PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm....

silvermax
Jul 11, 2003, 05:54 PM
well i have 2 mem cards one a 59 blco and one a 256 block, at first the 256 was giving me problems with false coruped data messages, then it kina stoped for a while, but now, its back and worce then ever... taking up to 5 or 6 tries of inserting and removing the card to get it to work,

is there anything i can do to get my stuff of that card and on to a seemingly safer 56 block card?

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 06:09 PM
Thats weird. You should try to clean out your memory card by using air, or possibly clean out the memory slot with a jet of compressed air. Possibly your card was corrupted too....

ShadowJedi
Jul 11, 2003, 06:21 PM
That's exactly what happens with my 256 blocker, it corrupts data.
I'm just getting a smaller mem-card so that I can safly play online...
That'll be my third mem-card for the Cube.
That's a lot of characters.

Micah
Jul 11, 2003, 11:13 PM
i only have 1 mem card

lordinviso
Jul 11, 2003, 11:18 PM
I have like 5 white ones. and 1 black mem card. Its funny because the black memory card is the official Gamecube memory card and we all get false corruptions. I just use each white memory card with one-two charecters on each just incase i really get corrupted.

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 11, 2003, 11:18 PM
Have you tried deleting your guild card? I've heard that works sometimes.

Squeee
Jul 11, 2003, 11:50 PM
memory cards with extra space like that almost ALWAYS do things like that, you should stick with a regular offical cards from nintendo. I had one of those it it would randomly delete all my data on my card (good thing my pso file wasnt on it). i think its some kinda programming defect it happpens with most extra memory cards on most systems.

Soukosa
Jul 11, 2003, 11:54 PM
ST set things up so that if there is ever away to move a save file from one card to another with something other than the GC's memory card screen, it won't work. I have one of those USB memory cards and have fiddled around the saves files. It seems to me that it records an ID number that's associated to that card.

silvermax
Jul 12, 2003, 12:14 AM
Thank you Kalonera, you where the only one to really answer my question... damn looks like im at the mercy of the card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Logical2u, ill try to clean it, but i dont see what good it'll do, my 56 block card works with no problems and its used, but that 256 thing is buggy as hell.... and its BRAND NEW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowJedi, its not a real coruption, only a false meassage, just take out the card and put it back in a few times, it fixess it

Tsudo_Plat, i dont play online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif do i still have a giuld card mem thing?

Squeee, it is an OFFICAL mem cards from nintendo....

OH well if i lose my stuff on that card ill just have to restart *shrugs*

Micah
Jul 12, 2003, 02:32 AM
ahh.. i want your mag