PDA

View Full Version : PSO gameplay variations

Monomate
Jul 15, 2003, 08:15 PM
I've seen some interesting variations on PSO that people play, and i just want to see them all. In this one thread and try them out...here's mine:

Play any difficulty with nothing equipped. No MAG, no weapon, no armor, no units, no barrier, no nothing! See if you can beat an entire area (this is easiest on Forest obviously) without using a weapon. Trust me, it makes you appreciate your MAG a lot more!

ok, there's mine...so what are some of yours?

SC2
Jul 15, 2003, 08:31 PM
Go through the entire game Normally! Using ANY items you want!

Dhylec
Jul 15, 2003, 09:21 PM
On 2003-07-15 18:31, SC2 wrote:
Go through the entire game Normally! Using ANY items you want!

heh very similar to mine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
but i use the best item i can find & buy
that makes me appreciate my time w/pso more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kometsky
Jul 15, 2003, 11:16 PM
Enter a Battle game and go do the regular level instead of going to desk to get a ruled battle.
Fight off enemies with danger of friendly fire.

Boss mode: have team of 4 players in game have the lowest level go thru forest 2nd lowest do Cave 3rd in mines and so on. at some point you need help with buttons in cave and ruin so just set up pipe and call someone out of their area to open the door and let them get back to their respective area.
obviously the first that will reach Boss will be the one in forest so let that player set up pipe near bosswarp and kill dragon as team of 4 after that have the forest runner go along with the Cave runner and keep that up till all areas and bosses have been done... its the fastest way to run thru all the areas and you can even make it a time attack doing it with same team over and over again to better totaltime.
Keep in mind that since the game will be running all the areas at once some slowdown may be noticed (completely normal)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kometsky on 2003-07-15 21:26 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 16, 2003, 03:47 AM
On 2003-07-15 21:16, Kometsky wrote:
Enter a Battle game and go do the regular level instead of going to desk to get a ruled battle.
Fight off enemies with danger of friendly fire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kometsky on 2003-07-15 21:26 ]</font>

That's exactly what I was going to post. But instead of having everyone split up, fight in the same area. If you get hit, you got to heal yourself. You can either go at it as either:
Co-op with friendly fire - doing the whole quest with the ability to get hit from your teammates, and you can heal/revive each other
Or
Everyone for themselves - If you die, even from others attacks, oh well, you got to go back to P2. You'd also have to watch out with your Resta and S/D. You might be healing/boosting others. In some way you can use others or take advantage of others, and you can literally fight for items or boxes. You can actually have duels on the field. You can even make it teamplay (2 on 2).

Kometsky
Jul 18, 2003, 03:00 PM
[/quote]

That's exactly what I was going to post. But instead of having everyone split up, fight in the same area. [/quote]

thats the idea of mine too that other paragraph I wrote is played in regular mode so the bosses are met faster (thats where the big exp. is)

Elvendar
Jul 18, 2003, 03:05 PM
I usually go with variations in character builds, i.e. an untwinked melee force team or a melee ranger team. Wewt for Saber.