PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Good or bad?

Tsuway
Jul 14, 2003, 01:49 AM
I think episode 3 is gonna suck. Its gonna take what we loved and put it in a deck of cards. I mean we want a better action adventure game! Not a Yu-gi-ho! God, I'd rather find weps trade and go on adventures, not collect cards and dule with'em! Grrrr.. I think PSO C.A.R.D will suck big time..... (sorry to all of you who are lookin forward to gettin that game)

Reenee
Jul 14, 2003, 01:51 AM
Why rate a game when it hasn't come out yet?

Tsuway
Jul 14, 2003, 01:54 AM
I have alot of info on this game...

TR3NT
Jul 14, 2003, 01:56 AM
I think everyone's upset at Sonic Team change in direction, but like Shapiro said, it hasn't come out yet. We should all hold our judgements until after we play it, or at least a few websites review it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tsuway
Jul 14, 2003, 01:58 AM
Still man, why the change? I could think of 100 better things they could have done... but no, they go into a yu-gi-ho rip off.. -.- oh well....

A07
Jul 14, 2003, 03:59 AM
probably wont be a yugioh ripoff..... yugioh was ill planned Konami thing that they thought would flop. i will still buy this game the day i see it at walmart and if i dont like it tough someday after being bored i'll try it and probably enjoy it.

jarek99
Jul 14, 2003, 04:04 AM
Whats next? Quake 4: Card Arena? Or perhaps Diablo III: Card Armageddon?

The problem isn't whether or not PSO3 will be a fun game, its the use of the PSO name and its the radical change that alot of people don't want.

It's not a matter of being afraid of change. Alot of people play PSO because its an online action/rpg game, not some cookie-cutter turn-based card game thats currently all the rage with the elementary school kids.

I'd rather have a true PSO sequel than this junk.

SubstanceD
Jul 14, 2003, 06:54 AM
I don't have enough info on this game to make up my mind on whether it will be somthing that I will enjoy or somthing that I would hate.

satoshi1
Jul 14, 2003, 07:00 AM
Why does everyone jump to conclusions so quickly and say that the game will suck??? Personally card games bore me (Pokemon TCG for the GBC anyone?), but you don't see me (and many MANY other people) saying "dis game suxors! its card game! card game bad!". Instead, we're waiting till it comes out, to judge it AFTER we've played it and give it a fair opinion. Some of us are even looking FORWARD to this game! I know I am. Besides, you've got one hunter's license for the two games (which should be good enough right there..), meaning you could always sell the game to someone if you don't like it and they could still use the serial keys and whatnot that came with ep. 3.

Please, don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-14 05:02 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 14, 2003, 07:01 AM
even in case i repeat myself:
nobody's forcing you to buy it, you know.

if you don't like it then dont bitch about it, its no use. don't you have any better things to use your time on?
if you don't buy it, then be happy, you won't miss too much of that what you 'like' and are 'used to'.
its just the conclusion of the first pso episodes.
wait for the next pso instead.

imho, i don't care about ep 3 too much. i read stuff about, i think its a nice game and i'll prolly buy it. i'll see if its good.

so please, no more "wahh! ep.3 will suck!" topic. its useless. naka-san won't read them.
we all see you point in being disappointed with cards and being afraid of having you precious pso turned into something you don't like.

Rei1st
Jul 14, 2003, 07:01 AM
The only reason I am even considering wasting my money on this game is because your HL transfer over but imo for a game that little kids play imagine all the new n00bs...

Daikarin
Jul 14, 2003, 07:22 AM
Trust Sonic Team. It can't be that bad. Sure it's card gaming, but you can only say it sucks when you had your share of it, right?

Yosho
Jul 14, 2003, 08:46 AM
I just say don't knock it till you try it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

XavierDreamknight
Jul 14, 2003, 08:55 AM
I swear you people think that when a card game comes out, you automatically dub it as a Yu-gi-oh ripoff. Wow so you don't like how they changed it. No one's forcing you to buy it when it comes out you know.

