PDA

View Full Version : Playstation vs. Gamecube vs. Xbox The system battle

Bart
Jul 14, 2003, 12:51 AM
Whats your favorite system!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bart on 2003-07-14 19:02 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2003, 12:58 AM
muahahahahah....I saw this topic coming from miles away and every one get ready for a nice little game we all like to play called Flamers Paradise. This topic will never be resolved NEVER!!!! there i won

Bart
Jul 14, 2003, 01:06 AM
ok so i was wrong add this to the list of many mistakes in my 18 year old life eh. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bart on 2003-07-14 00:46 ]</font>

Reenee
Jul 14, 2003, 01:40 AM
So it's going to aggravate others that one is trying to make a point and others might be tempted to be provoked.

This thing's been done countless times. This thread will be closed. I'm sure of it.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 05:24 AM
They all have there strong points

(1)Playstation 2= variety and some pretty decent games,and the promise of the harddrive allowing them to produce better games only time will tell.With a old scholl favorite like heihachi this should be the second best version of soul calibur 2

(2)Gamecube= Alot of oldschool games plus some decent new ones.has the potential nintendo could/should utilize it more.will have the best version of Soul calibur 2 due to the popularity of link.

(3)X-Box= massive gaming power but a slight lack of originality,possesses alot of potential we have to wait for more games like Fable & ninja gaiden because so far the best thing going is either splintercell or Halo anyone have a different opinion?
Hmm although it has the potential to have the best looking version of soul calibur 2. Honestly who really wants to play as spawn *LOL*

well thats my take its non biased and just my opinion of the three systems since i own all three like im sure several of you do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif im just going by which one is better to me at this time.

(4) Its a three way tie lol like i said they all offer something that the other 2 cant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-07-14 03:27 ]</font>

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 05:30 AM
On 2003-07-13 23:40, Shapiro wrote:

This thing's been done countless times. This thread will be closed. I'm sure of it.

Oh of course for sure, you can almost bet your bottom dollar that it will result in some kind of a flame war ill give it around 20 post before the lock *LOL*

rena-ko
Jul 14, 2003, 07:53 AM
games do count. and personal preference. so pick that console that has the games you like. sheesh

MissJester
Jul 14, 2003, 08:37 AM
You can't say which is the best, cause alot of people own at least 2 out of the 3, for me PS2 has the best controller, and ALOT of games that i like, (playing Tenchu 3 right now). The reason I bought a Gamecube was for Resident Evil, one of my all time favorite games, PSO was an added bonus. Xbox has my DOA series, thats the reason I have it. Xboxes problem is that most of its games suck, but there are some that rock, still need to pick up Knights of the Old Republic. Thats all I gots to say.
And EXO, I don't care about Link or Hehachi, I do wanna play as Spawn (just wish it was Mideivil Spawn, with the big ass sword). So I will be getting the Xbox version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissJester on 2003-07-14 06:41 ]</font>

Cynosure_Zen
Jul 14, 2003, 10:51 AM
A moderator with good judgment would have locked this thread . From what I can tell, most of these people can not state their opinions in a constructive manner therefore making this thread fertile grounds for trolls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynosure_Zen on 2003-07-14 09:10 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 14, 2003, 01:14 PM
There is no best system

Except if you look at it money-wise. Then its PS2, then X-Box, then the console I made, then GC.

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 01:18 PM
I think they all are equally good.

I own all three systems and like them for different reasons.

Xbox- Online gaming

GC- Cool Nintendo games

PS2- RPG's

smallfry
Jul 14, 2003, 01:58 PM
lol, ya this wasn't a good idea to make this...only brings out the fanboys. i dont think one's better than the other, it all depends which one you enjoy more, and what type of games you like better.

Mazarin
Jul 14, 2003, 02:20 PM
http://mazarin.pandarage.com/nextbox.jpg

Bigger is better lolz.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 02:28 PM
Hmm well so far so good no fanboys *LOL* i didnt mean to down play spawn he is pretty cool, i just based it on which characters where around longer *LOL* most likly ill get all 3 just to have a collection http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Caprice
Jul 14, 2003, 02:43 PM
I own all three, but I enjoy GC the most. It has the best games out there, give or take a few... I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, so I think that's why I love GC so much. But man, Xbox has some really bad games.

Blade666
Jul 14, 2003, 02:47 PM
I cant decide whats the best or whateva cause i think they all are great and have great games so i cant decide.

~Blade Master~

GnomeSlayer
Jul 14, 2003, 02:58 PM
I say SNES > all of the =P

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 03:03 PM
Most of the fanboys are "General kids" (people that only post in this forum's General section) which wouldn't be so bad if they would learn to post in the proper forum when necessary.

