PDA

View Full Version : Recobox trick... cheating or legit?

Dunedain
Jul 16, 2003, 10:35 PM
This is a question that has been on my mind a while. I am currently raising a RAcast to level 200, but half the time I am using the recobox trick (far too boring to do this 24/7 LoL). And before you ask - no, I am not using a turbo controller. That seriously is cheating, at least in my mind. I actually sit next to the tv and personally do full combos getting bored half to death.

I want to get to level 200, feeling at least that I got there mostly/all legitly. I can't see why it is cheating, because it is perfectly legit to have an srank weapon with king's special, and removing your mag to get low atp. If that is cheating then you might as well call just using a king's weapon or any elemental weapon cheating. Mind you, my gun is duped, but that is beside the fact. I hardly know any level 200s who have never used a duped weapon to help them up to 200. Any opinions? Feel free to say anything you like, but do NOT flame me or anyone else.

shadow_fox
Jul 16, 2003, 10:51 PM
i dont call that cheating its not like ur duping super rare items and givin them to every one

HatakeKakashi
Jul 16, 2003, 10:59 PM
I dont think its cheating unless u dupe and then u use the dupes to get better items trading with people. ( Like if u used a duped item u duped urself and traded it for the king sranks)

jediknight007
Jul 16, 2003, 11:01 PM
On 2003-07-16 20:35, Dunedain wrote:
This is a question that has been on my mind a while. I am currently raising a RAcast to level 200, but half the time I am using the recobox trick (far too boring to do this 24/7 LoL). And before you ask - no, I am not using a turbo controller. That seriously is cheating, at least in my mind. I actually sit next to the tv and personally do full combos getting bored half to death.

I want to get to level 200, feeling at least that I got there mostly/all legitly. I can't see why it is cheating, because it is perfectly legit to have an srank weapon with king's special, and removing your mag to get low atp. If that is cheating then you might as well call just using a king's weapon or any elemental weapon cheating. Mind you, my gun is duped, but that is beside the fact. I hardly know any level 200s who have never used a duped weapon to help them up to 200. Any opinions? Feel free to say anything you like, but do NOT flame me or anyone else.

If I'm not mistaken, it's just like using the Telepipe trick really. With it, you are constantly resetting the monsters in the room and therefore, have a better chance of finding a rare monster. That is playing with the computer a bit but not illegal (Well, a lot of people do it but I don't since nothing happens! Maybe doing it wrong!). So I don't think this trick you mentioned is illegal as well.

HaLLa
Jul 16, 2003, 11:27 PM
I consider it cheating.....cause gaining levels while you are sleeping or not around isnt right

Skankhair
Jul 17, 2003, 03:38 AM
You are using an exploit to gain an advantage. That's cheating. Period.

Jack
Jul 17, 2003, 04:41 AM
How is it an exploit? It's not like the duplication trick. As far as the game is aware, you're sitting there, tapping the controller repeatedly. There's no glitch about it. I consider it cutting out the middleman.

muff
Jul 17, 2003, 04:51 AM
Its more legit than the canabine(spell?) trick.

tank1
Jul 17, 2003, 05:05 AM
technically it is cheating but your not clogging up the game with millions of duped items and getting to lvl 200 is an awesome task which is near impossible unless you dont have a life or your unemployed or sumthing so i wouldnt call it wrong.

Mazarin
Jul 17, 2003, 05:59 AM
Don't deal damage, but steal EXP and not get hurt? This is nowhere close to cheating. It's actually quite ingenious.

He is performing the combos, not an auto-programed controller.

And besides, what else are EXP stealing weps supposed to do?

Skankhair
Jul 17, 2003, 06:59 AM
I am not talking about doing the work yourself. I am talking about using a turbo controller and watching TV while you rack up the EXP.

The "you" wasn't aimed at the topic poster- it was just a general "you" aimed at anyone that actually does the Recobox trick. The Recobox trick involves using a turbo controller. What the topic poster is doing is just killing enemies. Not a cheat. Just boring. He's killing Recoboxes over and over. Not doing the Recobox cheat/trick.

The Recobox trick is cheating. But the topic poster isnt doing the Recobox trick.

Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-17 05:01 ]</font>

Nall
Jul 17, 2003, 08:30 AM

if that is an exploit, then luring enemies into big packs and trapping them is obviously an exploit too. instead of going around having to kill them all, you only need to use a combo once or twice and it saves time and more exp quicker. and maybe when everybody uses the same photon blast at the same time to do more damage is an exploit. instead of doing normal damage, it does massive damage to bosses and any enemies around.

PinkyBloodyArt
Jul 17, 2003, 09:10 AM
Well as for the poster, This should not be considered cheating. How is lowing your atp by not equiping your mag, and using a exp. stealing weapon to , um steal exp, you know pressing the extra attack button, cheating? He is being smart by not equiping his mag so that He can bleed of more exp. But he is not doing anything that the game is not designed for. It is every bit as legit as piping for rare monsters. The biggest Cheat is that he may be using a duped weapon, but really how many people use duped weapons, though duping weapons is cheating, I merly point out that this is the big cheat, not bleeding off exp.

Just my two cents. A small addition, using the turbo controler part of this cheating but note that the poster said he is not doing this, and he asked if He was cheating, not if those who use the turbo controler were cheating, he mad it clear that this is cheating

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PinkyBloodyArt on 2003-07-17 07:12 ]</font>

Nall
Jul 17, 2003, 09:23 AM
but using the turbo controller really isnt cheating either. that is what turbo controllers were made for. making it easier for the player to play the games. i see nothing wrong with leaving it on all night like that. it would be no different from sitting there watching the turbo controller do the work than sleeping and being healthy while the controller does its thing. the turbo controller is not cheating to begin with. if he just wants to sit there and watch the screen for hours, why should he have to press the button constantly. yet, another example of how if somebody is "cheating" and it is not affecting you, you make a big deal about it and how we made an agreement with Sega and ST. do you really think anybody reads all that text on the agree disagree menu? i sure dont. not worth it.

PinkyBloodyArt
Jul 17, 2003, 09:34 AM
The turbo controler is cheating because it alter the game interface through the hardware, no different than moding you GC. or using a cheat device, that is what a turbo controler is, a cheat device to make controling the game easier. But if you want to use it I say go ahead as you say it does not hurt me. Just please do not nol me. Pking me is ok, It does not harm my data, does not harm me, well might loose some money or scape dolls. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skankhair
Jul 17, 2003, 12:28 PM
"if that is an exploit, then luring enemies into big packs and trapping them is obviously an exploit too."

I didn't say the exploit was killing Recoboxes over and over. I said the exploit was having the controller do it for you. So yes, if you rigged your controller to lure enemies together and kill them, it would be cheating.

Is a turbo controller cheating? In itself, no. But having the controller play for you while you sleep is cheating. That IS NOT what the controller is intended for. Nor the game intended to be played with a turbo controller- let alone BY a turbo controller.

Again, I must clarify for the slow:

Killing Recoboxes yourself is not cheating. Rigging your controller to kill Recoboxes while you sleep, watch tv etc... IS cheating. Period. By definition. End of discussion.

I'm sorry for not making it clear that my first post was aimed at people that do the actual Recobox trick, and not the topic poster. He isn't cheating, and he isn't doing the Recobox trick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-17 10:30 ]</font>

Satine
Jul 17, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-07-16 20:35, Dunedain wrote:

A good general rule I follow is this...

If you are asking yourself and/or others if something is "cheating" then you're probably already having some thoughts about whether or not it's completely legitimate. I myself have tried this trick and benefited in leveling up substantially. I will say however, that even though the tricked out character has surpassed many of my other characters in level, I'm still more proud of the characters that haven't gotten to where they are by using this method.

When it comes right down to it, I feel it's about personal investment. If I put two of my highly experienced characters side by side, both at the same level, one of which got their mostly through the trick and the other purely by regular play and I was forced to choose only one to keep, I'd choose the one that I didn't do the trick with. The reason is because I've invested so little of my time and efforts into the tricked out character and for me it wouldn't be as big of a loss as a character that I've personally invested a substantial amount of time and effort on.

