PDA

View Full Version : Without help my PSO days are over!

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 12:50 AM
Please I need someone to tell me what ISP they use for dreamcast other than SEGANET!

I was using Free Seganet then NetZero but now NOTHING works! I'm willing to pay a little every month but does anyone know if the $5 ATT service is compatible?

Please help me even if its just your ISP info cause im totally obsessed with PSO and hope that I can get back to it as soon as possible

Glider
Mar 18, 2001, 12:59 AM
The reason netzero isn't working might be because you are limited to 40 hours a month. Any ISP should work as long as it doesn't need a program to run (like AOL)

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 01:07 AM
Ive gone t the Free ISP message boards and i dont think NetZero is working for ANYBODY....

What ISP do u use Gilder or anyone else who wants to help..

StorMRideR
Mar 18, 2001, 01:12 AM
I use MSN. it works fine for me, and cost around $21 a month

Glider
Mar 18, 2001, 01:14 AM
I use a local ISP called Star Power(I think it's local. It used to be called Erol's but then Star Power bought it)

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 01:28 AM
Thanks for your help.....but I already have AOL and 40 dollars a month is bit much for internet..no? Cant switch cause I share the account....I'm gonna try a new netzero account I hope it works....Does anyone use ATT 5 dollar service to get on? That seems like a good deal...lol

f0rge
Mar 18, 2001, 01:31 AM
i use bluelight, it's free and it works very well.

try www.dreamcastfun.com

they have quite a comprehensive list of free isps

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 01:37 AM
Wow..thanks...how do u usebluelight? i tried the rsspy thing and it didnt work? is it the same username s normal or does it have the email at the back? Do you think u could help me w/ he details...thanks in advance

Cyanide
Mar 18, 2001, 01:46 AM
Well I emailed Sega about this very same problem... They said that you need to know if the server is 1. PPP compliant and 2. IF it doesn't require software downloading. They then stated a few that worked... SegaNet
Earthlink
AT&T Worldnet
Mindspring
Bellsouth
MSN
the ones they said that won't work was AOL and any Free ISP. Hope that helps

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 01:47 AM
WOW IM REALLY DUMB!!!

I just made a new NetZero name and it works perfect..thanks for the suggestion. I guess they either deleted my last one or my hours ran out. Either way Ill just stick with this. I dont care if i have to make 10 thousand names i need my PSO! Well im gonna go play now..lol

DMB
Mar 18, 2001, 03:11 AM
I use juno but i don't know if it works on PSO yet.

Seutekh
Mar 18, 2001, 05:23 AM
Juno *DOES* work on PSO. I use it myself. Check out www.dreamcastfun.com for all the info on how it works.

You don't have to keep recreating names, and it works just fine. Been using it for almost a month now, and no problems yet.

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 09:50 PM
Thanx Im gonna try Juno cause now on my new netzero name it says thta the hours ran out...im confused. Anyway, now DreamcastFun.com is up again so its all good.

BTW does Juno have an hour limit?

Lugnut
Mar 18, 2001, 10:11 PM
I used to use Netzero but I felt the connections were never 100% reliable. Plus, having to worry about the 40 hour internet cap sucks. So... I resurrected my Juno account and used the information on www.dreamcastfun.com to decode the name and password for my account. Now, my connections are MUCH MUCH more reliable and 100 times more stable. Then again, it could just be my area's numbers (Tampa, FL). Anyways, I recommend Juno. =)

OtakuDC
Mar 18, 2001, 10:42 PM
That's awesome! Im currently in the process of downloading Juno~56k sucks ALOT.

I knew there had to be something better than NetZero. Thanx for the advice!

Seutekh
Mar 18, 2001, 11:01 PM
Trust me, I know the pain of 56k.

On the upside, since you're bypassing Juno's front end (the program it uses to connect) it has NO limit. Use it as long as you want without fear.

EDekar
Mar 18, 2001, 11:28 PM
Much as I hate to say this, my friend and I have been using Juno since about the time that PSO came out. Now for some reason, neither of us can connect...we've been testing it and my friend discovered that it's Juno's fault. So we were going to use Netzero...now I find out that they have a 40 hour limit. ::sighs::

Anyone have any other free ISP's left? I'd go to check out DCFun, except it never seems to be up when I want to visit them. Bah...

OtakuDC
Mar 19, 2001, 01:04 AM
I'm actually writing this post from my Juno-connectd Dreamcast so I dont know what your problem might be. DCfun.com is currently up and I used their method and it works great!

Well anyway once again I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions..I hope this ISP is finnally the one...lol

See you on PSO im Achtung a HuMar and u can find me at Titania 7......