PDA

View Full Version : When do Forces start to get easier.

CoLDSTeeL
Jul 12, 2003, 12:34 AM
I hear its real hard to start off as a Force, especially as a FOnewearl or Fonewm. Anyway, I am trying all three classes right now(66 HUnewearl, 27 RAcaseal, and 4 FOnewaearl).

Night_Star
Jul 12, 2003, 12:40 AM
fonewearl is actually the easiest force to lvl up all the way up!
but the others get good about as soon as thier mags get a lot of mind. which is about lvl 50.

silvermax
Jul 12, 2003, 12:41 AM
Well i started a new Fomarl and it wasnt that hard, just gave her mag lost of power and dex, and went poking stuff, even with the low def and HP, it wasnt to hard, now shes 31 with an Inferno Bazooka, i dont think ill ever put that thing down, its just to fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

starting my Fonewearl was a bit harder, gota be very aware of whats around you, and LOTS of trap vision, the LOW hp is a problem, and she cant melee for crap, i sudgest just twinking a Fonewearl, to save lots of frustrasion(sp) but now shes 51 and has no problems, kills everything in V-hard in one or 2 spells or foie/zondi/barta very fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mid 50's-60's witha good mind mag is about the point that a force gets good or my 31 Fomarl with that Bazooka, just owns Hard right now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2003-07-11 22:47 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jul 12, 2003, 12:41 AM
I would say Very hard or Ultimate. They really own those.

The Ra techs just rip everything up. The only thing that sucks is you gotta spend a lotta meseta to use them but on higher difficulties you find more meseta.

CoLDSTeeL
Jul 12, 2003, 12:49 AM
So what should I try to go for, as stats for my mag? I know Mind will be the strongest.

FinalHell
Jul 12, 2003, 12:57 AM
It would help to have some DEF stats in ur mag. unless ur already have a good armour equiped. Cause forces dont really have alot of hp and that can really screw u over if ur a low level and getting killed in one hit. and also another suggestion. DO NOT USE LVL 30 SPELLS AT LOW LVL'S!! I say that because at low levels, u dont have a lot of TP. If u do this ur gonna be wasting a hell of alot of time just goin back and forth getting Fluids...

velvetglamor
Jul 12, 2003, 12:58 AM
I started out with a FOnewm and I really didn't notice that they are somewhat harder to start out with until I made my FOmar and kept realizing that I didn't have certian spells and TP drains very very quickly. (and doesn't regenerate by itself! oi!) But I think FOmars are more difficult than FOnewms..or maybe that's just me. I'm not all that high level at this point (Level 46 on my FOnewm) and I don't find it all that difficult anymore, though, I've only ever played as a FO so I'm so used to it that I guess it would seem easy. The only thing that sometimes gives me problems is my HP...It can be pretty aggravating sometimes, but once again, you get used to it.
Ciao ciao!

TangledWeb3917
Jul 12, 2003, 12:58 AM
The best stats to go for would be as much mind as possible, for right now anyway since your force is a low lvl character, you can learn higher lvl spells quicker that way ... make your force more usefull http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Night_Star
Jul 12, 2003, 01:00 AM
yeah, dont use that high of lvls when your low lvls
because when they are at lvl 30 the tp that they use averages around 40 tp per tech. even when you have over 2100 tp you still run out fast. it just takes a little longer

Wufei
Jul 12, 2003, 01:02 AM
Just go for all mind. More mind equals more MST, and more MST equals more powerful spells and more TP. ATP and ATA aren't important because FOnewearls shouldn't be attacking with weapons in the first place. Although you should equip a weapon anyways because female Forces cast spells faster when they have a weapon equipped (Force males cast faster when they don't have any weapons equipped).

polishedweasel
Jul 12, 2003, 04:26 AM
I'm assuming that the original poster of this topic isn't a rich person..PSO wise. And that they dont have any higher characters. If you happen to have a Purplenum anything that is in very hard caves, you can use the pipe trick in the caves to get yourself a few God/Minds from the Nar lilies that inhabit the area. otherwise, pump the hell out of Mind on your mag and don't be a lv 80 running around with a lv 120 mag. The most I've pumped into a mag myself was about 175 Mind. I'm not that good at mag raising. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 05:15 AM
hard.

