PDA

View Full Version : ULT DF's dam Ice attack GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Yosho
Jul 16, 2003, 09:11 PM
My HP is maxed for my lvl-161 FOmar (1170 HP) I think, but my problem ULT DF (online) keeps killing me and everybody else on my team almost in an instant with his ice attack, it's REALLY tickin me off as to why.

Any pointers as to why he kills me so fast?

My Gear is as follows:

Aura Field
GOD/BODY x3
Cure/Freeze
Tripolic Shield or Custom barrier.

Dam typos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yosho on 2003-07-16 19:12 ]</font>

SC2
Jul 16, 2003, 09:22 PM
Go onto a team, or bring a WHOLE LOTTA scape dolls. And try raising you DFP too! Im level 94 and i've beatin him about 10 or 11 times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but..... I still haven't managed to beat Olga Flow in Normal mode........... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ether
Jul 16, 2003, 09:24 PM
Resist/Blizzard. Four of them. And any shield (divinity barrier) with 30 EIC should get you through

Yosho
Jul 16, 2003, 09:30 PM
I do take dolls but I try not to waste every doll that I have. The funny part is my DFP is maxed at (470) but I can get it to about 1120ish somethin like that. The team I play with most of the time are lvl 130-140+ and we all get owned by that dam ice lol.....Only if I could find a CURE/DEATH unit.

Ether
Jul 16, 2003, 09:36 PM
Defense does NOT MATTER against falz. Every single one of his attacks is either elemental, or does a set amount of damage no matter what. Those 3 god/bodies you're wearing are reducing the damage you take from the darvants, and thats it

Yosho
Jul 16, 2003, 09:38 PM
I know DFP doesnt matter with Elemental attacks only physical attacks. and I do have about 30 ice resistance I believe

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 09:39 PM
I think the only physical attack that Falz uses is his swipe

Ether
Jul 16, 2003, 09:42 PM
Swipe is set damage, does the same damage regardless of dfp and jellen.

Yosho: If 30 isn't working, try getting it higher like I suggested in my first post. You honestly need about 90 to survive the attack

-Jessica-
Jul 16, 2003, 09:43 PM
Wow...My level 139 Fonewearl somehow doesn't die with whichever of his attacks with one hit (except damn megids). I don't have a single god/body ....
weird...but I'm trying to remember if i was playing online or not...hmmm...donno..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ohhhhhh i get it.....you needed a good Fo' playing with you so he/she will cast a level 30 deband..

s.TiNgEr
Jul 16, 2003, 09:51 PM
On 2003-07-16 19:42, Ether wrote:
Swipe is set damage, does the same damage regardless of dfp and jellen.

Yosho: If 30 isn't working, try getting it higher like I suggested in my first post. You honestly need about 90 to survive the attack

thank you. That helps ^____^

Yosho
Jul 16, 2003, 10:11 PM
wow thanks for the help, i'll boost my ice resist as high as i can lol.

Shmee
Jul 17, 2003, 01:58 AM
Take 1 or 2 dragon or god hps if you have. also 1 or 2 resist blizzards. shield with good ice resistance too. always works for me. dpf is not an issuse usually because only 1 of his attacks are Physical. rest he shoots at you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shmee on 2003-07-17 00:00 ]</font>

Trailmix
Jul 17, 2003, 02:05 AM
My formar is level 142 with 1360 hp...i have 4 god/hp's on...he still gets owned by the ice. The best way i have found to get around it though is not to attack and just keep constantly casting resta so that not everyone dies...make sure you have a cure freeze on though. It usually works and everyone wont die so if you don't want to use scapes go with this

Ether
Jul 17, 2003, 02:20 AM
This is exactly how I play Falz when I'm using a force...

Weapon: Magical Piece
Armor: Hyper Frame. Why? Because it gives an extra 5 EIC
Slots: 4 Resist/Blizzard
Shield: Divinity Barrier for 30 more EIC

With this setup I have 95% EIC, which means 95% of the damage from rabarta is gone, and it does about 20 damage to me. I've also never been frozen by it wearing this. The magical piece is for gifoie, which 2 casts of will take care of the darvants before they pop up, which can be extremely annoying by killing teammates who survive the rabarta but get frozen. Hopefully someone will actually read this and will find it helpful

K9999
Jul 17, 2003, 02:35 AM
Or you can just get 1300+ HPs like my FOnewearl and have the shortcut menu up and a cure freeze equipped and learn the pattern the darvants come out so you can dodge and heal. Works every time. Funny how if you fall down for his ice attack you are guaranteed to live yet if you don't you are fucked. Lower lvls can kill him easier than 200s sometimes

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 03:45 AM
HaHa true. I was like lvl 90 and we were at dark falz, all of the players in the room were lvl100+++. At DF's second form, i ended up reviving every1 because they died of those little floating things of death.

