PDA

View Full Version : w00t! w00t! Ragol Ring extra lives trick!

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 12, 2003, 03:04 PM
Ok, I just went through Ultimate Ruins with my RAmarl with the goal of testing the theory/rumor that you can add extra lives to the Ragol Ring. All I know was that you are supposed to defeat Dark Falz with the Ragol Ring equipped to add an extra life to it. So after making it to Dark Falz I put the Ragol Ring in my item pack along with a Celestial Shield.

I equipped the Celestial Shield for the first two forms to ensure I wouldn't have any mishaps. After a uncommonly smooth run against the second form (my Spirit Vulcan didn't give him a chance to do his Rabarta attack), I was ready for the third form. I put on a Resist/Devil, unequipped my Celestial Shield, and donned the legendary Ragol Ring.

It was a grueling battle (not really), but after about 10-15 minutes he was POOF! Ragol Ring intact! After the credits I loaded up a game and went into Ult. Mines to let some mean Gillchics have their way with Marion. After a dozen or so hits I fall to ground but I am brought back to life. Keep in mind the Ragol Ring was equipped when I died. When I came back to life, I looked at my arm and the ring was STILL THERE!

So there you have it folks, I have personally confirmed it. It does work. So what you have to do is:

Defeat Ultimate Dark Falz with Ragol Ring equipped to add an extra life to it. Someone may want to confirm if this works for Olga Flow. Or I'll confirm it after I practice fighting him. But I gotta get ready for work soon.

neo9376
Jul 12, 2003, 03:11 PM
That's gonna help me alot. By the way your sig is really creeping me out.

Guntz348
Jul 12, 2003, 03:17 PM
That or your mag revived you. If your mag brings you back to life, not a scape doll, you keep the ring. That could have been what happened.

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 12, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-07-12 13:17, Guntz348 wrote:
That or your mag revived you. If your mag brings you back to life, not a scape doll, you keep the ring. That could have been what happened.

Sigh... No when my mag revives me it gives me back half of my life. When I came back with the Ring I had all of my health restored.

Edit: $@#! You're right dude. What a stupid item. I just tested it by taking the mag off and then I died. It was gone. Of course I reset my game but... Argh... Well it's only for experts then. Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cecil_McW00t on 2003-07-12 13:27 ]</font>

umbrella
Jul 12, 2003, 03:18 PM
I'm sure its likewise.
Nice findings http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

fury02
Jul 12, 2003, 06:27 PM
*sigh* that sucks...=(

Eyce
Jul 12, 2003, 06:32 PM
That's awesome! Well I don't really need to worry about it..

I saved up every scape doll I found until Ultimate. lol! I still save some and My FOnewm is Lvl 133..

I have like 40 scpae dolls lol!

But yeah that will come in handy for my other characters. Thanks!!

Nightmarexlc
Jul 12, 2003, 06:56 PM
aaww man that sucks... But look on the bright side, at least you HAVE a ragol ring... -_-

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 13, 2003, 12:30 AM
Yeah! The stats are really good! After Deband my RAmarl's defense is 929!

AxemPunanny
Jul 13, 2003, 12:43 AM
On 2003-07-12 13:11, neo9376 wrote:
That's gonna help me alot. By the way your sig is really creeping me out.

seriously? I think she's... yea (stares at her). You know what I mean.

Cool info on the Ragol Ring tho.

neo9376
Jul 13, 2003, 10:55 AM
About your edit did you remember to go and fight dark falz again cause according to what you said before you have 1 extra life because of the ragol ring and if you fight dark falz you get an extra extra life on the ragol ring that would mean you had 2 extra lives when you died the first time so then you had 1. When you died the second time without your mag maybe you didn't have any extra lives on the ring. I'm gonna pm this to you since it could help alot of people if it works.

AppieDPC
Jul 13, 2003, 01:35 PM
On 2003-07-13 08:55, neo9376 wrote:
About your edit did you remember to go and fight dark falz again cause according to what you said before you have 1 extra life because of the ragol ring and if you fight dark falz you get an extra extra life on the ragol ring that would mean you had 2 extra lives when you died the first time so then you had 1. When you died the second time without your mag maybe you didn't have any extra lives on the ring. I'm gonna pm this to you since it could help alot of people if it works.

*wondered the same thing after reading that reply* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 13, 2003, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. After I killed myself the first time, I turned off my Gamecube without saving to reset everything. When I tested out the no-mag thing, I was brought back with the Ring gone. So since I didn't save after I killed myself, I should've still had an extra life on it but that wasn't the case. -_-