Logical2u
Jul 12, 2003, 08:55 AM
Fonewearls are actually the best force to start off with. They get a good bonus for the basic techs, and have high MST so they can equip high level weapons earlier. (mine currently has a Dim rod!lol) And when you combine a basic tech boost with a foie merge, and a club of laconium, I'd imagine you'd be doing about 200 damage a foie!

Skankhair
Jul 12, 2003, 10:09 AM
Forces start off harder than Hunters or Rangers because they don't have enough magic to do any real damage, nor enough defense to be anything but fragile. One mistake and BAM, you get hurt bad. Low HP, little defense and evasion....

But at high levels, your magic is so strong, you don't need HP, defense or evasion. You just nuke everything.

I'd say that at level 80 and up, is where Forces start tobeat Hunters and Rangers. But it can tale as long as lvl 120 before you start seeing all of those lvl 30 disks you need.

Forces hit a hump around lvl 40 or so, but by lvl 80, you should be over it. Lvl 100 at the lastest. And by 120, you should be kicking major ass.

IMO, the FOmar and FOmarl suck ass. The FOnewm and FOnewearl are great, with the FOnewm having better GI and RA techs, and the FOnewearl having better base techs, Megid and more MST. The FOnewm is generally better at higher levels than the FOnewearl, but she can make up for it by being better in a team (more resta ranger), against some bosses (with Foie) and in battle mode (better Megid). They are the two most similar characters in the game.

Golden_Force
Jul 12, 2003, 10:13 AM
The Newman forces are easier than the human forces with their powers put more in the attack tech areas, but the human forces eventually become superior in many areas, including their multiplier in Grants which kicks major ass in Ultimate when things resist everything else. Human forces are also typically better in the support tech area, so they offer more to team play. Yet again, the Newmans offer more TP and can rip things up with their attack techs.

Artemidorus
Jul 12, 2003, 10:15 AM
Well, I'm raising a FOnewm and a FOnewearl. My FOnewm is L. 72 and in Ultimate while the FOnewearl is in Hard mode at the mines. So far this is what I've noticed:
1)NEWMANS NEED MORE ATP!!!
2)The Ruins are totally easy with a FOnewm cuz of his ups in the RA and GI class spells.
3)Difficulty doesn't really change with the FOnewearl. Nothing really gets her down (except for a broken nail! ^o^)
4) Mags are divine and godly in every way.
5)It's all up to preference and how you would like to play as a Force.

But to answer the original question, I think being a Force in general gets to be much more rewarding once you get to the Ruins of Normal (again, thank God for Mags!)

AzNrarehunter
Jul 12, 2003, 10:25 AM
i started my force with high lvl spells i hunted from my other characters, the spells are not at 30 so they're 20ish. the mag, well i dunno how i started. but during my fun time, i stick to hildebear cane to conserve tp, just cast RAfoie and use the free foie to pick them off. once i got to the point i can use the psycho wand, it can be easy, but repetitive. mines was FOneweral.

Reenee
Jul 12, 2003, 10:32 AM
The only time a Force gets easier to use is not dependent on the difficulty level.

It depends on how much damage you can do to enemies, how many fluids you use up, and how much cash you get. It also depends on what you're feeding your Mag: you are surely going to spend a lot of money of your Mag's current diet consists of Di-items or Atomizers.

CoLDSTeeL
Jul 12, 2003, 01:48 PM
Wow thats alot of info http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Right now for my mag, I am going all MIND baby! Just curious to know, how are your controllers customized to your character?
Right now I am still at a low level but mine is(Xbox)
A - light attack
b - foie
x - barta
R+A - Monofluid
R+B - Zonde
R+X - Resta

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 01:53 PM
When you get them into bed and are their type.......Er I mean leve l80 and have a good mind mag.

*RUNS*