PDA

View Full Version : Do you think BUSH will be REELECTED ?

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 03:04 AM
Hello i was just wondering what everyone else thinks about this whole postwar situation.I am not a big fan of bush but i must admit he has liberated IRAQ, my only problem is that we have still not found any "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" Which is what bush used as the whole basis for going to war,IMO it was about OIL just like last time *LOL* but thats just me.I recently saw a poll on the news and bush had an 65% approval rating but lets not forget that his father had a 70+ % approval rating and failed to be reelected for a second term http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .
Anyway thats where i stand i appreciated what he did but he still will not be recieving my vote http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Trickstr
Jul 14, 2003, 03:24 AM
I hope he burns in hell, enough said

Mazarin
Jul 14, 2003, 05:19 AM
I think he will get another 4 years.

85% of the country can't name 1 Democratic Nominee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazarin on 2003-07-14 03:20 ]</font>

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 05:38 AM
Hmm I see that im not alone in my opinion of bush *LOL* but you are correct seeming that Al Gore will not run again this time, the democratic party is pretty much up in the air as of now.

Guntz348
Jul 14, 2003, 06:23 AM
I don't think he should be re-elected. I really don't think he did a very good job and didn't agree with very many of his decisions. I do think he will be re-elected though for lack of a good oponent, as maz said. Right now Joe Lieberman(sp?) is looking like the strongest person to run against him. The only reason I know that he's even in the running is because I'm from Connecticut. Do I think he has the slightest chance to win? No. Aside from the fact that I really think he'd do an awful job, I think the fact that he's jewish would hinder his running. The president has pretty much always been of the catholic/christian faith, and not to say that the people would be biased against a jewish candidate, I just don't see the long running trend being broken anytime. This would be one of his biggest hurdles to get over, if he could I think he may actually have a shot at it. All I know is I'm going with an independent party this year. Wouldn't that be some shit if Ralph Nader or Ross Perot or someone won?

I'm not trying to make it sound like the whole countrys racist, but I highly doubt you'll see anything other then a white male cathlic/christian president for a long time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-07-14 04:26 ]</font>

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 06:45 AM
Hey guntz its noting wrong with that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif alot of the stuff you said i strongly agree with in one form or another,I cant really think of anything worth while that bush accomplished in the last 4 years.Hmm well besides stuffing and hiding a couple of ballot boxes ooops did i say that *LOL* anyz thats the past its kinda sad to say but i think liberman is the democratic parties best bet

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 07:23 AM
If Bush gets re-elected, I may have toi move to Canada with Morphos.

Allos
Jul 14, 2003, 12:08 PM
I'm gonna hold back my comments on the war so that I don't piss of any liberals here, but as long as Lieberman isn't elected I don't care. The man wants to make sure that virtually no violent video games ever reach the public! WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY VICE CITY!?!?!?!?

pixelate
Jul 14, 2003, 12:40 PM
He shouldn't get another 4 years, but as Mazarin said...

On 2003-07-14 03:19, Mazarin wrote:

...people vote by name, not policy or record.

AUTO_
Jul 14, 2003, 12:44 PM
On 2003-07-14 10:40, pixelate wrote:
He shouldn't get another 4 years, but as Mazarin said...

On 2003-07-14 03:19, Mazarin wrote:

...people vote by name, not policy or record.

Pretty much, and like the above said--hardly anyone even knows the running democratic nominees.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 01:27 PM
Thats true much like sex in movies and games,when it comes to politics names sell your pitch to the public.

GnomeSlayer
Jul 14, 2003, 01:50 PM
Go Howard Dean!

