PDA

View Full Version : HUmar vs. HUnewearl, an attempt at comparison.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 02:07 AM
Not sure if this belongs here on in Mag/Quest/Section ID, but it seems to belong more here since it has only a little to do with Mags, and nothing at all to do with quests or section IDs... Anyways.

Inspired by the poll on best tanking force, here is a comparison, with notes I've added in, of the HUmar and HUnewearl, in an attempt to settle in my mind which is better, and possibly help anyone deciding between the two. Stats are from this site, opinions are mine:

First off, we start with base L200 stats. Why look at base stats? We'll get to that eventually. Anyway.

L200 Base:

HP

HUmar: 1420
HUnewearl: 1308

HUmar wins here. What does 112 HP mean, you ask? Well, generally, not much. But an extra 112 HP means one more hit you can take before you -need- Resta or you'll die, which can sometimes help.

TP

HUmar: 793
HUnewearl: 1084

HUnewearl wins this, hands down. Huge difference. Not much use for it, though, unless you're soloing, in which case more TP lets you cast J/Z a few more times. If you've got a good support FO you won't need your own TP too much.

ATP

HUmar: 943
HUnewearl: 835

HUmar wins here, over 100 ATP more. More ATP = more damage = things die faster. Although at a certain point it doesn't matter much anymore. >P

DFP

HUmar: 422
HUnewearl: 538

HUnny wins on DFP, quite a bit more than the HUmar there. Not too bad. We'll see later that this is somewhat moot.

MST

HUmar: 594
HUnewearl: 885

I don't think anything needs to be said here, HUnewearl wins this. HUnewearl wins this even comparing her base to his max. MST isn't exactly vital to a Hunter, though, so the usefulness of this is questionable unless you plan on cheating and using the Canabin trick. Your Resta will be more effective, is about all.

ATA

HUmar: 174
HUnewearl: 147

Nothing at -all- needs to be said here, the numbers speak for themselves...

EVP

HUmar: 682
HUnewearl: 666

HUmar wins now, doesn't win later. Although here is clinching proof that HUnewearls are the devil. ;-P

Max:

HP/TP See above

ATP

HUmar: 1397
HUnewearl: 1237

The HUmar continues his ATP dominance, by about the same margin.

DFP

HUmar: 579
HUnewearl: 589

This one is difficult to call. HUnny has a smaller difference, but you might want to save those mats for something else. HUmar on the other hand, has a much, much larger difference, but can also better afford to spare the mats needed. It matters little regardless, as you'll wind up about the same regardless. HUnny's got a bit of an edge, though.

MST

HUmar: 732
HUnewearl: 1177

Again, this continues to be a joke, as the HUnewearl's MST approaches FO-level. Good luck getting her to that max, though.

ATA

HUmar: 200
HUnewearl: 199

Aha, you say, see, it doesn't matter! They're almost the same! Wrong. Nope. Remember those base stats? Yep. HUmar needs 52 levels of DEX on his Mag and he's maxed, or two God/Arms. HUnny would need either a ton of DEX or 4 God/Arms or the DEX and a couple of God/Arms to reach her max. And at lower levels her ATA is still going to lag behind the HUmars unless she compensates with lots of DEX and/or God/Arms.

EVP

HUmar: 756
HUnewearl: 811

HUnewearl wins again, but as usual, you'll have a bit of squickiness getting her there.

-----

Techniques

HUmar: L15, No S/D, Anti L5
HUnewearl: L20, Anti L7

Well now. Here's one of the main reasons given for the HUnny's superiority. Now whether you're offline/soloing or playing on a good team with a support Force makes or breaks this arguement. If you're offline/solo, the HUnewearl obviously wins, her L20 S/D/J/Z will be wonderful crutches if you can't handle things on your own, and her L7 Anti will be nice if you get J/Zed by a Sinow Zele and can't overwrite it with your S/D, and your Shifta will likely put you above a HUmar without it. This falls completely apart if you're on a team with a good support force, as your own S/D/J/Z are likely nothing compared to your Force's. A HUmar's higher ATP means, yes, that he will indeed do more damage with say, L30 Shifta, than a HUnny will with the same thing. Attack techs aren't particularily wonderful for a Hunter, either. Even a HUmar's crappy L15 Rabarta can still freeze enemies. His crap L15 Gizonde can still Shock things. You shouldn't be doing the Canabin trick anyways, so don't even give me that. :-P Hmm... Can't forget Mylla and Youlla, either, that's about L21? 22? S/D, better than a HUnny's and available to both provided you evolve your Mag right... So when that kicks in things even out, even in solo offline.

