PDA

View Full Version : Otakon

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2003, 04:48 PM
Otakon Anime Convention - August 8, 9, & 10 (Baltimore Convention Center, Maryland)
http://www.otakon.com

Kasera
Jul 12, 2003, 05:18 PM
Hold me back.

Enyalis_Cho
Jul 12, 2003, 08:39 PM
I wish I lived closer or I'd try to go. I've heard it's a really good con, but I don't live anywere neary Maryland. I did just go to A-kon in Dallas in June, though. It rocked! I'm a regular at that con. Do you cosplay?

lain2k3
Jul 12, 2003, 09:09 PM
I'm going. Cosplaying as Spike Spiegel. The costumes not as easy as you'd think.

LamerPanda
Jul 12, 2003, 10:04 PM
I'm waiting until I can drive on my own.

I'm going to bring a camera and take pictures of bad cosplayers, so if you're grossly overweight or have no costume designing skills, I suggest you not go in, oh, two years. ^-^

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2003, 11:31 PM
laink2k3 = My best friend cosplayed as Spike Spiegal though I'm probably cosplaying someone from Shaman King... hopefully Tao Ren. Let me try to find a picture of him. I think he's cosplaying as Yoh Asakura this year. The only thing he complains about cosplaying Spike Spiegal is the fact he's only 5'5" while Spike is very tall.

lamerpanda = Hmm, the worse I've seen was the 60+ year old guy cosplaying as Sailor Mars and Eternity Sailor Moon. One of my friends just showed me on her livejournal about a hairy fat guy cosplaying as Fay Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. Even if it is considered 'wrong' by society standards, people have their 'reasons' though my judgement tells me I do not want to know those 'reasons'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-12 21:37 ]</font>

Enyalis_Cho
Jul 13, 2003, 12:59 AM
I've seen some pretty scary stuff at cons. I think the scariest by far was a really fat older woman dressed as a girl getting raped by tentacles. She was wearing a tan body suit and had all these tentacles glued to it in interresting places. I have to admit.... it takes a mondo set of balls to walk around in something like that. I definately coudln't do it, and I'm disappointed that I ran out of film before I could take a pic of her so people wouldn't think I was lying. I've cosplayed as Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon, Kagero from Ninja Scroll, and Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 01:28 AM
I hope someone cosplays an Uziga drawing! I could get them for my music video!

Botosai
Jul 13, 2003, 01:42 AM
My (ex) girlfriend and I cosplayed as Kenshin Himura And Mai from K.O.F (Damn I Miss Her)....well anyway I got into a fight wit some guy who looked lik shinji Ikari I followed him to his hotel and socked him in the face.(he tried to hate on my game while I was hitting on this asian girl who looked like a real life rei ayanami). Love sucks......

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 01:54 AM
On 2003-07-12 23:42, Botosai_The_Rappy_Slayer wrote:
My (ex) girlfriend and I cosplayed as Kenshin Himura And Mai from K.O.F (Damn I Miss Her)....well anyway I got into a fight wit some guy who looked lik shinji Ikari I followed him to his hotel and socked him in the face.(he tried to hate on my game while I was hitting on this asian girl who looked like a real life rei ayanami). Love sucks......

Woah dude... Uhh...

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 02:34 AM
On 2003-07-12 22:59, Enyalis_Cho wrote:
I've seen some pretty scary stuff at cons. I think the scariest by far was a really fat older woman dressed as a girl getting raped by tentacles. She was wearing a tan body suit and had all these tentacles glued to it in interresting places. I have to admit.... it takes a mondo set of balls to walk around in something like that. I definately coudln't do it, and I'm disappointed that I ran out of film before I could take a pic of her so people wouldn't think I was lying. I've cosplayed as Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon, Kagero from Ninja Scroll, and Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew.

Probably they have it at the site where people would go from convention to convention to take pictures of cosplayers. I forgot what it is called again.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 02:39 AM
On 2003-07-13 00:34, Sharkyland wrote:

On 2003-07-12 22:59, Enyalis_Cho wrote:

Probably they have it at the site where people would go from convention to convention to take pictures of cosplayers. I forgot what it is called again.

Someone find this site please. I really wish to see that picture.

Vantamiath
Jul 13, 2003, 03:26 AM
http://www.hexawizards.com/cosplay/neko1/neko1-3/Goku.jpg

Keep on truckin'.

Ness
Jul 13, 2003, 03:56 AM
On 2003-07-13 01:26, Vantamiath wrote:
http://www.hexawizards.com/cosplay/neko1/neko1-3/Goku.jpg

Keep on truckin'.

That's almost as bad as the HUnewearl costume.

lain2k3
Jul 13, 2003, 11:17 AM
That HUnewearl costume is good! excellently made. ^ that on the other hand is.......uhh.........yeah.

Mazarin
Jul 13, 2003, 10:18 PM
Cry:

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showthread.php?threadid=4655

Sharkyland
Aug 4, 2003, 02:36 AM
I've been so busy preparing for this con that I haven't paid attention to this board for a while.