PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Transfering To Another Xbox

ZeroLogic
Jul 12, 2003, 03:08 PM
Hey,

Me and my Girlfriend have been playing Phantasy Star for some time now, and we are both level 60ish.

I Just baught another Xbox and anotehr Xbox live, because we want to play online with eachother.

Is it possable to transfer one of the Characters from my xbox to my other xbox???

thanx

-mike

AzNrarehunter
Jul 12, 2003, 03:20 PM
use the memory unit. but i guess it will count as a temp. character when u transfer. or u get your girlfriend to hold the items and have her go online, then u get the other xbox set for live and log on, find a room and perform the transfer. that should do

ZeroLogic
Jul 12, 2003, 03:24 PM
It's not items i would like to transfer..

i want to transfer the WHOLE character file to the other xbox so that the characters we've ALREADY playd we can still play them together on seperate xbox's online with other people

K9999
Jul 12, 2003, 03:31 PM
nope might as well just restart since 60 lvls goes buy in about 5 hours

Wufei
Jul 12, 2003, 03:32 PM
It isn't possible as far as I know ... bummer :

ZeroLogic
Jul 12, 2003, 03:35 PM
That really sucks, but i guess we'll just start over from scratch.

but ill have to transfer my items. thanx for the tip how to do that. oh well....

thanx anyways guys.

-mike

Android_15
Jul 12, 2003, 03:42 PM
Nice Job Man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I wish had enough money to go out and buy an XBOX a PSO1&2 and a another subscription to XBOX LIVE....plus a girl friend that like video games as much as me...right now your livin large...

martian_man
Jul 12, 2003, 04:23 PM
lol ye sounds like fun havin a game-lovin'-girlfreind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sedyne
Jul 13, 2003, 12:17 AM
On 2003-07-12 13:08, ZeroLogic wrote:
Hey,

Me and my Girlfriend have been playing Phantasy Star for some time now, and we are both level 60ish.

I Just baught another Xbox and anotehr Xbox live, because we want to play online with eachother.

Is it possable to transfer one of the Characters from my xbox to my other xbox???

thanx

-mike

Not to play online with the other xbox.

AxemPunanny
Jul 13, 2003, 12:30 AM
I want to do this someday. If I get another Xbox. But I'm sure you can't transfer entire files, or even char files over, since your char belongs to that one save file. And that save file belongs to the whole PSO file that's on the originally Xbox. I'd imagine you'd have to move the entire save file, but that would mean you'd have to move your GF's char too, which you're not trying to do. Besides, that's not possible to move that file anyway, let alone move one char. It can only be a temp file. Even then you likely can't use a temp file online. You probably will need to make a new one, and have her keep hers. I'm sure you can find some spare time, when you're not with her to level up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Before that tho, you should twink your char (i.e. transfer the items you had on your first to your new one); so you can level up faster, and go back to where you both left off.

Cca
Jul 14, 2003, 11:33 AM
hi, i want ask you guys some questions.
-Does psox requires a xbox live to play offline?
-When does psox come to Portugal?

Thank you.

akataka
Jul 30, 2003, 08:16 AM
If it is not possible to move/copy characters from one Xbox to another, can someone tell me what the "Move character" option on the "Select Character" screen is used for?

I can transfer the character to the MU, but then what do I do with it?

Thanks in advance,
--Akataka

NeiLast
Jul 30, 2003, 01:55 PM
you transfer it to another Xbox from the MU as a "temporary" character. You can play it there in multiplayer offline, but while its on the MU or other Xbox you can't use the copy on the original Xbox.

These things are all done to prevent duping, which would be real easy if you could copy characters.

The best you can do is create a new, identical character and give it your items. With your old MAG, and some low level armor with slots and some HP units you should get to Hard ruins very fast, and the only barrier to Vhard where you can get to level 50 fast is getting 250 to 260 HP to get past DF, or if you are an android it may be harder. Unlocking all the areas of Vhard (except Seabed in Vhard which requires 500HP + for the Gal Gryphon) will be easy, and then you can play online and start in any Vhard area be just about where you are now.

At least, getting to level 30 will be very fast, and 30 to 60 will be fast only if you have enough godly units to stick in 4 slot armors.

LivinDeadGurl
Jul 31, 2003, 06:43 PM
My husband and I had the same problem. Tried everything--people said that if you had an action reply you could do it, but I don't know how. I just started a new character and she is now higher level and I like her better! It does suck to begin with though!