PDA

View Full Version : Raw Power or ATA...

Bart
Jul 14, 2003, 12:11 AM
My friend says lots of ata is needed but i think a little bit of power is needed to back that ata up.

HaLLa
Jul 14, 2003, 12:19 AM
all power you can do good damage when you can get a hit in.

all ata you can hit all the time but do little damage

mix them up. You need them both

Kenshin008
Jul 14, 2003, 12:20 AM
Put dexterity up on your mag it helps alot

hucasts_rock
Jul 14, 2003, 12:31 AM
heh ATA is essential..especially for my HUcast...his mag is 21/177/2/0 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif he misses a lot but his base ATP is around 1470...so offline he rocks...I miss hit materials tho..my hucast maxed ata at lv99 on DC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bart
Jul 14, 2003, 12:46 AM
thats what material is missing, hit mats damn im slow

Nani-chan
Jul 14, 2003, 12:51 AM
I'm now loving making 40-50 dex mags with 140-150 pow, keeping def at 5 and mst at 0 for my non forces. That's 20-25 ata since 19-26 ata is the difference for most classes. Hunter androids being at 33-34 and all newman/newearls at 52/53 are the exceptions.

This also works for me since it's easier to make the ep2 mags.

ginko990
Jul 14, 2003, 01:52 AM
My HUnewearl lvl 189 has 196 ATA base. I use one god/arm and my mag is 20/120/59/1.

She usually wont miss.

dropslash
Jul 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
My lv148 HUcaseal has a base ATA of 183. even so, i always keep a god/arm equppied ontop of the 50 dex my Rati has.

I learned all too well when i first got to Ultimate how important ATA is and it's stuck with me.

Logical2u
Jul 14, 2003, 06:55 AM
Hmm. If you use a Ranger, start by boosting your ATA so you do more damage in combos. Then once you hit around level 40 (when your base ata is quite high) start maxing out power.

On another note, 700th post! Whoo-ho!

rena-ko
Jul 14, 2003, 07:03 AM
my usual hunter mag is around 5 125 70 0
thats enough ata to hit stuff and enough atp to kill stuff as well in one combo. now good photon blasts and the mag will be perfect.

my 2 eurocents

SubstanceD
Jul 14, 2003, 07:17 AM
Do Not Underestimate The Importance Of ATA

I just got to Ultimate yesterday with my lv.98 Hucaseal, I remebererd reading lots of posts by people saying once you hit Ultimate it becomes almost impossible to hit anything, anyway I figured that since my Hucaseal had naturally high ATA and 68 Dex on her Mag that she would have no problem ( especially at her level ), nether-the-less I was suprised when I took my first few swings and the words MISS came up on the screen. I have not seen the words MISS with my Hucaseal since she tried out an Assault +8 back at level 40, I thought she never misses. Neeless to say she does not miss much right now but that is because of her high ATA, if you are using a Humar, Hunewearl or a Hucast ( especially the Hunewearl and Hucast ) then you better put some decent Dex on your Mag or you will be sorry in the long run.

Auracom
Jul 14, 2003, 08:56 AM
My HUne used to have 103 Dex on her mag and used a God/Arm. Never misses that way lol.

Lman90245
Jul 14, 2003, 09:09 AM
ATA is the choice for me, espessialy when I use my high hit % hell weapon =))....

SpellSword89
Jul 14, 2003, 09:14 AM
I would say a balance between all stats unless you're an android or trying to max out your stats.

Dunedain
Jul 14, 2003, 11:20 AM
I recommend an ALL pow mag if possible (195 or close). DEX mags are not good actually, it is far more effective to get an all pow mag and use god arms. If you want an example my RAcast has 215 ATA with 3 god arms and his 195 pow mag, as well as 1160ish base atp. However, if he puts on the 100 pow 90 dex 10 def mag, and 3 god powers instead of god arms, he will have 215 ATA again, but get this - only 1100 or so attack power. You can see for yourself the advantages of an all power mag.

SaiKo
Jul 14, 2003, 11:37 AM
ATA all the way. I couldn't care less if my power was high since all I use are Special Attacks (Predominately Demon's). Just hit with it a few times, RAfoie and their dead.

Goose
Jul 14, 2003, 01:28 PM
Really it depends on your character class. A Ranger is going to want to have a high ATA so that he/she can use the stronger guns as soon as possible. A hunter, on the other hand, should focus more on ATP. Hunter's dont require a high ATA to use their weapons, so having one is pointless. A HUcast or HUcaseal should raise their ATA a little bit since they cant use techs and they need guns to get those "out of reach" enemies. Maybe raise the DEX on their mag to 30 or so so it increases ur ATA by 15. Or just equip a god/arm or other Arm unit.

I dont care if you disagree with what I say. These our my opinions and I wanted to state them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2003-07-14 11:29 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2003, 02:28 PM
You can never, ever, -ever- have too much ATA. ATP is worthless if you can't make it hit. Don't believe me? Go make a L1 HUcast and a L1 HUcaseal. See who misses more in Forest. See who actually kills things faster in the long run. It's the HUcaseal, especially once you get to F2 and find her some Daggers. (And speaking of ATA, ST must die, the FOnewearl has more ATA than the melee FOs. WTF?)