That's my opinion for what it's worth

-Satine

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-07-17 10:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-07-17 10:33 ]</font>

Aurra
Jul 17, 2003, 02:22 PM
I don't see the Recobox trick so much as cheating, but more as simply pointless. I can't think of a reason you would want to reach level 200 if not for the feeling of accomplishment, and where is that feeling in taping down a Turbo controller's button and having it gain you 11 million exp a day while you're not even there?

If anything, I dread reaching level 200 on any of my characters. I would hate the fact that they can't get stronger anymore. They'd be basically dead to me. I would never use them anymore, nor keep any items on them. It would be like they had reached the end of their lifespan. Why would you want to do this to a character if you're not even going to get the personal satisfaction of being able to say "I beat the shit out of that game!" is completely beyond me.

That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon. The fact that you use a King's Mechgun, that you do no damage, the fact that you do it to an enemy that cannot attack and has very low evp, and that you use the controller to play for you is simply clever in my opinion. Do I consider it a cheap way to level up? Yes. Do I consider it pointless? Youbetcha.

Nall
Jul 17, 2003, 06:13 PM
i havent used that trick yet, and the only time i would is when your at about level 76-79. i have never gotten to ultimate yet. kept getting corrupted at those levels and its a bitch during those last few levels.

ChokingVictim
Jul 17, 2003, 08:58 PM
i will shamelessly using the turbo controller king mechgun trick......

as soon as ST gets them on the damn box....

it's shifty yes, but some of us don't have another 350 hours to get another character up to 160 or so... i figure i get my ramar up to the level i had him back on the DC v.2 and start from there on the box...

Skankhair
Jul 17, 2003, 09:42 PM
"That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon."

Having a controller earn EXP for you isn't a legitimate way.

BonusKun
Jul 18, 2003, 01:04 AM
On 2003-07-17 07:23, Nall wrote:
but using the turbo controller really isnt cheating either. that is what turbo controllers were made for.

Uhhh how about product that wasn't made by Nintendo?

Aurra
Jul 18, 2003, 02:01 AM
On 2003-07-17 19:42, Skankhair wrote:
"That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon."

Having a controller earn EXP for you isn't a legitimate way.

So you shouldn't use a controller to play PSO? Maybe we should take command of our characters using our hidden psychic abilties? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess I see what you're saying, though. However you could sort of say the same thing about having someone else play your character for you. Your brother gets bored and decides to play your PSO character for a while and raises it up a few levels. OH NO, MY CHARACTER IS HACKED!!! Not really, you just didn't do it yourself. I just basically see the turbo controller as a shorter, lazier way of playing games. Kind of like taking a telepipe instead of walking through Mines to get to the boss warp.

Don't think I'm condoning the recobox trick, nor do I consider recobox 200s to be true level 200s. I also don't see it as legit since it's basically a hardware exploit- I just don't put it in the same cheating realm with duping and hacking.

happyalloy
Jul 18, 2003, 10:33 AM
I agree with Aurras last statement. I've used the reconbox trick on a couple of my characters to get them to Aura Field lvl. However, there are a couple of my characters that this trick will not work with (My HUnewearl and my FOmarl, for example), so those characters will get to 200 the old fashioned way and I'm happy about that.

If I reach lvl 200 with any of my reconbox chars, there is no way that I would expect any respect for it. In fact, I get mad at my friends who congratulated me on my RAmarls lvl. I told them I didn't earn it, I simply don't have time between my nearly full-time job over summer, and my thesis, and classes, to get all of my characters to insanely high lvls. But I LOVE my high lvl RAmarl; she made it to 111 the old fashioned way, and will make it from 154-200 the old way, too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have a friend who will have a lvl 200 FOnewearl by the end of the week. Do you think I'm going to congratulate him? No, because he didn't earn it. But do I think he's wrong for taking advantage of the trick? Nope http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm not a huge fan of male characters, so you'd better believe I will likely reconbox my FOnewm to Smoking Plate level, and then simply play him from there when I feel like it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In a way, for those people who want to make certain characters just to use a certain item, it's a blessing. And also, once I get certain characters to lvl 152, then levelling won't become as important to me anymore, leaving me more time to play on ep2 or to help lower-level friends who want a chaperone while they level. Sometimes it's nice to not have to worry about certain aspects of the game anymore http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HayatoShi
Jul 18, 2003, 10:43 AM
Why are you all making a big deal out of this anyways. It's all so STUPIT... with a T.
If I could, I'd pose like Aurra in that Second Legit Sig and call myself. Hayato Never Was Legit... Never Be Legit... Too Un-Legit To Quit
HEY! HEY!
2 Un-Legit! 2 Un-Legit 2 Quit
HEY! HEY!

hououtate
Jul 18, 2003, 01:32 PM
heh...i made something out of legos to do the combos for me, the turbo cont. wasnt doing it for me.

