PDA

View Full Version : how to make a ramarl look really cool

excecutor
Jul 16, 2003, 04:50 PM
how do u make a ramarl look really cool, i wanna make one and i was wondering how to make them look awesome, just tell me what numbers to put in in character creation plz. im not a very creative person....

K9999
Jul 16, 2003, 04:52 PM
MAKE THEM FAT AND BLACK AND CALL HER BIG MOMMA WITH THE BLACK OUTFIT AND THE AFRO

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah thats the way. Make them cry when they see her http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

excecutor
Jul 16, 2003, 05:19 PM
cmon peoples, plz answer seriously, i wanna make her look good, not a joke to be funny, im offline so im not gunna make anyone laugh when i go into the game, plz try

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 05:33 PM
Well, I was just screwing around one time with the character creation and made a RAmarl that looked remarkably like a friend of mine. Raven Black hair in pigtails, pink outfit. She's a pink freak, really cute too.

Other than that you could make a girl that looks like Cammy from Street Fighter....kinda.

...uh....how about you just make a hunter like HUnewearl and feed her mag for DEX. That way you'll have accuracy and power and magic! Unlike Rangers who only have accuracy. Just hand that HUnny a good handgun like the Bravace or something and you'll be set.

excecutor
Jul 16, 2003, 05:43 PM
brain child, i have 2 hunewearls, lvl 108 and 88, the 108 one is skyly, and has a holy ray and it kicks butt, ive got 6 characters in at least vhard, and ive already made a redria hucaseal. ive got 2 more characters more to make to cover all the IDs and i dont have a ramarl, and i wanna make one look good, also, i wanna know whats a good ramarl whittill name.

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 05:43 PM
Ok Sorry!!
Make her blond with the spikehair thing and the data goggles. And the 2 red clothes and max lenght. Now she will be cool. Oh and dont make her fat. Ok? Try and see for your self.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 05:45 PM
ahem.... everyone.

If you want a really cool Ramarl, you'd make her fat with a yellow outfit on.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 16, 2003, 05:51 PM
Bah, you people. Give her long hair and make it an annoying purple (max out red and blue then drop green all the way) THEN make her fat.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 05:54 PM
that would work too ^____^

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 05:55 PM
Ugly chars are only fun the first hour. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 06:00 PM
I got sick of my Huneweral (Fat and Ugly) in 5 hrs

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 06:04 PM
Ok, I have little to no experience making RAmarls much less Rangers altogether.
Just experiment around. Choose a hairstyle you like and color it how you like. Simple enough.
Personally when it comes to a girl's hair I like darker colors, brunettes, black hair, maybe a lighter shade of brown. If you don't know how to accomplish the brown colors just turn up the red about halfway and the green about a quarter of the way, and blue about an eighth of the way. Then just do the fine tuning to your liking.
Then her outfits. One of the biggest reasons I'm not fond of RAmarls. She has too many commado-like outfits. Even the pink one. Then the way she holds her handguns? Why? I just don't like it when people try too hard to look like a badass. So anyways, when you're picking her suit go for something in red and black. Those usually look better.
And finally for the name just start typing in names on this site's Section ID Generator thing. The name is the only thing that decides your Section ID. It doesn't matter if she's a RAmarl or a HUcast.

Hopefully I was a little more helpful this time. ^_^

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 06:05 PM
I had a fat force with the afro called Doc Love. I killed him after 60 hours so.But he was pretty cool i must say. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 06:08 PM
...uh....how about you just make a hunter like HUnewearl and feed her mag for DEX. That way you'll have accuracy and power and magic! Unlike Rangers who only have accuracy. Just hand that HUnny a good handgun like the Bravace or something and you'll be set.

0_o

Okay. Have you ever seen a high level ranger in action? No?

o_0

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 06:13 PM
High level Ranger in action? ....*thinks really hard*

I don't know about action. My friend has a RAmar and is almost level 100, but my HUmar is the one with most of the action going on. I don't doubt that a Ranger is good if properly raised, I just can't stand having to keep running away and fight like that. I fight up close and *thwack* OW! Resta! Resta! Hack! Slash! *thwack*

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 06:15 PM
Are you online? If so, we can meet somewhere and I'll show you my high level Ramarl.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 06:26 PM
Yep...high level RAmarls are about the most dominant and overpowered characters in the game. even higher level forces sometimes complain about how insanely good they are.

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 06:28 PM
Ramarl is the best char. Thats the way it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voodoochild on 2003-07-16 16:29 ]</font>

Logical2u
Jul 16, 2003, 06:29 PM
Ramars can actually become somewhere in the middle between racst and ramarl, with High Mind and High pow.
My Ramar has level 13 Deband and level 9 resta, and he kills every enemy in VHard Forest in 6 shots. $ if I wannt use special

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 06:30 PM
Heh, not quite what I would call online. More like not online. ~.~

I really do believe you though. I'm just jesting about the Rangers. The only thing I have against them is that they don't fit well with how I like to play. They just don't have the thick skull like my HUmar. He gets the crap knocked out of him and after a Resta or two he's back for more!