Materials

HUmar: 250
HUnewearl: 150

This is where the HUmar -really- excels. You can even get away with no DEX at all on your Mag with a HUmar, because of the 30 ATA from two God/Arms will take it from L200 Base to max. How is this relavent to mats? Well, you can take those 52 levels of DEX he needs, and use them to help max his MST or his DFP. A proper Mag, a couple of God/Arms, wise material distribution and a God/Luck if you're in need of extra, and you're completely set. HUnny's got great max stats, but good luck seeing most of them. Those 100 mats and the higher base ATA of the HUmar means he has a much easier job of reaching his full potential...

Attack animations

HUnny has better Sword animation, IMO. HUmar has better Partisan and Saber, also IMO. Guns are more or less the same, although the HUnny has a -much- better tech animation with Mechguns. Dagger is basically identical. HUnny's unarmed looks better, but how often do you attack without a weapon? Never used Claws on either, and cannot pass judgement on Katanas, Double Sabers and Twin Swords, as I've only used them on the HUmar(Well, I've used double sabers with a FOmar, but that's moot to this). Someone care to make a judgment on those weapon types?

This all probably sounds horribly fangirlish on behalf of the HUmar, but when you look at things, he really -does- have his advantages. Sure, the HUnny may be 'fuckably cute', but a HUmar is a nice smooth ride from L1 onwards... *shrug* Just some food for thought. Any disagreements/horrible mistakes I've made/whatever? Please, correct me. I'm not trying to convince everyone to use HUmars, just trying to figure out which is better in the long run, and right now the HUmar seems to do it more for me, even if I -am- offline. However, I'm willing to try to get over my distaste for slutty HUnny's in Daisy Dukes and make and stick with one if I can be convinced it's worth my while. May do it anyways, just so I can someday get some -use- out of that Heart of Poumn Mr. Love Rappy dropped my L43 SKYLY FOmar when I piped him on my first excursion into Ult with him... ^^; Meh. And if you've actually read -all- of this, you deserve a cookie and a lifetime supply of the softdrink of your choice. O_o; And please, don't post saying the HUnny is better because the HUmar is ugly. I'm talking stats, maxing those stats, and general other little things. I do not generally tend to think of my characters in a sexual sense, thank you very much. Whether it's a male or female ass I stare at means nothing to me.

Firocket1690
Jul 15, 2003, 02:14 AM
well ... on another note,
HUnewearls are wAyY hotter than those damn HUmars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
*hugs*

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 02:39 AM
I believe I specifically asked to not have those kinds of comments. *thwap* :razz: Goofball. *hugs back. *inno* I am not a hormonal male. ;-P

Creasian
Jul 15, 2003, 03:10 AM
Well i can add this

Humar needs 849 points to go from level 200 base to max level 200 stats wise, does not include hp/tp

Hunny needs 942 points to go from level 200 base to max level 200 stats wise, does not include hp/tp

So 93 points needed between them for max stats.

Honestly concerning the spells, thats the only real thing seperating these 2. Damage wise of course. Although, so much far as mag stats and suchbecomes obsolete as you gain levels. I would just believe the trick would bemake the mag you wanna wear at the end, and use your mats for whatever else needs it. Yeah reaching all max stats as a hunny needs to be planned out carefully. Humar are better at being a hunter as a tank/fighter in that sense, hunnys are not behind much at all, but still some. Though the level 20 techs and the MST levls is a good balancer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Creasian on 2003-07-15 01:17 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Jul 15, 2003, 03:33 AM
Humans excel in getting the max stats. They have 250 mats which is 500 points as opposed to the newman/droids of 150 mats 300 points. Humar is probably the better online hunter (if there is a force on the team) while Hune is better for solo/offline or if there is no force.

Bart
Jul 15, 2003, 03:49 AM
i agree with the above statement

VulpesMundi
Jul 15, 2003, 04:25 AM
On 2003-07-15 00:07, Ian-KunX wrote:
HUmar has better Partisan and Saber, also IMO.

