PDA

View Full Version : Elly person.

Cengah
Jul 13, 2003, 04:06 PM
I just started playing episode two last night, just to see how it was. I'm sure most of you know this already but Elly your operator is the same Elly from episode one in the quest when you have to search for Calus.

I guess this really doesnt matter too much but its funny how she is all in love with him and everything.

Sunblast
Jul 13, 2003, 04:35 PM
I thought that was pretty cool, too. Besides, she's your operator, just like in "The Matrix"! But, really, you shouldn't post a thread about that. People are gonna think you're weird.

Reenee
Jul 13, 2003, 04:47 PM
*grabs the thread starter by the shirt neck*

She is not in frickin' love with him. If you clearly paid attention in the quest, you'd see it was her "friend" she was worried about.

Jebus Chrysler, people these days...

Too angry...must...eat...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-07-13 14:48 ]</font>

Cengah
Jul 13, 2003, 05:00 PM
Actually Shapiro if you listen to what she say's, you'll understand that she is very infatuated with calus. I mean she even calls him cal for short. I'm not exactly saying she is in love with him but i'm just saying how close she is to a computer. Besides you can be in love with your friends in a different way.

Monomate
Jul 13, 2003, 05:45 PM
its strange how she doesn't remember YOU though, the hunter that helped save her 'sexy' friend who she obviously adores...

has anybody else noticed the fact that she reintroduces herself and everything and just generally seems to not know you...i just think that's odd...

Nai_Calus
Jul 13, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-07-13 15:45, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
its strange how she doesn't remember YOU though, the hunter that helped save her 'sexy' friend who she obviously adores...

has anybody else noticed the fact that she reintroduces herself and everything and just generally seems to not know you...i just think that's odd...

I never really thought it was odd. I mean, she was going through a lot of shit at the time, y'know? First being worried about her friend, and then depressed as hell because he was dead. Somehow, I think the last thing on your mind then would be remembering just exactly who the hell it was that was with you then. I think you'd remember the pain more.

And she may not love Cal, but she sure as hell has one heck of a crush on him, what with the way she blabbers at you in KOH. Poor thing. You feel so sorry for her. And then wonder what the hell happened to turn her so completely bloody insane by Ep2. @_@;;;

Monomate
Jul 13, 2003, 07:15 PM
On 2003-07-13 17:07, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2003-07-13 15:45, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:

I never really thought it was odd. I mean, she was going through a lot of shit at the time, y'know? First being worried about her friend, and then depressed as hell because he was dead. Somehow, I think the last thing on your mind then would be remembering just exactly who the hell it was that was with you then. I think you'd remember the pain more.

And she may not love Cal, but she sure as hell has one heck of a crush on him, what with the way she blabbers at you in KOH. Poor thing. You feel so sorry for her. And then wonder what the hell happened to turn her so completely bloody insane by Ep2. @_@;;;

if it were me i'd sure as hell remember who helped me save my best friend (and i'd be sure they were well rewarded...) i'd remember them even more if my best friend ended up dying! then we'd likely become good friends. and if i could copy my best friend's data onto a clone then we'd all three be best friends...although maybe not...maybe im just rambling...*your just rambling...* ah...thought so...

Milky
Jul 14, 2003, 06:40 AM
Maybe she doesnt remember you because the ep2 Elly is the evil twin of the ep 1 Elly? Or maybe the other way around, ep1 Elly is more evil.

Random thought for the day unleashed on the world there

J-
Jul 14, 2003, 01:57 PM
Actually, She is the rare form of the poison lily -the ELLY LILY - the most annoying of the lily family with an uncanny ability to kill you with her senseless devulging of information you'll never need.

HOWEVER, there is a cure to this infectious monster- With a rapid pressing of the "A" button you can end the pain and rid yourself of a prolonged conversation

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J- on 2003-07-14 12:04 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2003, 03:20 PM
On 2003-07-14 11:57, J- wrote:
Actually, She is the rare form of the poison lily -the ELLY LILY - the most annoying of the lily family with an uncanny ability to kill you with her senseless devulging of information you'll never need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J- on 2003-07-14 12:04 ]</font>

I -knew- it! It all makes perfect sense now. Damn, why didn't I see it before? Of course she gets on my nerves, she's another one of those shitfucking Lillies! Rarrrgh! Now she -really- has to die. *loads up PSO and takes Elly clone into Battle Mode* Mmm, Rule One, a 3-slot Frame, 3 God/HPs and Ian-Kun with his Red Handgun. Although Rule 3 can be fun too. ^^

Firocket1690
Jul 15, 2003, 09:20 AM
damn, SotH Elly is hott ^_~ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

J-
Jul 15, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-07-15 07:20, Firocket1690 wrote:
damn, SotH Elly is hott ^_~ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NOOOOOO!!! We lost another one...

