PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Ramarl

Adaelv
Jul 16, 2003, 04:13 PM
Well this little topic is of intrest of me because i recently made a Ramarl with the purplenum id and i was curious to find out if she is worth the time and if in the long run she will make a great character.

Slicer238
Jul 16, 2003, 04:25 PM
I like my RAmar the best. The RAmarl has better magic and thats about it besides holding handgusn sidewards.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 04:43 PM
The ramarl can use level 20 of all the support techs, making her get better in defense and offense than all the other rangers. And in higher levels, even forces complain about the ramarls dominance in game. Purplenum is crappy ID for everyone though.

HaLLa
Jul 16, 2003, 04:46 PM
purplenum is good if you like mechguns

I got it with my HUcast...lol

sigh

Adaelv
Jul 16, 2003, 04:46 PM
Lain What do you suggest?

Bit
Jul 16, 2003, 04:47 PM
Purplenum isn't that bad.

It's one of the two ID's that can get a God/Ability.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 04:54 PM
I think greenil is a really good ID over all and for rangers especially, ask blue hawk(?) with the level 164 purplenum ramarl

they regret that ID

Pinkal could be good too, but no bluefull either.

child
Jul 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
I have a level 154 Purplenum and 0 regrets about making it. Although it's a FOnewm, I've used it largely to find stuff for my rangers, such as Frozen Shooters, Red Mechguns, Yas 2000H and 7000V... 9000M still eludes me tho. To me, Purplenum overall has better drops, but this is from the standpoint of someone who uses it to find stuff for ALL character classes, perhaps Greennill is better when used solely for a Ranger.

And about RAmarl, she's awesome for solo play and, in my opinion, the best character for episode 2 solo. For instance, FOnewm is great at tearing apart episode 1 rooms, but you stick a Merikle with all it's tech resistances in front of him, and he's clueless. RAmarl can easily freeze, weaken, and destroy most anything. In multiplayer with someone else to cast techs, she's the weakest Ranger ATP-wise, but she's still got plenty to make it count.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 16, 2003, 07:37 PM
her atp deficiencies, however, can easily be countered since she can learn lvl 20 Shifta.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 16, 2003, 08:43 PM
you made her purplenum?! FOR GODS SAKE! CHANGE IT!1 CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!! make her viridia or greenil. i have 2 ramarls and i love them.... all but the purplenum. purplenum has the single lowest drop rate in the game. my friend has has great luck in viridia.

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 16, 2003, 10:16 PM
Purplenum has a decent drop rate if you're fortunate enough. I have found Spread Needle, Belra Arm, Sacred Cloth, Red Handgun, Red Scorpio, Red Mechgun, Guardianna, Mahu, and a few others. And I have to say thats pretty freakin' good. And I can also find the Yasminkov guns. Don't knock Purplenum. I think Bluefull has the worst drop rate if you ask me.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 10:42 PM
Blueful has a great drop rate, its just that over 50% of the rares you can get from enemies are GAY bolgs.

Cecil_McW00t
Jul 16, 2003, 10:51 PM
LOL

Yeah I should have clarified that it has bad drop rates for the ubers. ^_^

Bit
Jul 16, 2003, 10:54 PM
I don't think Bluefull has a bad drop rate either.. Heh.

I just got a Demo Comet with my Bluefull, so I'm quite happy with him.

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 10:59 PM
Yes, good and well-equipped Ramarls dominate Ultimate mode online and offline. All Rangers dominate for that matter, but I'll talk about my Ramarl only. I'm almost always online and playing Ultimate mode in Ruins/Seabed/W. and E. Tower - it doesn't get any tougher than this. She's level 164 now, with maxed ATP, ATA and LCK. She is armed with a Snow Queen, Spread Needle, Yasminkov 9000 and Charge Vulcans.

Like the poster somewhere above said, Ramarls can handle and eliminate any threat that is thrown their way. Crowds of monsters can be Spread Needled to death. Big monsters like Dark Bringers or Indi Belras can be frozen and destroyed effortlessly. Rangers are also especially effective on bosses, most of which fly, swim or teleport out of reach.

And Ramarls can cast lv 20 S/D/J/Z, which come in very handy when you don't have a competant Force on your side.