Actually, every class in the game has the exact same partisan animation. There's no difference at all.

Never used Claws on either, and cannot pass judgement on Katanas, Double Sabers and Twin Swords, as I've only used them on the HUmar (Well, I've used double sabers with a FOmar, but that's moot to this). Someone care to make a judgment on those weapon types?

For claws, katanas, twins, and paired swords individually between HUmar and HUnewearl: the animations look different, but basically have nearly identical speed, hit-detection, approach movement, and cooldown.

One thing a lot of people leave out of comparisons is maximum ability points. Not including HP and TP... A HUmar can have up to 3764 total points, and can max that out relatively easily. A HUnewearl can have up to 4113 (highest maximum out of all 12 classes), but cannot quite max that out and winds up with roughly 4017 (still the highest total) on an optimized character. It's not that big of a deal when you consider the variance of important stats (ATP and ATA are the most important for a weapon-user). Still, it's interesting to know.

However, if you want to get into technicalities of who's better solo/in a team with no force versus who's better in a team with a force, then it has to be pointed out that a HUnewearl still stands as the best solo/no force hunter since they can constantly support themselves and a HUcast stands as the best with force hunter due to sheer tank power (and the addition of traps). Granted you don't seem interested in a HUcast, I just thought it needed to be said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Creasian
Jul 15, 2003, 05:25 AM
also would be in the hands of the player how to best make due with what you do have. But honestly, i think almost every class is balanced somehow. so its basically how you wish to look and your preference of arsenal. As a humar iused many techs on ultimate to even out the field until igot stronger, and eve when i did they helped out a whole lot. you may find yourself hurting if you try and just run up and slash slash

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 05:35 AM
Ahh, thanks, everyone. That helps me quite a bit. I think I probably will make a HUnny and play her for a while. Question would be whether to make her PURPLENUM or GREENILL as I already have one of every other section ID. >P It'll either have to wait or require the death of my RAmarl I don't care for that much(She's BLUEFULL, so no huge monster loss there, either), though, since I don't want to delete anybody else, not even Elly. She's good for abuse, and she's a FO so I can twink her to death and get her to Ult in a couple day's time if I ever decide I have a pressing need for God/Powers or something else VIRIDIA drops.

And you're right, I have no interest in a HUcast. I like either twinking and running through to Ult as fast as possible, or playing untwinked these days... Can't race well with a Hunter, FOs, especially mars, are better suited to that, and HUcasts are Satan untwinked with that god-awful ATA. I tried that once. I hated it with a passion that defies words. O_o; HUnny at least has -some- ATA... Meh, I'll probably do a combo of twinked/untwinked. Just give her a Mag and let her find her own crap. >P ...The problem of course is going to be making a HUnny that doesn't give me hives, which isn't going to be easy as I prefer my characters to, y'know, actually wear clothing. ^_-;;; Well, I dunno, I wouldn't mind a half-naked FOmar. *cough*

I'm going to continue using Ian-Kun, of course, I like HUmars quite a lot, even if nobody else does(Kind of like how I love VR Temple, even if everyone else seems to think it needs to die. O_o;). Besides, it took too damn long to get him to his current pathetic level of 105 as it is. X_x; Although maybe if I occasionally played the game instead of sitting there piping whatever the hell for three days straight. >P I'll even try to get the HUnny to Ult this time before I decide I don't like her instead of deciding after a few levels. ...Then again, I liked my FOmar, HUcaseal and FOnewm after just a few levels, and I've always liked my HUmar, even when I was dying 20 times trying to get through Normal Forest because I didn't know what the hell I was doing yet. XD Good memories.

Now. Someone convince me to try a FOnewearl. >P

And let's continue a debate on this, I want to know people's actual opinions that don't consist of 'HUmars are ugly!' and 'HUnewearls are sexy!'. Just mild curiosity. ^^;

Daikarin
Jul 15, 2003, 06:27 AM
Ok, THAT's it.

*Deletes HUmar*

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 07:05 AM
On 2003-07-15 04:27, New Ultimate wrote:
Ok, THAT's it.