He has a lot of support amongst the younger crowd, and he did recently win that internet election. We'll have to wait to find out what happens though.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 02:00 PM
*Hmmm note to self * keep a watchful eye on this howard dean fellow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LunarShadowX
Jul 14, 2003, 02:12 PM
All I can say is that I most certainll hope he is not re-elected. I definitely did not agree with him going to war in Iraq, although, I must admit, it would inevitably have happened at some point in time. I consider myself a Democrat (I'm 18, I can vote, and I can tell you right now, I will never vote for Bush unless he's running against Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, or that North Korean dude.) Anyways, I think he hasn't handled a whole bunch of things well. For one, weren't we suppose to help Afghanistan rebuild (well, not like there's much to rebuild, but still.) Anyways, I don't want to go into a rant, so I'm stopping.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 02:23 PM
Boy i never thought so many people disagreed with bush, its good to know im not alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elentari
Jul 14, 2003, 05:19 PM
I hope he does...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Gestiv
Jul 14, 2003, 05:43 PM
...I dream of the day some Iraqi and/or Afghan blow him up w/ some random act of terrorism because of his actions. That should state my opinion clearly. All he's good for are Bushisms anyway.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 05:51 PM
I see we have a bush supporter finding and please everyone lets keep this post clean and opininated.try not to offend anyone when you express your opinions.

Hunter4life
Jul 14, 2003, 06:22 PM
It doesn't really matter for me 'cause I can't vote for another 4 years and by that time, if bush is re-elected, he won't be able to run again.

Guntz348
Jul 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-07-14 15:43, Gestiv wrote:
...I dream of the day some Iraqi and/or Afghan blow him up w/ some random act of terrorism because of his actions. That should state my opinion clearly. All he's good for are Bushisms anyway.

It won't be a random act if they are doing it in retribution to his actions. No acts of terrorism have ever been random, they are all the resulting effects of someones actions.

Gestiv
Jul 14, 2003, 06:36 PM
Well... you know what I mean.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 06:37 PM
Good point the old what goes around comes around theory.
Or better yet treat people the way you wish to be treated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Masochist
Jul 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
I hope he does...He's one of the very few with an old thing called Morals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 07:12 PM
hmmm bush with morals,who cares about morals its morally wrong to kill hundreds no thousands of people.because you think or because you heard that someone has WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION ...
Until he main reason for war is justified he will be viewed as barbaric by,lots of people and even if i could care less about the taliban and republican gaurd etc.etc.etc. but we have lost troops and are still loosing troops every other day as we type in this forum.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 14, 2003, 07:12 PM
I don't know enough about him to give my opinion

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-07-14 17:12, Stinger08 wrote:
I don't know enough about him to give my opinion

*LOL* Cool honesty is the best policy, feel free to drop in again and hopfully you will learn about a few of his pros and CONS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif lol

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 07:31 PM
I think Bush should not only not be relected, but removed from power right now.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 07:43 PM
Thats right power to the people wouldnt it be funny if he was like just removed from office *LOL*

GnomeSlayer
Jul 14, 2003, 08:00 PM
Could someone explain to me exactly how the electoral college works? I've heard several explanations for it's function, here, I'll list and explain the two I've heard:

1. Each state is worth a chosen number of electoral votes - i.e. California was worth 54 back in 1995. People go to the voting booths and vote for who they want - if Bush wins the majority of the people in California he wins 54 electoral votes. So then whoever wins the most electoral votes, not popular votes wins the election.

2. According to "School House Rock" (I think) the electoral college is where electors voted in by the people vote for the candidate they think is best for the people based on the issues. Popular vote influences their decisions, but in this scenario the people have no influence in the presidential election.

Morfos
Jul 14, 2003, 09:08 PM
Vote Bush Out!

I don't want to see anymore of...
http://www.democracymeansyou.com/images/gallery-kansas-500.jpg

or

http://www.pca.state.mn.us/artwork/water/basins/superior/logging.jpg any of this.

lain2k3
Jul 14, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-07-14 12:12, LunarShadowX wrote:
All I can say is that I most certainll hope he is not re-elected. I definitely did not agree with him going to war in Iraq, although, I must admit, it would inevitably have happened at some point in time. I consider myself a Democrat (I'm 18, I can vote, and I can tell you right now, I will never vote for Bush unless he's running against Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, or that North Korean dude.) Anyways, I think he hasn't handled a whole bunch of things well. For one, weren't we suppose to help Afghanistan rebuild (well, not like there's much to rebuild, but still.) Anyways, I don't want to go into a rant, so I'm stopping.