OnnaWren
Jul 15, 2003, 12:56 PM
Bah. So Elly's a mechaphile. So what?

In a society integrated with DNA-altered Numan hybrids, AIs and Androids, I don't see it a bit out of place to have a Numan/AI romance. Or a Numan/Android one. Or Palman/Android. Or Palman/Numan. Or whatever.

"Beauty is in the eye" and all that crap.

Personally, I give a tip of the headgear to the scriptwriters for including her in Episode II. Societal commentary on tolerance notwithstanding, she's a welcome addition to the mix, IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-07-15 11:03 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 04:07 PM
On 2003-07-15 10:56, OnnaWren wrote:
Bah. So Elly's a mechaphile. So what?

In a society integrated with DNA-altered Numan hybrids, AIs and Androids, I don't see it a bit out of place to have a Numan/AI romance. Or a Numan/Android one. Or Palman/Android. Or Palman/Numan. Or whatever.

"Beauty is in the eye" and all that crap.

Personally, I give a tip of the headgear to the scriptwriters for including her in Episode II. Societal commentary on tolerance notwithstanding, she's a welcome addition to the mix, IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-07-15 11:03 ]</font>

I don't particularily mind her tastes, it's that she talks about them constantly. And I mean, if nasty evil psycho robots were trying to kill you, would you -really- want someone to say they were cute? >_>;;; And even when she's not blabbing on about cute psycho death robots or Cal, she's still blabbing endlessly about something else. The woman never shuts up. @_@ X_X

Yeah, Elly is pretty cool though. I mean, how many people's reaction to finding out that the best friend they had a crush on was a computer would be the equivalent of "Oh, ok. Well, whatever"? Elly doesn't particularily care what Cal is, she likes him regardless. You've gotta respect that. El's a cool girl. She just talks too damn much. ;-P And resembles a wet kleenex in battle. 6 damage to a Sinow Beat and getting knocked to the floor every other second drives you crazy after a while.

OnnaWren
Jul 15, 2003, 06:30 PM
Personally, I'd like to see (if, indeed Episode III is as closely knit as the other two) Dr. Jean Carlo Montague build Calus an Android body... kind of like Rami, in Gene Roddenberry's "Andromeda".

Then I bet Elly could have her silicon wafer and eat it too... ooh, naughty! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-07-15 16:30, OnnaWren wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see (if, indeed Episode III is as closely knit as the other two) Dr. Jean Carlo Montague build Calus an Android body... kind of like Rami, in Gene Roddenberry's "Andromeda".

Then I bet Elly could have her silicon wafer and eat it too... ooh, naughty! :wink:

That's horrible. I love it. XD

I don't think the Lab would be too happy about it, though, since they kind of do use Cal.

And EpIII is supposed to be 21 years after Ep2, if Newman lifespans really are kind of short, wouldn't both Elly and Montague kind of, y'know, be dead? ...And wouldn't that be depressing for Cal, y'know, knowing Elly'll be dead in a few years. X_x; Cue the sad music and sakura petals or something. Angst. But yeah, it would be nice if those two could get together somehow, considering how goddamned depressing everything -else- is in the game. >P

Firocket1690
Jul 15, 2003, 09:22 PM
*huggles Elly* ^_~

Artemidorus
Jul 15, 2003, 10:59 PM
Well I liked Elly's personality! And ooo yes! *pull out high pitched, squeeky, vally girl voice* she is like soooooooo popular with the robots! It's like ohmygodohmygodohmygod COOL! And she like is like way less annoying then Bernie! Like yeah ohmygod! Someone should complain about him wondering why your still alive or just, like, being there! Ugh! *cool down to a normal voice*
Ciao, toodles, au revoir, salut, bye, see ya, smooches!*~*

Cengah
Jul 15, 2003, 11:02 PM
Well this got weird.

Firocket1690
Jul 16, 2003, 05:09 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hee hee http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J-
Jul 16, 2003, 12:44 PM
...hmm... Now that you mention Bernie, why is it that you have to make an idiot out of yourself by telling him that you do believe it was a pleasure boat to get on with the quest, and why the heck can't we open doors like he can? I would like to stroll past death gunners once and a while. Did I sense some sarcasticity in his voice when he said, "I detect some enemies, I'm glad your with me."