*Deletes HUmar*

...Mine or yours, and if it's mine, which one of mine? I have two. And why would you want to delete a perfectly good HUmar? ;_;

lil_devil
Jul 15, 2003, 07:30 AM
ive played with a HUneweral since ive started and i find her really good with practicly anything i CAN use ^_^;(considering i didnt start that long ago and im only L21 heh). ive played a bit with a HUmar, but i got tired of leveling him up. it isnt that i dont like him its just i was working on lil devil at the time. HUnewerals are my favourite. but HUmars are also my favourite. im not picking between both of them. i just usually choose HUnewerals because im a girl and i like playing as a girl.

lain2k3
Jul 15, 2003, 08:44 AM
There was an excellent debate on this same exact topic on Game faqs. After sveral pages of making excellent points on both sides, the resulting conclusion was that the HUnewearl is hands down the best offline/solo player. In multi, the HUnewearl doesnt increase her effectiveness but much, where as the HUmar greatly improves with the aid of a force. So in the end, online, they are about the same in effectiveness, but offline the HUneweral is supreme. As for attack animations, the HUnewearl has the better sword animation, along with quicker animation for doublesabers and katanas. The HUmars first hit on a doublesaber is quite slow, as is the second. On Katanas, his third his is much slower with the dramatic pause at the end, which could kill you with your weaker resta. So the HUmar will usually need a God/battle equipped in place of the extra God/arm that the HUneawearl will need for her lacking ATA.

Monomate
Jul 15, 2003, 09:52 AM
On 2003-07-15 03:35, Ian-KunX wrote:
Ahh, thanks, everyone. That helps me quite a bit. I think I probably will make a HUnny and play her for a while. Question would be whether to make her PURPLENUM or GREENILL as I already have one of every other section ID. >P It'll either have to wait or require the death of my RAmarl I don't care for that much(She's BLUEFULL, so no huge monster loss there, either), though, since I don't want to delete anybody else, not even Elly. She's good for abuse, and she's a FO so I can twink her to death and get her to Ult in a couple day's time if I ever decide I have a pressing need for God/Powers or something else VIRIDIA drops.

And you're right, I have no interest in a HUcast. I like either twinking and running through to Ult as fast as possible, or playing untwinked these days... Can't race well with a Hunter, FOs, especially mars, are better suited to that, and HUcasts are Satan untwinked with that god-awful ATA. I tried that once. I hated it with a passion that defies words. O_o; HUnny at least has -some- ATA... Meh, I'll probably do a combo of twinked/untwinked. Just give her a Mag and let her find her own crap. >P ...The problem of course is going to be making a HUnny that doesn't give me hives, which isn't going to be easy as I prefer my characters to, y'know, actually wear clothing. ^_-;;; Well, I dunno, I wouldn't mind a half-naked FOmar. *cough*

I'm going to continue using Ian-Kun, of course, I like HUmars quite a lot, even if nobody else does(Kind of like how I love VR Temple, even if everyone else seems to think it needs to die. O_o;). Besides, it took too damn long to get him to his current pathetic level of 105 as it is. X_x; Although maybe if I occasionally played the game instead of sitting there piping whatever the hell for three days straight. >P I'll even try to get the HUnny to Ult this time before I decide I don't like her instead of deciding after a few levels. ...Then again, I liked my FOmar, HUcaseal and FOnewm after just a few levels, and I've always liked my HUmar, even when I was dying 20 times trying to get through Normal Forest because I didn't know what the hell I was doing yet. XD Good memories.

Now. Someone convince me to try a FOnewearl. >P

And let's continue a debate on this, I want to know people's actual opinions that don't consist of 'HUmars are ugly!' and 'HUnewearls are sexy!'. Just mild curiosity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

definitely make her a PURPLENUM, her mechguns will make her quite an adversary in ultimate, Particularly the L&K14 with its luck advantage and decent accuracy and speed.

on another note...

my very first char was a HUnewearl only because i wanted a HUnter, and i hated the HUmar, and the HUnewearl was sexy and could use techs (reason why i chose her over HUcast and HUcaseal...although...i really like my new HUcaseal...). Although i quickly decided that the only way to make a decent HUnewearl was use the default clothes (all the others really make her look slutty...). If not for her corruption i would still use her. However, now i use a FOnewearl, and consider her to be the best char in the game (although i used to think they were retarded http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif) her techs are velly good (if only i could find some high level ones...) and i like the penetrating megid...it kills stuff even when it don't kill the stuff i want to kill...and now that she's gotten a Rati and a Sato, she has velly good MAGs for different stats...so...in essence...I LOVE MY FONEWEARL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/love.gif

on another totally random note: thankee for quoting me! now i feel...important...

