PDA

View Full Version : GC: Unexpected, but nice

Nambrosia
Jul 14, 2003, 07:14 PM
I was playing through Purplenum-Ultimate-Ruins last night hoping to find a Spread Needle, or maybe a Belra's Right Arm..

Instead I found a shiny new DF FIELD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'm wondering, how many of your good rares did you find while looking for something else (or nothing in particular I guess)?
And I mean GOOD rares.. 9-stars like Varista or Diska of Liberator don't count http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AtlusSeven
Jul 14, 2003, 07:36 PM
Just yesterday I was playing online with my Redria HUnewearl. I noticed that I was kinda close to leveling up, so I loaded up the Lost Heat Sword quest. Near the end of it, a few Hildelts drop down. I finish them off....and one of them had dropped a GOD/BATTLE. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Once I was able to make it to Ultimate Mode with my Pinkal FOmar, I started doing Lost Heat Sword runs over and over trying to find a Luminous Field. After about 30 runs, I gave up. Then one day while playing offline in a regular Forest run, a Tollow dropped the Luminous Field...WITH 4-slots! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For about 5 days I was looking specifically for a Bringer's Arm with my Pinkal FOmar by doing Retired Hunter quests over and over. I gave up and decided to just move on and play the game. One day, though, I was doing a regular Ultimate Ruin's run and in the very last room a Dark Bringer dropped his arm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was doing Addicting Food runs with my Redria HUnewearl one day trying to find both a Red Slicer from Nano Dragons, and an Asuka from Crimson Assassins. After many runs, I came up empty handed. I decided to do one last run for the night....when a Melqueek dropped me a nice Red Sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Was playing the VR Temple on Ultimate mode with my Pinkal FOmar, trying to find a few Rares that I hadn't found yet. I get to the end of the Temple and decide to go ahead and kill Barba Ray. I finish him off, and almost missed the Asuka he dropped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kinda goes to show that the best stuff you find is when you're not specifically looking for it. hehe.

~7

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2003, 07:44 PM
Well, yesterday I did an Addicting Food run with my HUmar because I felt like mercilessly slaughtering Ob Lillies. A couple of rooms into Caves 2, a nice pretty Pouilly Slime appeared sloshing about the floor. I kill it, and it drops me a lovely Guard Wave with 3 slots that I promptly AddSlotted and replaced my crappy L59 Perfect Frame with. ^_^v But usually I have no luck with rares, all my good ones come from piping except my Red Partisans and the Guard Wave. Boo.

Bit
Jul 14, 2003, 07:47 PM
I began Episode 2 a few days ago after defeating Ult. Falz, and I happen to find a Mil Lily in the Alpha Temple. It drops me an Aura Field with 4 slots. Not too shabby.

I've gotten 3 Red Partisans, 3 Sense Plates, and 1 Guard Wave while looking for the 75 Agito. You can find very interesting things when your not looking, it's very true.

neo9376
Jul 14, 2003, 07:58 PM
I haven't found any rares other than rappy's wing and DB's saber http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neo9376 on 2003-07-14 17:59 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jul 14, 2003, 08:38 PM
rappy fan is actually a very nice weapon early on.

The only time this has happened to me is in my search for a red HG from a bartle. before I got it, I got four red sabers from barbles, two of them had the same percents too (0/0/0/25/20) and i ground them both to +78. My hunny uses one and my ramarls has the other.

But most of the time when I look for something, I dont get any rares at all. I've completed 135 runs through FoS looking for a luminous field, and I dont have one yet. It's horrible. I've gotten 14 Photon drops from those bastards. and about 68 billion kaladbolgs from boxes. blech, I HATE hildets.

Creasian
Jul 15, 2003, 04:55 AM
back inversion 1 dc days, i was useing my level100 humar and took 3 people toveryhard darkfalz and we killed him, anyhow i loved the music, so i stayed behind everyone destroyed box's and left thegame afterwards.. so i ran tothe portal and since i was halfway across it seemed they forgot 1 box. I wasnt expectinganything really, but we all remember wanting in the early days a Ultimate 4 slot frame, so what dropped.. a Ultimate 4 slot frame. i know now that isnt too spectacular, but back then we didnt have addslots and a 4 slot ultimate was pretty dang nice find.

AxemPunanny
Jul 15, 2003, 06:05 AM
On 2003-07-15 02:55, Creasian wrote:
back inversion 1 dc days, i was useing my level100 humar and took 3 people toveryhard darkfalz and we killed him, anyhow i loved the music, so i stayed behind everyone destroyed box's and left thegame afterwards.. so i ran tothe portal and since i was halfway across it seemed they forgot 1 box. I wasnt expectinganything really, but we all remember wanting in the early days a Ultimate 4 slot frame, so what dropped.. a Ultimate 4 slot frame. i know now that isnt too spectacular, but back then we didnt have addslots and a 4 slot ultimate was pretty dang nice find.

how bout that celestial armor that supposedly is dropped in one of those boxes. I never found that. I've found and seen in shops 4-slotted Guardian Armors & Ultimate frames. I don't remember how I got my one 4-slotted Divinity Armor. I remember how those were the top four armors in version 1. Mind you, I'm talking about the DC version. Now they are merely just "green-fonted" armors (no longer that rare) in Xbox/GCN.