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 06:41 PM
Ramars and Ramarls play similarly too. To be a good Ranger, it is necessary to learn how NOT to doorway snipe. Aside from the Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, a Ranger's best weapons are Spread Needles and mechguns, particularly Charge Vulcans. The latter two are not exactly long ranged, but they still fire further than a sword/partisan can reach. In any case, good Rangers are in the thick of combat, cutting down hordes of monsters with the Spread Needle and taking out dangerous things with mechguns.

Using a rifle (other than Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen) and sniping would seem like the ideal way to play a Ranger, but trust me, it's probably the worst way to go about it. Even melee combat with a Ranger is preferable to rifle sniping.

St_Botchua
Jul 16, 2003, 06:47 PM
the way i made my ramarl is the biggest eyes even if that has the patch the pink outfit (i think) then the wavy hair that is not striaght and a little taller then the norm

Artemidorus
Jul 16, 2003, 06:57 PM
I made a real cutie with red, long hair (the beret is nice, too) 2nd color skin, just under the tallest setting possible, with (I think) the red costume, I can't remember that part. I thought she was awesome~then I killed her to make a HUmar...oh well, I have a RAmar anyways

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 07:14 PM
Rifles are bad? Well no wonder I haven't seen a Ranger in action. What about that shot that looks like a bazooka and fires straight through enemies, but only in a straight line. I think it's called the Guilty Light. I've been trying to convince him to use it in our multiplayer skirmishes, but he just likes the reliability of the Rifles. I think he's using a Justy.

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 07:53 PM
Rifles are bad because they lack the 9-hit combo of mechguns. They will not do as much damage as a mechgun in as short a period of time, and thus aren't very useful in Ultimate where stopping power is very important.

The Guilty Light is indeed that thing which shoots through enemies. I don't use it at all because it's too slow and its radius of attack is limited for a multi-hit weapon. Look for a Spread Needle instead, it's much better when it comes to crowd control.

Denny
Jul 16, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-07-16 14:52, K9999 wrote:
MAKE THEM FAT AND BLACK AND CALL HER BIG MOMMA WITH THE BLACK OUTFIT AND THE AFRO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-07-16 18:41 ]</font>

_brainchild
Jul 16, 2003, 09:00 PM
What's so special about the Spread Needle? Is it just a high quality Shot style weapon or does it do something Shots don't?

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 09:02 PM
Its fast.Very fast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Jessica-
Jul 16, 2003, 09:23 PM
I used to have a Ramarl lvl 116...she had blond straight hair..she was tan and i think she had a white or something outfit..anyways they are pretty cool but i sincerely found Rangers a little boring as all you do is hit the enemy from far away and miss all the fun of being hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Anyway...too bad i got corrupted...waaa. Fonewearls are pretty fun to play though. I would say better then Ra's.

four_spikes
Jul 16, 2003, 10:07 PM
Just mess around with the character creation. Pick what you like.

Goose
Jul 16, 2003, 10:16 PM
0_o

Okay. Have you ever seen a high level ranger in action? No?

o_0

LOL, thats such a stupid statement that I'll just leave it like this. There's no point in commenting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2003-07-16 20:17 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 10:27 PM
LOL, thats such a stupid statement that I'll just leave it like this. There's no point in commenting.

Why is it a stupid statement? Rangers are not just about accuracy, and he obviously doesn't know what I know about Rangers. He doesn't even have one, while I have a high level Ramarl, thus I speak from experience.

gg punk kthx no re :/

What's so special about the Spread Needle? Is it just a high quality Shot style weapon or does it do something Shots don't?

The Spread Needle is a shotgun weapon. At first glance, its ATP seems pitiful for a super weapon at only +190 fully ground. Even a Dragon Slayer has more ATP than it. Its range is also quite short, even for a shotgun.

But then you notice that it fires very fast (equal to rifle speed), faster than any other shotgun out there. This speed, combined with its near-seamless firing animation and range, lets a Ranger pump an endless salvo of needles into a crowd of monsters while remaining out of their reach.

A sword or partisan is limited by the char's swing animation and their melee range. Monsters tend to swarm and swirl all over the place as they bump into each other and objects. A sword or partisan will rarely hit more than 3 monsters with every swing, and those swings are often interrupted because the char moves forward with nearly every attack. This means that Hunters usually take 2-hit combos and back off before repeating.

Rangers with the Spread Needle don't need to limit their rate of attack. They get within range and let the Spread Needle rip. The damage being inflicted is less than what a T-J Sword can do; but a Spread Needle hits so fast and its 5 needles (per shot) almost always land on target. And the firing animation is so quick that a Ranger can start up a new combo almost immediately after the old combo is done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-07-16 20:30 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 10:31 PM
On 2003-07-16 19:00, _brainchild wrote:

The spread needle is actually a rifle. It shoots multiple short ranged shots, like a shot, but is fired overhand and has the same animation as a rifle, and its special paralyzes. Incredible weapon.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 10:39 PM
On 2003-07-16 20:31, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2003-07-16 19:00, _brainchild wrote:

The spread needle is actually a rifle. It shoots multiple short ranged shots, like a shot, but is fired overhand and has the same animation as a rifle, and its special paralyzes. Incredible weapon.