Zarana
Jul 18, 2003, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't quite consider it cheating, but you're using it to make a false L:200 character. People who use the Recobox trick are frowned upon by the other 200s as a joke and a mockery of all the work they put in. If you're willing to put up with not being a true 200 and just want the numbers beside your name, feel free. But if you expect to even be acknowledged for this "accomplishment," you're going about it the wrong way.

Ranger_Larry
Jul 19, 2003, 09:11 AM
It's an ok cheat, just don't run around bragging about being 200 if you at least didn't get most of the way there yourself. (I mean like 175 plus and not ALL recobox after that either)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-07-19 14:34 ]</font>

Vic_Viper
Jul 19, 2003, 12:48 PM
I don't see any problem with this "trick" it's NOT causing "economic" problems to the traders community, it's NOT giving unfair advantage to anyone, it's NOT causing other people to get corrupted data/duped items. No one is being deceived .... So what is wrong if he want to level up using a "EXP BOT" ? While he's doing that offline he isn't even wasting ISP/SEGA bandwidth.
All fine with me ... I wouldn't do that myself, but if other people do, fine for me.
No reason to think it's wrong.

Dunedain
Jul 19, 2003, 10:10 PM
Interesting... well I should probably say that I am not doing this trick all the time, generally only times I can't get online for some reason or another. And also I probably will get sick of this trick sooner or later (I'm at 158 and it's boring the heck outa me now LoL). But it will be difficult to do, I don't have 2000 hours to spend, I only play like 3 hours a day, sometimes 2... Another thing I should say though. You (generic) got to lvl 200... legitamately... I respect that, but in my mind you should also even respect those who got to level 200 other ways.

Well, maybe not those who use turbo controllers, etc. But still, you shouldn't feel all high and mighty simply because you got up there with a lot of time on your hands. Personally, now don't take this the wrong way, and I am not pointing my finger at anyone, but I feel that some legits are too prideful of their position and feel their way is the only way, and that if you aren't legit then well... your character isn't worthy to get to level 200 or whatever. So what? It is just a game, and I think that you can get to 200 darned near any way you like, just as long as you didn't royally cheat to get there. Though, I wouldn't pure recobox straight to 200. That is rather cheap, pointless, and boring.

I play a variety of actual online play, and recoboxing. After all, this game is meant to be played online with others - not just sitting in front of a box and hitting the same button for hours on end. If I am about to level up (100-200k or so) then I generally do it, if I can't find a game... also, there are the times (argh!) when some fool lets me dead when dark falz dies (thankfully, this has happened only once... I died from 1600 hp to 0 in one hit somehow... o-O), and to payback PSO for cheating me out of 40-50k exp I will do this also. The point I'm trying to make - so what if you get to 200 if you never actually play your character in between. Soon enough I am going to be able to damage the recobox and I will only be able to do it online, anyways. And even then only with jellen on me. That's all I am going to say for now, probably. If you ARE legitamate and got to 200 that way I fully respect that. Just don't make yourself sound like you're above anyone else and it will be all cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It's a videogame and we are supposed to have fun, and to make friends online... not enemies. Thanks for reading... and don't flame me, *too* badly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

bordering
Jul 19, 2003, 10:29 PM
persoanlly, i don't care if it's technically cheating or not, it's SUPER CHEAP. it does devalue level 200 even more than the boss and canbine tricks did....