As far as finding rares, I've never piped for anything. I dunno if I'd want to. I have plenty of patience, but I know I'd rather quest than spend my whole time in one spot piping for a rare monster for a certain amount of time. Most of my rares have come as a surprise. I'd rather be surprised every once in awhile, then be disappointed constantly (after so many pipes).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-15 04:06 ]</font>

dropslash
Jul 15, 2003, 06:38 AM
Ah, good ol' DC Celestial Armor. I was able to buy a 4 slot version from the shop with my Redria RAcaseal.

Those were the days.

rena-ko
Jul 15, 2003, 07:51 AM
just finishing of one single ult mines run with my pinkal and voila, vol opt drops her third ruby bullet, this time with percents...

actually, most of my findings are unexpected - especially the meteor cudgel from an indi belra and the df field from merlan (both with my redria) - and i just made some ruins run to level up.

hm, best thing is really when you find good and rare stuff without even looking for it.

Yosho
Jul 15, 2003, 08:53 AM
I found my DF Field from a Del-D while looking for a Gaurdinna (Spelling), and a Smoking Plate while looking for a Heaven's punishment in the mines.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 15, 2003, 09:28 AM
On 2003-07-15 04:05, AxemPunanny wrote:
[quote]

As far as finding rares, I've never piped for anything. I dunno if I'd want to. I have plenty of patience, but I know I'd rather quest than spend my whole time in one spot piping for a rare monster for a certain amount of time. Most of my rares have come as a surprise. I'd rather be surprised every once in awhile, then be disappointed constantly (after so many pipes).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-15 04:06 ]</font>

YES, pipe! Piping isn't bad at all if you really want what you're looking for. only took about 10 pipes last night for my Sange, and about 35 minutes when i got my God/HP in Vhard!

ctrl
Jul 15, 2003, 03:06 PM
I wasn't really looking for anything but the sil dragon left me a Yamato on VH. Way better than my Stag Cutterly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Demi_Thresh0
Jul 15, 2003, 07:54 PM
I found an agito, not the real one while not lookin for it and it isnt very nice...neway yes piping is good it got me my frozen shooter toook me 2 tors 15 native, 20 dark not bad for me. oh yea i hate tollaws 8 hours of looking for milla and no luck grrr... see me say "gather" at the pics of endless 4!

Soukosa
Jul 15, 2003, 07:59 PM
I was working on clearing quests in V. Hard so I could replay certain ones to get certain rares easier, when I come across a Nar Lily. It happened to leave me a God/Body, which is something I was going to pipe for. I also picked 2 Cure/Poisons along the way, those will be useful when piping for more Nars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SubstanceD
Jul 16, 2003, 02:28 AM
The only decent Rares that I have found while not expecting to find anything are a Delsabres Right Arm ( Delsabre Buster ) and a Delsabres Left Arm ( Delsabre Shield ). Everything else that I have found that is decent I found because I was specifically looking for it. Everything else is is a commmon Rare.

By the way I also concider to Photon Drops to be very, very valuable Rares since my goal is to get a Black King Bar and in the last week or two my total has gone up from 5 to 19 and I was not expecting to get any. So I also cocider tis to be stuff that I was lucky to get but was not expecting to find at all.

Creasian
Jul 16, 2003, 07:50 AM
On 2003-07-15 04:05, AxemPunanny wrote:

On 2003-07-15 02:55, Creasian wrote:

how bout that celestial armor that supposedly is dropped in one of those boxes. I never found that. I've found and seen in shops 4-slotted Guardian Armors & Ultimate frames. I don't remember how I got my one 4-slotted Divinity Armor. I remember how those were the top four armors in version 1. Mind you, I'm talking about the DC version. Now they are merely just "green-fonted" armors (no longer that rare) in Xbox/GCN.

How about the old parasetic armor from the good old worm? I am pretty pretty darn sure ifound one of those, back then i didnt know too much though, noticed it sucked hp though heh. yeah i know i found a celestrial 3 slots, but i never got a 4 slot back in version 1. and a couple divinities but my highest 4 slot was ultimate. being skyly armor in shops wasnt allways too great. HELL all us old people remember how a Green plain double saber made us jump for joy? I lost my first one to a player who stole it when i died in mines <curse's>

also, MY first really good unexpected find on Gamecube was flowens shield. Was i think the last time i played in febuary with my skyly, dropped in one of those badly damaged rooms.. i never saw the red box cause it was under the bridge! i got lost and wound up back there somehow.. after being so mad at going wrong way,. and boom a flowens shield..

P.S. I havent played in so so many months, i forgot if shield are in red boxs now, and alli do know it was a flowen armor, not sword. So not sure if it was his Armor or his Shield, but it had flowen and was not his sword.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Creasian on 2003-07-16 05:53 ]</font>

kingmurp
Jul 16, 2003, 08:01 AM
I'd have to say that my favorite unexpected rare was a Imperial Pick (one of my weapons of choice), that i found on my ongoing quest for the agito. Now my best rare, would have to be my demo comet 0/0/20/20/15.