A good Hunter Mag, IMO, is one on either the SKYLY/YELLOWBOZE/PINKAL stat ratio, at 5/145/50/0(I prefer a Rati, although a Nidra would be better if you use a HUnewearl, since you already have S/D, although Mylla and Youlla is still better S/D than yours, even if yours is L20), or one on the REDRIA/WHITILL/VIRIDIA/BLUEFULL stat ratio at 5/150/45/0(Nidra or Sato, all the other mags at that stat ratio are ugly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). I personally prefer the SKYLY/YELLOWBOZE/PINKAL ratio, just because I like the extra little bit of DEX, and the fact that I can get a Rati. >P ...Actually, a SKYLY or YELLOWBOZE HUmar or HUcast can raise a 5/145/50/0 Rati with the PBs of Farlla, Pilla and Mylla and Youlla entirely on his own, without switching the Mags between characters. I personally don't care that much for the ORAN/GREENILL/PURPLENUM ratio. You have POW and DEX competing, and MIND and DEF competing as well, making it suited for neither Hunter nor Force Mags. The other two are much better. Anyways.

ATA good. ATA very, very good. I can't stand an untwinked HUnny, and HUcasts are a joke. I want my decent HUmar/HUcaseal ATA and the ability to use a Handgun from L1, damn it. >P

Goose
Jul 14, 2003, 10:07 PM
But why would a hunter want to have a high ATA? Enemy evasion doesnt increase from difficulty to difficulty, so having a high ATA wouldnt be nescesary for hunters. Besides, when me and my bro played offline multiplayer at level one, me using a humar, him using a ramar, not only did I get more kills, but I also hit more.
POST SUMMARY:
Hunters, get a high ATP
Rangers, get a high ATA
Forces, get a high MST

NeiLast
Jul 14, 2003, 10:55 PM
Nah,that's way off. A hunter without ATA can't hit anything in Ultimate. Evasion of monsters does go up a LOT over time.

Plus, with higher ATA your strong attacks hit more, such that you can do strong - strong - strong combos which push the enemy back more and help a lot.

Even better, with more ATA you can get normal - special - special or strong - special - special combos to hit almost 100% of the time.

Because of the fact that strong attacks do more damage,
ATA = Damage by making you hit more with strong and specials.

For most Rangers, a mag with DEX in the 30 to 50 range (depending on ATA units) is good. For Hunters its more like 40 to 70 dex on the mag, depending on your class and armor units.

Not everyone has access to multiple, or any, god/arm units, especially those who are legit.

However, god/arm units are better than god/power units because the 15 ata of it = 30 mag points = 60 ATP, while a god/power is only 50 ATP.

OTOH... 10ATP isn't a big deal, its only 3 more damage on a strong attack. (well, 4 or 5 with high level shifta).

OniTatsujin
Jul 14, 2003, 11:18 PM
I dont really get, m lv 83 with a HUmar, im starting a Sato mag, so far, ive screwed up some, but so far i have 25/47/30/8...and i have one master/ability on, so i get 20 total from mag and units, and i hit practically 99% of the time, i use normal, normal, hard..and soemtimes normal, hard, hard...and i still hit 99% of the time...in Ult. of course

Blood-Rayne
Jul 14, 2003, 11:36 PM
Alittle Late for one of the older replies but...
I hit Ultimate at level 72 with HUcast.
"Cheers"
but im not here to brag... is that early for a android?
Oh ya. My HUcast has 1500 ATP and 210 ATA at lvl 89, uses God/Arm x2 God/Body x2 and Delsaber's Arms (God i love Set Bonuses) and Kama 200(47/104/46/3... mind was an accident) should i get equip another arm or set out for a God/Power???
P.S. He is Offline if that makes a difference

Hitaro
Jul 15, 2003, 12:02 AM
I think you need a mix betwwen the 2 of them if you cant hit then whats all that ATP for. you have to make sure you hit and do some good damage.

Goose
Jul 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
On 2003-07-14 21:36, Blood-Rayne wrote:
Alittle Late for one of the older replies but...
I hit Ultimate at level 72 with HUcast.
"Cheers"
but im not here to brag... is that early for a android?

I beat DF Vhard with a level 50 RAmar.

Delsaber
Jul 15, 2003, 05:14 PM
I beat very hard Falz at 40 with a RAcast...

ctrl
Jul 15, 2003, 06:16 PM
I'm a lvl 59 Hucast with about 1500 atp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, but I still can't beat Dark Falz because I keep running out of recovery items http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Well, I guess I'm just going to lvl in caves and try to find a god/arm there.

Goose
Jul 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
I might have been able to beat Df Vhard earlier than 50, but i didnt start playing offline till about lvl 20.

Blaster
Jul 15, 2003, 10:07 PM
I used a RAcast to beat Falz at level 52 since I was too weak at level 45. I had a red hangun+50 and a L&KCombat+2. I had D-paarts v1.01 with 1 god arm and 2 elf-arms(+9) and a orge power+17. My level 187 Pushan stats were 41/106/31/9.I have been breezing through the forest and caves in ultimate at level 55. If I had better weapons, maybe I could have beat it sooner. I need to find some rares. As you can tell, I don't care to dupe.

Ketchup345
Jul 16, 2003, 02:22 PM
I would say that HUnters need more ATA so that they hit with their powerful attacks. RAngers need more ATP so that their attacks do damage. It is really annoying to go into a new area with a RAnger and hit stuff all the time, but not have enough power to do more than 10 damage. And it has to be annoying playing as a HUnter and be able to take monsters out in one hit, IF they hit.

Micah
Jul 16, 2003, 03:39 PM
i say, atp all the way. and as for ata. 4 god/arms should fix that no problem.