PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with the Broadband Passport???

casella4
Mar 18, 2001, 10:06 PM
ok, i downloaded the passport, burned it to a cd, i put it into my dreamcast, turned on the power, and.... nothing happens. it just plays it like a music cd. i really want to get my broadband connection working with PSO, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

MSZ-016
Mar 19, 2001, 05:32 PM
hmmm... wierd. i just got my bba on friday, dl'ed the bbp, burn it, and everything works fine. it was really easy to set it up and now no more dialup. yay!!!

btw, where did you dl the bbp? i believe i got mine from the mirror site posted here but the one i got from dcemulation.com works too.

here's my config:
bbp from here or dcemulation.com
using nero 5 (dl from ahead, www.ahead.de)
win2K using a my trusty yamaha 4416 burner

it burned on the first try and i put it, and viola! BBP boots up and i configure all the settings (i used a static ip settings but i also tried using a linksys router that i use and it works too) and was online within 5 minutes.

post your config here and maybe i can help or someone else. don't give up hope yet. =_)

casella4
Mar 19, 2001, 09:35 PM
thanks a lot for your reply, it helped me out a lot. with your help i finally got PSO online!!! thank you very much i greatly appreciate it
later
-casella

MSZ-016
Mar 20, 2001, 05:11 PM
no probs. i'm glad you got it working. =_)

Anonymous
Mar 21, 2001, 12:47 AM
I just got BBA, need help

I just got the adapter, cant get it to work, heard about the passport v3, dont know where to get it from,

HELP PLEASE!

MSZ-016
Mar 21, 2001, 06:30 PM
hi. see previous msgs regarding where to get the BBP. once you have the bbp, burn it and boot it up using dc. then enter your settings (either using static ip or using dynamic).

save your settings and you're all done. for sanity sakes, after you've saved your settings turn off your dc, insert pso disk and turn it back on.

when you try to connect you'll see a message saying 'using broad band adapter to connect'. =_) hit 'yes' and you're on your way to pso world. yay!!!

one more thing, try to use the character that's never been online (or create a new character) to verify that pso works via broad band adapter. i know it shouldn't matter but i'm bit paranoid about losing another character. ugh!!!

hope this helps and if you have problems, just post them here.

msz-016

serial_toon
Mar 22, 2001, 02:53 AM
Ok i need help getting PSO online thru my BBA,
I have Pacbell DSL, Westell WireSpeed Modem,PPPoE,Dynamic IP. I heard that i HAVE TO GET A ROUTER? Is this true? i dont have money to shell out 150+$$!! i barley get 15 bux a week? plz someone help me out i will reward them GR8TLY!!!

MSZ-016
Mar 22, 2001, 04:21 PM
hi,

im using pacbell dsl as well. only difference is that i have a static ip and that i use a router. but that shouldn't make any difference.

i believe for your case, you can use winroute or similar program (acts as router and a firewall) to share the internet access (you'll need a hub, and two nic cards; one for going out to internet and one for internal network, ie your PC and DC).

here's general step:
1. make sure you can get online with your PC using winroute or other similar program (sygate for example). configure you PC with two nic cards. on the hub, the uplink port should be connected to your dsl modem and connect your nic cards to the hub.

2. once that is working, plug in your DC to the hub and set all settings to point to your PC (ie gateway and dns) and you can even use DHCP if you like.

i hope this helps.

msz-016

Anonymous
Mar 28, 2001, 02:09 PM
So plugging the DC directly into your hub works? Hmm, it didn't work for me when I tried to do it that way with Q3A (it locked up on the connection screen). To fix it I was forced to plug the DC directly into the cable modem, disabling it for use with my PC. Maybe it was because I use ICS through Win 98se. But, if anyone has any info on how to make the DC go online through a 10/100 hub, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

MSZ-016
Mar 28, 2001, 09:22 PM
hmm... my network is quite different than yours. I use Win2K Server as a Domain Controller for my internal network at home, thus i do not use ICS. All the computers are connected to a switch and the the uplink port goes to my dsl modem. Either using a DHCP or a static internal IP (private IP's) it works.

For a DC, you have to either put in the private IP's (or leave it blank if you want to use the DHCP from the router or from PDC) and all other info to point to your router. ICS might not work but i'm not sure about that. As long as you have your network setup correctly either using DHCP or static private IP's, it should work flawlessly.

I think having a router or a software router like WinRoute or Sygate might work better then using ICS.

msz-016

Anonymous
Mar 30, 2001, 05:15 PM
I live in England (UK), is the BBA out over here, and if so will it work with BT openworld DSL to get high bandwidth online connections for free? (we have to pay for local phone calls, but DSL dials up for free calls due to a fixed monthly rate)... Can anyone fill me in with some details?
Kain, lv 80-something RAmar