PDA

View Full Version : Delete the HUmar for another hunter or keep him?

Artemidorus
Jul 16, 2003, 07:00 PM
I'm rather frustrated with the HUmar I have. I think maybe a HUcaseal would be nice, but I don't know what to expect because I've never had a robot character. Some guidance and opinions would be totally appreciated! Thank you!

Ether
Jul 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
What exactly are you frustrated with and what level is your HUmar?

Keep in mind that HUcaseal is inferior to HUmar in most stats, so she'd most likely be even more frustrating

Voodoochild
Jul 16, 2003, 07:16 PM
Delete him and make a ramarl. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

afistrifeflac
Jul 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
well... maybe hes not ur "type" everyone has like there own opinion of chars and what they like maybe a HUmar isnt yours.

So, how is it being frustrating? What level is he and what are u trying to acheive? trying to beat a boss i could help ya.

Nai_Calus
Jul 16, 2003, 08:15 PM
What precisely about your HUmar do you hate? What level is he? What is your preferred play style? Are you online or not? Tell us what's wrong and we'll try to help. ^^;

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 08:15 PM
might as well keep him

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 08:40 PM
give all your Humar items to your new guy if you end up deleting him o_O http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif k?

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 01:22 AM
Im having a hard ass time with my HUcaseal in ULT offline. u have to be used to not using techs. But i like my hunter cause she attacks like a mother trucker. meaning she attacks fast!! also androids need money. Lots of it too. cause ur gonna go back and forth to the item shop because u need more mono/di/tri mates when u run out.

But this is in my opinion.

Im pretty sure that other ppl will have other ideas about character classes, which is why it is very wise to not ask about which is the better class.

Shmee
Jul 17, 2003, 01:55 AM
dont delete him if hes in ult. unless you really want to. i got so bored with my HUmar i just dont play him. HUnewearl and HUcast are my fav.

Neverwinter
Jul 17, 2003, 02:57 AM
Well for a hunter I would say make a HUcast because he is a fighting machine. He is what a true hunter is...All BRAWN! you need lots of power because you go into a fight hand to hand, so dont make a HUnewarl, because she isnt what a hunter should be, if you want magicmake a force(duh) So go with HUcast. You wont regret it.

Nai_Calus
Jul 17, 2003, 03:09 AM
I looked at your profile, and noted that your HUmar is only L40... HUmars don't really get any better as time goes by, but they do have a good mix of good HP, ATP and ATA, along with their L15 techs. Trust me, L15 Jellen and Zalure may not seem like much, but it makes a huge difference, and Resta is a wonderful thing... HUmars start off average and remain average, but they can easily reach nearly their full potential, and when you get to Ult you'll be glad of a HUmar's decent ATA... The HUcaseal excels mostly in ATA and EVP... She's good, although a lack of Resta is a bit painful at times, especially boss fights... Traps can be an enormous help, though, and sometimes I wish my HUmar had them. I like both, so I really can't reccommend one over the other, although I'm not really qualified to judge a HUcaseal much since I haven't had mine long enough... The HUmar, though, is L105, and I've another L22 one. A HUmar will never be truly great at anything, and he'll always be crap with techs, but that doesn't matter so much with a Hunter anyways... On the other hand, other than his poor(Although the RAmar's is much, much worse) MST, he's not really weak at anything, boasting decent HP, good ATP, good ATA, good DFP, etc. He doesn't really have much in the way of weaknesses, and that can be quite nice at times...
Meh. My advice would really be to just get another memory card, and make a HUcaseal and whatever else you think you might enjoy in addition to, instead of replacing, your HUmar. ^^ (Not that I follow this much, what with two HUmars and two FOmars. XD I should be trying other classes, not making more of ones I already have. O_o; )

rena-ko
Jul 17, 2003, 04:06 AM
@ian-kunX
as long as they're of different section IDs...

well, you have (i guess) space for 3 other charas so let your humar retire for a while. i wouldn't delete him if he's past lvl... 50 or something... maybe someday you'll have the urge of playing him again, you never know.
just delete him when you really want to make a new character and dont want to buy yet another memcard for it.

good luck on your decision though.

btw... with lots of materials, a custom mag and slightly tweaked, my hucaseal goes her way up to mines. i didnt bother for beating mines so far since i'm still looking for sil dragons drop and something nice from the caves. but i guess i'll use a gun for mines the first few runs (like i did with my hunewearl).
i think if you're not used to androids, it will be taking a little time to get used to it - you'll have to do your best not being hit that often, since you dont want to go back to town each room. then you'll want a milla&youlla mag and of course a way to bring up your PB-meter up fast. traps make it up for missing attack techs somehow but they work different. especially freeze- and confuse-traps will be your friend in ult mode.

so, have fun

Zelgadis
Jul 17, 2003, 04:56 AM
A HUmar was my first char. I got into very hard with him and I found it difficult to keep up the pace I had been playing at. In the end I deleted him and made a HUcast in his place, though my HUmar was level 70 I didn't care much for him. The HUcast I replaced him with is so much better then he was. He may not be able to use resta, but stand around for 30 seconds or so and he's just replenished about 75 hp. I like the rate at which he regens life.

