PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Power!!!!!

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 13, 2003, 11:09 PM
ok i was playing ulti mines with my lvl 149 hu with only a lil bit more exp left and then i lvled up to 150! then the power shut off for 1 second and i lost the exp! it happened again 5 mins later too! it wasnt stormy outside either it was sunny! i stopped playing thinking of ways to prevent it. so far the only thing i came up with is a power generater in my room... but my rooms too small.

Guntz348
Jul 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
You can get a constant/uninteruptable power source/surge protector. They sell them for computers its an uninterupted power supply. Bassically it works like a surge protector, you plug it into the wall, then you plug all your hardware into it. If the power goes out, the unit has power saved up and it powers it for around three hours with out stopping the flow. This way in the event of a power outage you can shut down your GC/computer/whatever with out worrying about losing unsaved information.

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 14, 2003, 11:41 PM
hey thx do they sell that at like radio shack or something and if they do is it expensive? and to use a quote i like "remember, money is no object... unless i have to spend it" jk.

Guntz348
Jul 15, 2003, 01:59 AM
They should have them at Radio Shack. I know office stores have them like Staples or Office Max, Best Buy and other electronic stores would carry them too. I just checked Best Buys website, it's under computers, accessories, UPS/Backup(UPS meaning uniterupted power sourse), they range from 59.99 to 449.95. The cheapest one runs a power supply for up to 11.4 minutes. That's not a long time, but for a Gamecube since your always there when it's on, it's more then enough time to save and quit properly before you lose power or get corrupted from losing power while saving. The more expensive ones can run for a bit longer, but you really don't need much more then a few minutes.

TheMuffinMan2200
Jul 15, 2003, 11:28 PM
hey thx though i do like the idea of having a power generater in my room so i could sell power to ppl... oh well 11 mins is enough time cause if evrything else in the house is off i think ill know to shut pso off 2 lol thx.