Another thing. Why in the world would Kireek (lvl 185) be doing a quest for $500, He could be helping that old geezer, what was his name again, kill 99 enemies, or could be killing that SOB dark falz.

Cengah
Jul 16, 2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah i seriously think that Bernie is just being sarcastic when he says that stuff.

As for Kireek, he should be doing something bigger than the very first quest in the game, but i guess they just wanted some high level guy to be your teacher.

Yeah i think it was Sue. It looked just like her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cengah on 2003-07-16 13:24 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Jul 16, 2003, 03:22 PM
Actually, there is no real indication that Numans' lifespans are short on the whole other than the one during the one side quest...

Was that Sue, BTW?

And to Ian-kun:

Rami can be in two places at once, kind of- the Android body serves as an extension of herself, much like I figured that Cal could do the same, with a little help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-07-16 13:24 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 16, 2003, 08:01 PM
On 2003-07-16 13:22, OnnaWren wrote:

Rami can be in two places at once, kind of- the Android body serves as an extension of herself, much like I figured that Cal could do the same, with a little help.

Ahh, I see. That could work, yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif As long as they didn't make Cal a RAcast. >P HUcasts are ugly too. Maybe they could make him look somewhat vaguely human or something. Although I suspect Elly wouldn't give much of a damn. ^_-; Heh... Considering how much of a technophile Elly seems to be, would she like Cal -less- if he were human? ;-P

Para
Jul 16, 2003, 11:19 PM
elly is pretty cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

OnnaWren
Jul 17, 2003, 11:07 AM
Ian-kun: A HUcast's appearance (sans helmet) may be all in the eye of the beholder... I think that THIS PIC (http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/fanart/hiko5.jpg) says it all, really.

And who says that there are no Wren-types aboard Pioneer II? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for Elly, well, I doubt that she would have a problem with it just so long as Cal remained a machine. And, AFAIK, there's no way, even for the best and brightest of Pioneer II to turn an inorganic being into an organic one. The other way around, maybe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-07-17 09:11 ]</font>

Cengah
Jul 17, 2003, 04:59 PM
That would be weird.
To say, have cal be put into a hucast body. I know it couldnt happy but i'm sure elly would be happy.

OnnaWren
Jul 21, 2003, 12:13 PM
BUMP (if such things are allowed here)

Simply because I think the topic is worthy of being carried on with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Benoit
Jul 21, 2003, 03:08 PM
It sure is, OnnaWren. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(I'm the same Benoit from PSCave, and no I haven't been following you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Elly and Calus were friends, but they seemed a bit more when studying their dialogue. After the events of the quest, she probably realized how much she loves machines. And that backup she made of Calus probably ended up in the Lab, but how is unknown.

Elly is my favourite NPC. I was so happy to see her again in Episode 2. I even got some tears in my eyes back then. Yeah, she talks a lot, but there's nothing you can do about it, and she's pretty interesting anyway.

As for why she doesn't remember you, I guess it's the fact that you can choose to start Episode 2 before Episode 1, and thus not having known her. However, Flowen does talk about waiting for the red one's savior... Or maybe because it's possible that you would never have met Elly in Episode 1 because you never did that quest. But they could have put in an event change that would happen if you finished that quest on the same difficulty. Oh well...

OnnaWren
Jul 21, 2003, 03:36 PM
(I'm the same Benoit from PSCave (http://www.pscave.com), and no, I haven't been following you.)

Suuuuure. That's what they all say. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I think that Elly had an infatuation with the mechanical long before "Knowing One's Heart". Again, a society with Androids and such as fully functioning (as it were) members of Pioneer society would eventually lead to such.

As for the backup Elly made of Calus (spelled at the top of the kiosk, "CALS"- does anyone know why the extra "u"? Pronunciation purposes, perhaps?), it did wind up in the Lab; it's not so much a mystery of how he did, but, rather, how Elly did. She probably has the job at the Lab by his request.

Benoit
Jul 21, 2003, 08:00 PM
By his request? No, when she walked in, they just couldn't find a reason to refuse her. So she works there now.

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2003, 08:07 PM
On 2003-07-21 18:00, Benoit wrote:
By his request? No, when she walked in, they just couldn't find a reason to refuse her. So she works there now.

LOL, I wish -I- could get a job that easily.
I'll bet she probably works there because she's the one who had the backup of Cal. They wanted him, and decided to just use her since it would keep her from becoming pesky or something. There's got to be a vast right-wing conspiracy in there somewhere. ;-P

Shadow777
Jul 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
On 2003-07-15 21:02, Cengah wrote:
Well this got weird.

Life is good and strangeness abounds