PDA

View Full Version : Glitch of DOOM

MQuantum
Jul 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
One day my friend was playing episode 2, trying to get to the Gal Griffon, when a Sinow Zele(?) warped OUT of the room, into another room. When my friend went to investigate, he found out that the Sinow could move and attack at will, while he couldn't even get a lock on it. It proceeded to send him to the medical clinic. Is this a killer glitch or what?!

lain2k3
Jul 15, 2003, 11:17 AM
All the sinows can go into other rooms, I dont know about not being able to target.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 15, 2003, 11:31 AM
yeh. that happensto me when a monster corners me near a dorway

Wang_Tang
Jul 15, 2003, 11:41 AM
Monsters can only be targeted inside the rooms that they are originally from. This has been happening since ver.1 with sinows leaping through doors and following characters, as well as delsabers leaping at you and landing in the hallways, etc.

Micah
Jul 15, 2003, 01:43 PM
thats why the targeting system of PSO sucks. you cant target enemies in certian places yet they can hit you anywhere. its uber lame. sega should take some advice from nintendos LOZ series targeting system if they ever try and make another one.

note of seriousness. worst targeting system ever.

Delsaber
Jul 15, 2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah. PSO's targeting system is uber-crap..

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2003, 02:53 PM
Boy, is it ever crap. Hey, let's target the box all the way across the room instead of the big nasty monster in front of my face. X_X Thank god for Gifoie and Rabarta, since half the time they're so close to the doorway you can't target them without coming in so far they smack you down before you can even start going after them. Actually, if you get stuck in a doorway with a fleshbag, and can't get out, I reccommend using whichever of those two is more appropriate, since Rabarta and Gifoie don't actually need targets. I'm not sure if Razonde does or not. You're kinda screwed with a HUmar or RAmar, since your techs will be arse, but a HUnewearl, RAmarl or Force should be able to take care of everything. Just heal like a mofo while you're doing it. X_X; Saved me a trip to the medical centre a few times. Stupid targetting system. Stupid Ruins. ...And the bad camera can put you into a trapped situation too. Yech.

Micah
Jul 15, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-07-15 11:47, Delsaber wrote:
Yeah. PSO's targeting system is uber-crap..

well said, especialy good use of the word uber.

ShaolinSteez
Jul 15, 2003, 04:45 PM
This happens to me sometimes too. When we're in Seabed, there are times when I can't lock onto the Sino Blues and Zeles. I can even walk through them. I just teleport up to town and then when I head back down, everything will be back to normal.

Goose
Jul 15, 2003, 04:50 PM
I was over my friends house and he was playing PSO on the DC and he got to that brown/orange/yellow room in MINE 1, anyway, to make a long story short, the sinow came into the hallway, my friend tried to kill it, but he couldnt and the thing kept hitting him, my friend got so anxious he stood up and was like, "No, I'll keeeeel you!" the sinow confused him, started doing more damage, as a last attempt to save himself, he quit game, but he was so crazy stupid at that moment that while he was saving he pulled out the controller...

Logical2u
Jul 15, 2003, 05:20 PM
1. I know monsters jump, but isnt there a barrier between rooms?
2. You cant target enemies in hallways... But you can target traps. I dont understand.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 15, 2003, 05:46 PM
On 2003-07-15 15:20, Logical2u wrote:
1. I know monsters jump, but isnt there a barrier between rooms?
2. You cant target enemies in hallways... But you can target traps. I dont understand.

1. apparantly there isn't in some areas o-O
2. remember, you can only attack stuff in the room that they came from, so the traps came from the hallway.

Soukosa
Jul 15, 2003, 05:53 PM
This has happened to me before.

http://www.geocities.com/kalonera/csinow.txt

I just ran for my life and it stopped at the door where it eventually disappeared and returned the ceiling of the room it came from.

Logical2u
Jul 15, 2003, 05:57 PM
Now I'm scared.

Para
Jul 15, 2003, 07:14 PM
hmm i was unaware that in the GC version sinows can leave the room of origin and enter other hallways...

i just know that chaos/dark bringers can move the closest to the door and whap across the line unlike other monsters..

s.TiNgEr
Jul 15, 2003, 07:30 PM
this doesnt happen to me often though...

Auracom
Jul 15, 2003, 07:49 PM
hehe sorta happened to me, but it was a Sinow Berril. In seaside nobody could target the damn thing. We ended up killing it though. Not to sure how, we just blasted away with our mechs and eventually it fell. Another occasion comes to mind... we couldn't target any of the enemies in F1. I just piped up and piped back down and the targeting was fine.

Naglu
Jul 15, 2003, 08:31 PM
A good addition to the targeting sys would be the ability to actualy aim with the guns and be abl;e to shoot from the halway into a room.

SC2
Jul 15, 2003, 08:37 PM
I was playin Control tower a monkey bitchslapped the hell outta me cause I couldn't target him, #$@%!

rena-ko
Jul 16, 2003, 05:25 AM
when something like that happens, retreat one more room and repeat. (or pipe, like auracom mentioned).

i agree its not nice when you get trapped in a zone (near the doors) where you cant target the enemies but then again, might be a good strategy to avoid them.

as harsh as it may sounds - and no offense to anyone really - but a good hunter should know what he or she's doing. whining over the 'crappy' targeting system is like whining over the fact that you fight in the dark sometimes. its just game-mechanics, cope with it.

peace and good luck.

dropslash
Jul 16, 2003, 07:16 AM
A few times tonight in Seabed i was able to target Sinow Zele's with my ChainSawd, but my swings were passing right through them. No 0's, no MISS's, just no type of connection what-so-ever.

Switching to a gun solved the problem, but for a second i was all, "wtf?!"

MQuantum
Jul 16, 2003, 07:18 AM
I don't really mind the targeting system, cause I usually use a multi hit weapon. I push the button, I hit at least one monster.

About the C bringer thing, I noticed that too. I was hiding in the doorway and the thing went beserk trying to slash me. It couldn't hit me, so I stood there and watched it. After about the 20 or so swing it finally DID hit though...

Old Seed
Jul 17, 2003, 12:16 PM
About the C bringer thing, I noticed that too. I was hiding in the doorway and the thing went beserk trying to slash me. It couldn't hit me, so I stood there and watched it. After about the 20 or so swing it finally DID hit though...

I as well. A slight difference though; after it hit me it was able to enter the hall and I was forced to introduce the bringer to my high level foie. The same has also happened to me with sinows and delsabers.... my theory is because they move foward as they swing they are able to enter the room illegally. Another example of this was 'door passing' in vers 1 on dreamcast. But sometimes theyve just walked right in never having to swing... O_o when youre in the hallway, not facing the door way, and you are trying to customize something or use a grinder, this can be hazardous to your health.

Reenee
Jul 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
On 2003-07-15 15:57, Logical2u wrote:
Now I'm scared.

Oh really?

In Version 2, I had that one variation where close to the end, you had 3 Sinow Blues to deal with. I had my RAcast and I needed to get out of the room briefly to feed my Mag...

Next thing you know, I'm all the way back at the beginning of the level. All of the Sinows followed me out and I could NOT attack them.