edit: i feel important!!!lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deathscythe_hell_custom on 2003-07-15 07:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deathscythe_hell_custom on 2003-07-15 07:55 ]</font>

happyalloy
Jul 15, 2003, 10:28 AM
If you want a good support FO with strong attack techs, FOnewearls are the best because of their increased Resta range, which really helps out your buddies.

As for the HUnewearl clothing, theres quite a few outfits that cover her up; like the yellow one on the second row, or the purple one on the second row, or the white one on the top row. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AtlusSeven
Jul 15, 2003, 06:05 PM
I wrote all this stuff up on the GameFAQs board. I'll just copy and paste the majority of it. Perhaps it will help you out some.

~~~~~

HUmar--

Level 200 w/NO Materials used--

ATP--943
DFP--422
MST--594
ATA--174
EVP--682
LCK--10

Potential Max stats--

ATP--1397
DFP--579
MST--732
ATA--200
EVP--756
LCK--100

Difference--

ATP--454
DFP--157
MST--138
ATA--26
EVP--74
LCK--90

250 total NON-HP Materials--

POWER--x110
DEFENSE--x66
MIND--x12
ACCURACY--n/a
EVADE--x27
LUCK--x35

MAG stats--

DEF--5
POW--107
DEX--48
MIND--40

Total ending stats after Materials, MAG, and equipping 1 *GOD/ABILILTY* armor unit--

ATP--1397
DFP--579
MST--718
ATA--200
EVP--756
LCK--100

In the end, the HUmar is only 14 points off from his maximum MST, and the rest of his stats are completely maxed out.

HUnewearl--

Level 200 w/NO Materials used--

ATP--835
DFP--538
MST--885
ATA--147
EVP--666
LCK--10

Potential Max stats--

ATP--1237
DFP--589
MST--1177
ATA--199
EVP--811
LCK--100

Difference--

ATP--402
DFP--51
MST--292
ATA--52
EVP--145
LCK--90

150 total NON-HP Materials--

POWER--x96
DEFENSE--x0
MIND--x0
ACCURACY--n/a
EVADE--x19
LUCK--x35

MAG stats--

DEF--5
POW--95
DEX--100
MIND--0

Total ending stats after Materials, MAG, and one *GOD/ABILITY*--

ATP--1237
DFP--563
MST--905
ATA--199
EVP--724
LCK--100

ATP, ATA, and LCK are maxed. DFP and EVP are somewhat close. MST doesn't need to be beefed up because outside of Resta, a HUnewearl won't benefit much from it. She should rely more on her weapons and S/D/J/Z.

Offline, the HUnewearl clearly dominates over the HUmar due to 4 simple facts--level 20 Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure.

For comparison sake (and to further my point on the GameFAQs board...the same debate that Lain2k3 mentioned...I'm Malakai over there, BTW), I did the figures--

First off, go here--

http://www.pso-world.com/damagecalc.php

For the sake of fairness, I took each Hunter class and entered their true maximum ATP values--

- HUmar--1397
- HUnewearl--1237
- HUcast--1639
- HUcaseal--1301

I compared the damage each class would do using a fully grinded Red Sword (+52 fully grinded). Fully grinded, the Red Sword adds 715 ATP. So that comes out to--

- HUmar--2112
- HUnewearl--1952
- HUcast--2354
- HUcaseal--2016

I then used the ONLINE Ultimate Mode Indi Belra as the target, seeing as how it has the highest DFP of all enemies in PSO.

Then I factored in Shifta and Zalure for those classes that are able to use them (remember--we're comparing SOLO). So--

- HUmar--level 15 Zalure
- HUnewearl--level 20 Shifta and Zalure
- HUcast--no S/D/J/Z
- HUcaseal--no S/D/J/Z

End damage result to the Indi Belra?

(NOTE--the first number is a normal attack, the second is a heavy attack.)

- HUmar--243/459
- HUnewearl--303/574
- HUcast--233/441
- HUcaseal--172/326

HUnewearl is the clear winner in the damage department when playing solo.

Online is another story. Having a Force around (with level 30 S/D/J/Z) will bump the HUnewearl down to 3rd place.

I hope all this helps you out some.

~7

s.TiNgEr
Jul 15, 2003, 06:10 PM
HUnewearl definitly in my opinion. so much MST for a hunter, and her shifta ability makes up for her lower ATP

Ganymede
Jul 15, 2003, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately, the only use of a HUnewearl I have is a little one named Erin, whose only purpose is to give me something physical to describe in me and my friend's story. Personally, I can't stand the clothing choices, so she's just kinda... there. I mean, look at second costume 6... geez, that isn't quite necessary. Though they're quite good, my friend (other person, have too many PSO friends) uses one, and he's got a good solid set of power behind him. But for me, the HUmar is just the rank I choose.

