PDA

View Full Version : New group fic info(Soon to begin)

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 09:30 PM
Hey, guys, I say we start a new group fic... That other one, the vacation beach one... it was really crazy and stuff, but this one will be different.. I think. FIRST... we gotta think of a topic.

Post topic ideas like this:

Subject:
Main atmosphere:

(Subject being like "VACATION"
Atmosphere being like "HAPPY" "SERIOUS" "SAD")

We can always mix atmospheres like usual and stuff.

*shrugs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Musashi_D on 2003-07-14 12:05 ]</font>

DnaX
Jul 12, 2003, 10:11 PM
Hey! I say that's a great idea. Though i'm still writing in the other one lolz..
*I have a crazy mind so I have crazy ideas.*

Subject: Slumber Party (at mansion or something...)
Atomosphere: Crazy, happy, unusal (like always... lolz)

>.< X

PS- I might edit and have over ideas.

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 10:33 PM
We gotta have it funny, and have drinks ,and still post in the vaction topic cause it is still going strong.

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:01 PM
I don't know about that... Last time I checked, it was all people giving epilogues... and plus, it was getting boring. It seemed to be just the same thing over and over again and stuff... I wanted to start this because it's like... It can be a new adventure type deal or something... If ya know what I mean.

RubyEclipse
Jul 12, 2003, 11:05 PM
Theme: "The Ghetto of Pioneer 2"

Yeah, enough said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:09 PM
Hmmm... That could work!

I was planning on an adventure, like I said before, where it is serious, yet funny sometimes, full of fighting, comedy, some drama, etc.

I'd be up to expanding the idea of the "Pioneer 2 Slums"

What do you guys think of that as a title?

So, here's my idea. Like... We are all in the Pioneer 2 Slums, for some reason... either some of us live there, or are down there just because. All of our main characters somehow meet and stuff.. and like... We build a storyline off of the slums?

What do you guys say?
(If not, that's fine.)

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 11:10 PM
On 2003-07-12 21:01, Musashi_D wrote:
I don't know about that... Last time I checked, it was all people giving epilogues... and plus, it was getting boring. It seemed to be just the same thing over and over again and stuff... I wanted to start this because it's like... It can be a new adventure type deal or something... If ya know what I mean.

IT MUST HAVE THE FUNNY BECAUSE ADAM SANDLER SAID SO ALONG WITH CHRIS FARLEY.

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:12 PM
Man, slicer, don't get all crazy with me. Most of the stuff I read that you wrote wasn't that funny, no offense. Not saying my stuff was funny, because I don't even aim for that.

-.-;

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 11:16 PM
Well your opinion is your opinion and I can't change that, so enjoy writing your fan fic.

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:17 PM
Oops, sorry, I didn't see you responded... ^.^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Musashi_D on 2003-07-12 21:24 ]</font>

DnaX
Jul 12, 2003, 11:20 PM
Hey Musashi...I like ur idea about Pioneer 2 Slums.
Whats 'slums' anyways? *you can tell i'm dumb*

>.< X

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 11:22 PM
On 2003-07-12 21:17, Musashi_D wrote:
And see... Like the summer vacation fic is now turning into one of those romance books, anyway. Where's the action? Where's your so called "comedy"? I think when it was supposed to end was when it was supposed to. It seemed to have fallen apart at one point and people were dying to finish it.

*shrugs*

I'm a little harsh, sometimes, sorry about that, but someone has to agree that the other fic is boring now.

Just asking was there even a point to typing this statment? Except the fast that I ended it and your still going on.

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
On 2003-07-12 21:20, DnaX wrote:
Hey Musashi...I like ur idea about Pioneer 2 Slums.
Whats 'slums' anyways? *you can tell i'm dumb*

Slums are like... a broken down ghetto like place... ya know? Like, everything is all old, everyone is poor, they diseases, there's no police in that area... etc. Get me?

>D

DnaX
Jul 12, 2003, 11:32 PM
yups...

>.< X

Musashi_D
Jul 12, 2003, 11:40 PM
Alrighty, so all in favor for this idea, go ahead and say yes, or just begin the group fic. (What we can also do is start a new post, just for the group fic, but first I wanna know how many people actually wanna do the Pioneer 2 Slums... Yes, slicer, even you're welcome. >D )

DnaX
Jul 12, 2003, 11:45 PM
yes

>.< X

Slicer238
Jul 12, 2003, 11:50 PM
*Raises eyebrow* Alright dude I'm sorry about getting angry.

