PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel that a rare item/monster would never appear before

TheDing
Jul 15, 2003, 12:01 PM
Me and several users have started a conversation about the factors to finding items and several came up. Of course Section ID was the first one we brought up. Then came Class and time and finally just plain luck. What if it didn't only depend on your id and some other factors were hidden from us.
I am asking all pso players out there to write about their experiences with rare items/monsters to reply. Did it take you forever to find a item/monster or are you still searching for it?
The more we write, the less this will be a mystery!

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 15, 2003, 12:07 PM
Yeah, me and some friends piped for a Red Slime in hard. (offline - i was the creater and im Pinkal) We must've piped somewhere around 50 times before we decided that the red slime could go screw himself.

But other times, I've seen a Red Slime without even trying to find one. I think this whole beat system has something to do with it, like maybe they only come out during prime numbers, or something weird like that...

TheDing
Jul 15, 2003, 12:10 PM
the beats might be another hidden factor expect you would think somebody by now would tell us when to go rare huntin.

Musashi-Slasher
Jul 15, 2003, 12:13 PM
I piped up and down for hours looking for a Red slime to find a Lavis Cannon. One day i found 5 or 6 and yesterday i found 2.

lain2k3
Jul 15, 2003, 12:17 PM
On 2003-07-15 10:07, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Yeah, me and some friends piped for a Red Slime in hard. (offline - i was the creater and im Pinkal) We must've piped somewhere around 50 times before we decided that the red slime could go screw himself.

But other times, I've seen a Red Slime without even trying to find one. I think this whole beat system has something to do with it, like maybe they only come out during prime numbers, or something weird like that...

Dude, 50 pipes is nothing, you're never going find the stuff from rare monsters if you give up that soon. I stop after about 400.

And I still seriously doubt that anything besides sec. ID and pure luck have anything to do with it.

But two weeks ago I saw a luminous field drop from a pinkal hildeblue in VH offline....

SubstanceD
Jul 15, 2003, 12:19 PM
Usually if I am looking for a specific Rare ( or several specific rares ) I will end up finding everything EXCEPT what I want.

As for Rare enemies, I have never seen a Red slime before and I have only seen 1 Hildablue. To me these Rare enemies are very, very rare. I have tried piping for them butI usually loose patience before that trick pays off.

To me getting Rare items is just dumb luck, I seriously doubt that there is a trick to it and that it is just random. I do however feel that there has to be somthing more to the appearance of Rare enemies, I think beat times may play a role since most of all the Al rappies that I have seen I saw them around the same time ( sorry did not pay attention to the beat times ).

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 15, 2003, 12:24 PM
Dude, 50 pipes is nothing, you're never going find the stuff from rare monsters if you give up that soon. I stop after about 400.

And I still seriously doubt that anything besides sec. ID and pure luck have anything to do with it.

But two weeks ago I saw a luminous field drop from a pinkal hildeblue in VH offline....

Yeah, but try piping without playing a quest, and having ppl on your team. It took sooo long and I was piping where there was only one slime, not the 2 like normally are there. After about 20 minutes I realized we were wasting our time, so I quit.

BTW, I've never tried the piping trick for long periods of time, how long does it take you guys to a find a rare monster usually?

Leonard_D
Jul 15, 2003, 12:34 PM
Piping? So far that trick has been utterly useless to me.
When I go looking for a rare monster/item I just set out through an area and kill everything, which has worked with relative success and seems to be a lot faster and less tiresome than piping.
But then again, I haven't had much luck with the rares I DO find anyway.
(Sec. ID:Pinkal, Character type:RAmar)<------that is why.

Because of this, I think that the rares you find are most affected be Sec. ID, because all of the rares I have ever found are cane items!!!!D'oh!!

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 15, 2003, 12:42 PM
On 2003-07-15 10:34, Leonard_D wrote:

Because of this, I think that the rares you find are most affected be Sec. ID, because all of the rares I have ever found are cane items!!!!D'oh!!

We all know that the rares you get are designated by your section ID, but what we're trying to figure out is if different section ID's have a better chance of findind rare ENEMIES.