Besides, they're so damn short... I feel like I'm going to trip over my friend with Ganymede. So yeah. HUmar to this warrior.

Aredhel
Jul 15, 2003, 09:20 PM
I would first off like to say GREAT POST! Thank you all for your excellent compilation skills *applauds*

Secondly, PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE NUMBERS! Live out your phantasy in the digital world, don't steer towards efficiency at the cost of what you think may make your leisure experience stale. Have fun. If your idea of fun is being the best and at the top of your game, then whatever - you're sick. All those who seek creative freedom within the parameters of a fictional world.....

Yaargh! Witness the violence inherent in the system! Help! I'm being oppressed!

*is soon carried off by the thought police*

Ganymede
Jul 15, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-07-15 19:20, Aredhel wrote:
I would first off like to say GREAT POST! Thank you all for your excellent compilation skills *applauds*

Secondly, PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE NUMBERS! Live out your phantasy in the digital world, don't steer towards efficiency at the cost of what you think may make your leisure experience stale. Have fun. If your idea of fun is being the best and at the top of your game, then whatever - you're sick. All those who seek creative freedom within the parameters of a fictional world.....

Yaargh! Witness the violence inherent in the system! Help! I'm being oppressed!

*is soon carried off by the thought police*

Amazing. I could not have said it better. This young lady should win a medal for this post. *gives her a medal*

AtlusSeven
Jul 15, 2003, 10:13 PM
Oh, I agree 100%. One should play whatever they're more comfortable with, or whatever is more fun for them. I mean, that's what videogames are all about, right? Having fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I just enjoy "doing the numbers" for classes in RPGs. It's a challenge, and I like the process. Plus it's interesting for me so see the end results. And....it's fun to debate and discuss such things with others (as long as it's civil).

So, yeah. Don't let the numbers sway you. Do your own thing and have fun. Variety is the spice of life. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

~7

Sham
Jul 15, 2003, 11:11 PM
I see it like this:

If you like being independent and less-reliant on the aid of others, or will solo often, pick HUnewearl.

If you want to be the "better" hunter, pick HUmar. (Better since he excels in all the things a Hunter should, ATP, HP, and good ATA to compliment it.)

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 12:14 AM
If you're a tech leech, then go Humar and hope to God you're paired up with a good Force/Hunny/Ramarl.

If you like to play in any game without worrying about Force support, then go Hunny.

You guys know it is possible to do Ultimate Ruins online using just lv 20 S/D/J/Z? If your char is high level enough, she can even do it by herself - at least, until she needs to hit 2 switches to open a door. And whatever a Hunewearl can do, a Ramarl can do twice as good, so go figure.

umbrella
Jul 16, 2003, 01:33 AM
In my charactorial ( if that is a word ) opinion, I like the hunewearl better.. I love the way she chops through things with her daggers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
and the spells does make a difference..
If I were you, I'd go with her.

Sedyne
Jul 16, 2003, 08:40 AM
HUnewearls are the most dominant characters in the game. I just choose HUmar because I prefer not to run around as a female with a mans voice.

Newearl completely owns HUmar at level 200 comparison.

rena-ko
Jul 16, 2003, 09:17 AM
HUnewearls can be anything they want, good hunters, decent rangers, replacement teamforce, they have all the techs (except the force only).

HUmars on the other hand... can... use... stag cutleries.
and do more damage, but they have to rely on m&y like an android, or on a team force.

i admit, i never played as a humar so far, but they simply don't fit my ... style... 'FOrce by heart' and stuff... you know...

NeiLast
Jul 16, 2003, 01:16 PM
One more bit about maxing the HUnewarl:

You will need 2 mags: One for maxing ATP/ATA, and one for MST.

For some parts of the game, since the HUnewarl can have such high MST for a hunter (basically force-like), techs can be better than weapons sometimes.

