PDA

View Full Version : I give up.

Obscenity
Jul 13, 2003, 07:23 AM
Neither side of the duping/legit thing will ever agree, and while I fall on neither side squarely, I tend to be sympathetic to the dupers, if for no other reason that the anti-dupers tend to instigate most of the incessant arguing. I've never seen a duper say anything along the lines of "Legits suck! Everyone should play the way I do!". They don't care how you self-proclaimed "legits" play. Any sort of intelligent discussion on the matter more often than not regresses into childish name-calling and the like. I'm not saying I'm any better or worse. I've just realized that for me, enough is enough. This particular forum is no longer fun for me to post in, or even read anymore. I'm not saying that I've changed my mind about anything I may have posted here previously, either. I'm just saying that I'm human, and I can only tolerate so much ignorance. Most of said ignorance coming from the anti-dupers. Anyway, whether you care or not, I'm sick of Cheaters. I'll see you in General, where it remains relatively civil.

RagMasterRappy
Jul 13, 2003, 08:37 AM
That was quick

SC2
Jul 13, 2003, 10:10 AM
Wow, only a few posts and he's leaving, DOES THAT TELL US SOMETHING? I think so!

backlash
Jul 13, 2003, 02:50 PM
On 2003-07-13 05:23, Obscenity wrote:
Neither side of the duping/legit thing will ever agree, and while I fall on neither side squarely, I tend to be sympathetic to the dupers, if for no other reason that the anti-dupers tend to instigate most of the incessant arguing. I've never seen a duper say anything along the lines of "Legits suck! Everyone should play the way I do!". They don't care how you self-proclaimed "legits" play. Any sort of intelligent discussion on the matter more often than not regresses into childish name-calling and the like.

It's called double standards, or bias. one side gets away with breaking the "rules" of this forum constantly, while the other side has no prayer of getting their side out. Which for the most part only comes out in defence of their side... like you said we don't come out and say things like "legits suck" We just say we prefer to play the way WE want to play. and we get flammed for doing so.

Aurra
Jul 13, 2003, 03:05 PM
Actually someone just spammed this forum with "Legits suck!" threads http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Omegar
Jul 13, 2003, 04:17 PM
Obscenity Posted: 2003-07-13 05:23
Neither side of the duping/legit thing will ever agree

I totally agree with this, there is just too many hard-headed people on either side for this "war" to ever see an armistice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omegar on 2003-07-13 14:20 ]</font>

shadow_fox
Jul 13, 2003, 10:01 PM
On 2003-07-13 13:05, Aurra wrote:
Actually someone just spammed this forum with "Legits suck!" threads http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that was me they gave me two warnings sayin that they will ban me.I even told everoen where they can find out how to dupe there was like 30 people lookin for it but the morons didnt signup to the forum

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shadow_fox on 2003-07-13 20:04 ]</font>

Gladiator-at-XBoxLive
Jul 13, 2003, 10:58 PM
You dont see much dupers and hackers running around saying legits suck because they know what there doing is Taking the Easy way out Therefore they are the ones who really suck if they cant do it the Conventional or "Hard" way.

Tenton
Jul 14, 2003, 12:35 AM
:) that was me they gave me two warnings sayin that they will ban me.I even told everoen where they can find out how to dupe there was like 30 people lookin for it but the morons didnt signup to the forum

so it is u....well i really think what u did is meaningless or even childish. Most people know the duping glitch already, it is all over the pso(just play ult for a few round). i really think dupers r the one who start the fight. I mean, if all dupers keep their mouth shot, no one will ever know there r dupe, and players wont have to fight between legit and dupe.

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2003, 02:01 AM
Meh... I think getting duped weapons is stupid and pointless, since you might actually learn how to play the game if you went looking for the items legit. Hey, somewhere in 30 or so levels on Ult with no good weapons whatsoever, I learned how to be a pretty damn good player! I'm offline only so I have no Force on my team wiping my ass with S/D and Resta, so I've had to learn how J/Z enemies, use strategy, judge the best weapon for the situation... I have powerful weapons now, yes, because I've put insane amounts of time into looking for them with various characters, and most of those are Forces, and that's taught me how to use Forces effectively. I even know how to be a support Force from playing with my boyfriend. Would I be as good if I were online and I'd decided to be stupid and get a bunch of dupes? No. I wouldn't have learned anything. But I had nothing but crap weapons, and I did learn how to play. And there's a certain thrill you get when that rare monster you've been piping for hours shows up, and an even bigger one when that shiny red box that says 'SPECIAL WEAPON' drops. Using duped weapons is stupid. Nobody cares about how powerful your BKB and TJ-sword. They care about how well you play. I can melee Ult Forest with a 0/0/0/0 Saber, and do it safely, because I know what I'm doing. I don't need power. And if you learn how to play right, neither do you.
That said, I'm not entirely against duping. I can understand making a backup of your weapons you spent countless hours to obtain in case of FSOD. I see nothing wrong with that, you earned the damned thing, if you lose it to FSOD it's not your fault, you shouldn't have to suffer because ST sucks. o_O I see too many threads about that. I'll probably give up and do that if I ever get online. I've already sullied my legitness anyway, I know how to dupe and I've done it(And no, I will not tell you how). I duped an AddSlot, then took a Photon Drop out of my bank, dropped it on the floor and quit. ST can go to hell, it's damn near impossible to find the bloody things offline and easy and cheap online, so I'll exploit their stupid game and ditch one of my umpteen worthless pdrops, just like if I was online. Bah on you ST. *bitter*