I guess for you people who won't be getting it won't find out what happens on Ragol; since Episode III does resolve the many questions on Ragol. I personally will buy it because I like card games and I want to find out what will happen now.

MasterForce
Jul 14, 2003, 09:01 AM
cards suck :nono

AndyPandy
Jul 14, 2003, 09:14 AM
I reckon it will be ok. I would have rather have seen a new PSO, the one we all love, with better gameplay, more levels....you get the picture.

TheDeepForce_5
Jul 14, 2003, 09:21 AM
I, too, am also still skeptical of this game. Looks sorta weird and it's gonna be a lot less exciting than the normal PSO games, but it will have a lot of new features, which sound cool. Tournament Mode with 32 players, World Ranking, Spectator Games, etc. Maybe this will be more of a Magic type card game then Yu-Gi-oh, or at least more of a Pokemon Online. Makes me wonder though, how are they gonna set-up the single player offline mode, and how are you supposed to level up, or explore the levels?

KradKram
Jul 14, 2003, 11:12 AM
Cards ug! Turn based OMG!!! NO!!! The whole point PSO is the only rpg game I love because its action adventure! Oh well I'm happy enuff wiv episode 2!

Outrider
Jul 14, 2003, 04:41 PM
Err... Phantasy Star used to be turn-based.

And I highly doubt this will be a Yi-Gi-Oh rip-off.

Sure, it would've been nice if they had updated the game engine to include something more than "Tap-tap-tap" instead of making a complete change, but I still think it's a heck of a lot better than just throwing in more items and a new level. They've been selling the exact same game since version 1. It needed a change.

fyrewyre
Jul 14, 2003, 06:48 PM
I keep hearing the "its not out yet, dont knock it!" as far as i know, the beta is out. I dont want to search for a magical Sealed j sword or god/battle umm...CARD when i can actually use it in action...btw i dont think action, fight, rare, or fun should be associated with the PSO cardcaptor game or whatever...
I wonder if there will be that section ID crud again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fyrewyre on 2003-07-14 16:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fyrewyre on 2003-07-14 17:00 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Jul 14, 2003, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure about ep 3. I'll have to play it first

Dillon
Jul 14, 2003, 07:19 PM
To be blunt: EP III == crap.

Not only did they ruin the battle system..but that involved CARDS. How..childish/crappy/not worth buying could it get?

Reenee
Jul 14, 2003, 07:31 PM
Can we please halt about the fact it is a card game once and for all?

All of you who doubt it just simply don't get it. Who gives a care if it's a card game!?

Face the facts: it's too late. You can't do anything about it anymore. This was Sonic Team's decision as their own creative direction into something new.

Now stop sinking so low. I am getting friggin' sick and tired of the next guy who abhors complaints about the damn game. Those who hate it simply think it's going to play exactly like some other game.

Just stop it. Now. Please.

Fenos
Jul 14, 2003, 08:05 PM
That games gonna suck real bad.

DataFerret
Jul 14, 2003, 08:57 PM
If it's turned into a card game, then screw 'em!

I DON'T have to buy it. I DON'T have to play it. Maybe they'll come to their senses with PSO 4.

If there IS a PSO 4, of course.

satoshi1
Jul 14, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-07-14 18:57, DataFerret wrote:
I DON'T have to buy it. I DON'T have to play it.

GOOD! THEN DON'T EFFING BUY IT! OR EVEN TALK ABOUT IT!!! god, some people just piss me off...

sorry, i'm in a bad mood right now, not because of this topic..

but if you guys don't like it, then just ignore it, play episode 1 and 2, or whatever the hell you wanna play. Just stop being asses.

Sorry again, bad mood...

Genoa
Jul 14, 2003, 09:15 PM
I'm buying anyway because its PSO. Been with when It was only PS on the Genisis. Even if its bad it can't be like SUPER TERRIBLE. I mean come on SEGA + NINTENDO is a great combo for games. Who know, might be pretty good :/

darkass
Jul 14, 2003, 11:09 PM
ep 3 will be liek combining my to favourite things. PSO an Yu-Gi-Oh. im so excited I cuold punch my mom in teh face!