I've always wated to have a Shot that had the power of a rifle.

lain2k3
Jul 16, 2003, 11:02 PM
Its actually pretty weak, but it can paralyze five enmies per shot..........thats the good part

RappyLvr03
Jul 16, 2003, 11:30 PM
just make her hot. that's all i gotta say.

Para
Jul 16, 2003, 11:34 PM
I like how my RAmarl looks like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Just make your character to your heart's content. ^_^

happyalloy
Jul 17, 2003, 10:50 AM
I love my RAmarl; although recently I was using her in ult ruins with a team and had to stop using my best guns because I was killing enemies too fast (god I love Guild Milla).

As for looks, make her pretty skinny, because if you try to make her look normal the poofy pants make her behind look HUGE! Remember, you're going to be watching her butt most of the time, so make sure you like how her backside looks.

My RAmarl is about middle height, almost as skinny as possible, with the second lightest skin. She's wearing the glasses (to hide her red eyes; those were a mistake) and the blond braid, and the black outfit with the interesting sleeves and shorter pants (all of my non-droid chars are currently sporting blond braids and black outfits with red accents).

I love my RAmarl... can't wait to get the FOmarl to lvl 152 so I can go back to my RAmarl again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif At her currrent level, it's almost like having a HUnewearl with great guns to back her up for ranged fighting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:53 AM
On 2003-07-16 21:30, RappyLvr03 wrote:
just make her hot. that's all i gotta say.

too bad you can only enhance her General Body

lordinviso
Jul 17, 2003, 09:51 PM
My RAmarl has long blonde hair with the little hat on top with the yellow and white clothing and a Davil Tail =D. Then she has the Safety Heart and then a nug bazooka, pretty and dangerous at teh same time.

Sham
Jul 17, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-07-16 16:26, lain2k3 wrote:
Yep...high level RAmarls are about the most dominant and overpowered characters in the game. even higher level forces sometimes complain about how insanely good they are.

lol, what the hell are you talking about? I've never heard of a force complaining about the RAmarl's so-called god-like power. In fact, I don't even see how the Ranger with the least ATP can be exxagerated to be such a sheer powerhouse.

Elusive_Llama
Jul 18, 2003, 12:55 AM
lol, what the hell are you talking about? I've never heard of a force complaining about the RAmarl's so-called god-like power. In fact, I don't even see how the Ranger with the least ATP can be exxagerated to be such a sheer powerhouse.

You'd think that, wouldn't you? One thing you're missing is that a Ranger has incredibly high ATA and can use all the rare guns in the game.

I'm going to make it very simple so that the less verbose among us can keep up.

Factoids
Ramarls have a max ATA of 241. Higher accuracy means more hard/special attacks connect

Charge Vulcans are the most powerful mechguns in the game. Its special attack does double damage.

Rangers connect with more Charge Vulcan special attacks than any other class

Therefore Rangers can do pretty insane damage with Charge Vulcans, or just about any mechgun for the matter. It's not just how much damage you do per hit, it's also how many shots land on your target.

More factoids

Spread Needle clears rooms faster than techs and melee weapons.

Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen is like having an unlimited freeze trap launcher.

Only Rangers can use those guns.

F^@k but I'm getting tired of people who think Rangers suck. It's not that they're dissing the class which gets me pissed, it's their blatant ignorance of the facts. I bet this guy doesn't even have a Ranger character...

dropslash
Jul 18, 2003, 06:32 AM
I've been raising a RAmarl on the side, she's lv60 now (i don't play her as much as i should), and she's out of control. She tears through the game as if every difficulty was Normal.

My main character is a HUcaseal and we just tracked down a Spread Needle for the RAcaseal on my regular hunting team. I can't even explain how much easier it makes my job. I can run straight into a crowd of enemies, drop a trap and before i can even begin my attack, every enemy has been hit, paralized, and is suffering from my trap as well (since the RAcaseal can auto-see, there-for hit, my traps).

We burned through Ult EN4 like it was standing still... because most of the time, it was.

SN is definity worth tracking down, and so is an RA who knows what their doing. They're both rare, but both will make your life a lot easier.

Obscenity
Jul 18, 2003, 06:37 AM
If I wanted to make a RAmarl look cool, I'd turn her into a HUcaseal. =D

Rei1st
Jul 18, 2003, 06:54 AM
My wife is a RAmarl and shes really cool =] she has grey hair with the beret and glasses (which look the best imo) and she has one of them green outfits...to be honest im not sure which XD and she also made her as tall as possible...but i still dwarf her...har har

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rei1st on 2003-07-18 04:55 ]</font>

Rei1st
Jul 18, 2003, 07:02 AM
And about that spread....ya it fires fast but at 157 I clear a room faster than most RAmarls with spread....and thats with my Red Sword and mechs

Milky
Jul 18, 2003, 08:28 AM
Make them cry when they see her

That's the best thing I've ever heard. Or maybe read.

