PDA

View Full Version : What does Combat Gear look like?

Skankhair
Jul 14, 2003, 08:21 PM
My Ranger can't use it for quite a few more levels. In the mean time, I want to know how it will look.

What shape is it? What color? etc....

Thanks.

*and no, there is no pic of it in the item database.

VulpesMundi
Jul 14, 2003, 09:12 PM
Back on the DC/PC the Combat Gear didn't have an appearance at all (like all the basic barriers and shields). Odds are it wasn't given an appearance for E1&2, either.

Skankhair
Jul 14, 2003, 10:04 PM
Hmmmm... I've heard from two people that it does change how you look. I know 2 people that think it looks "cool". Maybe they are thinking of something else, or maybe they did add a visual change for it.

Either way, thanks for the info.

***those 2 people don't remember what it looks like though, or else I would just ask them. They both just claim that it looked cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-14 20:05 ]</font>

Cengah
Jul 14, 2003, 10:55 PM
Not to be mean or anything but i think that those two lied to you.

For the most part armor frames shields and barriers don't change the way you look. Except if its an evolved barrier like Foie merge or stuff like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cengah on 2003-07-14 21:02 ]</font>

NodMan
Jul 15, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-07-14 20:55, Cengah wrote:
Not to be mean or anything but i think that those two lied to you.

For the most part armor frames shields and barriers don't change the way you look. Except if its an evolved barrier like Foie merge or stuff like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cengah on 2003-07-14 21:02 ]</font>

And so do all the rare items execpt for a few, and if I remember right Combat Gear kinda looks like Secret Gear when you block other than that it is just like Secret Gear it doesn't appear until you block.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 02:26 AM
Appearance is overrated. Sometimes that Rafoie Merge annoys the hell out of me. God that thing is so UGLY. Some of the sheilds with appearances I see screen shots of and they're really ugly. o_O And some of the armor with visual effects looks kind of eh too. Although the Guard Wave isn't bad, I have one and the effect is rather simple and elegant and doesn't annoy me... You should probably be glad if it -doesn't- have an appearance. ^^;

dropslash
Jul 15, 2003, 02:39 AM
Lot's of shields and armor have cool visual effects. My DF Field is really neat, the green pulse matches my section ID crest, and it's visable in dark rooms, so teammates know where i am. (that and my Rati's wings glow). The Tripolic Shield is pretty simple looking, it's block animation throws up sparks as it's hit. The sound is pretty cool too, a dull thud.

As a HUcaseal i've seen lots of shield effects (go EVP!), and although lot's of people scoff at the idea, i think having matching equipment is important!

I haven't seen Combat Gear yet, i'll see if i can track one down and get a screenshot to post.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 02:44 AM
On 2003-07-15 00:39, dropslash wrote:
Lot's of shields and armor have cool visual effects. My DF Field is really neat, the green pulse matches my section ID crest, and it's visable in dark rooms, so teammates know where i am. (that and my Rati's wings glow). The Tripolic Shield is pretty simple looking, it's block animation throws up sparks as it's hit. The sound is pretty cool too, a dull thud.

As a HUcaseal i've seen lots of shield effects (go EVP!), and although lot's of people scoff at the idea, i think having matching equipment is important!

I haven't seen Combat Gear yet, i'll see if i can track one down and get a screenshot to post.

Yeah, block effects can look neat. I always liked the Divinity Barrier. I was talking more about things that actually sit there, like Merges. Bleh, some of it's fugly.
I love the Guard Wave. It's not annoying, and the effect actually reminds me, of all things, of my favorite Rurouni Kenshin ending, which has a similar effect glint off a sword at the end. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But yeah. And aren't Rati wonderful? *huggles Fluffy*

dropslash
Jul 15, 2003, 03:07 AM
Love Heart is hilarious, if not exactly appropriate for all characters. It's hard to retain the air of cold, tough, determined HUcaseal when everytime you pass by a male character little hearts bubble up. Same with Saftey Heart. Part of me really wants one, another part says "Cale would never, never, run around with a giant pink heart strapped to her forearm, no matter what kind of defensive boost it gives her."

The God Shields are interesting, all old skool looking.

My favorite so far is Secure Feet, i just wish classes aside from RAmar could equip it.

Deus-Irae
Jul 15, 2003, 03:22 AM
i can confirm: Combat Gear does not show. i found one a ways back but ditched it pretty quickly. might be decent for a low level RA for a little bit though.

Milky
Jul 15, 2003, 04:53 AM
Yea, you cant tell just by looking that you have it on.
Nice for rangers though(well, my one anyway)

Which is almost exactly what the guy before me said, oops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milky on 2003-07-15 02:54 ]</font>

Skankhair
Jul 15, 2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks for all of the info. I had a friend put on the Combat Gear today, and it doesn't show up. Maybe the guys that told me it looked cool meant during the block animation, or were thinking of something else. They didn't have a reason to lie to me- I just told them I got the CG, and they said "Cool, that shield looks sweet" or something to that effect.

I know a lot of the shields look ugly, but I like any items that make my characters look different. My Guardwave, Delsaber's Shield and Blue Merge are 3 examples. So I'm looking for a good Ranger shield that will change my appearence. Any ideas? Secure feet maybe?

gamerdell7
Jul 15, 2003, 03:25 PM
does anyone have any pics of merged items?

Skankhair
Jul 15, 2003, 03:29 PM
On the http://www.pso-world.com mainpage, click on the item database link. It has pics of all of the Merges.