PDA

View Full Version : GC: Mericarols attack?

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 06:50 PM
I went online with Raziel Kai yesterday and we played every mission in EP2 normal. When we got to CCA, a Mericarol appeare, the room turned RED, and we started pounding on it. Suddenly, after a couple of seconds of attacking, it was nearly dead, some gas came out of it, and took away about 70- hp from me (a level 61 ramar, on NORMAL!) and killed the two low level characters nearby. What was that attack! And why did it do so much damage?

Reenee
Jul 11, 2003, 06:53 PM
Desperation attack; it'll do it when characters are nearby it. Stand at a distance from it so it'll just do its confusion projectile.

Bit
Jul 11, 2003, 06:53 PM
I believe that would be called the "You just died" Attack. That happened to me as well, except on Vhard. Safe to say my HUmar was wiped out. I believe Gibbles and the other 'sub-boss' in the Sea side area have a very damaging attack as well.

AxemPunanny
Jul 11, 2003, 07:00 PM
I'm not quite sure what the attack is called or whatnot. One of its attacks, indeed, does drain TP. Today was the first time I noticed. Maybe it's the first time it did that attack on me, or I just never paid attention to my TP fighting it. There's another attack it does, that reminds me of a Chaos Bringer's rifle attack (does a good deal of damage). I could be mistaken, but that attack could be like megid. It also has a charge attack, reminiscent of a Grass Assassin's and Chaos Bringer's rush. After experiencing those attacks, I've always kept a good distance from it (as long as I got distance attacks).

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-07-11 16:53, Bit wrote:
I believe that would be called the "You just died" Attack. That happened to me as well, except on Vhard. Safe to say my HUmar was wiped out. I believe Gibbles and the other 'sub-boss' in the Sea side area have a very damaging attack as well.

Yea, I am guessing Mericoral has megid or somethin... and Gibbles.... I HATE GIBBLES NOW!

Bit
Jul 11, 2003, 07:21 PM
Oh I never liked that thing.

First time I saw him, I was like "Tch. What a lame name. Gibbles. Ha." Only to have him utterly destroy me @_@.

Serves me right for laughing, I guess.

lain2k3
Jul 11, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-07-11 17:17, Logical2u wrote:

On 2003-07-11 16:53, Bit wrote:

Yea, I am guessing Mericoral has megid or somethin... and Gibbles.... I HATE GIBBLES NOW!

I love frozen shooter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LJ
Jul 11, 2003, 11:04 PM
Ya i laughed at gibbles the first......and last time i saw him. My cuz and i were playin multi mode. We got to his area and we were like " Gibbles? WTH?" and busted out laughing....till he dropped on cameron(my cousin) killing him instantly being a fonewearl. All i said was OH CRAP b4 he punched every single one of my teeth and im pretty sure some of my brains out.

lordinviso
Jul 11, 2003, 11:12 PM
Just wait till ultimate. That attack is also instant kill. Also there projectile attack the sonic wave thingy is there megid and lets just say, thats instant kill also.

LamerPanda
Jul 12, 2003, 12:19 AM
On 2003-07-11 21:12, lordinviso wrote:
Just wait till ultimate. That attack is also instant kill. Also there projectile attack the sonic wave thingy is there megid and lets just say, thats instant kill also.

I figured the powder pretty much was, but is the confuse ray-thinger really instant kill? =/ I thought it was just because I was only 120.

Gi Gue's bomb kills me in one hit too...

lordinviso
Jul 12, 2003, 12:45 PM
The confuse ray thingy was upgrade sort to say as a megid attack.

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2003, 01:22 PM
Ult Mericarol makes one hate being a Hunter, and wish for a good Rifle or some good high-level Simple techs. I've only beaten it once, and that required luck, being right on top of it when it spawned so it wouldn't shoot instant death at me, running away fast enough when it was about to do it's mist stuff, and hitting my PB to quickly take it down a couple thousand HP. GOD I hate Ult Mericarol. ;_; Rangers and Forces can stay out of range, but Hunters... Blahhh. ;_; *cries* MERICAROL ATE MY HOMEWORK!!! ;_;