Zarana
Jul 18, 2003, 02:15 PM
Just copy my RAmarl. Simple as that. ^.~

Also, the Forces who complain about RAmarl are the ones who have been deluded to think they can kill things faster than a decent leveled Hunter or Ranger. But any Ranger with a decent Shot will slaughter things more quickly than techniques, it's a proven fact...

And Sham, you severely overestimate how much ATP really means. 100 ATP equals approximately 20 damage when applied to actual combat. That said, RAmarl's "low" ATP won't allow RAmar or RAcaseal to kill any enemy (and I mean any, in all of PSO) in less hits than she does. Therefore, their extra ATP is for show only. Trying to use it as a significant case for her not being the best Ranger is just grasping at straws. The only Ranger where ATP might actually be considered a worthwhile edge is RAcast, and even then it's sort of a gray area.

Sham
Jul 18, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-07-17 22:55, Elusive_Llama wrote:

You'd think that, wouldn't you? One thing you're missing is that a Ranger has incredibly high ATA and can use all the rare guns in the game.

I'm going to make it very simple so that the less verbose among us can keep up.

Factoids
Ramarls have a max ATA of 241. Higher accuracy means more hard/special attacks connect

Charge Vulcans are the most powerful mechguns in the game. Its special attack does double damage.

Rangers connect with more Charge Vulcan special attacks than any other class

Therefore Rangers can do pretty insane damage with Charge Vulcans, or just about any mechgun for the matter. It's not just how much damage you do per hit, it's also how many shots land on your target.

More factoids

Spread Needle clears rooms faster than techs and melee weapons.

Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen is like having an unlimited freeze trap launcher.

Only Rangers can use those guns.

F^@k but I'm getting tired of people who think Rangers suck. It's not that they're dissing the class which gets me pissed, it's their blatant ignorance of the facts. I bet this guy doesn't even have a Ranger character...

Did you even read my fucking post? I have a RAmar, who has more ATP and ATA than RAmarl, and who takes advantage of charge weapons. He holds the highest ATA in the game, does that mean he's the best attacker/"Powerhouse"? Obviously, no. I never said Rangers sucked or how they're weak. I said RAmarl isn't known or widely admired for her ATP, since it's just plain shit.

I'll even make it more clear for the 'less verbose' audience, I said RAmarl has low ATP and is not an ATP powerhouse. AKA, I'm looking at character statistics, not weapons and weapon's special attack possibilities.

Fuck, I'm getting tired of dumbasses who seem to be incapable of thoroughly reading a English text-based post. (Note the absence of hieroglyphics, foreign languages, hidden code, or any sort of picture-based communication.) And furthermore, lighten the fuck up. Is your life that boring that you have to get all ranty the second it seems someone implies your character on a damned videogame is weak?

Extra rimshots:
-I do have a ranger, get your shit straight. (And he's above LV120 which is adequate for most.)
-My RAmar could wipe the floor with your RAmarl when it comes to sheer ATP/ATA since you seem to like boasting it so much.

Sham
Jul 18, 2003, 02:40 PM
And because I didn't read the rest of the thread before posting...

On 2003-07-18 12:15, Zarana wrote:
Also, the Forces who complain about RAmarl are the ones who have been deluded to think they can kill things faster than a decent leveled Hunter or Ranger. But any Ranger with a decent Shot will slaughter things more quickly than techniques, it's a proven fact...
Okay, then please make an MPEG or something showcasing your Ranger clearing rooms faster than either of my forces offline. While sure, you did not specify offline or online, you simply said "it's a proven fact." Prove it then, because I'd love to see your RAmarl clear an area faster than a FOnewm of equal level, offline.

And Sham, you severely overestimate how much ATP really means. 100 ATP equals approximately 20 damage when applied to actual combat.
People really need to read things. Did I say that ATP was such a significant statistic that it was the end-all-be-all determinant if a character "sucked" or not?

That said, RAmarl's "low" ATP won't allow RAmar or RAcaseal to kill any enemy (and I mean any, in all of PSO) in less hits than she does.
You seem to boast a lot of so-called facts without any sort of proof. Do you ever think to consider weapon percentages? And please, meet me online. There are plenty of high level RAmars that use dupes such as Spread Needle with hit % and various 100% matching the according area. It would be nice to see you kill something in the designated percentage area, faster than him with your own Spread Needle. In fact, we could make comparisons offline where the percentages are even more effective. It should be no problem, correct? After all, you did say "No RAmar/caseal will ever be able to kill anything faster than a RAmarl.

Oh, and let's not forget about everyone's favorite quadruple photon blast combo. You know, the one with uber Shifta? Shifta that adds ATP on a percentage, not a set amount. So why doesn't it seem feasible that a RAmar or RAcaseal with certain bonuses(wep percentages or 4-way mylla) wouldn't be capable of killing something faster? Or are you just too stubborn to believe that your elitist RAmarl just can't possibly be outdamaged by another character?
Trying to use it as a significant case for her not being the best Ranger is just grasping at straws.
In this topic, did you ever see me say anything about anyone being the best ranger? If so, please quote me.

