PDA

View Full Version : Slim FastŪ Commercial..

Delsaber
Jul 12, 2003, 11:32 PM
I just saw a Slim Fast commercial while watching TV... On this commercial, one of the paid actors says, "I wasted to much time being fat."

Is that not offensive? What about people who cannot help being overweight? They get the message that they are wasting their time and their life is worthless. That is a lovely message...

That bugs me.

Delsaber says: Slim Fast tastes bad and should be boycotted.

Dime
Jul 12, 2003, 11:33 PM
I guess you're right, fat people ARE easily offended after all...

Delsaber
Jul 12, 2003, 11:35 PM
Well, some of them.

And some overweight folk sue fast food restuarants for making them the way they are. I can't sue my parents for giving me life, can I?

Captain_Dude
Jul 12, 2003, 11:48 PM
Bah, I'm fat, and I admit that it helps contribute to my wasted life, and vice versa.

I don't care what people say. Hell, a commercial could come up saying "Hey you fat piece of trash! Lose weight now! Otherwise you're useless and have no value. Diet or die lonely! You decide!" and I wouldn't care. I may or may not lose weight in my life. I may or may not live the life I could. I don't care, life is just a carnival ride for me. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make sure that my life is fun and ends when it should. I don't care what else happens in the amount of time given to me by the almight giant, solid-gold monkey who I woship (Named "Mikey").

I'm fat, I don't care, it ain't slowing me down. Well... phyiscally it is, but you know what I mean.

Delsaber
Jul 12, 2003, 11:56 PM
I am 5'11" and 235lbs. So, I am husky.. very husky. I don't care. But that is kinda rude, and asshole-like. Then again, I am an asshole(sometimes). Bah.. I'm tired.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 12:19 AM
Hell, I'm 6'1 (somewhere around there atleast) and about 200 lbs. So I'm overweight. But I don't let it bother me.
People can call me worthless, or useless, and I don't care.

I think you humans are too sensative, we should start living like bonobo monkies! SEX SEX SEX SEX! That's all the world really needs!

Delsaber
Jul 13, 2003, 12:24 AM
Big people are usually strong people. Hell, I am lazy. I can bench press 230lbs. I know people who work out everyday and can only do 150...

Nerd
Jul 13, 2003, 12:27 AM
I think they intended that the message be taken like "i was held back too long by my size, which kept me from the lifestyle i would have prefered(sp), and the self-esteem a fit body provides."

Not so much "i am a gelatinous waste of mammalian flesh and i deserve a quick death!"

To each their own, i used to be 230 (im also 5'11") but now am around 170. I know both ends of the spectrum here.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 12:27 AM
Hmm... I'm rather weak, and I embrace my weakness!

I intend to become smaller (I do not wish to be fit, I wish to be underweight, then my look would suit my personality better). I'm more of the therapist that the weight lifter.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 12:29 AM
Well whatever.
People are too caught up on appearance. I think perhaps I'll just have my brain removed and attached to a computer.

EDIT: I fixded something, yay!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-12 22:30 ]</font>

Delsaber
Jul 13, 2003, 12:30 AM
I'm not a weightlifter either. I just did it so my asshole friend would stop calling me a pansy for not going to weightlifting class. Needless to say, he stopped bothering me afterwards.

I am trying to lose weight. A low metabolism doesn't help much.

mystic_knight
Jul 13, 2003, 12:34 AM
Actually fat people in general aren't offended easily apparently since fat people and white people are the only groups of people that won't sue if they are made fun of. I mean, crack 1 gay or black or hispanic joke in a movie or television show and your Satan. But make fun of a fat white guy and "Ha ha, its funny because he's fat!!" I mean seriously, how many Anna Nicole jokes have you heard since she got her show?

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 12:34 AM
On 2003-07-12 22:30, Delsaber wrote:
I'm not a weightlifter either. I just did it so my asshole friend would stop calling me a pansy for not going to weightlifting class. Needless to say, he stopped bothering me afterwards.

I am trying to lose weight. A low metabolism doesn't help much.

Go on the subway diet!
In an attempt to lose weight I walk a few miles a day and eat a subway sandwhich!

I want to be able to appear on a subway commercial and make money. I don't really care about how much weight I lose, I just want money.

Captain_Dude
Jul 13, 2003, 12:37 AM
On 2003-07-12 22:34, mystic_knight wrote:
Actually fat people in general aren't offended easily apparently since fat people and white people are the only groups of people that won't sue if they are made fun of. I mean, crack 1 gay or black or hispanic joke in a movie or television show and your Satan. But make fun of a fat white guy and "Ha ha, its funny because he's fat!!" I mean seriously, how many Anna Nicole jokes have you heard since she got her show?

You can make black or hispanic jokes... You just have to be black or hispanic.

Heh, if I ever get a gig doing standup I'll offend everybody. Atleast I can hide behind being a jew. Well... I'm Jewish-ish, I really have my own special religious thing that I'll follow until someone can prove that there really is a god, and give me reason to worship him.

Guile
Jul 13, 2003, 12:39 AM
If you think you can just go around like normal and just replace a meal with Slim Fast and get healthy and slim..your fucking mistaken.

mystic_knight
Jul 13, 2003, 12:42 AM
On 2003-07-12 22:37, Captain_Dude wrote:

You can make black or hispanic jokes... You just have to be black or hispanic.

Heh, if I ever get a gig doing standup I'll offend everybody. Atleast I can hide behind being a jew. Well... I'm Jewish-ish, I really have my own special religious thing that I'll follow until someone can prove that there really is a god, and give me reason to worship him.

Yeah, I thought about that right after I posted that =P