PDA

View Full Version : life of a duper

Z-Death
Jul 11, 2003, 02:19 PM
when someone dupes a item or uses a gameshark and makes the item, and gives it to someone else, dose the person who recived the item get his data messedup in anyway when he/she goes online?

xanoki
Jul 11, 2003, 02:27 PM
I doubt it, depending on what kind of item it is. I don't actually think ST has made a patch about duped/hacked items yet, so you won't get buggered up. I have a couple of dupes in my possesion (t j-s anyone?) and I can use them online safely, this may change if ST decide to finally make a patch.

Z-Death
Jul 11, 2003, 02:30 PM
ok cool, if they make a patch ull have to save the data on ur card prolly

xanoki
Jul 11, 2003, 02:34 PM
The patch will probably be when you log online it will tell you

"you have fake/illegal items in your possesion, please go offline and delete these items. You will not be permitted to enter online games of PSO until you delete the said items."

I think something like that happened near the end off dreamcast PSO. Correct me if i'm wrong.

AppieDPC
Jul 11, 2003, 04:35 PM
All common dupes or hacks can be used online however stuff like Red Ring or other rings are banned online so if you got those from a mate either keep them on your bank (this usually worked on the DC anyway lol) or keep them on another memory card.
And if you do have an illegal item you will probably get the message Xanoki just posted but probably with a 24 hour temp ban along with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and it will ask you to delete the item (do the bank thingy or transfer to another card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

AxemPunanny
Jul 11, 2003, 04:59 PM
On 2003-07-11 12:34, xanoki wrote:
The patch will probably be when you log online it will tell you

"you have fake/illegal items in your possesion, please go offline and delete these items. You will not be permitted to enter online games of PSO until you delete the said items."

I think something like that happened near the end off dreamcast PSO. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes something like this did happen on DC. Of course, it didn't completely solve it, but nonetheless ST tried.

Nall
Jul 11, 2003, 11:29 PM
i honestly do not think that will happen on GC for a long time if it happens at all.