-Jessica-
Jul 14, 2003, 11:38 PM
I think that we can't judge a game that has not yet come out because it's only when you play it that you know if it sucks or not. It may not have the best graphics and all but...i think it may be a very fun game.. I'm looking forward for it.

Silent_Spike
Jul 15, 2003, 12:18 AM
I really don't care how bad or good it's gonna be, I'm still gonna get it to continue the storyline, that is, IF there will be a storyline, since well it's cards, and there wasn't much storyline for card games, and that Hunter's License carryover to EP3, 2 games for 1 license, decent enough.Oh yeah, the graphics and visuals look kinda nice.

dropslash
Jul 15, 2003, 12:39 AM
I'm not a fan of card games all that much, but i'm really looking forward to Episode III.

I'm level 150 right now, on my way to 200. That's going to take A LOT of time and i am so looking forward to being able to take a break from the leveling to take Cale and do something else with her. I think it'll be a nice change of pace and i can't wait to see what kinds of decks my friends on PSO will build.

Remember, this isn't taking away Episodes 1 & 2, it's just adding something new to the PSO world. It's something else to do with characters we've all spent a long time with.

There's other threads talking about how repetitive and boring PSO can be. Episode 3 seems like a perfect answer to that "problem".

Change is good.

satoshi1
Jul 15, 2003, 09:33 AM
On 2003-07-14 22:39, dropslash wrote:
It's something else to do with characters we've all spent a long time with.

We can transfer characters? I didn't know that.. I really do hope we can though.

GJ
Jul 15, 2003, 04:44 PM
No offence to those already bashing PSO III, but can you please shut up!

From my understanding PSO III is only an extention of the serise, it will not replace nor change PSO atm, it will still be there, you can still play the RPG part of it. It is simply adding something new to the game.

I, as you can see, welcome this change in PSO, it will not be like it is now at higher levels 'boring', you have to admit once you've finished the game once, all that changes is the difficulty which doesn't improve the game that much as you'll probly go stright thru the levels with no problems. All thats really left is quests and rare items... I think you all wouldn't be playing this game online more then a year, 2 tops, only if you are a really deadicated player.

I beleave this is the reason for this change, TCGs do remian intresting over time, as they can include new sets and new rules.

Also those of you that reffer to it as another Yugioh TCG clone, that isn't a bad thing, as Yugioh itself was not designed for children, it has been simply aimed at children because they beleave children will pay more money. If you look at the original Japanese stuff you'll find out it is truly a worth while thing. As was and are many Japanse things ruined due to wrongly markting or poor dubbing.

Anyway if PSO III is like Yugioh, it will be very good indeed and will sell and continue PSO, thus Sega may change their minds of make a forth game, if it doesn't sell well they will probly keep to their orginal plans and finish PSO for good, thus ending the PSO servers.

As someone already said it's already been made we cant stop it, and as I said it's sellings will deside if PSO continues or ends, so those who bash it without trying it are gonna in the end stop what they want the most,the PSO RPG

fcshooter
Jul 15, 2003, 05:09 PM
they should try 2 versions
V1. the card crap
V2. the normal way we like

Luna15
Jul 15, 2003, 05:10 PM
I don't care if it uses cards
IT'S PHANTASY STAR ONLINE AND WE LOVE IT!!!

And now we can shoose if we want to be the good or bad

IF WE LOVE EPISODE 1&2 WE LOVE EPISODE 3
Am i right?

Aunt_Betty
Jul 15, 2003, 08:34 PM
WARNING: The falowing content may make your brain explode in being confused. By using a RPG stayle it can bost your stradagy skill. Also by using 1s on emagniation they can learn paitinece by themselves. U can realyy think hard in PSO3 logicly.