Rei1st
Jul 17, 2003, 07:02 AM
har har wait till you get to lvl 156 with a HUcast and u can wait around for 30 seconds and get about 100-115 hp back XD

Lucas2k4
Jul 17, 2003, 11:00 AM
My best character is a HUmar. He's level 102 and in Ult. Mines....I can't beat it.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 11:13 AM
Just keep playing. you'll get it eventually

Stegy
Jul 17, 2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah, like most people, I too started with a HUmar. There was no question about it. All his stats are well-rounded and he seems to be good at attacking and techs.

I would say: keep your HUmar and play as a different class. Rangers are fun, as you can sit back and pick of EVERYTHING ;x Guns are awesome if you're in a really hard place. My HUmar has a weak Assault +6 in HARD Caves and I just sit back and go through everything. It's fun ;x

Try out a Ranger. They're cool ;x

Old Seed
Jul 17, 2003, 01:12 PM
I was thinking about deleting my level 106 HUmar too til I found I can obtain Dark Flow.... Somehow that rekindled the flame, but Im too *cough* nervous *cough* to take on Vol Opt vers.2 and Gal Griphon in ULT.... I guess you can say im stuck on both, but I havent tried to beat em yet.... What do you guys think...? Think I can beat either? What would I need to beat either?

Name: Ramza (Oran HUmar)
lvl:106
Mag: Asparas (200) (invinsibility all occaisions/revives) (max synch. and max IQ)
Armor: 4 slot guard wave
units: (1) Dragon/HP (2/3/4) Ogre/Power++
Weapons of choice: (please suggest if theres better)
Supressed Gun +9: +10% A.Beast, +40% hit
Chain SawD +15: +15% Dark
Stag Cutlery +7: +40% A.Beast, +30% Machine
Techs: all level 14 and above.
Shield: celestial shield

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 17, 2003, 01:57 PM
i am a 116 HUmar and i kicked vol opt version 2 ass.
that was wen i was 106 too. i used the k&k14 combat on the first part and used the flowens sword on the last part.

i didn't die at all. all you have to watch out for is the claws that drop from the sky.

SubstanceD
Jul 17, 2003, 02:16 PM
Keep your Humar and start another game with a Hucaseal ( even if you have to get another memory card to do so ). Even though your Humar is not at a very high level it will still be a shame to delete him after putting in that much time. And who am I not to encourage other players to try out a Hucaseal, you never know you may like her even though she has inferior HP, ATP and DEF to a Humar and can't use techs ( no resta, I personally don't see what the big fuss is about but most people hwo have begun out with Human and Newman chracters become dependant on it for life for some strange reason ), if you are going to try her ten give her a proper go, don't quit after 10 or so levels since she won't come into her own untill much later ( same can be said of all characters, that's why you should not delete your Humar. )

Artemidorus
Jul 17, 2003, 02:24 PM
Well, after reading everyone's ideas and opinions, I can certainly say that I'm going to just have to create a HUcaseal along with my HUmar. i guess I'll just try to give it a shot for a while, or just play as her in my free time (like in away from my other characters). Thank you all!

Nai_Calus
Jul 17, 2003, 02:27 PM
On 2003-07-17 11:12, Seed wrote:
I was thinking about deleting my level 106 HUmar too til I found I can obtain Dark Flow.... Somehow that rekindled the flame, but Im too *cough* nervous *cough* to take on Vol Opt vers.2 and Gal Griphon in ULT.... I guess you can say im stuck on both, but I havent tried to beat em yet.... What do you guys think...? Think I can beat either? What would I need to beat either?

Name: Ramza (Oran HUmar)
lvl:106
Mag: Asparas (200) (invinsibility all occaisions/revives) (max synch. and max IQ)
Armor: 4 slot guard wave
units: (1) Dragon/HP (2/3/4) Ogre/Power++
Weapons of choice: (please suggest if theres better)
Supressed Gun +9: +10% A.Beast, +40% hit
Chain SawD +15: +15% Dark
Stag Cutlery +7: +40% A.Beast, +30% Machine
Techs: all level 14 and above.
Shield: celestial shield

You should be just fine, I forget what level Ian-Kun was at(I think 102, not sure, could be less) when he beat him, but I recall that he was a complete pansy. Mines is harder than Vol Opt Ver.2... Just take the Stag and do full combos on the red pillar when it shows up. Don't bother with the monitors, it actually slows you down... Just destroy those pillars and it'll go to the second form... I can't give you advice on the second form other than what you've been doing all along, I haven't learned how to avoid when he traps you yet because I had more than enough HP to survive it and he died too quickly. Don't sweat it, eh? He's easy. It's Ruins that'll make you cry for a little while. =)

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 17, 2003, 10:46 PM
on the second form of mines boss you should use some sort off long sword or shot. Depends what your charater is. just advoid his death trap and missles.

Lucas2k4
Jul 17, 2003, 11:43 PM
I can't get past mines.....I've never gotten past the 5th room.

Old Seed
Jul 18, 2003, 12:33 AM
Thank you everyone for your help ^_^ im in ruins ult! Taken down by a pair of justices and a stag....

Old Seed
Jul 18, 2003, 12:43 AM
On 2003-07-17 21:43, Lucas2k4 wrote:
I can't get past mines.....I've never gotten past the 5th room.

O_o huh? Why not? What type of character are you using?