PDA

View Full Version : GC: Anyone seen Echo the Dolphin in Seabed yet?

Nayofy
Jul 15, 2003, 10:09 AM
I was wondering if anyone has seen Echo the Dolphin in Seabed yet. My bro said you can see him in one of the rooms. If you have pictures can you post them?

Nayofy
Jul 15, 2003, 10:14 AM
Forget it I found them but the one on PSOW arent really big..does anyone else know anymore?

martian_man
Jul 15, 2003, 01:01 PM
wht u talkin bout

satoshi1
Jul 15, 2003, 01:07 PM
Uh.. echo the dolphin is in the seabeds? huh..

s.TiNgEr
Jul 15, 2003, 01:15 PM
??!!!

dolphin? Seabed? o_O

Kadou
Jul 15, 2003, 01:20 PM
Maybe I'm naive, but who is Echo the Dolphin?

K9999
Jul 15, 2003, 01:24 PM
Echo is a Sega character so if he is in then its probably just a homage to him

Asia_Skyly
Jul 15, 2003, 01:25 PM
Echo the Dolphin is yet another Sega Franchise (Burning Rangers, Afterburn, etc). It is the story of a Dolphin who has to save the Universe, well at least the planet. The games on the DC were gorgeous and difficult. A cult classic if nothing else. I loved playing that game, you control a dolphin in your adventures and in the process fight Sharks, communicate with other animals (dolphins mostly) and solve puzzles in sunken cities. It was somewhat of a platformer, somewhat a puzzle solving game and a lot of action. It was a great story and a great game. I sure hope that the rumors abour seeing Echo in the seabed are indeed true! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

muff
Jul 15, 2003, 01:26 PM
There is a dolphin in the seabed... doesn't make it echo.

Delsaber
Jul 15, 2003, 01:28 PM
Isn't it spelled Ecco? That's how you spell his name..

Micah
Jul 15, 2003, 06:21 PM
dolphins be good eatin

Daikarin
Jul 15, 2003, 06:37 PM
He's probably talking about a dolphin which you can see through a window in some Seabed rooms. I just don't think that's ecco, it can be any dolphin.

Shadow82
Jul 15, 2003, 06:49 PM
Ecco the dolphin thats probly fake.

OnnaWren
Jul 15, 2003, 06:53 PM
Well, one way to tell if it's really Ecco or not:

If he swims near enough so that you can see his forehead, if he has five stars (or star-shaped spots) upon it, then it's Ecco.

Otherwise, it's just an ordinary(?) Ragolian dolphin.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 07:06 PM
I want to know why Ragol has earth-type fish and dolphins. >P Everything else is all different and alien, but they just got lazy and made normal boring earth sea creatures. Tsk.

AngelofEnders
Jul 15, 2003, 07:48 PM
The earth creatures gotta represent ya know? The humans can't take all the credit.

Auracom
Jul 15, 2003, 07:54 PM
hehe I never saw any dolphins in seabed... I've seen tiny fish. I'll be sure to look out and snap a pic of me and him.

*runs to do dolphin hunts in seabed*

FinalHell
Jul 15, 2003, 10:24 PM
Theres a Dolphin PB blast... Get ur PB blast to 100 in Seabed, Summon the dolphin, and there ya go!!
I think that could be Ecco's second couzin since he looks all alien like...

Kalbelgarion
Jul 15, 2003, 10:42 PM
My God! This is conclusive evidence that Ragol is *not* Earth! If it was, then all the dolphins would have escaped when the Earthmen trashed the world, and they would have left behind a "So long, and thanks for all the fish!" note. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Artemidorus
Jul 15, 2003, 10:48 PM
Dude! Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy allusion! whoot whoo!

I've never even seen a dolphin~other than the Photon Blast thingy...

Nerd
Jul 16, 2003, 02:40 AM
I doubt a non-Sonic Team character would appear in a PSO game.

AxemPunanny
Jul 16, 2003, 03:33 AM
On 2003-07-15 17:06, Ian-KunX wrote:
I want to know why Ragol has earth-type fish and dolphins. >P Everything else is all different and alien, but they just got lazy and made normal boring earth sea creatures. Tsk.

Wait a minute, Boomas and hildebears sure look like bears. Mothmant look like mosquitoes. wolves look like wolves. Gibbons look/sound like monkeys. Meritas look like "man-eating" plants. They all look pretty earthlike to me. They are all mutated thanks to the injected sap from the Del Rol family. I understand your point that dolphin may look just like an ordinary dolphin (tho I haven't noticed it myself), but everything else does look like an earth counterpart.

It's a possibility that the people on Pioneer 1 genetically made some creatures to inhabit the planet, or affective them with genetic experiments. Of course, we wouldn't know for sure, since the game hasn't been solid in telling the story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-16 01:33 ]</font>

AUTO_
Jul 16, 2003, 03:46 AM
On 2003-07-16 01:33, AxemPunanny wrote:

It's a possibility that the people on Pioneer 1 genetically made some creatures to inhabit the planet, or affective them with genetic experiments. Of course, we wouldn't know for sure, since the game hasn't been solid in telling the story.

Well, see!

That's why everyone gets to make up their own bogus rumors and off-the-wall theories!

In mine, Ragol doesn't exist, and my REAL character playing the character is dreaming it all.

It's deep--you wouldn't understand.

rena-ko
Jul 16, 2003, 10:49 AM
i've seen the dolphin once, online, you'll have to find the right window, it'll swim around before the window. i searched offline for a bit to make a screenshot of it but maybe its online there on that one online-only map. dunno...

MasterForce
Jul 16, 2003, 10:58 AM
i always see him in the first room of the and he swims up close to the window in the second room. i havnt noticed any stars of his head yet

rena-ko
Jul 16, 2003, 11:11 AM
offline? or online?

Nayofy
Jul 16, 2003, 12:04 PM
Hmm. I haven't seen him. I don't know if it's online of offline bu the pic of the dolphin looks pretty comvincing... It may not be Ecco but companies are expected to put a cameo of one of their characters in one of their other games.I dont really see stars on his forehead..but shouldnt Ecco ( or any other dolphin) be mutated or maybe the virus didn't affect the underwater world?

LamerPanda
Jul 16, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-07-16 00:40, Nerd wrote:
I doubt a non-Sonic Team character would appear in a PSO game.

That's what I was thinking, as well. o_O Pretty sure Sonic Team had nothing to do with Ecco.

In mine, Ragol doesn't exist, and my REAL character playing the character is dreaming it all.

Are we thinking of PSO, or Super Mario Bros. 2 but more complex? o_o

LINX
Jul 16, 2003, 02:24 PM
Well, Ecco is no Sonic Team character, so i find it very doubtful that he would be in the Seabed. I mean, Burning Rangers, NiGHTS, Puyo Pop, Sonic are all ST games.

AUTO_
Jul 16, 2003, 02:30 PM
Yes, but the XBOX/GC version has a SEGA system as a MAG in it...so anything's possible.

Lman90245
Jul 16, 2003, 02:32 PM
I know that opa-opa was a sega character, was it from sonic team?

Lman90245
Jul 16, 2003, 02:38 PM
opa-opa was from this game

Fantasy Zone and Fantasy Zone II

it used to be an old arcade game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif look for yourself
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7755&letter=F

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 01:09 AM
no wonder that little guy looks so familiar. I had the game on NES. but i sold it... 8-bit games suck.
MOVE ON TO XBOX!!!