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 12:11 AM
Eh, I was thinking of adventure style though... I've done those types of things and it got complicated real fast though I'm trying to write a fanfiction trying to get every single person in the character bank.

Though this contest fanfiction is peeving me off right now.

Musashi_D
Jul 13, 2003, 12:13 AM
(To slicer:) I'm sorry for arguing with you, I was being a jerk.

(To DNAX:) Right on!

(To sharkyland:) Dude, I agree... the contest is pretty annoying, and ya, I think adventure style roxors.

So let's start it then?

Slicer238
Jul 13, 2003, 12:15 AM
Your a much bigger man that I thought, I would glady shake your hand if we were in person.

Musashi_D
Jul 13, 2003, 12:19 AM
heh... Thanks.... Hmm, I think I should start a new post for the group fic itself, I just don't want to do it right now.

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 12:22 AM
I dunno... but this is a suggestion... why make some rules so it becomes 'ordered' when people join...

Musashi_D
Jul 13, 2003, 12:46 AM
That's actually a great idea... But, it's 10:41 P.M., i'm sick, and tired right now. If anyone wants to help with the rules, post your ideas, but for now, i'm getting off.

Tenran
Jul 13, 2003, 12:47 AM
The 'slums' of Pioneer II would most likely have resulted in areas where things broke down, either technologically or socially, for whatever reason, but have yet to be fixed due to other areas and problems getting priority treatment. Eventually, such areas would drop off the priority lists altogether, especially as Pioneer II neared Ragol and the "problems" could be solved by transfering the occupants to the colonial effort.

Except that it seems now that solution is not viable until the mysteries of Ragol is solved. So once again, the 'slums' are bebining to attract the attention of a variety of conserns.

Not all of whom will have the best interests of the unfortunate residents of those areas in mind...

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 12:51 AM
Suggestion of a 'mock' roleplay, then start all over... or view the 'Summer Vacation' and diddle daddle with what needs to be changed.

Slicer238
Jul 13, 2003, 12:56 AM
Tenran what part of Pa you in?

Tenran
Jul 13, 2003, 01:07 AM
Dead center of Butler County, if you must know. More than that I will not say in an open form, nor in private messages for that matter.

Now, to bring the this thread back on topic before it drifts too much:

Will we be playing ourselves (our PSO World IDs that is), providing a backdrop of events for various characters, or something else?

Slicer238
Jul 13, 2003, 01:20 AM
Gees Tenran you act like I'm out to get you.

Tenran
Jul 13, 2003, 01:43 AM
Hehe... Sorry about that. That notice was more of an open policy statement than an accusation. I'm too old to be worried about internet predetors, so my policy is more to establish that I am not one myself. I probably should have either phrazed it better, or simply not have mentioned anything past what details I was willing to come forth with.

In any event, you have my appologies on the matter.

Now, this thread really is not the place for such a debate to take place, so any further comments on the matter should be handled through private messages or a new thread.

---------------------------

Now, a supposition: The 'slum' areas are regions on Pioneer II that are somewhat out of the way and do not contain vital systems that do not have back-ups, or even multiple back-ups, elsewhere. Redundant systems that were there more as a safety fallback than for actual day-to-day use.

Naturally, as Pioneer II drew closer to Ragol, the nead to maintain these redundant, inactive emergency systems grew less, and less resources were devoted to maintaining them. Resulting in lower wages, lost jobs, poor supervision, minimal civil authority, and growing criminal activity.

Problems that would go away once Pioneer II embarked on Ragol and employment opportunities in the colonial effort opened up. Except, of cource, that they didn't, and now the promice of an end to their poverty is likely to cause some restlessness, resentment, and even more criminal activity.

This is the likely backdrop of the Pioneer II 'slums'. As to what our characters are doing there...

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 01:59 AM
OFFTOPIC SUGGESTIONS:

- If we are going to make rules, then we should provide the following examples: well a story, characters entering the scene, interactions between characters, and battles. I accidently started a thread not know that Tenran here started one, but I'll continue this story and my story.

- I'll try not to update the post much because if it has some important stuff in it and everyone goes by it then somehow the fanfic will contradict with itself at some point.

- It'd probably be best if we limit quests (like ones we produce for hunters to go on) to a certain amount of people. I really don't want to see a quest be taken on by 50 people. That will get confusing as hell. I could handle 4 people a group though sometimes most of the people do have their characters go in groups.

