PDA

View Full Version : The Hulk : Underrated?

Garanz2
Jul 14, 2003, 06:09 AM
OK, I'm sure at least some of you have seen the new hulk movie. It's a 12A, but is that rating really appropriate?

I saw it 2 days ago, and I was really shocked by some of the content, seeing as there were a bunch of little boys/girls in the row in front of me that couldn't be any older than 8.

I mean, it's really annoying to have a bunch of kids squeal in terror during a film, it spoils the atmosphere, but should a film where a frog swells almost to the size of a football before exploding, and splattering across the screen be rated a 12A?

What do you think?

rena-ko
Jul 14, 2003, 07:40 AM
all movies and videogames and stuff should be rated 18+. period.

no, honestly. problem is that if they would higher the rating that not as much people would go seeing the movie. at least its like that here in germany.

take spirited away (spirited away) for example, its rated 0+ here (suitable for all ages) - i dont really understand that - there's blood, there's tough content and mononoke hime was rated 12+.

MissJester
Jul 14, 2003, 08:51 AM
I wanna go to this theater in Kansas City, that bans kids under 6 from the theater. That would be the greatest thing, a quiet movie. When I saw the Hulk, there was a baby that wouldn't stop crying, and the parent wouldn't take them out, till sombody said said something, then the management came, and we got some quiet. If I had a movie theater, I would ban kids, and only show PG-13 and up, movies. Cell phones would also be banned, I hate those too.

Delsaber
Jul 14, 2003, 12:04 PM
During X-Men 2 there was a crying baby, ringing cell phone and just an overall chatty person. This all came from the same person. I finally said out loud. Who the fuck brings a baby, a cellphone and talks loud during a movie? The person shutup and all was well.

eXo
Jul 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
hmmm i pretty much agree with you guys but my question is, did anyone actually enjoy THE HULK lolto me it had way to much talking and not nearly enough action.talk time =like 60 minutes action=like as THE HULK = like 30 minutes im not counting all the time he spent running and jumping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garanz2
Jul 14, 2003, 02:45 PM
yeah I agree. But what I meant was, if they had maybe increased to rating to 15 it would allow them to spice it up a bit. You know, gorier combat scenes, more action, etc.

But they insist it's a 'family' film, so 8 year olds come to the cinema expecting to see a 'cool' film about a huge green guy that breaks stuff (And who doesn't? Everyone likes watching a big green guy break stuff).

*SPOILERS IF YOU ACTUALLY CARE*

They get what they want, but laced in with exploding frogs, guys biting power cables, flashbacks, mutated dogs being bashed into pulp, and stuff like that.

Call me a wimp but I wouldn't have enjoyed that kind of stuff when I was 8. The kids in the front row were scared out of their wits, screaming and squealing and generally pissing on the atmosphere.

Eventually they got sensible and left, and I (and pretty much the rest of the audience) got to watch the last 5 minutes in peace. It sucked.

Garanz2
Jul 14, 2003, 02:46 PM
I finally said out loud. Who the fuck brings a baby, a cellphone and talks loud during a movie? The person shutup and all was well.

lol good for you

Masochist
Jul 14, 2003, 05:01 PM
For some reason, I think it looks silly?! I can't watch it without laughing...I'm sorry...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jul 14, 2003, 07:16 PM
I liked X-Men 2 better than the hulk. the hulk was a bit too hulky for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Android_15
Jul 14, 2003, 08:11 PM
Ohhhhhhh...man I hate that shit when your trying to watch a good movie that you have been awaiting for a long time and stupid kids all laugh and squeal OMG..it make me so angry! Man I just wanna stand up and say to their parent or to the kids why do you shut the http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif up!