But yeah. Duping weapons and spreading them, and using duped weapons you didn't earn == Bad. Duping weapons you earned in case of FSOD == Good. Duping AddSlots and throwing away those bleeding useless pdrops == Symptom of righteous annoyance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

You can all hate me now. I'm going to bed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2003-07-14 00:07 ]</font>

shadow_fox
Jul 14, 2003, 10:46 AM
see now these stupid legits gotta come here and rune there mouth- here is a clue for u legits no one cares what u have to say we have heard it all many times before- u tell us what u think about duping in every topic under this section

Skankhair
Jul 14, 2003, 11:08 AM
"You dont see much dupers and hackers running around saying legits suck because they know what there doing is Taking the Easy way out Therefore they are the ones who really suck if they cant do it the Conventional or "Hard" way."

Finding an item due to CHANCE requires no more skill than having one given to you.

Being legit requires no more skill or time than using hacked or duped items.

Some morons think that being legit gives you honor, or means you earned your items. You aren't. You don't. Being legit means you found your items, by chance. You didn't earn them, you got lucky.

People that "cheat" have just as much skill and honor as those that don't.

Another fallacy is that using "cheated" items ruins the fun. For some it may. For others it does not. Some people play the game to find items. For them, cheating would ruin the game. Some people play to USE cool items and to lvl their character. For them, NOT cheating ruins the game.

I have done both, and I find cheating to be FAR more fun. The way in which I "cheat" doesn't hurt anyone in any way.

If "hardcore" legits could only understand these simple facts, there wouldn't be as many PSO Nazis out there.

If someone plays the game the way THEY want to play (not thee way some legit assholes believe EVERYONE should play), and doesn't hurt anyone else's experience, they are "legit" in my eyes.

I use duped God/Mind++s, and hacked rare mags. And I am a legit player. I have fun, and hurt no one.

The people that put down others for the items they use: THEY hurt people's experience. They are the cheaters. Even if you have 100% legit items- if you look down on people for the way they play, as long as that way doesn't hurt others, you are a damn dirty cheater.

It's a simple concept: Cheating doesn't ALWAYS hurt anyone. I had a lvl 200 legit mind mag. But I liked how the Devil's Wing looked more. So I stopped using my legit Mind mag, and started using a lvl 200 Devil's Wing Mind mag. Is this cheating? Yes. Does it make my character better? No. Does it lower the amount of fun I have? No, it increases it. Does it hurt anyone in any way? No. Does it hurt the PSO trade economy? Nope.

So instead of bitching about cheating, bitch about people (cheaters or otherwise) that hurt other player's game experience. Shouters, dupe traders, people that flame, steal etc...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-14 09:15 ]</font>

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 14, 2003, 12:05 PM
I use duped God/Mind++s, and hacked rare mags. And I am a legit player. I have fun, and hurt no one.
ummm...Do you use those god/minds and that sato on your "legit character"?

I had a lvl 200 legit mind mag
not tryin to be an asshole here, but is that also the 200 MIND sato, or was it a say...5,25,10,170?

Omegar
Jul 14, 2003, 03:01 PM
Well said Skankhair.

Blade666
Jul 14, 2003, 03:07 PM
Well said i say and everyone its true they do suck and the hackers know they cant play games like we can so they go to do is hack and get there guyz to the best but really you all can beat a hacker if you are a high level and i did once and it felt good so try to beat one up or use a force cause its funny what they say http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

~Blade Master~

Creasian
Jul 14, 2003, 11:09 PM
course also to be completly fair... Many hackers enjoy the challenge of what they do. More times than not, the hackers who just enjoy hacking do not try and ruin everyone else's game. Remember manytime people have a motive to learn such things, sometimes it innocent sometimes its not. Hacking is in a sense evil, but dosent meant he person doingit is useing it to do bad. Just like useing a gun, their meant for one thing, but that dosent mean the person using it has to use it to do such a bad thing. say you hack into your friends computer to fix a virus that got into his system, you used a bad thing, to stop another bad thing, both are bad, but one was used to stop the other. So its very hard for everyone to just say hackers suck, i mean we do need to keep things alittle more civil with everyone. There might be hackers on pso none of you know about and no one really does, as they keep to themselves same as everyone else does.

The fine points of gaming, be it black, white, or gray line, they all should be welcomed. To have such a taskforce agaist something, you create a self proclaimed taboo of the act. Once that is established, some people see taboo as something tobe broken, and thus thats their reasoning, and more time than not the anger backing it all will come back to the ones who saw it fit to say what is right or wrong. So by being so upset and angry over sometimes small things, you make it much bigger because people know how to get under your skin. If there isnt as much anger about it all, i would think many would find less reason to try and upset people who arent going to get upset by it... maybe that made sense maybe it didnt.