Leonard_D
Jul 15, 2003, 12:48 PM
Well, then talking about rare ENEMIES.
No, when I compare my two differend rare enemy finds to those of other players, there doesn't seem to be much difference in the odds.
But of course...everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Mildewman1
Jul 15, 2003, 12:51 PM
I created a new Pinkal character 4 days ago and got her to ultimate offline in 2 days so i could pipe for pal rappies. I have found 2 of them so far and one dropped a nice difluid and the other dropped an excellent sol atomizer.

I found 2 hildertors on my yellowboze characters in a 24 hour period. One dropped the frozen shooter and the other dropped a difluid. -_-

Leonard_D
Jul 15, 2003, 01:01 PM
2 days?!?!?!??!!! Did I hear that right? Starting at lvl. 1 and getting to ultimate?
I know this is off topic but, I don't see how you did it?

and about the sig.
I've been thinking that for a while now, but I still haven't gotten around to doing a shorter one.
I'll find the time to do that eventually.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 15, 2003, 01:02 PM
i believe in beat times, heres the rare monsters ive seen:
al rappy x 4 or so, not sure
1 pal rappy
1 mil lily
1 hildeblue
a few nar lilies
thats it... ive done the pipe trick twice, both times for lilies... in vh it took around 30-35 min for my god/hp and ult only took like 10 pipes for my Sange (yay! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Rpgplayer
Jul 15, 2003, 01:25 PM
I've never seen a Hildeblue or Hildetorr... I gave up hope after used 150 telepipes....

Dark_Cloud
Jul 15, 2003, 01:33 PM
I have had good luck with most rare enemys i only haven't had a rare from the damn pink slime mainly because i have only seen one and pipe for hours not to see one, ultimate caves with a mil that spat lv 30 megid is scary but i eventually got that god power i was looking for. I recreated my pinkal character and am on vhard ruins and i'm only lv 36 with only 13 hours of gameplay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 15, 2003, 01:33 PM
I still think the most annoying thing is when you find a freakin rare enemy in stupid Normal mode. It sux cuz they give u absolute crap!!

Mildewman1
Jul 15, 2003, 02:13 PM
On 2003-07-15 11:01, Leonard_D wrote:
2 days?!?!?!??!!! Did I hear that right? Starting at lvl. 1 and getting to ultimate?
I know this is off topic but, I don't see how you did it?

and about the sig.
I've been thinking that for a while now, but I still haven't gotten around to doing a shorter one.
I'll find the time to do that eventually.

ya 2 days. 8 hours and 45 minutes of gameplay. I equipped 4 GOD/bodies so nothing really damaged me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mildewman1 on 2003-07-15 12:13 ]</font>

TheDing
Jul 15, 2003, 02:17 PM
nice, i would of never thought about that move, i just thought you gave your character a pre-built mag

Mildewman1
Jul 15, 2003, 02:22 PM
well i did that too. I massively tweaked it, but hey, who cares right?

ctrl
Jul 15, 2003, 02:27 PM
I do think beat times got to do with it. After I read the Beat-times topic, I wanted to see if it worked, and after less than 20 pipes, @ 667 beat a hildetorr. I also found a love rappy (not even looking for it) @ 670 beat. As far as I know, you have a pretty good chance around 000,333 and 666 beat. But of course I'm not sure.

TheDing
Jul 15, 2003, 05:31 PM
That's exactly what i thought but then my friend said maybe it had to do with something about our different classes.(RAcast-me/FOnewearl-him)We're both redria except he's never gotten rares off Buclaws and has never seen a pal rappy. I seen three of these bad boys and i just started playing 3 weeks ago.(he started the first month this game came out.)Either this is extremely bad luck or Sega is holding out on us.

ctrl
Jul 15, 2003, 06:46 PM
finding three pal rappy's in a couple of weeks is lucky, when your not piping for it of course. I've played for over 200 hours and found one in total. So you can consider yourself exremely lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

jdcaserockies
Jul 21, 2003, 02:02 PM
i have been piping for days now and found 3 pal rappy and NO red slime im gettin pissed real quick

Callie
Jul 21, 2003, 08:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif i never find anything but when someone makes the game