PinkyBloodyArt
Jul 17, 2003, 06:40 AM
This should help. I have a fonewearl with 901 hp and can survive the ice if I wear my cure freeze and a resist blizzard that boost my ice resistance up to 45. so that will give you an idea. try being close to falz when he does his ice thing. It does not always double hit if you are next to him. remember to keep moving after the attack to avoid the dervants. than hjeal

Dragos_Cha
Jul 17, 2003, 11:02 AM
Well I know one problem is that his ice attack, if it freezes you, will hit you TWO TIMES! This almost instantly kills ANY character, except beefy Hunters with high ice resist. Even then, at a fairly low HP after the ice, jiggling free to run away (or having a cure ice on) the Darvants can still kill you when they all hit you at once, which DFP CAN affect. This can be a serious problem for any of the three hunter types, and pretty much regeardless of level.
There's my two cents. ;>

Yosho
Jul 17, 2003, 11:17 AM
It's odd that i'm running into this problem at such a high lvl, Call me lazy but I've just started fighting ULT DF online lol...and I CAN say that he is the only online boss that gives me hell.

Nie
Jul 17, 2003, 12:09 PM
Just some info,

You can break out of Ice by going left and right on your control stick very quickly. So, if it was me I'd use the extra slot for and resist blizzard. Also, If you have an atrubute wall that might be helpful. (raises resitances a ton).

ChuchuRocket
Jul 17, 2003, 03:30 PM
swap those 3 god/body for 3 perfect/resists O_o

Yosho
Jul 17, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-07-17 13:30, ChuchuRocket wrote:
swap those 3 god/body for 3 perfect/resists O_o

Not like I can just wave a magic wand and make Perfect/resists appear lol

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 06:21 PM
On 2003-07-16 19:22, SC2 wrote:
Go onto a team, or bring a WHOLE LOTTA scape dolls. And try raising you DFP too! Im level 94 and i've beatin him about 10 or 11 times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but..... I still haven't managed to beat Olga Flow in Normal mode........... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

it took me four scape dolls to beat olga flow in normal...it was that damn one hit kill beam from the sky thingy...but...

as to the first post...that sucks!!! but it could be worse...you could survive the ice, but then be frozen and he rafoies you and then you die before you can cast resta...happens to me all the time...(but...then again...i don't have a cure/ice...)

jediknight007
Jul 17, 2003, 10:40 PM
Can't you use Trimate instead of Resta since it is much quicker to use? Then he might not be able to kill you straight away after he makes you into an icecube.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-17 20:41 ]</font>

Gogetta
Jul 19, 2003, 08:05 AM
why not just run the f*ck away as fast as u can when he does his ice attack. If u know when hes guna do it then just run the hell away. Like his second form he does either fire or ice 3 just run b4 he can do either of them. worked for me on very hard and i was only LV 55 playing as a HUmar with not a single rare weapon or armour etc.

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 09:51 AM
I've finally put the Atribute wall I found to use, and it worked well on DF.

And to Gogetta (great...another DBZ ripoff):

I can beat DF at lvl 40 with a FOnewm, big deal, by the way running the "F*ck" away from DF's elemental attacks is easier said then done. You'll soon find out that DF is alot more difficult and does a ton more damage in ult mode (esp online), VH compaired to ULT? haha don't make me laugh lol.

*kills topic* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

EDIT: dam typos

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yosho on 2003-07-19 07:52 ]</font>

Blenjar
Jul 19, 2003, 11:45 AM
My character's HP is 1040, he gets kill by his ice attack on a 99% chart.

Always carry a Scape doll or two.

bordering
Jul 19, 2003, 01:31 PM
it's funny how people get so spoiled by duped rares, they can't even conceive of using a non-rare unit to their advantage.

i too use resist/blizzards against him. i use only three though, and the 4th unit i use is cure/freeze. i have star atomizers on my hotkey so that after the rabarta i can QUICKLY heal everyone in my immediate vicinity. this puts me usually at 75 eICE, which allows me to survive without fail.

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-07-19 11:31, bordering wrote:
it's funny how people get so spoiled by duped rares, they can't even conceive of using a non-rare unit to their advantage.

i too use resist/blizzards against him. i use only three though, and the 4th unit i use is cure/freeze. i have star atomizers on my hotkey so that after the rabarta i can QUICKLY heal everyone in my immediate vicinity. this puts me usually at 75 eICE, which allows me to survive without fail.

