PDA

View Full Version : Item drop rate: which mode...

Nightmarexlc
Jul 12, 2003, 12:22 AM
I have discovered that there are some pretty sweet rares in, of all places, NORMAL Mode! But this is were I'm confused, I can find the same rares in a different mode.

So would it be better to hunt in NORMAL or the other difficulties?

Soukosa
Jul 12, 2003, 01:41 AM
I would say the higher difficulties would make it easier to get rares you would find on Normal. But, what exactly have you found? Maybe then, I can look into things and decide on it.

Nightmarexlc
Jul 12, 2003, 02:32 AM
well.... nothing so far, I'm currently lookin' for the light relief, I can find that in different places.

I was just wondering if it's a good idea to go to normal or some other diff.

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 12, 2003, 06:56 AM
Your best bets with your Yellowboze RA is either Normal or Very Hard Temple from a Grass Assassin. If I were you, I'd hunt on Very Hard. Two good benefits for this. (1) You'll be racking up way more experience than you would in Normal doing hunting runs. And, (2) you have a chance of finding other good rares in Very Hard Temple while looking for the Light Relief. For example, Custom Barrier from La Dimenian.

Elite_Pyro69
Jul 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
I don't think you should hunt for rares on normal. All I know is that when I recreated my Humar to be a Redria, on normal I got a Photon Drop, Addslot, and some special mechgun made by some Vise Corp all in Mines . But after that it was nothing SPECIAL until hard mode. So I think for your game, character, and Section ID there are certain places where you get rare stuff more often. You just have to find that specific place.

Soukosa
Jul 12, 2003, 06:47 PM
It looks you'll have a much better chance of finding a Light Relief on a harder difficulty than you will in Normal.