you don't actually see yourself inside. You do the chair animation next to one (such as the fish tanks), then go forwards while the chair is still "developing".

Just make sure you have a group a people nearby so you can constantly ask;

"Am I in?! Am I in?!"

That's only with lobby decorations such as trees and fish tanks, when people are inside the pillar they are actually inside it.

Firocket1690
Jul 14, 2003, 11:51 PM
hmmm ....

when I go home, I'll look into that ...
looks cool ^_~

anywho... wih all these hacks, I'll expect a middle finger version of the smiley (maybe)

so YOU"RE Starrlight ....

hehe 5th PSOW mod I've seen online ^_~

Firocket1690
Jul 14, 2003, 11:52 PM
P.S.

I doubt it'll be able to be "captured"

Goose
Jul 16, 2003, 04:46 PM
How can they be using cheat devices to get those symbol chats? From what I've heard, people are still trying to find the (M) code, but without any codes to test it on, we'll never know if it's the right (M) code or not. I'm not saying that I dont believe you about the no sound symbol chats or saying that the floating hands are just a product of photoshop, but only that I dont understand how people can be using cheat devices for this. For the record, I've seen the no sound symbol chat.

SC2
Jul 16, 2003, 09:36 PM
Weeeeee FLOATING HANDS!! Sounds cool, wish I could do it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dime
Jul 16, 2003, 10:16 PM
I want to capture those hands and piss of my friends with em.

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2003, 01:38 AM
On 2003-07-16 20:16, Dime wrote:
I want to capture those hands and piss of my friends with em.

hmmm .... capturing a symbol made with a cheat device is prolly just gonna mess with your system ....

VulpesMundi
Jul 17, 2003, 02:36 AM
No, surprisingly. They get saved like any other symbol chat and don't cause any problems. That's one of the reasons why I deleted the player's name from the screenshot. I don't know if s/he made it or copied it from someone else, and I don't want people pointing fingers. AFAIK, the cheat device just manages to change the boundaries for where the symbols go (that or they specifically place them through hex addresses, I'm not really sure). The only hard part is that you have to find someone online who has one of those odd symbol chats and uses it with the capture turned to true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-07-17 00:40 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2003, 11:54 AM
hmmm ... prolly captured from someone else ....

heh Everyone'll probably have it on a shortcut or something once I get back home (just like the really long WS thing about the weaon strgngth and attributes)

Note: There is another thread also in this forum "Strange Happenings in Vega 1-1" or something like that.

BatosaiHimura
Jul 17, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-07-14 21:51, Firocket1690 wrote:
hmmm ....

when I go home, I'll look into that ...
looks cool ^_~

anywho... wih all these hacks, I'll expect a middle finger version of the smiley (maybe)

so YOU"RE Starrlight ....

hehe 5th PSOW mod I've seen online ^_~

Hey ive made my own but im not online yet.

SC2
Jul 17, 2003, 07:04 PM
You made a symbol likee that? If you did how? Contact me at [email protected]
Or just tell me.

LostProphet
Jul 18, 2003, 10:18 PM
i wish that i could get [/b]online[/b] to see that...but oh well

HayatoShi
Jul 20, 2003, 07:16 PM
Well you couldve gotten it if PSO-WORLD didnt ban infamousnugz from the site.. He said He was happy to give but I got it now... SHOULDN'T HAVE BANNED HIM. Oh well it's not my problem... I really dont care. LOL.

If you want it THAT badly... politely ask Barubary aka Myria... she'll be happy to TRUE the symbol so you can copy it. She did it last night.