*sigh* In other words it helps.

SC2
Jul 15, 2003, 08:43 PM
See, one thing I can't believe is you all (well not all but some) claim you despise the game and don't want it to come out or w.e. But YOU CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! So if you don't like them why talk about them?

Gamer0561
Jul 16, 2003, 12:04 AM
Looking at the screenshots, it looks nothing like yugioh and alot like Lost Kingdoms for GC. I dont know how you guys feel but Lost Kingdoms is pretty cool. If it IS like Lost kingdoms all of those fans will probably love this if they love PSO also

Ether
Jul 16, 2003, 12:09 AM
On 2003-07-15 15:09, fcshooter wrote:
they should try 2 versions
V1. the card crap
V2. the normal way we like

That IS what they're doing. EP 3 does not replace ep 1 and 2, it is concurrent. If you dont like the "card crap" just don't buy it and keep playing ep 1 and 2!

fcshooter
Jul 16, 2003, 12:32 PM
who wants to play pokemon with a booma when you can hack it with a sword

GJ
Jul 16, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-07-16 10:32, fcshooter wrote:
who wants to play pokemon with a booma when you can hack it with a sword

ermm.. as we cleared b4 no one ever said it was like pokemon, for one pokemon is also an RPG not a TCG, and pokemon is a stragey rpg where as pso is an action rpg

with it being only part way done there we cant really compair it to another game, save your jugements until it's completely done

Gohanks
Jul 16, 2003, 01:53 PM
You know what would've been far better? A real Phantasy Star game. Not online, not with cards, a real one - like PS4 or earlier, or if it comes to that, even a Gaiden style game. It's long past time for one of those... I was really excited when I saw Skies of Arcadia for the first time, because I was sure it was Phantasy Star 5. Heh.

Lman90245
Jul 16, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-07-16 11:53, Gohanks wrote:
You know what would've been far better? A real Phantasy Star game. Not online, not with cards, a real one - like PS4 or earlier, or if it comes to that, even a Gaiden style game. It's long past time for one of those... I was really excited when I saw Skies of Arcadia for the first time, because I was sure it was Phantasy Star 5. Heh.

how about Phantasy star Online meets the Jetsons? Can't go wrong with that.... >_<

satoshi1
Jul 16, 2003, 03:41 PM
It was on the front news page a while ago, ST said that after PSO Ep.3 they were gonna make PSO 2 and another, totally separate, offline Phantasy Star game.

SirColligan
Jul 16, 2003, 03:41 PM
I think PSO C.A.R.D will be cool because it will be a new way of battling, it will be cool to duel other people and collect cards so I am looking forward to trying the game when it comes out

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirColligan on 2003-07-16 13:43 ]</font>

BatosaiHimura
Jul 16, 2003, 04:06 PM
Tsuway is right. Cards do Suck. I love PSO so much I gave up a invite to a girls house just to play PSO. It is going to take away our Game of the century for a Card game. Think about it. Do you think you'll have an Agito on PSO 3. I don't think so.

dropslash
Jul 16, 2003, 04:08 PM
Actually, with an Items Deck, you can have an Agito.

satoshi1
Jul 16, 2003, 05:02 PM
On 2003-07-16 14:06, BatosaiHimura wrote:
I love PSO so much I gave up a invite to a girls house just to play PSO.

You might want to straighten out your priorities...

Reenee
Jul 16, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-07-16 13:41, satoshi1 wrote:
It was on the front news page a while ago, ST said that after PSO Ep.3 they were gonna make PSO 2 and another, totally separate, offline Phantasy Star game.

That's still an unconfirmed rumor.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 16, 2003, 06:17 PM
Personaly I don't mind the whole shebang of part 3. I'm a gaming freak and I already play an ungodly number of Anime CCGs not to mention a hentai CCG in the works.

Outrider
Jul 16, 2003, 06:37 PM
Something I read on another forum that could be interesting:

It was announced that Ep. 3 will link up to the GBA, and I'm pretty sure they said it's supposed to be more important than it has. So in other words, probably more than just mini-games and demos.