Who is spoiled?
I may have a few dupes but nothing to great, on the other hand I don't need many weapons and all my armor/units/etc are legit, yes EVEN my triplic shield.

bordering
Jul 19, 2003, 01:44 PM
well, then, why couldn't you figure out on your own that the only real threat df poses is that rabarta? and rabarta is easily countered by resist/blizzard units... therefore if you equip 3 resist/blizzard units you will easily survive df? pretty obvious. also, you didn't know that /bodies are useless against him.

and att wall, freeze barrier, and divinity barrier are all superior to tripolic in terms of eIc.

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 02:32 PM
On 2003-07-19 11:44, bordering wrote:
well, then, why couldn't you figure out on your own that the only real threat df poses is that rabarta? and rabarta is easily countered by resist/blizzard units... therefore if you equip 3 resist/blizzard units you will easily survive df? pretty obvious. also, you didn't know that /bodies are useless against him.

and att wall, freeze barrier, and divinity barrier are all superior to tripolic in terms of eIc.

I could swore I said that I just started to fight him online, I thought I had enough ice resist and I know that god/body has nothin to do with elemental damage, by the way I wouldnt call 10 more points to eic superiour to a tripolic lol.

Just because a person has a question doest mean he/she is "spoiled with dupes" either

DirtyDan311
Jan 14, 2004, 09:09 PM
the best thing you can do when you fight falz is have armor with good resitances, and 1 resist blizzard and a cure freeze. a perfect resist wouldnt hurt, would help for the fire, and his grants attack, as well as chipping in a little more to your ice resistnace. when i fight falz as my force, i take 4 resist blizzard and a rabarta merge, and my resistane to ice is 75. but my ramar gets by with a standstill shield(27 ice) a resist blizzard and a cure freeze. just pop off a trimate after the ice and your good to go, just make sure to avoid the darvants, or get a force that will use rabarta to kill them.

Aziangangster
Jan 14, 2004, 09:59 PM
On 2004-01-14 18:09, DirtyDan311 wrote:
the best thing you can do when you fight falz is have armor with good resitances, and 1 resist blizzard and a cure freeze. a perfect resist wouldnt hurt, would help for the fire, and his grants attack, as well as chipping in a little more to your ice resistnace. when i fight falz as my force, i take 4 resist blizzard and a rabarta merge, and my resistane to ice is 75. but my ramar gets by with a standstill shield(27 ice) a resist blizzard and a cure freeze. just pop off a trimate after the ice and your good to go, just make sure to avoid the darvants, or get a force that will use rabarta to kill them.

omg did u read the thread about bumping old post.

Eihwaz
Jan 14, 2004, 10:45 PM
On 2004-01-14 18:09, DirtyDan311 wrote:

WTF Are you doing? This thread is over 6 MONTHS OLD. Let it die! You noobs NEED to read the forum rules!

http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum

In general, try not to post in threads that are past the first page or so. That way, you'll only be dealing with the newest posts.

*summons mods* I think we need a lock, here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-01-14 19:47 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 14, 2004, 11:09 PM
Ah... tis the discussion where people agree that perhaps that Cure/Freeze isn't the best thing for the Rabarta.

Stick to Resist/Blizzards. I always equip three of them, jack my resistance to ice to like 70, and I only take about 200 damage. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And I barely freeze, either. Only once actually.

Wufei
Jan 15, 2004, 06:33 AM
I own Falz with my FOnewm when it comes to his ice attack in Ultimate. Here's my equipment:

SUMMIT MOON
SMOKING PLATE
Resist/Blizzard (15 ice resistance each)
Resist/Blizzard
Resist/Blizzard
Resist/Blizzard
BULE (Blue) MERGE (20 ice resistance & 20% boost to ice spells)

This allows me the not only be tickled by his ice attack, but I can cast Rabarta immediately after Falz's Rabarta and kill the Darvants (spikes) before they even fully come up out of the ground.

Things are a bit different for a FOmar. I believe the Darvants have 300 HP. A friend of mine, Dirty Dan, can only kill them with one Rabarta with his FOmar if he maxes out his MST, equips an Ice Staff: Dagon and a Rabarta Merge, doing something like 301 damage (just enough). I'm not sure if he uses four Resist/Blizzards or three, since his Rabarta is level 29 and using a Wizard/Technique for level 30 Rabarta might be necessary to do 300+ damage.

You could bring along a Club of Zamurian (Boosts Zonde 40%) for the first form and a Club of Laconium (Boosts Foie 40%) for the third form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wufei on 2004-01-15 03:35 ]</font>

heyf00L
Jan 15, 2004, 01:23 PM
Y'all are going crazy with the Ice resistance. All I do it equip a cure/freeze, go to Falz's right side, pull up a menu and start running. You don't get frozen and you dodge the spinny things (pulling up the menu means you won't target them so you won't start walking). Never kills me.

Dhylec
Jan 15, 2004, 11:39 PM
please notice the rules..
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67583&forum=1&0