....but...

i have used this trick. i have used it on only one character.

you see, i had a memory card go boom on me... the chars i lost were in my sig. my RAmarl... i tell you, i cried all freaking day that day. she was my first character, and the one i was most deeply attached to. so many memories intertwined in those 1s and 0s... i had given her up for dead. the prospect of manually taking her from 1 back to 158 was just too fucking heartwrenching. my FOmarl, i could manage. i recreated her before i had ever heard of the recobox trick.

but when i learned of the trick, well, i saw it as my chance.

i took her from level 1 in normal forrest to level 64 in ult seabed in two days. got into ult at level 37, beat ult falz with her at 52. it was... disconcerting... RAmarls own offline so completely... but it was so far removed from the experience i had had as an utter newb... motherfucking existential; surreal.

anyway, i went out and bought another copy of pso, planted her in front of a non producing recobox offline, went from 64-112 about in a day. and got her back to exactly where she was before at 158 in about a week.

if anyone has any fucking criticism for me... well... just.... that would be super super ultra lame.

so... i both disdain this trick and love it greatly. it offers people a way to attain unearned levels... AND it offers people like me an opportunity to regain rightfully earned levels unfairly lost... such a grey world we live in.

long live Ajent Kali, RAmarl, 158 and growing.

Sham
Jul 20, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-07-17 01:38, Skankhair wrote:

With that mentality, I suppose the King Special on S-Rank MECHGUN's is a potential built-in cheat device?

Using the recobox is completely legitimate. Maybe ST didn't anticipate anyone to use it in this way, (or hell, maybe they did, it would seem a bit obvious to use it on a stationary object.) I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is a legitimate way to level up.

-Edit- I'd also like to add I think it's an extremely hilarious trick. It completely devalues(as posted above) other high "legitimately" leveled people on PSO. Which is poetic justice in my book, because I believe that if your main reason of hitting LV200 was to show it off and be "special", then you deserve to be devalued. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-07-20 09:06 ]</font>

HayatoShi
Jul 20, 2003, 06:26 PM
It's not cheating... more like... "I want to really play the game but I gots some mofo things to do now" type of thing

Fett56
Jul 20, 2003, 10:41 PM
*goes off to find his turbo controller*

Barubary6
Jul 21, 2003, 12:34 AM
Can't this same trick be used against a Mothvist? After you kill off so many Mothverts, the Mothvist will just sit there forever. You could do the same trick to them...

-- Barubary

LollipopLolita
Jul 21, 2003, 12:36 AM
On 2003-07-20 22:34, Barubary6 wrote:
Can't this same trick be used against a Mothvist? After you kill off so many Mothverts, the Mothvist will just sit there forever. You could do the same trick to them...

-- Barubary

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

bordering
Jul 21, 2003, 12:51 AM
whoa whoa whoa. you guys LISTED this in a guide? hrm... well... hrm... i suppose since it's not anything outside the bounds of the game... but really, my recreated RAmarl nearly doubled her level overnight the first night... i mean, that shop dupe thingy is in the game too... but that's not listed.

eh, i suppose i shouldn't complain. that trick got me my RAmarl back, so it's a bit dishonorable of me to dis on it.

JOSHtheHUcast
Jul 21, 2003, 02:49 AM
what is the recobox trick

RuneScapeMan
Jul 21, 2003, 05:27 AM
On 2003-07-21 00:49, JOSHtheHUcast wrote:
what is the recobox trick

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

happyalloy
Jul 21, 2003, 02:19 PM
You can do it on mothvist (my fiancee has used it to get from lvl 40 to lvl 80 offline ult forest), but they begin to take damage much sooner than the reconboxes do, especially compared to online reconboxes.

Skankhair
Jul 22, 2003, 12:08 AM
"I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is a legitimate way to level up."

NOT playing the game IS NOT a legit way to level. Geez. It's a cheat. Period. By definition. Learn English.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 22, 2003, 12:42 AM
Its not even really an exploit. If you pay money for a turbo controller to use it for what its meant to do then hey. Its not hacking, its not duping, and its not PKing so dont cry about it. I personally wouldnt mind trying it on my 135 character to raise her up cause i HATE spending countless hours trying to gain one level.

Skankhair
Jul 22, 2003, 01:29 AM
Actually, yes, it is an exploit. By definition. You are exploiting a gameplay parameter to do something other than what was intended.

I'm not saying the Recobox cheat is wrong. But it is a cheat. There are no two ways about it.

GomezdaFonewm
Jul 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
I am kind of new to the game so what is a Recobox trick and how do you do it?