Ep. 3 has so far only been announced for Gamecube.

Ep. 3 is also a card game.

Could Ep. 3 perhaps use the Nintendo E-Reader? Aside from getting cards like you get items in the other PSO, by battling online and offline... perhaps you can buy packs of cards from the game store and scan them in to add to your inventory? Just an idea. And quite frankly... I'm not really for it, as I don't think the E-Reader is really a peripheral worth purchasing at $40. Still, I found it interesting.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 16, 2003, 06:41 PM
Lets put it this way, I ain't buying an e reader till they make one made for the SP. And if PSO 3 runs on buying real packs of cards forget it. I have enough yugioh, gundam wing, Card capturs, and Ani-mayhem to last more then a few lives.

satoshi1
Jul 16, 2003, 07:00 PM
PSO Ep. 3 (will people stop saying PSO 3 already!? There isn't even a PSO 2!) will most likely not be based soley on the E-Reader, it could just be a special extra thing.

And the e-reader does work with the SP, it's just a little awkward though.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
I know its only part three but I'm very, very lazy if you haven't noticed.

elf
Jul 16, 2003, 09:01 PM
its kinda sad, hearing all u ppl grovle about how horrible this game is gonna b. to the ppl who r saying u dont have to buy it, i agree. to the ones saying, the crap ppl r saying isnt true, i agree agian. since when did a game come out the exact way it was planned? for all u no, it could turn out like a mario game (geeze, thats scary...). but, to the card game i dea, it would b nice if it was just a side game. like, make a pso III with a side game of cards, kinda like final fantasy IX. that would b kool. but taking away what most ppl want in the game is kinda wrong... atleast hope for a seperate direction from episode 2. sadly here, im gonna use something i read from a book once (AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I LEARNED FROM A BOOOOOK!!!!!) the book "HATCHET" had 2 ways u could go after u fnished it. either read one sequal or the other. hopefully, thats what this is gonna turn out like.

this is the longest post i ever made, n guess what? ITS MY 100th!!!

thank u for ur patience in reading this, and...

NIGHTY NIGHT!!!

Outrider
Jul 16, 2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I doubt it would require the e-reader if it uses it at all. I'm just saying that it sounds like it could be a potential add-on. Not required, just something to add in a few items. And as already stated, the E-Reader works with the SP. Just fine, from what I've read.

And sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but the card thing isn't just one aspect of the game. It is the game. They already have the beta out. You battle using cards. From what I've gathered, instead of item boxes, you get item cards and whatnot. Instead of having a Dragon Slayer item, you have a Dragon Slayer card and that sorta thing. Not that I've played it, but that's what I've sorta gathered from screenshots and information.

Again - The cards in Episode III are not a side-quest or anything. That's how you play the game.

satoshi1
Jul 16, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-07-16 21:18, Outrider wrote:
And sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but the card thing isn't just one aspect of the game. It is the game. They already have the beta out. You battle using cards. From what I've gathered, instead of item boxes, you get item cards and whatnot. Instead of having a Dragon Slayer item, you have a Dragon Slayer card and that sorta thing. Not that I've played it, but that's what I've sorta gathered from screenshots and information.

Again - The cards in Episode III are not a side-quest or anything. That's how you play the game.

Yea, that's what I figured, but I wasn't entirely sure. It makes since though, since the game is called "C.A.R.D. Revolution", and not "CARD Sidequest".

BatosaiHimura
Jul 30, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-07-16 15:02, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-07-16 14:06, BatosaiHimura wrote:
I love PSO so much I gave up a invite to a girls house just to play PSO.

You might want to straighten out your priorities...

lol maybe ur right.

