PDA

View Full Version : Boss Item Drop Frequency...?

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 11, 2003, 11:01 PM
Anyone have any idea on what the drop frequency of rares from bosses is? I've checked around and haven't found anything... any ideas?

Micah
Jul 11, 2003, 11:09 PM
less than a rare enemy. thats all i know, ive tried like 20 times for a musashi from the dragon on hard, and then i start a new HUmar. my first time though i get it.. kinda lame but oh well. personaly ive been lucky, 4 runs through ultimate forest and i got a dragons claw.

Octavian
Jul 11, 2003, 11:19 PM
It all depends, i think i've killed Silly Dragon around 30 times, about ten of those turned up combats. i know people who have gone through that dragon 50 times and not found the nail.

edit: i have to note, of course, i know purplenum cant find the nail and it will always be combats; i was talking about people with other id's. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octavian on 2003-07-11 21:21 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jul 11, 2003, 11:27 PM
I think they are asking for the rate at which the boss drops anything, not the rare.

Octavian
Jul 11, 2003, 11:57 PM
Anyone have any idea on what the drop frequency of rares from bosses is?

not to try to agrivate you Kalo, but i think they are specifically asking about rares. It would help, though, if he would tell us what item it is he is looking for. Because obviously not all rares have the same drop rate

Soukosa
Jul 12, 2003, 12:10 AM
Oopsie. Misread it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Yosho
Jul 12, 2003, 08:43 AM
On 2003-07-11 21:57, Octavian wrote:

Anyone have any idea on what the drop frequency of rares from bosses is?

not to try to agrivate you Kalo, but i think they are specifically asking about rares. It would help, though, if he would tell us what item it is he is looking for. Because obviously not all rares have the same drop rate

What about a Partisan of lightning from the (ULT) Gol Dragon, I've kick his ass so many times with my pinkal at least 20 so far.....he's one stingy bitch lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Logical2u
Jul 12, 2003, 08:45 AM
Bosses do not drop rares. They drop boxes which may drop rares. Bosses themselves drop Meseta (on hard), star atomizers (on normal) and Heat Swords (online).

Yosho
Jul 12, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-07-12 06:45, Logical2u wrote:
Bosses do not drop rares. They drop boxes which may drop rares. Bosses themselves drop Meseta (on hard), star atomizers (on normal) and Heat Swords (online).

Bosses "DO" drop rares, if they did'nt how did I get an Asuka from Barba Ray? (ULT Temple)

JGaff
Jul 12, 2003, 10:29 AM
You come from normal right? Where I come from, bosses can leave you a small gift for your efforts, like a Musashi from The Dragon, Mahu from De Rol Le and so forth. The Gold boxes can carry rares on EP2 Gol Dragon, but my knowledge ends there for the most part.

~JGaff~

Yosho
Jul 12, 2003, 10:33 AM
On 2003-07-12 08:29, JGaff wrote:
You come from normal right? Where I come from, bosses can leave you a small gift for your efforts, like a Musashi from The Dragon, Mahu from De Rol Le and so forth. The Gold boxes can carry rares on EP2 Gol Dragon, but my knowledge ends there for the most part.

~JGaff~

Yeah he must be playing on normal, cause I get tons of Wands from Sil Dragon who is a Boss....either that or i'm just imagining things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleep.gif

SaiKo
Jul 12, 2003, 11:34 AM
I have to have done 30+ runs to the Gol Dragon the past few days and still don't have a Maser Beam to show for my efforts...

How many runs did it take ya'll to get it?

Reenee
Jul 12, 2003, 12:42 PM
On 2003-07-12 09:34, SaiKo wrote:
I have to have done 30+ runs to the Gol Dragon the past few days and still don't have a Maser Beam to show for my efforts...

How many runs did it take ya'll to get it?

One.

Yosho
Jul 12, 2003, 02:16 PM
I got my Asuka on the second run, i think i was lucky

jediknight007
Jul 12, 2003, 02:26 PM
It's not worth asking how many runs it took other people to find specific rares since everyone's game is different, some will find it on their first run while others will find nothing after 100 runs.

SubstanceD
Jul 12, 2003, 02:29 PM
Oooo...

Now here's an interesting topic, I personally am sick and tired of doing Hard Temple runs and fighting Barba Ray just so that I can get a Double Sabre, it takes soo long to get through that level and that stingy SOB never drops anything, ANYTHING! Do you know what it is like to waste soo much time looking for somthing with such little ATP on a difficulty that gets you little exp at all espescially when you can be getting more than double the exp on Very Difficulty. I would not even bother if it wern't for the fact that Akira ( my Fomar ) needs a double Sabre somewhere down the line and now seems like as good a time as any to give him one and since that is the only Double Sabre-type weapon he can equip other than the S-rank I am left with no choice but to keep trying for it. And to think I could have been in Ultimate with Destruction right now with all the time I have been wasting on this stupid distraction.

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 12, 2003, 02:41 PM
I have the same freakin problem! I'm trying to get that bastard Barba Ray to drop a Double Saber so my FOmar has something that can kick ass other than my piece of crap supressed gun!

What I was asking, was if anyone had any idea on what the chance of a boss dropping a rare was...like say the Hard Dragon had a 30% chance of dropping Musashi, but then the V.Hard Dragon had a 27% chance of dropping the Yamato. Thats what I was looking for. Anyone have any idea? Or some sort of rough estimate?

KnucklesZ5
Jul 12, 2003, 09:16 PM
All I know is that the second time I killed the Barba Ray(First on Vhard) I got a Yamato, that's pretty much the only time I've gotten a rare from a boss.

Mirian
Jul 12, 2003, 10:04 PM
~Quote:All posts~

Doesnt beat time have to do with it? I did one run in the morning with beat time 133 on VHard Forest and got a Yamato. Later, I do a few more ( about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif with beat time around 600, and no Yamato.

LunarShadowX
Jul 12, 2003, 10:18 PM
It actually depends on how rare the rare is, ironically. I know that the Sil Dragon drops its rare for my Redria HUcaseal 90% of the time, which is one of those damn special wep slicer thingies. Meanwhile I know people who can never get anything from the biznitch, but they have different Section IDs.