Running around in the easier difficulty looking for rares, fighting Del Rol Le in mid game in Hard/Vhard, or some circumstances in the mines and other locations, things are best taken care of with techs offline.

K9999
Jul 16, 2003, 01:40 PM
another advantage with the HUnewearl is that they do the mines trick better than a HUmar could since of the FO like MST they get.

Lman90245
Jul 16, 2003, 01:56 PM
You also have to consiter the weapon availability for HUmar and HUnew, HUnew is the only class that can use the "real" nei's claw IE "ill gil drop" and also the only ones that can use "Heart of poumn". But HUmars have there weapons too, and so do HUcasts "Berdysh" I love that weapon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

EDIT: correcting an error 0.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-07-16 12:12 ]</font>

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 04:08 PM
I have a character I like to use on any game where I can make a custom character, named brainchild. I've given him a personality that I like to use when playing as him and everything. HUmar is the class that I found best suits his appearance and style. Did anyone else out there do something like this?

Then there's all those numbers. Go through a game on your own before retreating to strategy guides, you cowards. Man, who would study that much about the statistical advantages? ...oh wait, you guys. ;D

I like to feed my mag for DEX and MIND. HUmars already have power, and now I can switch between Hunter mode with my melee weapons, preferably Soul Eater, and Ranger mode with the Bravace I finally found. Then I can back it all up with what may be pitiful techniques when compared to a force, but at least I'm not running back to Pioneer 2 to feed my crack-fiend-like addiction to Fluid items.

Another thing that nobody has touched on so far: How many weapons does everybody usually carry around? My friends call me insane for carrying eight or nine different weapons at any given time. The spacific weapons vary, but I usually have a saber, double saber, handgun, mechgun, slicer, twin sabers, partisan, and a sword. Usually something high end in these categories, or something with Geist, Vulcans for instance, lovely for refilling my TP, or something with Berserk ability, like the Soul Eater.

The ways I raise my HUmar sets him apart from others. Many weapons for approaching many different situations, and magic for when I need to take advantage of an elemental weakness. Shifta was nice on the Dreamcast, but they had to take it off to even out the playing field so that HUnewearls can have SOMETHING over HUmars.

Oh, and Humars aren't ugly. Mine is adored by the ladies thank you, and hopefully HUnewearl's cute ass isn't distracting you from the Delsaber leaping toward your head.

Nai_Calus
Jul 16, 2003, 04:27 PM
On 2003-07-16 14:08, _brainchild wrote:
I have a character I like to use on any game where I can make a custom character, named brainchild. I've given him a personality that I like to use when playing as him and everything. HUmar is the class that I found best suits his appearance and style. Did anyone else out there do something like this?

Then there's all those numbers. Go through a game on your own before retreating to strategy guides, you cowards. Man, who would study that much about the statistical advantages? ...oh wait, you guys. ;D

I like to feed my mag for DEX and MIND. HUmars already have power, and now I can switch between Hunter mode with my melee weapons, preferably Soul Eater, and Ranger mode with the Bravace I finally found. Then I can back it all up with what may be pitiful techniques when compared to a force, but at least I'm not running back to Pioneer 2 to feed my crack-fiend-like addiction to Fluid items.

Another thing that nobody has touched on so far: How many weapons does everybody usually carry around? My friends call me insane for carrying eight or nine different weapons at any given time. The spacific weapons vary, but I usually have a saber, double saber, handgun, mechgun, slicer, twin sabers, partisan, and a sword. Usually something high end in these categories, or something with Geist, Vulcans for instance, lovely for refilling my TP, or something with Berserk ability, like the Soul Eater.

The ways I raise my HUmar sets him apart from others. Many weapons for approaching many different situations, and magic for when I need to take advantage of an elemental weakness. Shifta was nice on the Dreamcast, but they had to take it off to even out the playing field so that HUnewearls can have SOMETHING over HUmars.