Strider_Gren
Jul 30, 2003, 10:24 PM
Now, this may sound crazy, but hear me out. I'm gonna wait until I play the game myself before I make a solid judgement. Yes, it's an unheard of method around here.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 12:12 PM
On 2003-07-30 20:24, Strider_Gren wrote:
Now, this may sound crazy, but hear me out. I'm gonna wait until I play the game myself before I make a solid judgement. Yes, it's an unheard of method around here.

::Claps:: good choice man, good choice..

fyrewyre
Jul 31, 2003, 05:58 PM
On 2003-07-15 14:44, GJ wrote:
No offence to those already bashing PSO III, but can you please shut up!

From my understanding PSO III is only an extention of the serise, it will not replace nor change PSO atm, it will still be there, you can still play the RPG part of it. It is simply adding something new to the game.

I, as you can see, welcome this change in PSO, it will not be like it is now at higher levels 'boring', you have to admit once you've finished the game once, all that changes is the difficulty which doesn't improve the game that much as you'll probly go stright thru the levels with no problems. All thats really left is quests and rare items... I think you all wouldn't be playing this game online more then a year, 2 tops, only if you are a really deadicated player.

I beleave this is the reason for this change, TCGs do remian intresting over time, as they can include new sets and new rules.

Also those of you that reffer to it as another Yugioh TCG clone, that isn't a bad thing, as Yugioh itself was not designed for children, it has been simply aimed at children because they beleave children will pay more money. If you look at the original Japanese stuff you'll find out it is truly a worth while thing. As was and are many Japanse things ruined due to wrongly markting or poor dubbing.

Anyway if PSO III is like Yugioh, it will be very good indeed and will sell and continue PSO, thus Sega may change their minds of make a forth game, if it doesn't sell well they will probly keep to their orginal plans and finish PSO for good, thus ending the PSO servers.

As someone already said it's already been made we cant stop it, and as I said it's sellings will deside if PSO continues or ends, so those who bash it without trying it are gonna in the end stop what they want the most,the PSO RPG

According to the beta, it is a card game. Card...Game...there is no way to play the rpg part, the closest you can even come is:
1.Waltzing around shared lobbies.
2.Talking to ep1&2ers who DO play action/rpg parts.
3.Seeing monsters.

btw why is it called an rpg? its more of an action game imo (mainly cause rpgs have a real [STORYLINE])
adios
*is done loading his FFXI beta*

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 06:02 PM
On 2003-07-31 15:58, fyrewyre wrote:
*is done loading his FFXI beta*

Darn you! I signed up to both the Square one AND the nVidia one, but I havn't recieved my beta yet!

ShaolinSteez
Jul 31, 2003, 06:16 PM
Sonic Teams' main focus now is the younger audience. That's why they are making a card game. It's much more appealing and approachable to the younger gamers. And knowing Sonic Team, they'll just make the genre even better and more appealing to us!

Vitamin_D
Jul 31, 2003, 06:31 PM
I'm looking forward to it. The movies I've seen make me want it even more. (the opening is awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) Whoever's getting Episode III, I'll see ya on there.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 06:35 PM
On 2003-07-31 16:16, ShaolinSteez wrote:
Sonic Teams' main focus now is the younger audience. That's why they are making a card game. It's much more appealing and approachable to the younger gamers. And knowing Sonic Team, they'll just make the genre even better and more appealing to us!

How are cards focusing on a younger audience? This game will not be as approachable to younger gamers as Ep.1&2 is.. Ep.3 will involve much much more strategy than previous PSOs. I can guarentee you, right now, that my lil bro (who's 9) will pick up this game and instantly get frustrated. Cards are NOT that appealing to little kids, unless they just like to collect them and show them off. Now racing games? That's more appealing and approachable to little kids. My lil bro may get frustrated with Ep.1&2, but not as much as he will with Ep.3. He still plays Ep.1&2, but after a while, he'll most likely give up on Ep.3.

Nambrosia
Jul 31, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-07-31 16:31, Vitamin_D wrote:
I'm looking forward to it. The movies I've seen make me want it even more. (the opening is awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) Whoever's getting Episode III, I'll see ya on there.