---

BATTLE SUGGESTION:
- It's rather difficult that we have a group to deal with though probably it might be good if they work together unless you got one of those loners in there who wants to finish everything by themselves.

---

TYPICAL BATTLE:

[narrator]: A group of four walks into a room and finds 4 Ti Dimenians. Each of the Ti Dimenians split up so each battle would be one-on-one. [Dimenian A does this, B does this, C does this, and D does this.]

[character 1]: defends A, retailates

[character 2]: defends B, counterattacks

[character 3]: defends C, does nothing

[character 4]: gets hurt badly by D, needs to be healed asap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-13 00:29 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 02:14 AM
Marina viewed the slums from the comforts of the apartment. It seemed to get worse and worse everyday, and it didn't seem like the government wasn't doing much of anything. Though she is rather lucky that she became a hunter so she had some flow income coming her way. Stepping away from the window she looked over to Grey who was in a wheelchair due to that certain incident. Grey's mag, Rudra, circled above her head like a dog chasing it's tail, while Marina's 'Mag' slept in it's cardboard box filled with soft comfty blankets. Grey was on the computer searching the internet something that she never liked to do in the past but since she had been paralyzed waist down, there wasn't a lot of options she could do.

When Grey found the real truth of who she was when she was possessed by that spirit, it seemed like everything just went downhill for Grey, but thanks to Marina, Grey felt like she had to live for her sake. Marina sighed a bit as she looked at Grey wondering if there was a way to cure Grey from her paralysis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-13 00:16 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Jul 13, 2003, 09:06 AM
On 2003-07-12 23:59, Sharkyland wrote:
OFFTOPIC SUGGESTIONS:

- If we are going to make rules, then we should provide the following examples: well a story, characters entering the scene, interactions between characters, and battles. I accidently started a thread not know that Tenran here started one, but I'll continue this story and my story.

- I'll try not to update the post much because if it has some important stuff in it and everyone goes by it then somehow the fanfic will contradict with itself at some point.

- It'd probably be best if we limit quests (like ones we produce for hunters to go on) to a certain amount of people. I really don't want to see a quest be taken on by 50 people. That will get confusing as hell. I could handle 4 people a group though sometimes most of the people do have their characters go in groups.

---

BATTLE SUGGESTION:
- It's rather difficult that we have a group to deal with though probably it might be good if they work together unless you got one of those loners in there who wants to finish everything by themselves.

---

TYPICAL BATTLE:

[narrator]: A group of four walks into a room and finds 4 Ti Dimenians. Each of the Ti Dimenians split up so each battle would be one-on-one. [Dimenian A does this, B does this, C does this, and D does this.]

[character 1]: defends A, retailates

[character 2]: defends B, counterattacks

[character 3]: defends C, does nothing

[character 4]: gets hurt badly by D, needs to be healed asap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-13 00:29 ]</font>

Actually, Sharky, if we're going that route, why not turn it into a freeform IRC RPG. I can host the channel on a network I frequent quite often, and we can meet and play once a week. Afterwards, I can email you everyone an edited log, that I keep in mIRC.

What do you all think?

later

M_BlackHawk

Musashi_D
Jul 13, 2003, 01:21 PM
(Guys, guys, chill this out. I like your ideas, Sharkyland, but I can't go on IRC, and I want this to be a story, not an RPG, if ya know what I mean.

So let's run this by:

-I suggest that we write this fan fic one piece at a time. We begin with our character Intro's, kind of either explaining why their down there, or indirectly explaining such. Eventually, our characters will find themselves in the slums, and meet each other, in some way.

Either the story can develop off of 4 characters starting a quest that leads them down there, and then the quest gets deeper and deeper, kind of like developing a plot twist, and then they somehow intertwine with the other characters that are down there for different reasons, such as Musashi.

-The battles should be handled one writer at a time, but not severly in such a way.

What I mean is we shouldn't flood up this whole forum thing with

Musashi: Attacks Sinow Beat 1.

Instead, one writer will start out with like:

As Musashi and Logical2u were walking down the street, 2 thugs jumped out.

"Those frames look mighty expensive," One said.

"Yeah, let's get them," The other said.

The each thug took one of the warriors. Just as the first thug neared Musashi, he had sidestepped, and drew his agito in a quick strike.

Meanwhile, Logical2u pulled out his (Inferno Bazooka (I dunno his weapons)) and pulled the trigger just as the thug was at point blank.

Logical2u cocked his inferno bazooka, and put it away. Musashi stood back up, from his post-slice position, and sheathed his agito.

