PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Help

ViraLGeNoCiDe
Jul 16, 2003, 09:25 PM
After playing with a friend of mine (made new chars from scratch, no nada no nothing.) He made a (exact name escapes me, you know what im talking about - the Gundam one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and I made a Hucast. Well after about oh an hour or two we were like level 10, and I must of been tripple damaging him, i make another ranger RAmarl, and try that out, and the damage is still pittiful. So what does it take to legitamently put together a good fun ranger. (Keep in mind my highest character is 40 :/ so i cant run out and farm the ubah rares.)

would appreciate any serious responces http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elusive_Llama
Jul 16, 2003, 10:08 PM
Rangers need way more work to power up. Their base weapons and weak rare weapons are truly pitiful compared to similar weapons used by Hunters, but their 'ultimate' guns are a big jump forward. The difference between a Final Impact and a Spread Needle is nothing like that between a Red Sword and T-J Sword. In other words, Rangers need those ultimate guns much more than Hunters need their ultimate weapons. But when they get those guns, watch out.

The key word here is patience. Work up those levels, eat 45 Luck mats, plenty of power and hp mats, max out your ATP, ATA and LCK, and get a Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle and a nice set of mechguns. Raise a nice power/dex mag (ignoring mind and def) and then go to town...

Put it this way. Hunters are like TV dinners - fast, easy, hassle-free but still a TV dinner underneath it all. Rangers are like unseasoned cuts of prime steak - you gotta work on them a bit before they reach mouthwatering perfection.

SC2
Jul 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
My HUmar used a Heaven's Punisher at level 5, W00TW00t http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

four_spikes
Jul 16, 2003, 10:13 PM
This is what MAG my Ramarl uses:

Rati: 5/115/80/0

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2003, 12:46 AM
Humar- level 5- heaven's punisher... Either you meant RAmar or you hacked.. either way good for you . (Doesn't care.. hehe)

But as this thread is about fun legit rangers and not people who show off...

Rangers are tougher than hunters those first few levels.

For hunters you can make a pow mag and keep at it. The pow both lets you do more damage and equip better weapons.

But with rangers you will be using guns mostly. If you make a all dex mag you can use those powerful weapons earlier but later on you will wish you put more power into your mag. Or if you make a all pow mag you may have to wait levels before using awesome guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-07-16 22:53 ]</font>

bobbonew
Jul 17, 2003, 12:58 AM
And finding the "perfect" weapon for them is hard. I finally picked the best one of em (yes I have a duper friend who lets me try every weapon out) and its the heaven's punisher. It is just so great for leveling and kicking ass. I highly recomend it.

Elusive_Llama
Jul 17, 2003, 09:28 AM
Your Heaven Punisher will be junk in Ultimate Mode compared to a Spread Needle, so don't count on it.