PDA

View Full Version : GC: Can't get online

Anonymous
Jul 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
A few weeks ago i bought a gamecube broadband adapter and an eithernet cable to get online with pso. After several attempts i couldn't get it to work. An error message stated "Connection Error: Please check to ensure that the correct cable is connected to the broadband adapter." I went through several cables and read the broadband adapter instructions and became fairly confident that the cable was not the problem. So i called Nintendo, they thought it could be the router firewall. The DSL line comes into my sisters computer, then is routed to the rest of the house. I have my eithernet cable connected to my gamecube from my computer(which could be a problem too) trying to make the connection. I have a 2wire wireless router and an adapter at the end of the eithernet cable to allow it to go through a free usb port. I'd like to avoid calling the people that manufactured the router for help so if anyone has any idea what my problem is or what could help it please reply. Thank you

kat
Jul 16, 2003, 05:20 PM
Try it directly through your modem, routerless. If it doesn't work then, you know where the problem lies...

Anonymous
Jul 17, 2003, 12:53 AM
I'll give it a try just to see if it goes online or not, but if it does get on the DSL i have will prevent me from being on longer periods of time. My friend has the same DSL and he needed a router to make his connection a DHCP, because the direct link would force him to BSOD every so often, I can't remember why. I do know that several, or all DSL connections have that problem though. Any other thoughts?

Eanae
Jul 17, 2003, 02:03 PM
How exactly does your connection go? It could simply be a problem from going from wired connection to wireless, back to wired. Which, would then be a problem with your router. I've had it happen with my home network before.

SurazalRoman
Jul 17, 2003, 02:09 PM
Get your router CD and configure the router to accept the new ethernet cord.

Rich_T
Jul 17, 2003, 03:22 PM
I have my eithernet cable connected to my gamecube from my computer

Are you trying to directly connect the gamecube BBA up to your P.C using internet conection sharing?
if so you need a crossover cable, if its going to a router, you need a straight (patch) lead.

Anonymous
Jul 18, 2003, 02:13 AM
Ok, sorry i haven't responded to any posts, busy day. Eanae: My connection goes like this. Gamecube - eithernet cable - usb port adapter(to allow the eithernet cable to plug into the usb port rather than the eithernet port(I don't have one)) - my computer - wireless router - sisters computer - DSL source.
SurazalRoman: I'll give that a try too.
Rich_T: I am trying to connect my gamecube to my pc rather than directly to the router, can you tell me what a cross over cable is

Thanks so far guys