The only Ranger where ATP might actually be considered a worthwhile edge is RAcast, and even then it's sort of a gray area.
Assumptions, assumptions.

I think the both of you seemingly RAmarl fanwhores(Re: extreme fanboy) need to step aside from PSO for a second. The first one throws a hissy fit thinking I implied something. The second one outright twists my words in an attempt to shut me down. Things to keep in mind: you are not your RAmarl, your RAmarl is a character in a videogame. And there is no reason to get personally offended over what someone says about your little videogame character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-07-18 12:51 ]</font>

Zarana
Jul 18, 2003, 02:54 PM
Assumptions? What on earth could you possibly be talking about, Sham? Some L:120 RAmar has no right to assume he has a tenth of the experience I do with a Ranger class, so stop trying to pretend you have any idea what you're talking about. ATP works exactly the way I said it does. RAmar cannot kill any enemy in less hits than RAmarl does. I felt the need to use italics to get this obvious point across, because it was clear the first time that you did not understand. He cannot kill any enemy faster when both have max ATP, therefore it begs to reason that his supposed "edge" doesn't actually mean anything.

Another note... Yes, I absolutely did say that under no circumstances will RAmar or RAcaseal kill anything faster than RAmarl. Their ATP is never a significant enough edge to make the difference and save them a hit against a certain enemy, regardless of the quality of the Shifta. Under a four-PB Shifta, yes, the damage difference will be a little more noticeable. But never enough to save them a hit in comparison, ever. So why don't YOU go and test it? I don't have to prove anything, my experience speaks for itself. You're being irrational to even think I haven't tested things like this.

Before you try to make a rebuttal, I speak from more experience than you will probably ever have. I have most likely played alongside more RAmars with max ATP than you have even played your own RAmar. I know for an absolute fact that he kills nothing faster, and no amount of your condescending attitude is going to change the truth.

However, I'll concede one thing, RAmar's ATP is quite an advantage when leveling up. But once they're both maxed, it doesn't matter in the least. If FOmar had RAmar's ATA, he could kill just about any enemy in the same amount of hits. ATP raises actual damage just as discreetly as MST, and in case you haven't become aware of it as your Force, that isn't very much actual damage.

In closing, of course you didn't say who you thought was the best Ranger. Neither did I. You merely thought you could use ATP as a reason for why RAmarl wasn't the best Ranger, which was originally the opinion of a prior poster. I'm not debunking your case about ATP because I think RAmarl is the best Ranger, I just don't like uneducated opinions.

P.S.--In your pathetic attempt to defend a Force's techniques, you seem to have forgotten how to comprehend English. If you're really such a self-titled expert on our language, how could you have possibly missed the prelude to my sentence about techqniques? "The Forces who get mad at RAmarl," I said, "are the ones who think their techniques can possibly kill things faster than a Hunter or a Ranger." Now, tell me, why would any Force get mad if some RAmarl is killing things faster than them *OFFLINE*? It was implied, plain as day, that this is in an online team. Did you honestly think I meant that Forces are getting mad because someone is showing them movies of a RAmarl killing things faster than they do offline? I just cannot fathom the train of thought that would lead up to such a conclusion. Seriously.

-------------

Edit: Oh, I forgot another thing I was going to concede. RAmarl's MST is just as much of a meaningless edge as RAmar's ATP. The actual difference between these two characters that you'll have to consider is that RAmar is more accurate and RAmarl is better defensively and has the ability to cast Jellen and Zalure.

Double edit: Also, I've noticed that you refered to me with the term 'whore'. Not only is that shameless of you, it's a logical fallacy. Argument ad hominem, or unfounded personal attacks to back up your argument, is considered an automatic forfeit in any debate. I could easily use it to declare victory right now, but I would rather see you give it another try.

Triple edit: I'm leaving now, but before you come back, please research what a logical fallacy is. Argument ad hominem, oversimplification and argument from ignorance seem to be three of your favorites, so those ought to be some good key words to begin your search with. Adieu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-07-18 16:02 ]</font>

_brainchild
Jul 18, 2003, 09:32 PM
*thinks to self: "Damn, these people know how to argue."*

I can see where you're coming from with the ATA being a valuble stat. With my HUmar I prefer to have a decent amount of DEX on my mag. However I do think you slipped up with your words, Zarana, when you said "any Ranger with a decent Shot will slaughter things more quickly than techniques, it's a proven fact...". I may not have the clearest definition of a proven fact on hand, but I don't think that what you said is necessarily a proven fact. It still depends on how the Ranger was raised, how the character using the techniques was raised, weapons and spells used, enemies tested on, and location of the attackers and enemies. For instance, being attacked from all sides: the Ranger would either have to reposition him/herself if he/she were to want to use this Spread Needle in the manner that it is meant to be used, or use said Shot style weapon on one, two, or three of the enemies at a time. Whereas the Force character could use a high level Ra-spell to damage all the enemies simultaneously, possibly taking them all down faster. Not saying that a Ranger couldn't pull out on top of that situation as well, but I'm just trying to give an example. It's all relative to the situation.