I'm getting Episode III!

And yes that opening kicked all sorts of ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[Edit: Whee! 100th post! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nambrosia on 2003-07-31 16:44 ]</font>

ShaolinSteez
Jul 31, 2003, 06:48 PM
On 2003-07-31 16:35, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-07-31 16:16, ShaolinSteez wrote:

How are cards focusing on a younger audience? This game will not be as approachable to younger gamers as Ep.1&2 is.. Ep.3 will involve much much more strategy than previous PSOs. I can guarentee you, right now, that my lil bro (who's 9) will pick up this game and instantly get frustrated. Cards are NOT that appealing to little kids, unless they just like to collect them and show them off. Now racing games? That's more appealing and approachable to little kids. My lil bro may get frustrated with Ep.1&2, but not as much as he will with Ep.3. He still plays Ep.1&2, but after a while, he'll most likely give up on Ep.3.

It's approachable because kids are familiar with games based on stuff like YU-GI-OH(sp?), Pokemon, or anything where you can collect monsters to battle and what not. It's not that it's approachable because it's easy or anything like that, if that's what you are implying, but because of the genre/type of game it is.

Link00seven
Jul 31, 2003, 07:02 PM
I really am looking foward to this game!

I'm evening going as far as to (maybe) get the Trial and the import lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linkooseven on 2003-07-31 17:03 ]</font>

Outrider
Aug 1, 2003, 03:31 AM
On 2003-07-31 16:35, satoshi1 wrote:

Now racing games? That's more appealing and approachable to little kids.

For the record, I'm still waiting for Sonic Team to announced Phantasy Star Online Episode 2.4: Photon Kart Racing. It'll be the smash hit of the year.

Namevah
Aug 5, 2003, 10:03 PM
Why do people think the game will me a Yu-Gi-Oh rip-off. Dont you think Sonic Team might make it different? Sonic Team is usually known for creating new and original titles (such as Nights, Sonic, PSO when it was first announced, and Billy Hatcher).
Maybe some dont like it because it has stratigy, meaning they have to use their brains. I see it as a combo of Card Games with Final Fantasy Tactics. Thats how I see it anyways. And by the way, I like Pokemon TCG and like to play Soliter.

JohanCC
Aug 6, 2003, 12:47 AM
I'll probably get it. It runs on the same HL so if it sucks, then thats just $50. Although card games aren't my fav, Lost Kingdoms is sweet. Also, I'll get to play when everybody else is legit before hacking and duping. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Para
Aug 6, 2003, 01:16 AM
If you like strategy... this game is for you.

I've grown interested in it so I want to try it when it comes out. Theres more to the game than just cards!

Shimarisu
Aug 6, 2003, 08:39 AM
Got it, played it.

IMO it's not really 100% a card game. It's like a cross between Pokemon and chess, and you use the cards for your moves. If that sounds bad, it's not. It's really fun. I'm really hoping for exploration though - bear in mind this IS a beta and the beta only has 2 battles (plus any you get to play online). The amount of cards you get are therefore limited - there are no ult monsters in the beta for example.

I don't like hero side though, can't stand it. Ironically for my partner it's the opposite.

- Shimarisu

PopCultureMonkey
Aug 6, 2003, 03:00 PM
I'm a big Heroside player, too - I really don't like playing as the Arkz.

Kezay
Aug 6, 2003, 04:29 PM
Since I'm an avid fan of TCG's (mainly Pokemon TCG) I will definitely give this one a try. Besides all of you who say this game will you suck, I can almost bet you will get this game, even just to try it out.

satoshi1
Aug 6, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-08-06 14:29, Kezay wrote:
Besides all of you who say this game will you suck, I can almost bet you will get this game, even just to try it out.

Hahah, and that's probably true too.

I don't see why some people can't stand to play as the heroside. I mean, it's not bad, is it?? You get weapons and such, you probably don't get those on the Arkz side. But as the Arkz you can spam the board with monsters galore...