Rudoku
Jul 23, 2003, 02:36 PM
If this is cheating, then piping for rare enemies is cheating as well.

Nall
Jul 25, 2003, 02:54 PM
i did the trick from level 1 to 136. i started on sunday the 20th. it takes so long to level up that way now, it really is just annoying to have to wait countless hours for a couple of levels.

happyalloy
Jul 25, 2003, 03:44 PM
The downside to the trick is that you can't play while you're doing the trick (unless you live with someone with PSO and a separate GC and he's working all week, but that's beside the point). Also, getting a character up to lvl 200 kind of takes away the reason to play that character, so I wouldn't recommend going to 200 on any character you have any special attatchment to. Currently I am only doing this trick on my RAcaseal and my FOnewm, as I don't plan on using them much because I love my RAmarl and FOnewearl much more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I just wanna see what some level 200 characters can do, without having to wait 2 years for my favorite characters to finally get there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

megamanx97
Jul 29, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-07-25 12:54, Nall wrote:
i did the trick from level 1 to 136. i started on sunday the 20th. it takes so long to level up that way now, it really is just annoying to have to wait countless hours for a couple of levels.

That's why you start doing the trick with a Mil Lily http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You get 4½ times the exp per hour

FObilix
Jul 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
It's not cheating or legit.

The answer is that it's retarded.

K9999
Jul 29, 2003, 12:18 PM
Who the fuck cares.

ObiWanShinobi
Jul 29, 2003, 08:22 PM
This trick is cheap fo rthe following reason....your dont killing it and the whold time your gaining exp off of 1 enemy.....at least with canbins you have to kill then in sets of 8...but I dont justify it as a legit way to lvl either...A lvl 200 is great but why not just enjoy your way there instead of being solo in one room doing the same exact 3x attack for god knows how long...well that my feedback if it helps any.

TheDeepForce_5
Aug 1, 2003, 10:43 PM
I might sound like a dumbass but what exactly is recoboxing? Waiting for the infinite Recobox to come out and then killing them, or is it some kinda glitch?

If you left a Turbo Controller On, wouldn't you eventually get killed by the Recobox (or if you had a Stag/Double Saber) run into the wall?

_Sinue_
Aug 2, 2003, 04:08 AM
I don't consider it cheating per~sey.. but it is definately an underhanded trick. Same with tweaking out low level characters with gear you found in higher difficulties. To a certain point, it's perfectly acceptable. Once you start gaining a massively unfair advantage over your team-mates and destorying the difficulty of the level rather than just "Easing it", then you're crossing the line IMO. For that reason, mags shouldn't be handed down - expecially the "pure" breed kind. Yet handing down better weapons that your character can use at his current state is ok. This is where the idea (applied to the whole) falls apart.. because it relys on common sence and respect for others to strike that balance between what you should and shouldn't be using at your level. As most people have shown, common sence and respect for anyone are traits 90% of PSO lacks.

There is absolutely no concievable reason why a HU should be using a Jsword or BKB in Normal mode game online. Period.

Blade666
Aug 2, 2003, 05:07 AM
U cant do make stats cause the glitch is patch and really thats useless.

Castoth
Aug 2, 2003, 06:15 AM
I don't see a problem with Recoboxing, as long as you are manually doing it.

Tweaking with any and all items is perfectly acceptable as well as long as people are responsible about it. That's what I generally do to new characters but I rarely play with others until Ultimate anyway. Other than that, I play with friends that don't mind the tweaked items for the most part (Spread Needle special is incredibly effective in earlier difficulties) or just use normal items if they do object.

Lunus
Aug 2, 2003, 06:33 PM
My motto has always been that if the game will allow you to do it without needing to alter, hack, or in any other way hinder it's normal processes, go for it. of course if it is a glitch that can possibly harm other players, that there is a big no no. If it can only harm you, it's your neck. And I agree with the whole LV200 idea. I wouldn't want my character to be that high any time soon. Never be any stronger. . . (shudder) . . . heaven forbid. . .

killamike
Aug 25, 2003, 12:52 AM
i cant use that with my hunter hes too strong at lv 123.

ps. i like turkey

Guntz348
Aug 25, 2003, 02:44 AM
Please don't bump old topics.