Zarana, you also said: "ATP works exactly the way I said it does. RAmar cannot kill any enemy in less hits than RAmarl does.", and "...under no circumstances will RAmar or RAcaseal kill anything faster than RAmarl.", You've made some pretty clear statements, but as I said above, it's all relative to the situation. If a RAmar does have slightly higher ATP and ATA the difference isn't INsignificant, it's just barely significant. An analogy for this is when a runner wins a race by 0.07 seconds. Though that amount of time is barely significant it still clearly defines his victory over the other competetors.

Sham's reference to Fanwhores may have been out of line, but it's coming close to being an accurate description. You should hear yourself Zarana, heck I quoted you, read it. RAmarl is good, but so are the other Rangers. They have strengths where others have weaknesses and weaknesses where others have strengths.

Zarana, from what I'm reading, I think that when you're refering to RAmarls, you're probably thinking more along the lines of RAmarls raised like yours as compared to the average raised RAmar/cast/caseal. I'm not doubting that yours is good, you sound very dedicated/(obsessed), but I hope you can see where Sham and I are getting our arguments from.

...and another thing, Elusive_Llama, you said "Spread Needle clears rooms faster than techs and melee weapons." it's not like Hunters miss all the time. Heck, with a fully grinded Soul Banish and a handful of Elf/Arms I could take down quite a few enemies in a few quick swipes. It may not be just as fast, as a Hunter will have to position him/herself well in order to maximize damage dealt to a horde of enemies, but, once again referencing above, it's relevant to the situation. If all of the enemies were to conveniently appear right in front of a Hunter/Ranger giving them a brief window of opportunity to attack them all at the same time, the Hunter will be able to deal more damage, and possibly dispose of said enemies faster, given he does actually land all of his attacks.

"Some L:120 RAmar has no right to assume he has a tenth of the experience I do with a Ranger class, so stop trying to pretend you have any idea what you're talking about.(directed at Sham)" Zarana, though he may lack the level of understanding you have of Rangers, I would personally value his opinion a little more because it seems to me that not only is he able to see the strengths in the class in which you speaks, but he is open minded enough to see the downfalls as well. You however seem unable, or maybe unwilling, to see that a RAmarl isn't the dominant character class of the Rangers.

There is no best, there is no worst. There are numbers, but they can only go so far. It is what you do with your character that matters. Do you have the skills to take your chosen character and make them perform superiorly under the given conditions and circumstances?

Edit: Just cleaning up some spelling errors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _brainchild on 2003-07-18 20:32 ]</font>

Kenshin008
Jul 18, 2003, 10:07 PM
I used to have a RAmarl and she was awesome, well maybe not awesome but she impressed me. She was extremely good for such a low level (13 at highest I got her) I erased her for a FOnewm, which got corrupted by my friends dumb attempt at cheating. So i started a FOmar which seems to be the heavy favorite of the crowd.

DiemNights
Jul 18, 2003, 10:19 PM
I remember making a RAmarl that was very similar to Lucca (of Chrono Trigger fame). Not one for normal use, just for fun, like I sometimes do. Of course, I think RAmarls look best with those big anime glasses.

Zarana
Jul 19, 2003, 05:15 PM
Okay, in reply....

My post is assuming ideal circumstances. I'm talking about maximum stats, which I think I made clear by acknowledging that RAmar's ATP is in fact quite a valuable asset when leveling up. That should be about all I have to delve into that, really.

I think I need to quote you but once to debunk your argument for Forces.

--
"Whereas the Force character could use a high level Ra-spell to damage all the enemies simultaneously, possibly taking them all down faster."
--

Damage all enemies simultaneously? Which version of PSO have you been playing? Enemies have clearly defined technique resistances. If an Arlan, a Merlan and a Del-D appear in the room, a Force assuming he can actually damage them all with the same Ra technique is, for lack of a better word, a complete beginner. Technique resistances allow even Rangers of a vastly lower level to clear areas faster than a Force. By the time the Force is done killing the proverbial Arlan and has started to attack the Merlan, the Ranger will have dispatched all three of them with ease. If there is even one varying technique resistance in the room, even a Hunter can destroy it faster than a Force.

But of course, there are always optimal circumstances, such as the Mines. Where everything is badly weak to fire and a case could almost be made for techniques. In fact, at lower levels, the Force may indeed have an advantage. However, once both classes are at max stats, the Ranger has a clear edge. The enemies that are weak to fire also have miserable EVP, allowing the Ranger to do three strong attacks in a row with their Shot weapon. A strong attack from a max ATP Ranger will do more damage than Rafoie from a Psycho Wand-toting FOnewm with a Rafoie Merge, and let's not neglect the times where an enemy such as a Sinow or a Baranz appears. The Ranger can dispatch of these with haste, while the Force will struggle no matter what level they are. I wouldn't write off techniques if I didn't know what I was saying, trust me.