You guys see how that works? Now, obviously, we will have to, at one point before, post our characters (In the thing), their characteristics, weapons, and blah blah blah. Just copy and paste them in the new forum thingy, cause i'm going to start one.

-So that brings me to the overall way we should play this. In battle, try and make it exciting, don't make just your character seem so strong that he/she can finish a whole army with a blink,(And if you do, don't use that character in battle,) and try to describe the battle just a little.

-If you like, as well, in battle, you can start describing the battle, and then, like halfway through, just stop, and let the next person continue on.

So that's the whole idea. This fan fic will be a team effort.

Any other ideas?
(I will be posting the full, negotiated rules, at the end of this forum, and then we will really start the group fic, "Pioneer 2 Slums". First, though, I still need more ideas from you guys, and I need agreement, too.)

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2003, 09:44 PM
I don't have IRC either.

BOC
Jul 16, 2003, 05:03 PM
So..........When is this thing actually gonna start?

or has it started and i missed it in the middle of all that discussion?

give me a buzz when it is beginning Musashi, so i can poison your fic with my devilish posts OF DEATH http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PEACE!!!

Night_Shadow
Jul 16, 2003, 05:11 PM
I wanna be in it. It's gonna be crazy go nuts

Deathscythealpha
Jul 16, 2003, 05:35 PM
Bah, this feels like me pimping out my old topics, but if you want an idea for how a serious group fic would work, cheack out one of my old ones from last year;

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31701&forum=12&max_posts=114

With DH2 and other group fics ive participated(sp?) in its ended up as first come first serve on the posting. We tried not to post consecutively, but if it looked like the fic was dying down before it was finished, someone just posted to keep it alive.

The current ideas for this group fic seem cool, and ill happily participate (gah, that word again, SP?), ive got a new character that i want to try and roleplay for a bit anyhow.

Cant wait for it to start.

Musashi_D
Jul 16, 2003, 05:51 PM
Ok, then...

If I'm going to start it, I will start an entirely new topic and start it on FRIDAY.

I'm sorry, i'm going to busy today and tomorrow, as account of my whole "getting the insurance and license for the car." thing, so bare with me.

If you guys want to start it sooner, then you may start the thread, naming it: "Pioneer 2 Slums". I'll be happy to bud in when I can, and you guys are welcome to start it earlier.

Anyone who is up for being in it, you are all welcome to do so. I hope this will be a shining example of a crazy go nuts un-crapful group fic.

(Strong Bad rules!)

>D

Logical2u
Jul 16, 2003, 06:16 PM
Ok, I'll be joining up fairly quick.
PS:I use a Justy-23st or RedHandgun

Hunter_Daigoyin
Jul 16, 2003, 06:19 PM
Hm, I say go with it. I missed the first (even if it's still on) and the idea is unique. Don't like it a lit, but it's unique. Besides, that's my opinion, which is like... *thinks of a saying-like line) one grain of sand on the beach. OKAY, THAT DIDN'T GO WELL!

Edit: AHA! A grain of sand in a vast desert parched of any water! That's a good one! Hm.... might also stall me until the next chapter of my fic. I MUST GET STARTED ON THAT!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hunter_Daigoyin on 2003-07-16 16:21 ]</font>

Outrider
Jul 16, 2003, 06:21 PM
Dang... and I really wanted to be in this fic... but I won't be home till late on Friday, and I think I'm gonna be gone all weekend. Well, if it's still going, I'll jump in.

Just a suggestion: Wouldn't it make sense to say one of the Sections is the general slum-like area? Like, Redria for instance, if only for the fact that it doesn't seem to have any specific industries or anything. All the other Sections seem to focus on some business (by weapon-type, I mean) however the Redria one doesn't. So the slums could be in that section. Either that, or whichever section seems to be used the most.

Then again, Redria means I might live in the slums. Eesh.

Logical2u
Jul 16, 2003, 06:24 PM
I wouldnt think SLums would be classified by one ID. They are probably called Low-Class Bluefull/Redria/Yellowboze/etc...

Outrider
Jul 16, 2003, 11:02 PM
That's also possible. I was saying that it might be that one section just happens to be a lot larger than any other, and due to that has a large range of demographics living within it. Both the rich and the poor.

Musashi_D
Jul 16, 2003, 11:58 PM
Actually, my idea includes that the levels are so low, on the actual bottom of the Pioneer 2, that they aren't classed in a section ID at all.