PDA

View Full Version : New player questions..

Alan_Moriar
Jul 13, 2003, 09:04 PM
Firstly I apologize if I have placed this thread in the wrong place but with the different questions and comments I had, I was not very sure where to place this.

To begin, I am a new player who recieved this game from a friend for the PC version, and I am not quite sure what exactly I am playing. I see many references to Episode 1 & 2, though these references appear to only coincide with the game cube and X-box systems, yet I believe I am able to see items from these games when I play online on this PC, when I meet players in the lobby. Episode 1 & 2 seems to have more areas and items than the version I am playing, so I assume I cannot use these Episode 1 & 2 items, even though I can see them on other players..

My questions would refer to some of the items, more specifically MAGs, that I've seen in the guides contained on this site. I think the angel wings are very cute, while my girlfriend prefers the devil wings. We are both curious if these MAGs are still creatable, or findable, since the items required for such are apparently dropped by a 'holiday rappy', which I have yet to see. She also wants the MAG 'Sato', though this appears to be an Episode 1 & 2 MAG and I am doubting that she is able to get it, but we are both hopeful that she can. Is this possible? If she cannot make it, would she be able to use it if she was given one?

Thank you very much for your help.

MasterForce
Jul 13, 2003, 09:40 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhh i got no clue. but i posted because nobody else did.

Obscenity
Jul 13, 2003, 09:45 PM
The Mag cells from the Holiday Rappies aren't available yet, technically. They're for Halloween and Christmas.. There are tons of the mags around anyways, though. They've been duped to death.

Wang_Tang
Jul 13, 2003, 09:50 PM
Okay, you have the PC version of PSO. This version of PSO is equivalent to Version 2 on the Sega Dreamcast. The Gamecube and Xbox versions of PSO are dubbed as Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II.

Okay, with that out of the way...
Lots of items "from" episode I&II are in the PC version, because epi&ii is kind of an "expansion" on Version 2. There are all the items from version 2, plus the new items and areas and whatnot from episode I&II, so that's why you see people online in the PC version with "episode I&II" items. Except, these aren't the new items, they're just the regular old ver. 2 items. If you see someone using something online in the PC version, it's possible for you to get and use that item on your own character in the PC version.
Now then, items like the Sato MAG are Episode I&II ONLY, seeing as they are new additions to the game. This includes every mag that is made by having a certain stat combination at mag lvl 100, as well as all of the weapons that are "twin sword" class, like Musashi, Yamato, etc. Also, "Card" class weapons and "photon launcher" type weapons are not in the PC version.
I hope this cleared some things up for you. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 09:54 PM
if u wanna make a sato u will need a female force newman or foneweral with the sec. id of either bluefull, redria, whitiel, and i think skyly. u make a mag with 25 of each stat and it will make a sato. their is more ways on this site but i dnt know the link. its in guides under rare mags though.

Alan_Moriar
Jul 13, 2003, 10:17 PM
Thank you all very much.. I hope one day they will upgrade the PC version to Episode 1 and 2, so my girlfriend may have her Sato.

satoshi1
Jul 13, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-07-13 20:17, Alan_Moriar wrote:
Thank you all very much.. I hope one day they will upgrade the PC version to Episode 1 and 2, so my girlfriend may have her Sato.

Don't count on it... The PC version is merely version 2 for the DC on the PC.