Also, this "barely significant" difference you speak of in ATP is just that... Barely significant. When it comes to actually killing enemies, it makes no difference at all. When it comes to looking at numbers, you see a slight increase in damage. That's it. People in this game make too much of a spectacle over ATP, yet only in HUcast and RAcast does it make a difference worth noting. RAmarl, RAcaseal and RAmar kill all enemies in the same amount of hits and the same goes for HUmar, HUcaseal and HUnewearl. I'm not using it to say that RAmarl is the best Ranger, in fact under ideal circumstances I would probably say it were RAcast. What I am telling you is that it's no criteria to pick a character on. By writing off ATP I am not saying a single thing about who I think is the best Ranger is, my point is that you should make your choice on stats that will actually make a DIFFERENCE when you're high in levels. It is in fact your deluded perception of ATP that is putting words in my mouth, not a single thing I have said thus far.

To put it in perspective, a FOmar or FOmarl kills a Bartle in the same number of Foies as a FOnewm. Does this mean I think they're both better than he is? No, of course not. Just that picking a FOnewm because you think his MST makes a difference with Foie is a stupid notion. In the end, if you're thinking of picking RAmar or RAcaseal under the deluded notion that they can kill enemies faster than RAmarl, they *don't*. You choose RAmar for his ridiculously good ATA, RAcaseal for her superb defensive stats.

The characters are all so similar that it makes no difference who you pick. Between RAmar and RAmarl, the only real differences are RAmar's superb ATA and RAmarl's superb defensive stats and techniques. ATP is negligible, MST is negligible. My case is that you should look at a character's real strengths instead of taking the uneducated way out and saying "Duh, my RAmar can kill stuff faster than your RAmarl" or "Yeah, like, my RAmarl has better MST." It's your own doubts about RAmar and RAcaseal that give you the impression I'm arguing for RAmarl as the dominant Ranger.

And as far as the "whore" remark goes, what I have to say about a game is in NO WAY related to my sexual morality! Sham has no right to use that term, he only ruined his whole argument by falsely assuming he could. Over time, he's deluded himself into thinking unfounded insults have any place in an argument, when as I said before it's an automatic forfeit in any debate.

Furthermore, your impression that I'm refering to well-raised Rangers against other well-raised Rangers? Bingo, how perceptive. I think it's been obvious from the start that I'm arguing from the point of view of a RAmarl with max ATP and ATA, I make no qualms about that. My point the whole time is that, by the end, the ATP difference is nothing but negligible. Of *course* it makes a difference when leveling up, but around L:150 these stats start to max. And given that 182 is halfway to 200, the ATP difference means nothing for the vast majority of a character's lifespan. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. Against a RAmar or RAcaseal with max ATP and ATA, I will kill any enemy in the same amount of hits.

To close, and this is the last post I will make on this topic:

Sham's opinion, while well-argued, was argued from ignorance. His utter lack of understanding of Rangers makes his "points" about ATP being a determining factor invalid. Valuing his opinion more is doing nothing but spreading the ignorance, I'm sorry to say. I'm also sorry to say that you seem to think ATP is the only stat that exists in PSO. By assuming that I will not acknowledge the downfalls of RAmarl, you yourself are saying that ATP would be the only one, not I.

If you're trying to get me to say that "low ATP" is a downfall, I think I've already said it matters at lower levels. But I will never tell you that, once both are maxed, there will be a difference in the speed of killing enemies. Because that would be nothing short of a blatant lie.

Sham is arguing from both ignorance and inexperience. Thinking his L:120 RAmar is enough field experience to act like he knows what he's doing is ridiculous and flawed. He knows his Forces very well, that I do not doubt, but his knowledge of Rangers is that of a beginner. L:120 is not even 1/8 of the way to 200. Doing what he's doing is like reading the first couple chapters of a book and assuming you know how it's going to end.

RAmarl is not the dominant Ranger. There is none and I have never said there was. Farewell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-07-19 15:20 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Jul 19, 2003, 05:28 PM
On 2003-07-18 20:19, DiemNights wrote:
I remember making a RAmarl that was very similar to Lucca (of Chrono Trigger fame). Not one for normal use, just for fun, like I sometimes do. Of course, I think RAmarls look best with those big anime glasses.

Not gonna post the pic again because I already posted it to the forum, but here's a link.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pc.engine/arion+ariadne.png

I think my RAmarl is super cute. Agree with you on the glasses. ^_^

- Shimarisu

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 06:55 PM
I'm agreeing with a lot more of what you're saying now Zarana. I just didn't understand you, the way you said some things. As though you were saying that under no circumstances would a Hunter or Force ever clear a room faster than a Ranger with a good shot. I just wanted to say that it is possible, and the examples I gave were just to try and back up my point that it is relative to the situation presented. I know about elemental resistances and diferentiations, and like I said, ..."it's not like a Ranger couldn't pull out on top of that situation as well."

I don't think that ATP is a dominant stat either. You're right about the 20 HP difference that 100 ATP makes, I was just saying that you could be leaving the enemy alive by about 7 hp each time or something like that. Same for the MST.

Other than that, I just misunderstood some of the things you said, like "under no circumstances will RAmar or RAcaseal kill anything faster than RAmarl" I thought you were trying to say that a RAmarl will kill things faster, and that is also why I agreed with the RAmarl fan-girl thing that Sham said . I misinterpreted that. Forgive me, it was late when I was reading this.