The biggest problem to making a Ranger is the time and expense needed. Rangers don't start to dominate until they're at least level 130. And Rangers need the best equipment more than Hunters need their respective 'best weapons'. This includes Spread Needles, Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, and a good set of mechguns. My advice is to be prepared to feel like an absolute weakling until you're a high enough level...stick it out, scrounge for the best equipment and God units, eat luck/power/hp mats and work up a nice power/dex mag.

jediknight007
Jul 16, 2003, 11:04 PM
What about Skyly? I'm considering making a RAmarl. I already have a VIRIDIA, ORAN and YELLOWBOZE but don't want to have 2 characters with the same Section ID.

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 11:08 PM
No, forget Skyly if you want to get your own Ranger weapons. Skyly is a sword ID...what do Rangers need Swords for? Go with Greennill. It finds Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle, 2 of the best weapons a Ranger can use. Too bad it doesn't find good mechguns, but you can always trade for a set (or buy a 50% hit Charge Vulcan in the store).

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 11:10 PM
My ramarl is skyly. you wont find much of anything good until you hit vh forest and caves, where you can get god arms and hp, which help a lot. and you'll find a decent amount of half assed rifles too.

It's not as bad as purplenum

lordinviso
Jul 16, 2003, 11:16 PM
I love my lvl 152 RAmarl. She is a Whitill ID only because I have other ID's that supply the guns to her, maybe when hell freezes over I will get the Handgun Guld, and Milla that I made her for. Hopefully the new Nightmare and Mop Up quests will make getting a Guld much easier.

lordmikey
Jul 16, 2003, 11:39 PM
is pinkil a good section ID for them?

XavierDreamknight
Jul 16, 2003, 11:57 PM
No, Pinkal is good for Forces since you'll find alot of techinque disks. My RAmarl's id is purplenum for one reason. She specalizes in Dual Pistols (Mech guns.)

Octavian
Jul 17, 2003, 01:07 AM
purplenum....imo a great choice for rangers, for all id's. red mechs, frozen shooter, yasminkov weps, and i think the needle though im not sure, all fall for the id. If you want quality, its the best way.

silvermax
Jul 17, 2003, 01:52 AM
i got a Pinkal Ramarl (see sig)

im just fine with it, beafed up some forces and a hunter to get get me better guns and arrmor (red green and blue sec id's,

i do just fine with a Ruby Bullet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RagRappy2000
Jul 22, 2003, 03:41 PM
I just mad my ramarl shes lv5 now but i will work my way up and be very strong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

klepto
Jul 22, 2003, 06:20 PM
This must be the 100th post ive made about my dislike for purplenum. You get no good drops without going through 1000 runs. Yeah, the drops are good, but are the drop rates for ANYTHING good? No. It ttok me 30 runs for a yamato and 50 runs of forest for a photon claw. I give it two thumbs down.

TheTrueJanus
Jul 22, 2003, 06:27 PM
Purplenum isn't that horrible, actually. I got my Psycho Wand off of my friends Purplenum character, and when he offered it to me, I almost crapped myself because I didn't believe he had it, but I tried not appearing too excited because I wanted to make him think it sucked....which worked because I got it, and all I had to give him was one of my Demolition Comets ^.^ But yeah, Purplenum drops well for things that aren't that rare, and you can occasionally get one or two very rare items....if you're REALLY lucky....

dbxz
Jul 22, 2003, 06:43 PM
Im making a new RAmarl and i dont know what section id to make her. Can anyone help me out? I cant ply online so shes going to have to be able to get her own stuff. I only have another HUmar skyly at lvl 87 and hes an offline plyer too.

dbxz
Jul 22, 2003, 06:56 PM
Im making a new RAmarl and i dont know what section id to make her. Can anyone help me out? I cant ply online so shes going to have to be able to get her own stuff. I only have another HUmar skyly at lvl 87 and hes an offline plyer too.

Aphrodite2003
Jul 22, 2003, 08:02 PM
I think Ramarls look so cool. But I have a question. Wouldnt Ramarls be the weakest online if there was another Ranger,lets say a Racast or Ramar, and a Force there? CAuse the Ramarl the the lowest ATP right? So if the the Force casted S/D on everyone, then the other Rangers would still have more ATP.