Actually, I think I'd go for Stalin, and he's just about the same as the Korean guy. (name?)

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 11:20 PM
Man you will rather pick stalin,over bush that really shows your dislike for him.

lain2k3
Jul 14, 2003, 11:24 PM
And, communism does work in THEORY. just some whiny bastards always screw it up.

And bush is pretty awful. definetely

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 11:54 PM
: D LOL i second that.*hmm wait what am i saying*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-07-15 15:58 ]</font>

eXo
Jul 24, 2003, 05:03 AM
Due to the recent events that have taken place,over in iraq i have decided to add another entry into this post.

Now since we have successfully eliminated saddans two sons Uday and Qusay,does this change your opinion one the president even thou we still,have not found any...

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION?

Trickstr
Jul 24, 2003, 05:14 AM
one sentence:
I may be young and live in Tasmania but I know enough to know he's full of Crap!

Nai_Calus
Jul 24, 2003, 05:42 AM
If that scumbag gets re-elected, I am moving to Canada the instant I can afford to. And I'm taking my girlfriend with me, and then, because we actually CAN up there, we're getting married.
Death to ye, right-wing religious wackos.

Fojar
Jul 24, 2003, 05:52 AM
i dispise bush, i really hope he doesnt get elected again, hes made so many mistakes...the war's just the tip of the iceburg. i can't stand the fact that hes trying to christianize the country. he's so stupid, he's said some awful things "there should be limits to freedom" what the fuck? im not old enough to vote, but i hope that everyone who is doesnt vote for him.

im really bad at posts.

rena-ko
Jul 24, 2003, 08:12 AM
off topic:
go for it ian-kunX, yay ^_^
(actually, i wouldnt depend it on some president)

back on topic:
heaven forbid. the damage he caused alone up to now will need years if not decades to be anulled.

question by exo:
nope. is it his work? i dont think so.

the allied caused so many trouble down there and now they at last have something to show off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-07-24 06:14 ]</font>

eXo
Jul 25, 2003, 12:46 AM
no argument with that

Captain_Dude
Jul 25, 2003, 02:55 AM
I was never much for bush. Probably because the man has the IQ of a jar of mayonnaise.

I personally don't care who gets elected, mainly because I can't name anyone who's running. I don't follow politics too much, anyway.

All I know is that I hope to god that Arnold Schwarzenegger gets elected governor California. I just think that it would totally rule to be able to say "Hi, I come from the state governed by The Terminator!" or "You may know my state's governor as Conan the Barbarian."

As you've probably gathered, I care little about what condition America ends up in. Just so long as it doesn't interfere with me living out my days happily.

eXo
Jul 25, 2003, 03:02 AM
Yea but if he becomes gov. then i think that that would mean no Terminator 4 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Captain_Dude
Jul 25, 2003, 04:13 AM
On 2003-07-25 01:02, eXo wrote:
Yea but if he becomes gov. then i think that that would mean no Terminator 4 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I doubt very much that there'll be a terminator 4. The third movie pretty much wrapped it up. Tho they did leave the end flexible enough for there to be another sequel, but it would completely ruin the whole series, and would utterly suck... But hey, they didn't care when they did that to the Matrix, so who knows?

EDIT: The next part may sorta contain spoilers for Terminator 3, so in the small chance you've not seen it, don't read the next bit.
Spoiler Shield
The end of the third movie shows the world ending. The only way that they could show any more is if they started telling of John Connor's leading the rebellion against the Terminators. While they could still make that into a movie, it would just be kinda dull and pointless cause you pretty much know what happens.

I hope they don't screw up the series by adding another movie (as opposed to the Matrix: Reloaded which screwed up the series by going from sci fi, action movie with a great story and good acting to a lousy, poorly written piece of armpit lint, generic action movie, with acting more dull that one of Chef Tony's pussy knives that's been dragging under the family car for a few weeks). It was ended just fine by th 3rd movie.
Spoiler Shield

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-07-25 02:21 ]</font>