Finally when I said that I valued Sham's opinion on the subject more, I was thinking more about when you were calling the ability of a Ranger with a good Shot to wipe out a room faster than anyone else a "proven fact". It made you seem like you were closed minded towards the other classes, but I guess it was just a bad choice of words. I understand what you were saying now.

Speaking of bad wordchoice: Sham's calling you "FanWhore" was unnecessary, FanGirl would have conveyed his thoughts just fine.

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 06:58 PM
what you do is you make her as short as possible, with the standard hair (the one with the beret) with the blueish clothes, and purple hair. a good whitill name: LIZ.

my RAmarls name...actually that whole description is my RAmarl...hmmm...don't worry...i offline only so we won't run into each other anytime soon lol

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 08:01 PM
stop the senseless destruction!!! your words are tearing our fragile family apart!!!

btw anybody who sees it necessary to get into a bloody fucking word fight over a damn CHARACTER class in a bloody video GAME...IS A BLOODY FUCKING IDIOT WITHOUT A LIFE!!!

thank you

K9999
Jul 19, 2003, 08:24 PM
seriously. RAmarls are the ugliest class in the game. They look like dykes and are just plain UGLY. FOnewms laugh at them behind their backs. If you want a cool RAmarl then close your eyes and push down twice while the class is selected then scroll down to OK and just believe your RAcaseal is actually a RAmarl in disguise http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 20, 2003, 06:29 AM
On 2003-07-16 17:14, _brainchild wrote:
Rifles are bad? Well no wonder I haven't seen a Ranger in action. What about that shot that looks like a bazooka and fires straight through enemies, but only in a straight line. I think it's called the Guilty Light. I've been trying to convince him to use it in our multiplayer skirmishes, but he just likes the reliability of the Rifles. I think he's using a Justy.

I HAVE 2 GUILTY LIGHT!!
AHAHAHAH!
THANK YOU ORAN!!!

Voodoochild
Jul 20, 2003, 06:34 AM
Ramarls are cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sham
Jul 20, 2003, 10:49 AM
This is ridiculous. The basis of pretty much all of your posts is "I got my ranger to lv200, therefore, I am superior in every possible way there is to you. My knowledge and experience astounds you, and my ability overwhelms you, so be quiet for the fact that you are inferior to my PSO Ranger intellect."

Having a perspective like that makes me lose all respect, not that I ever had any in the first place. I'm accused of being close-minded/ignorant while at the same time, you judge me for not raising my character to LV200. Sorry I don't have as much time and dedication to you for a simple game as PSO. And for the record, my RAmar is LV130. With the proper units/mag, I can max ATP or ATA, and since ATP/ATA is the main factor of this dicussion, what sort of intellectual edge do you have over me if I can get my character's statistics above your character's? (And vice versa.)

You may claim you've trialed and tested everything, but what does that really matter if it were some random Vega RAmar forty levels below you? That's not real testing, that's just doing a comparison of how they raised their character and how you raised yours. Why don't you raise your own RAmar to an adequate level and test for yourself before you try to make such strong opinions, (notice the bold, it adds more emphasis to the word since that's all the things you're saying really are: opinions, IE. not facts), then you might get some credibility. It would be different if you were the RAmar, because then you'd be able to take off a unit or two and make your ATP/ATA equal to that of a RAmarl's, and then be able to properly test. But you can't so you really have no idea; and lose that shitty ego, LV200 doesn't make you a PSO all-knowledgeable god. It just goes to show that not everyone has the same time or brain span to be able to make it to LV200 through sole means of things like the Canabin trick or even Forest-Ruins-HS runs, or excessive SoB trips.

At the end of the day, you can step down from your elitist pedestal because you've done no sort of real comparing/testing from what I can see. And LV200 does not equate to all-knowing oracle of Ruins 2. You're not even worth anyone's time if all you can do is judge from a person's PSO character's level, rather than listening.

P.S. The fanwhore comment seemed to fit well. It's my own word for someone who is a fanboy, yet an extreme one.

P.P.S. Make all the witty replies and thirteen-paragraph spanned posts all you want, I won't continue to acknowledge this thread since it seems all you really are doing is trying to belittle my intelligence whilst raising your own based on one simple, insignificant factor: PSO character levels. If you have any other valid things to say, use the PM function, the one place where you can't really show off in front of anyone else with your endless and unmatched LV200 knowledge. Otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

Monomate
Jul 20, 2003, 11:08 AM
ya know what's hiwawiously funny...those retards^^^^^
that think they are actually impressing people with their petty arguments over a GODDAMN VIDEOGAME!!!!!!!! it really just makes them look like fools, which is perfectly alright with me cuz i get to laugh at them and there really isn't anything they can do about it because...hopefully...they know im right, or if they dont...it will only make them look stupider...which makes me laugh more...and on and on and on (och...aye...its a wicious cycle...) blah blah blah: $blah

ok now im rambling so i gonna shuts up now...k...bye...

thank ee