Silmarwen
Jul 14, 2003, 03:48 PM
Gamu - Cuba
all the way
bay-bay!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sahaqiel
Jul 14, 2003, 04:22 PM
My favortie systems are:
1. Gamecube
2. Xbox
3. Playstation2

i I probobly like Gamecube the best because I am a hardcore Nintendo fan, but the games are also extremely good. You left out a system though, the Gameboy Advence.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 14, 2003, 04:34 PM
Xbox. Hard Drive, Four controllers, pso, DVD, Save Music, Xbox Live, yeh...

LamerPanda
Jul 14, 2003, 05:12 PM
My favorite? Gamecube.

The best? There is no best, it depends on what you're looking for in a console.

Gestiv
Jul 14, 2003, 05:36 PM
I own two of teh three (PS2 and GC) but my uncle has XBox so whenever I'm over his house I just play that. My favorite is GC, and I don't have too many PS2 games (um... *counts on fingers*...2) but multiplayer in Turok for XBox was fun...so...meh.

Para
Jul 14, 2003, 06:08 PM
I can only say that GC has the best Multiplayer games out of the three hands down.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 07:52 PM
On 2003-07-14 16:08, Nites wrote:
I can only say that GC has the best Multiplayer games out of the three hands down.

I second that opinion and will add my own to it Multiplayer games =gamecube playstation2 sportsx-box=1st and 3rd person shooters

EVILAdam
Jul 14, 2003, 10:14 PM
Id say xbox Gamecubes graphics and controller are infeiror

Nerd
Jul 14, 2003, 10:26 PM
GameCube cuz im a rabid fanboy...and uh...it has pso...and uh...star wars ...uh... mario.

eXo
Jul 15, 2003, 01:48 AM
On 2003-07-14 20:14, EVILAdam wrote:
Id say xbox Gamecubes graphics and controller are infeiror

That just may be true but what good are grapics, without fun games to back them up,the only time that i ever have major problems with the cube controller is when im playing a sports game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Im just happy that microsoft made the S-Pad because the bulky original X-0Box pad remind me of my atari Jaguar *LOL*

Mirth
Jul 15, 2003, 02:42 PM
My way of looking at this is Gamecube is the dreamcast reincarnate and xbox is the dreamcast's older brother -_- or something like that, my point is ps2 sucks and dreamcast owns all ^_^

eXo
Jul 15, 2003, 05:34 PM
Hmmm CONGRATULATIONS BART .. i must admitt that i didnt think this post could survive this long *WoW*
good job. Although you have a a few close to flame visits already.

Bart
Jul 15, 2003, 06:01 PM
The only kind of flame visit i want is the one i can equip with my ranger, anything else doesnt bother me to much

eXo
Jul 15, 2003, 06:12 PM
On 2003-07-15 16:01, Bart wrote:
The only kind of flame visit i want is the one i can equip with my ranger, anything else doesnt bother me to much

*LOL* thats a good one i didnt even think about the weapon, when i made this that post boy did i set myself up for that are not?

Bart
Jul 15, 2003, 06:19 PM
Never actually out much thought into it but i would like a flame visit.

eXo
Jul 16, 2003, 03:26 AM
On 2003-07-15 16:19, Bart wrote:

Really i have one if you want it,i made it awhile back but now i really dont use it as much as i use to,the only problem is i forgot to pay my HL this month. But i sent my payment yesterday so if your willing to wait until i recieve the ok on the reactivation of my account,then ill be more then happy to give you my old one all i use is my yas 9000 and frozen shooter anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bart
Jul 16, 2003, 03:30 AM
On 2003-07-16 01:26, eXo wrote:

On 2003-07-15 16:19, Bart wrote:

Really i have one if you want it,i made it awhile back but now i really dont use it as much as i use to,the only problem is i forgot to pay my HL this month. But i sent my payment yesterday so if your willing to wait until i recieve the ok on the reactivation of my account,then ill be more then happy to give you my old one all i use is my yas 9000 and frozen shooter anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Man I dont have this game online yet as soon as I get some extra money up i want to get it online, but thanks for the offer. If you still have it by then i take it.

Ness
Jul 16, 2003, 07:03 AM
Wow, no fanboys. It's a new record!

SniperRAmar
Jul 16, 2003, 07:36 AM
I think that all systems are equally good and excel in their own expertise.

Vitamin_D
Jul 16, 2003, 09:40 AM
Actually...the Gameboy Advance is better than all 3. =/

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 04:29 PM
Well Dreamcast was nr 1. But now when i have em all i think they are ok. All have games that sux.