PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Frozen Soul

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 14, 2003, 07:27 AM
Important Characters .::.
Name: Yusaku Kudou
(pronounced: yu-sa-ku[first name] ku-dough[last name])
Class: RAcaseal

Name: Jan Yasah
Class: HUmar

Name: Red Ring Rico
Class: HUmarl

Story .::. Chapter 1

After the events of Dark Falz and the rescue of Red Ring Rico, ongoing research and mop-ups on Ragol continued. It has been three years since the incident with Dark Falz.

- Development Lab #08C - 23:25PM - Day 1

(The area is mostly a white lit room with shades of light blue in corners, and a very subtle glow from the numerous lights in keyboards, monitors, and holograms. Me, Yusaku, am sitting in one of the four operation seats used to work on android enhancement technology. A scientist: middle-aged; white hair; white, long clothes; and thin glasses - accompanies me in the room.)

Scientist: Are you sure you really want to further the integration of synthetic material with your body? Aren't you worried about losing yourself?

Yusaku: ...

Yusaku: I have no regrets. I don't care anymore. These operations allow me to be more efficient at my job.

Scientist: What about, well... A relationship. Have you not ever thought about that? The upgrades to your synthetic structures are fine, but you are sacrificing a lot of your organic material with your recent requests. You won't even be able to procreate soon if you go through with these. It's not my choice, but I have to at least give you a chance to decide for yourself.

Yusaku: My mind is already made up. It's my job.

Scientist: I understand.
(Checks the computer for availability on products)

Scientist: I can't replace your backside organic skin with the silicon skin yet, because I have to specially order the required software from the Programming R&D to install it on your access CPU. Without the software, your body would reject it. I'll e-mail them right now to see when I can get it in.

Yusaku: Can we still upgrade the net cells to be more efficient?

Scientist: Hold on just one moment...
(Types on a keyboard for a few seconds)

Scientist: About the net cell upgrade, yes. I'll need you to take this software that was prepared for you. It should work after you rest tonight. The software, as you know, installs during your sleep. So just make sure you take time to rest.

Yusaku: Thanks... I'll do that later.

Scientist: Your armor plates are to be re-painted tonight, so that will also be in time by when you awaken, if not soon afterward.

Yusaku: Alright, let's get this stuff off then.

(I lye back into the seat and a machine is booted up above me. It works by locating every plate on my body and demagnetizes them from each other. The scientist puts on plastic operation gloves and carefully takes on the armor plates from me and places them into a few containers marked with information on about new coloring for painting instructions. The demag machine shuts off and I sit back up with my body nude in my original human flesh. Only parts of my body are replaced, such as leg muscles and wired net cell additions inside of me The scientist is handing me a hanger with gray undergarments, so I should most definitely take them. No point in staying naked.)

Yusaku: I will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Scientist: Think about things though, please. I want to give you a fair chance before you jump the ship on becoming a completely synthetic being.
(Goes to a nearby computer and hammers away at a computer keyboard.)

Yusaku: I have to go now. Bye.
(Panties and a sports bra? I hesitate for a second, then clothe myself.)

Yusaku: Better than nothing, I guess.

(I walk out of the room with a quiet sliding door. It opens center outward, and I walk down a hall that has blue walls with more white lights, giving it a very boring and shiny appearance. Moments later, I enter a warp that puts me into a new hallway that is radically contrast to the one I just came from. This one is filled with wild colors, music, everyday inhabitants of Pioneer 2, and many ads displaying company products and services. This is the real heart of Pioneer 2. I walk a bit further and reach my room. DNA scan opens the door, and I enter. Lights dimly lit, I sit on my bed and think about what I'm doing.... I mean, why would anybody care about me becoming totally synth? I'm hardly useful as it is on the surface of the planet below, Ragol. It's hard to make a living being so weak. Besides, I can't even learn how to do techniques, it's just not something my hormones let me do. Whatever.... it's time for bed.)

- Yusaku's Apartment - 7:50AM - Day 2

Female Computer Voice: Visitor, Red Ring Rico, is here.

(Well, that woke me up. I yawn, blink a few times, and softly rub my eyes.)

Yusaku: Come in.

(The door opens up for Red Ring Rico, I?ve only ever heard of her from other Hunters' stories, why is she at my place?)

Rico: Hi, I am Red Ring Rico, but Rico for short! I came here to look for a new partner for something that has come up on Ragol lately. I was told that you were good.

Yusaku: ... By whom?

Rico: A friend of mine, Jan Yasah, looked through the available Hunters, and you looked like somebody who could help us get this job done.

Yusaku: Oh, sorry, I forgot to properly introduce myself. I am Yusaku Kudou.

(Rico giggled just a bit because she already knew, but it didn't feel right not telling her anyway. I'm not that ignorant...)

Yusaku: How's the pay?

Rico: Negotiable, mostly depends on the outcome of it all.

Yusaku: Sounds important.

Rico: Very.

Yusaku: Yeah, I'll take it that offer up. When do I start?

Rico: In four days. Can you be prepared by then?

Yusaku: I can do that.

Rico: Well, it was nice meeting you. I'll be back here, same time then. Buh-bye.

(I nod, I was never much of a people person, so saying bye doesn't mean much to me. Well, she left... I wonder what this whole job is about. It's got my interest anyway. Man I feel better, though. Those net cells are circulating throughout my blood vessels easier. It lets my body rejuvenate itself when I take it easy. Very useful if I get injured or scratched during a job. I almost forgot what it?s like being in my old, soft bed. I'm usually in my armor on the solid bed. I really never take it off, so I feel so weird without it. I'm not a bad looking person, but nobody knows me when I look more like a normal woman. Maybe that scientist was right... oh well, I'll go get my plates later. I've got some time free to do whatever I want today.)

TO BE CONTINUED

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2003-07-14 05:36 ]</font>