Oh, and Humars aren't ugly. Mine is adored by the ladies thank you, and hopefully HUnewearl's cute ass isn't distracting you from the Delsaber leaping toward your head.

Heh, I'm only looking at the numbers because I want to know which is better in the long run, I've got a L105 HUmar so I know all about his ins and outs, but I'm interested in how he compares to the other fleshbag Hunter in the long run. ^^ I'm not currently online, so a HUnny would probably be a bit better what with Shifta and Deband and all, but I might someday be able to get online, and I want to know what will be best for eventualities... Seems like in the short term for offline a HUnny would be superior, but for team play online a HUmar would be a bit better...

I usually carry about 2-4 weapons on me. Depends on where I am and what I'm doing. Usually for Forest I've got my Lavis Cannon, Red Handgun and Demolition Comet. Caves brings out the Orotiagito, Demo Comet, Red Handgun and Red Partisan. Mines brings out the 30% Hit Fill Vulcan, Red Handgun and Demolition Comet. Ruins brings out the Red Partisan, Vulcan and Red Handgun. Temple is the same as Caves. VR Spaceship is Agito, Vulcan and Red Handgun. CCA is the same. I have yet to unlock Seabed on Ult.

HUmars aren't ugly, no, it's HUnewearls that are ugly. ^_^;

NaroX
Jul 16, 2003, 04:51 PM
The Hunewearl has the special ability to regrow or restor TP like the Android has w/ HP. Also Hunewearls can use Shifta and Deband unlike Humars.and plus i think Hunewearls r hot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 04:54 PM
HUnewearls ugly?! No! A little slutty at times, yes, upon reviewing their wardrobe there are just so many ways you can do short shorts it'll make your head spin.

Also, people seem to rely on Shifta alot from what I hear. I think it's nice, but I'm not going out of my way for it. In fact in an online/multiplayer game I prefer to run off on my own and fight hordes of enemies by myself. Splitting up makes things go faster.

Then about my weapons. Nice ones by the way. Sadly I have much more common stuff aside from the Bravace. As of right now I've got a Red Saber, Stag Cutlery, Bravace, Geist Vulcans (with 35% on hit, woo!^_^), Berserk Diska, Yamato (35% Machine, 45% Dark, 20% hit, beautiful), Sould Eater (searching for the Banish), and a Dragon Slayer. I tend to use the Soul Eater the most, it's good for groups or sometimes single enemies. I'm using the Yamato on Ultimate because of the accuracy boost and I've got this system down with the timing of my swipes so I can just barely evade most attacks. Same with the Red Saber. Anyways, your character doesn't necessarily have to be the best of the best number wise. Mine's hardly as strong as most other Hunters my level, but people tell me he's nice to have around because of the different ways I can deploy him to help, like providing cover fire and a well placed Gibarta.

Oh, and another thing. I prefer when people make characters that are their own gender, it's just weird when we've got a RAmar talking about his PMS.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 05:05 PM
I only ever bring 3-4 weapons at a time. I use my holy ray with 10 hit, my demo comet with 30 native and 50 dark, and a charge gungnir with 15 hit.

I end up killing things really fast, especially in mines where they bunch together.

Forever Zero
Jul 16, 2003, 07:02 PM
On 2003-07-16 14:54, _brainchild wrote:
Oh, and another thing. I prefer when people make characters that are their own gender, it's just weird when we've got a RAmar talking about his PMS.

I disagree. I'm a girl IRL and my main char is a HUmar. If anyone has a problem with it, then that's just tough. I love my HUmar and I wouldn't trade him for any other char.

afistrifeflac
Jul 16, 2003, 07:14 PM
No one can really win this little "argument" it really just depends on the person and how they like to play.

But ATP,MST,ATA, and so on i have no idea but hey who really cares?! have fun! discover isnt that what rpgs are all about?? (especially online ones)

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 07:30 PM
Ok, let me rephrase what I said earlier. If you're on an MMORPG as any gender, please do not speak of your monthly cycle. I'm just saying, it's just not proper online etiquite. Chances are, the people you are playing with don't want to hear about it.

afistrifeflac
Jul 16, 2003, 07:50 PM
lmao