PDA

View Full Version : Rarrrr! Rage!

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2003, 03:39 AM
This damned game is about to break the controller that came with my 'cube. The R button no longer works properly. And that B button seems sticky for some reason, which makes no sense, I don't use Resta -that- often. ;_; And it's not so easy to just go out and buy a new controller, I'm broke, and they don't sell Platinum controllers. Boo. I suppose I can just use my wavebird, but the batteries would run out. ;_;

...At least I finally got my God/Battle today. But grr! Stupid controller! Rage! At least my memory cards are working fine, even the off-brand one with my auxillary chars on it(Fluffy, Shawna-chanX, Helios and ELLY) that's a Nyko with something like 150 blocks or whatever. Hey, it was cheap, and they didn't have -any- official ones. It's not like I'm likely to use any of those chars online anyways, if I ever get online. >P

So, anyone else destroy a controller via playing PSO too much? ^^;;;

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 05:08 AM
get a new one ; problem solved.

LamerPanda
Jul 12, 2003, 11:41 AM
I want a USB card because I'm paranoid. >_>

The control stick on one of my controllers is sort of loose, but that's probably from Melee rather than PSO. Still, if I try to play PSO with it, my character will just walk off in one direction... o_O I have to hold the stick up in the neutral posistion when I start, and even then it tends to cause them to walk off if I let go of it in a game.

I have two controllers, so I just switched to the other one. My GC is indigo or whatever they decided to name it because Platinum wasn't out yet, so color isn't really an issue.

Cerridwyn
Jul 12, 2003, 01:03 PM
My A button sticks from too much Melee. But it's an offbrand one made for people with huge hands (I have normal hands, we bought it for a friend). Every now and then, my character will just start swinging at nothing for a second or two. But the worst part is, when I try for a quick heal while I'm being attacked, she starts swinging instead and I end up dying.

Dime
Jul 12, 2003, 02:15 PM
Kinda hard to break unless you throw it around or mash on it.

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 03:05 PM
People aren't carefull..

Dime
Jul 12, 2003, 05:04 PM
I don't even wanna know what she did to it...or do I...?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2003-07-12 15:05 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2003, 05:42 PM
You're a sick, sick man. I don't even have the vibration setting on. >P ...I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

Oddly enough, when I started playing today I knocked the controller 3 feet onto a hard wood floor, and now the right shoulder button works fine. B button seems ok, too. I guess I should throw my controllers around more instead of being careful with them. >P

...And I use that right shoulder button a lot. Gotta cast J/Z on enemies, use fluids, use techs, break boxes, use PBs, access the R+Y menus, switch between them, look at a weapon/armor's %/slots, etc, etc... No wonder it gets fucky. >P

Bit
Jul 12, 2003, 07:35 PM
I lost two unoffical controllers due to Melee. That game can truly take out a Control Stick. Fast.

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 10:16 PM
if the r button doesnt work, just go to options while playing as a char and go to button configuration and select the second 1.

Dime
Jul 13, 2003, 11:57 PM
On 2003-07-12 15:42, Ian-KunX wrote:
You're a sick, sick man. I don't even have the vibration setting on. >P ...I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

Oddly enough, when I started playing today I knocked the controller 3 feet onto a hard wood floor, and now the right shoulder button works fine. B button seems ok, too. I guess I should throw my controllers around more instead of being careful with them. >P

...And I use that right shoulder button a lot. Gotta cast J/Z on enemies, use fluids, use techs, break boxes, use PBs, access the R+Y menus, switch between them, look at a weapon/armor's %/slots, etc, etc... No wonder it gets fucky. >P

You know....this idea...might be crazy...but might work...how about you stop throwing controllers?

I must admit it's easier said than done, NBA Live 2003 has caused me to dent part of my PS2 controller.

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2003, 12:43 AM
On 2003-07-13 21:57, Dime wrote:

You know....this idea...might be crazy...but might work...how about you stop throwing controllers?

I must admit it's easier said than done, NBA Live 2003 has caused me to dent part of my PS2 controller.

>P I don't throw my controllers. I don't sit on them, chew on them, spill soda on them, run them over with steamrollers or feed them to wild dogs. I'm actually very careful with them. It just decided to stick up a bit, apparently, and apparently when it accidentally got knocked onto the floor that one time it knocked it back to being non-sticky. So bah on you. ;-P *pats controller*

Now what's scary is that the PSO disk has been out of the 'cube exactly -once- since I got them, and that was only for a few seconds so I could say I actually had taken it out. >_>; Poor little baby disk. I'm surprised it hasn't melted yet.

butzopower
Jul 15, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-07-12 12:15, Dime wrote:
Kinda hard to break unless you throw it around or mash on it.

The button mashing game in gallons shop... I'm sure a few people have broken a spring on that (or sprained their mashing finger).